Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FS: Out of Stock. ZD ReMatch Encoder Board with wiring. [USA/MN]  (Read 34588 times)

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
FS: Out of Stock. ZD ReMatch Encoder Board with wiring. [USA/MN]
« on: December 09, 2011, 04:37:08 am »
UPDATE: UPDATE- MARCH 2013 - I am closing shop. Thank you for all your support.

I exclusively have a brand new item available, a new encoder called the ZD ReMatch.

The ReMatch is an easy and affordable encoder, just like the regular Zero Delay Encoder, but it has some new features built specifically for arcade fighter stick builder in mind.

Here is the brand new ZD ReMatch in all it’s glory.

Here are some of the features unique to the ZD ReMatch:

•   PS3 Home Button support – The PS3 is the console of choice for most fans fighters with arcade controls. At last an easy and affordable board for using with the PS3. The ZD encoder has an input for all the PS3 buttons, right down to the L3 and R3, but only the ZD ReMatch has a button input for the home button, making menu access, game switching, power down, and joystick reassignment simple.

•   Longer USB cable - The USB cable for the ReMatch is over 7 feet long. This gives players ample room to plug a standalone arcade panel to their computer or console and sit across the room with ample cable length. The USB cable also has built in cable bushing so that the cable can be snug fit into a control panel.

•   Joystick wires and 13 button wires included – While the regular ZD allows up to 12 buttons and joystick control panel, it by default comes with enough wires for 8 buttons. The ZD ReMatch has 13 button inputs and comes with wires for every input button.

•   Option for wiring sets to fit Japanese arcade controls – I am now offering the option to choose between Japanese control wire sizes or American/European sizes. I have button wires to fit either the .110 Japanese buttons, or the .187 US button switches. I also offer the option to switch out standard up/down/left/right wires for the 5 wire cables normally used for Sanwa Seimitsu and other Japanese joysticks. (Note: The 5-pin wire I provide is designed for Sanwas. I haven't tested it with a Seimitsu or other 5-pin joystick. Modification to the wire may be needed to match your specific joystick's pinout.)

•   Option for macro button and turbo controls – This board has an optional special function feature to create macro functions. By simply wiring up a button to the macro input on the board, a player may allow the ability to create a preset button combination macro for pulling off combos and finishing moves. Like the regular ZD encoder, there is also an option to set up turbo fire as well.

Here is what you will receive:
1 ZD ReMatch Encoder Board
1 Extra long USB cable
Your Choice: 1 Japanese joystick Sanwa 5 wire cable OR 4 standard wires up/down/left/right joystick wires.
Your Choice: 13 size .110 button wires (for Japanese style controls) OR 13 size .187 buttons wires optimized for Standard Arcade control switches.
1 set of instructions

The final price for the ZD ReMatch will be $22 shipped in the US. International is only the cost difference in shipping added, so PM me for a price quote. Also, when you PM me an order, please specify your wire preference.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 04:30:57 pm by Vigo »

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
Re: FS: New Item! ZD ReMatch Encoder Board with wiring. [USA/MN]
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 04:37:43 am »
Reserved for FAQ

CUTWEST

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 05, 2015, 07:19:58 pm
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 08:19:43 am »
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 10:55:45 am by CUTWEST »

NiteWalker

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2022, 07:33:24 pm
  • Routers can do anything.
    • SimpleCase Custom Arcade Stick Enclosures
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 10:06:58 pm »
Looks great. :)
One gripe, the usb cable could be longer; 7' is ok, but 10-12' would be ideal.

Not a huge deal though, since most builders use neutrik NAUSB connectors.
Detachable cables ftw. :cheers:

Great job on these. Ordering soon.

It's 9am. I'm calling it a nite.

coconutbowling

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 15, 2011, 07:30:08 pm
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 11:23:18 pm »
I'm interested in ordering 2 of these, unfortunately for whatever reason I can't PM at the moment (probably because I just joined). So if there's a way I can contact you, then let me know.

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 12:33:59 am »
Hi coconutbowling,

Yeah, you need to have 10 posts before you can send a PM. I will send you a PM with the payment instructions, hopefully you will be able to at least read what I send you.

Just post your preferences on which joystick and button wire connectors you want on this thread. I will get the order shipped right after I receive the payment.

Thamanator

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2012, 01:36:32 pm
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 01:04:59 am »
Same issue as above. I just joined to buy from you, and it won't allow me to PM you!  :(
You can thank Cutwest and his plug at SRK for getting me here.
Are you planning on having any kind of bulk pricing on these or anything? I am in the beginning stages of designing a brand new controller and would like to use these PCBs inside of them, but the controller will be for mass-production purposes, hopefully by april or may of 2012.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 01:08:26 am by Thamanator »

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 09:32:11 pm »
Yeah, Cutwest is an awesome guy, he has been really helping me out a lot! I think it is 10 posts here before PM's can be sent.

