Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wells Gardner K7501  (Read 2543 times)

skilleddd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2012, 12:30:36 pm
Wells Gardner K7501
« on: December 26, 2011, 10:09:25 am »
Hello all,

I have been reading posts and using all this great info to trouble shoot several monitors, but I have a problem that I can't find and answer for.  Wells Gardner K7501 Chassis, I have performed and entire Cap kit replacement and the colors and video on the monitor are awesome, very bright, and all colors are vivid.  Problem I am having is that it appears that I have multiple images on the screen, sorta like the common jail bar effect, each line is identical in width and it appears to be that the image is being doubled or tripled.  My question is this something to do with horizontal deflection, do I have a bad transistor that I need to replace?  I appreciate all the info on this site and everyone that helps out and I try and read before asking, but I just can't find the answer to this one.

Thanks in advance for any responses...

Brian

sarge

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 27, 2015, 01:42:54 pm
Re: Wells Gardner K7501
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 10:58:36 am »
The k7501 is a medium resolution chassis.  It sounds like you are feeding it something other than medium resolution.

mrazy1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2011, 05:32:46 pm
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 02:57:47 pm »
Got pictures and have you gone to the pattern test screen to look at the image there. are the images all different colors are they doubled having the same colors. Seems to me if you can see the image clear but in doubled or tripled I think you need to answer the above question so we can help you better. Sarge maybe correct
Thanks Michael

skilleddd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 03:14:09 pm »
This is to a Silver Strike Bowling cabinet, and it is fed from a video graphics card via the CPU, it does have a VGA breakout adapter for the DB15 to adapt to the RGB of the Chassis.  I have checked pattern in test screen and same doubling and/or tripling, but clear.  I have hooked the CPU up to an LCD screen via the DB15 cable and the picture is perfect.  I'm gathering that this means someone has possible put a mismatched monitor/chassis in this cabinet without checking the CPU output for proper resolution?

Thank you both for your thoughts and comments.

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:23:34 pm
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 06:12:19 pm »
pretty sure you can set strike bowling to cga,ega and vga via dil switches on the jamma i/o pcb
med res is switch 201, 1 and 3 set to on

skilleddd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 07:55:58 pm »
You all are great, I did read that dip switch section in the manual and went to check on it and it looked like 1 and 3 were in their correct position.  I will double check that in the am and let you all know what I have come up with. 

Thanks again for the info and direction