Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 19" Vision Pro Dual Resolution (CGA/VGA) LCD Monitor (Will it work with Groovy)  (Read 7557 times)

bent98

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2019, 03:35:00 pm
  • Hyperspin Moderator
http://www.dirtcheaptrading.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=31&category_id=12&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=16

Has anyone pruchased this monitor?

I want to build a cocktail cabinet and I am wondering if this will work with groovy mame and display the same way as a CRT would.

Here's Spes:

Input Video Signal
Signal : RED, GREEN, BLUE Analog only
 Polarity : Positive
 Level : Analog from 0.714 to 2.5 [VP-P]
 Maximum Dot Clock : 135[MHz]

Input Sync Signal
Polarity : (+) or (-) H,V Separate or Composite sync
 Level : TTL Compatible
 High : 2.4 ~ 5.0[V]
 Low : 0.0 ~ 0.8[V]
 Scan Frequency : 15 ~ 80.0[KHz]

Panel Specifications
Display Area 376.32 (H) x 301.06 (V) mm (19” dia.)
 Driver Element a-Si TFT active matrix Dot
 Display Colors 16.78M True Color
 Number of Pixels 1,280 x 1,024 Pixel"
 Pixel Arrangement RGB Vertical Stripe
 Pixel Pitch 0.294 (per one triad) x 0.294) mm (19”)
Display Mode Normally White
 Viewing Angle 80/80/80/80 (U/D/L/R) Degrees CR≥10 (19”)
Contrast Ratio Typ = 700:1 Center of panel (19”)
Response Time Rise = 4.5ms , Fall = 1.5ms Typ. (19”)
White Luminance Typ = 300cd/m2 Cd/m2
Center of panel
 Brightness Uniformity Typ = 80 % %
Dimensions 396 (H) x 324 (V) x 17.5 (D) (Typ) mm (19”)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 07:33:40 am by bent98 »

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
Hi bent98,

I don't have experience with that particular monitor. I can just point you to this thread where the user kalars123 reviews the WG D9000 26" LCD:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=112462.0

The key feature (not advertised) is if it can refresh its panel at an arbitrary vertical rate or it's fixed. The WG test was possitive on this respect.

Second, you would need to decide what looks better:

- Let the monitor's hardware do the required scaling: use GroovyMAME to produce different resolutions as if you were using a CRT.
- Software scaling: send the monitor an already scaled resolution with vfreq adjusted to game's native refresh (GroovyMAME + Powerstrip)

First method will have the monitor readjusting itself between games, some manual adjustment may be needed too. Second method may be better (it wasn't available by the time of the review above was written).

Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
I cant go with a CRT for this project. Its going to have to be this monitor. I just hope it works. What specifically should I ask the company. I only plan only playing vertical CGA resolution games on this.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
I cant go with a CRT for this project. Its going to have to be this monitor. I just hope it works. What specifically should I ask the company. I only plan only playing vertical CGA resolution games on this.

I bet it will take any reasonable refresh rate as it seems to be designed as a replacement part for CRT cabs, so the question should be: if you input a custom refresh like 57 Hz, does it output 57 Hz too, or it internally "normalizes" the refresh to something around 60 Hz?

Some LCDs do the former (these are suitable for arcade machines), some others do the later (most recent LCD pc monitors and TVs I've tested: these are crap for arcade).
Steps to create a log:

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator

Here is a link to the monitor. They show a video of it running NFL Blitz and also show a screenshot of monitor running at a different refresh,

http://www.arcademonitor.com/Arcade-Monitors-for-Sale/19-inch-lcd-arcade-monitor.php

I am going to go for it. I hope you can work with me if I have any issues.

Also, the new HS will work without the hack we have in place now. I will be beta testing it when I get my cocktail cabinet which should be in a month.

I also plan on getting a 4890HD video card since that is the best we can have right now. Can you tell me what drives I need to run with that card?

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
Yes, I'll be interested in seeing how that monitor behaves. For the HD4890 use the 9.3 version of the drivers.
Steps to create a log: