Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MA 2.10 Preferences.exe (known bugs)  (Read 17649 times)

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
MA 2.10 Preferences.exe (known bugs)
« on: July 22, 2010, 05:42:36 pm »
Hello everyone,

After some thorough testing, the following issues were discovered in the standalone preferences.exe:

A) Creating shortcuts for Batch files (they don't work after creation). **
B) Selecting "shortcut of Frontend in startup folder" in the options (does not place the shortcut in the proper folder). **
C) When trying to assign the exit key as ESC, the preferences application quits without assigning the key intended. **
** These do not work properly when created through the Preferences.exe - works fine through MA using CTRL-P though).

Workaround: Do not use the Preferences.exe when making any preference adjustments. Use the Frontend itself by pressing CTRL + P to enter the preferences screen.

These bugs only occur when using the standalone version of the preferences (preferences.exe within the MA folder). If you were to try this within Maximus Arcade (ie pressing CTRL + P) the issues are not present and you are able to proceed as normal without any of the bugs listed above.

Thanks!

DeLuSioNaL29
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 05:46:37 pm by DeLuSioNal29 »
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
Re: MA 2.10 Preferences.exe (known bugs)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 08:00:37 am »
To add to this:

Personally, I delete my preferences.exe from the MA folder and Maximus still works fine.  This prevents me from accidentally opening it when I need to access the preferences.

DeLuSioNaL29
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment: