Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ArcadeSpareParts.com review  (Read 6792 times)

Gaaargh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2023, 02:27:52 pm
ArcadeSpareParts.com review
« on: December 23, 2011, 11:01:29 am »
I ordered 2 Sanwa joysticks, and 4 Sanwa 30mm snap in pushbuttons on Dec 9th.

They arrived yesterday (the 22nd) all the way from Hong Kong to Canada, labelled for customs as a gift.

Each joystick was wrapped in plastic AND 2 layers of bubble wrap. The buttons were in a a 2x2 plastic carton kind of like an egg carton, and also wrapped with 2 layers of bubble wrap. Everything was snugly packed, and did not flop around in the box.

The sticks were $20 each, had mounting plates, 4/8 way restrictors, and came with wiring harnesses.

I paid 3.5%surcharge to pay via paypal.

Overall I am very happy with the order, the packing, pricing, & shipping time were all excellent.
Kludged together a MAME cab 10 years ago, it got a makeover January 2012

2012 - built a cocktail Pacman near-repro running 60-odd vertical games Link

brad808

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2023, 08:18:15 pm
Re: ArcadeSpareParts.com review
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 05:00:36 pm »

They arrived yesterday (the 22nd) all the way from Hong Kong to Canada, labelled for customs as a gift.

Each joystick was wrapped in plastic AND 2 layers of bubble wrap. The buttons were in a a 2x2 plastic carton kind of like an egg carton, and also wrapped with 2 layers of bubble wrap. Everything was snugly packed, and did not flop around in the box.

The sticks were $20 each, had mounting plates, 4/8 way restrictors, and came with wiring harnesses.

Overall I am very happy with the order, the packing, pricing, & shipping time were all excellent.

Thanks thats good to know. I was going to order from them before but I was a little hesitant of how much I would have to pay for taxes/ duty whatever else. So just to confirm you had nothing but the price you paid to arcadspareparts because the package was marked as a gift?

wizkid32

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2013, 07:27:03 pm
  • Portland Trailblazers, FTW!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 05:59:44 pm »
Personally, I prefer to buy locally (or at least from within the U.S.  ;D ).
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your
(")_(") signature and help him on his quest for world domination.

Best,
Wizkid32

Gaaargh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2023, 02:27:52 pm
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 08:28:24 am »

Thanks thats good to know. I was going to order from them before but I was a little hesitant of how much I would have to pay for taxes/ duty whatever else. So just to confirm you had nothing but the price you paid to arcadspareparts because the package was marked as a gift?

That's right.
Kludged together a MAME cab 10 years ago, it got a makeover January 2012

2012 - built a cocktail Pacman near-repro running 60-odd vertical games Link