Very cool! Yes, I can do bulk pricing. I don't have any bulk prices set and planned out, but just let me know the amount you are interested in, and I can give you a quote. I don't keep a huge inventory on had at any given time, so if you ordered a larger amount, it would probably be an 1-2 weeks added to ship time.

I checked over at SRK just now, I see Cutwest is getting direct orders placed with him. I think I will try to make an account over there and see if I can help him avoid all that trouble. I hope there are not new member PM restrictions over there.

coconutbowling

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 10:14:30 pm »
Sorry Vigo, still can't PM, so yes, I still want JP connectors for both. Thanks for getting back so quick!

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 10:37:26 pm »
Sorry Vigo, still can't PM, so yes, I still want JP connectors for both. Thanks for getting back so quick!

No Problem man! I'll get your package sent out tomorrow.

Thamanator

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 12:29:02 am »
Can you PM me payment info as well. I will need to get 1 right off the bat, for my testing purposes and then we'll go from there. I am creating the new controller and I have a friend who is going to sell them (he already has a company set up and in business for a while to do this kind of thing). So once I get it and make sure it is good to go, he will probably have to contact you about the bulk purchase.

Thamanator

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 12:30:09 am »
Forgot to mention I will need Japanese style sized quick disconnects and the JLF style harness options for mine.

coconutbowling

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 09:40:35 pm »
Item recieved! Thanks again Vigo for everything.

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 06:59:43 pm »
Great! Thanks coconutbowling! Let me know if you have any questions.

SavingPrincess

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 02, 2012, 04:41:36 pm
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 04:41:36 pm »
I am interested but can't pm you.  How can I buy two?

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 07:41:30 pm »
Hi SavingPrincess,

I have replied back to your PM at the SRK website. Just let me know your option of connectors.

Thanks a lot,
Vigo

Norixi86

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2012, 09:26:47 pm
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 10:23:22 pm »
Hi there Vigo,

I've been trying to get on to this forum over the holidays to contact you in order to place an order for 2 of your board + wires combos. I am working on an arcade cabinet build using a 32" LED TV, a beastly mini-itx pc, two custom-made joysticks, and a PS3.

I have a quick question as well that you may be able to answer. Is there a way to split the USB connection in order for it to be connected to both the PC and the PS3 at the same time or at the push of a button swap the inputs? I'd like to have a one button solution to turn off the PC, turn on the PS3, and switch the controllers at the same time.

I plan on using all Sanwa parts for the arcade sticks since I currently use a MadCatz MLG Tournament Edition stick on my PS3 and for testing to set up my front end etc....

Edit: Scratch the above request Vigo. I decided to go ahead and buy another TE stick due to time restrictions. (My dad goes into surgery on the 28th and I want to finish the project with him before then.)

I would still like to order 1 set though for future prospects :).

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:15:02 am by Norixi86 »

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 01:56:52 pm »
Hi there Vigo,

I've been trying to get on to this forum over the holidays to contact you in order to place an order for 2 of your board + wires combos. I am working on an arcade cabinet build using a 32" LED TV, a beastly mini-itx pc, two custom-made joysticks, and a PS3.

I have a quick question as well that you may be able to answer. Is there a way to split the USB connection in order for it to be connected to both the PC and the PS3 at the same time or at the push of a button swap the inputs? I'd like to have a one button solution to turn off the PC, turn on the PS3, and switch the controllers at the same time.

I plan on using all Sanwa parts for the arcade sticks since I currently use a MadCatz MLG Tournament Edition stick on my PS3 and for testing to set up my front end etc....

Edit: Scratch the above request Vigo. I decided to go ahead and buy another TE stick due to time restrictions. (My dad goes into surgery on the 28th and I want to finish the project with him before then.)

I would still like to order 1 set though for future prospects :).

Thanks.

Hi Norixi86,

I had sent you a PM just now including payment instructions. Please let me know your choice of connectors.

Thanks,
Vigo

Norixi86

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2012, 09:26:47 pm
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 07:02:27 pm »
Thanks for the quick PM Vigo.

I'll have the .110 button wires and the 5-wire connector please.

Thamanator

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 11:33:02 am »
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you Vigo. I need to get two boards for now. Both with Japanese style quick disconnects and 5 pin connectors. Do you happen to know if this board is common ground or not?
I received your email, you sent me all the way back in December. So I already have the payment info. You should be receiving my payment in a couple days.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:42:33 am by Thamanator »

testyc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2012, 05:01:33 am
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 12:16:33 pm »
Hi. I'm new to this board, so i can not send you a private message yet.

But i still would like to order such a ZD ReMatch board. I need .110 wires and 4 standard wires (.110 ? , i'll use buttons [hitbox] instead of a joystick).
It would be send to germany, tho.

Would be nice to hear from you. Thank you!

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 02:09:42 am »
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you Vigo. I need to get two boards for now. Both with Japanese style quick disconnects and 5 pin connectors. Do you happen to know if this board is common ground or not?
I received your email, you sent me all the way back in December. So I already have the payment info. You should be receiving my payment in a couple days.

No worries, I will ship out when I receive payment. As for the ground, I have never wired it up using a common ground. If I understand it right, it uses two grounds.

Thamanator

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 02:00:02 pm »
I will test it as soon as I get it in, and let you know for sure.

Common ground refers to the ability to use the same ground to activate all buttons on a controller, as in being able to touch the ground prong from the circle button to any other button on the controller and get it to actuate that button.

If a controller is not common ground, it cannot be used in dual mods.

If you were referring to the Ground and the S Ground for the USB, that is the main ground in to the board and the shield ground in to the board. That does not necessarily mean that the controller is not common. All approved Xbox 360 controllers have a shield ground, and some are common ground and others aren't. I'll get back to you and let you know regardless.

Thamanator

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 01:32:39 pm »
OK, I got mine in today, and as far as I can tell it is common ground. I will actually have to hook up the turbo/macro/clear buttons in order to check them out, but everything else is definitely common ground. I'll hook it up this weekend completely (all functions) and check it that way, and post back here. If it is indeed common ground, that would make this the cheapest common ground PCB for PS3 and PC. Which would make it very sought after by people dual-modding Xbox360 sticks.

In order for a PCB to be dual-moddable it has to be common ground.

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 01:41:59 am »
Thank, Thamanator! I appreciate you checking this out. Really good info, I hope everything goes well and look forward to your update.

gumpie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 22, 2018, 12:32:36 pm
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 05:51:25 pm »
Hi,

i'm unable to send a pm , but i'm intrested in this board with ".187 buttons wires optimized for Standard Arcade control switches".
So please contact me

need to know what payments and shipments are ?

Thnks Peter   :cheers:

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 01:13:04 am »
PM sent! Thanks! 8)

gumpie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 22, 2018, 12:32:36 pm
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 07:15:35 pm »
Hi, i'm still unable to send a pm,

but i was wondering if the new shipment has arived, thanks peter

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 10:25:31 am »
Hey, Peter. I am expecting it to come in the mail today! I checked my order tracking and it is on delivery truck to my house right now. :cheers: I still have to do my quality checks tonight, but I should be able to ship again tomorrow. I will PM you payment instructions.

jmike

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2023, 05:14:03 am
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 12:09:52 pm »
PM Sent.

:cheers:

butteroj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2021, 06:12:24 pm
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2012, 12:14:21 pm »
Has there been any lag testing done on these?  :dunno

sikwidddit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2012, 06:09:56 pm
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2012, 05:18:58 am »
Has anyone tried to dual mod these with another pcb? I was trying to dual mod one tonight with a 360 TE pcb and am getting some really funky results. So i am just curious if anyone has successfully dual modded one yet.

Woodshop Flunky

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 20, 2017, 05:24:57 am
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 11:56:55 am »
Has there been any lag testing done on these?  :dunno

Excuse my ignorance... but what is the lag you ask about... and how would you test for it?

Thanks!

Complete mini arcade cabinet plans available.

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 12:39:21 pm »
I have not found any kind of lag on them. Per the designer of the board, they have as immediate a response as possible; it is actually how they got the name "Zero Delay".

If there is an accurate and easy way to benchmark it, I can give it a go. The only method I can think of is Mythbusters style with a high speed camera, which I don't have.

I don't quite know about how to dual mod the board either.

butteroj

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2012, 11:18:26 am »
Last question, are these boards common ground?

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2012, 12:25:00 pm »
If you look a few posts up, Thamanator tested that out for me and found that it was on a common ground. The turbo/macro functions haven't been confirmed though.  :cheers:

butteroj

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2012, 10:00:59 pm »
I see. Ill take one :-)

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2012, 11:05:25 pm »
I see. Ill take one :-)

PM sent! Thanks! ;)
Please also let me know your choice of connectors.

bizzazz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 10, 2012, 11:04:50 am
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2012, 01:24:56 am »
Hi,

Do you have any more of the ZD Rematch boards for sale?  I was directed here from a different arcade stick forum and am interested in ordering 1 or 2 of these boards.  I am a new member here and seemingly can't PM yet.

Thanks.

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 02:18:00 am »
Hey Bizzazz - I just sent you a PM. Hopefully you should be able to directly respond to it, but if you still can't, feel free to post here as well.   :cheers:

If you order, just be sure to let me know which wire options you want to go with.

Thanks!!
Vigo