Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Terminator 2 Pinball  (Read 4828 times)

Mikezilla

• I have a hairy back and everything!
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2017, 07:06:56 pm
  • I can't see the picture darn it!!!
Terminator 2 Pinball
« on: November 14, 2011, 02:01:44 pm »
Hey guys, pinball question. What is a good price for one of these in good condition? It used of course, but everything lights up, and moves properly, and there isnt too much cosmetic damage. I loved this game when I was a kid, and I would like to finally own one. The dude is asking 1500 bucks OBO. How low do you think I can get him?
Pictures are overrated anyway.

Mikezilla

• Offline Offline
Re: Terminator 2 Pinball
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 02:20:20 pm »
If you had bothered to click on the very first link in this subforum, you'd see that the average for T2 is ~$1,400.  I'd say $500 of that is the crossover appeal to non-collectors as there's not really much to the game.

If you can actually afford it, it's local, he's delivering, and you want it, $1,500 is going to be pretty tough to beat on this.  If you have a truck and your time is worthless and you have access to free gasoline you could probably squeeze one for $1,200.

For another few hundred, you can get a T3 which is a better game.

:cheers:

Thanks PBJ!  :cheers: Damn, I was hoping to get it a little lower than that. And cmon man, you should know by now that I pretty much cant click on anything. I tried the link and it was blocked.  :( This would be my first pin btw.

He isnt delivering, but I do have a truck, I just dont know how I would unload it at my house. My friends are all skinny weak nerds, Im the only one with any muscle.  :dunno

I havent even seen T3 before! If there is a naked pic of the Kristanna Loken, Ill get that one instead.  ;D

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 02:31:07 pm »
for that money it had better been fully shoped and have gold leg's
side note
t2 was a pain the ass
this comming from a feild tech on these machines
i side with pj on the t3

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

Q*Bert_OP

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2012, 07:20:42 pm
  • Oh yes, we did!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 02:32:53 pm »
Bought one at an auction for $1130 with BP

Needed a new display and shop job, so about $1300 when done.

Sold it later that year for $1400.

WTB: The Grid by Midway (2001), looking for 2 or more complete games, and large marquee

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 01:24:25 am »
A friend just bought a T2 at an auction over a month ago for $1100. There was so much wrong with it that I had to spend about 6 hours working on it for him. Here's a list of what was wrong:

All 3 speakers shot (two were dead shorted, one was open). Owner bought a Pinball Pro speaker kit to replace the blown speakers.

Amplifier chip shot (caused by the bad speakers).

Dot matrix display was very bad and almost dead. Owner bought a new display from Bay Area Amusement.

Skull and airplane were busted up. Owner bought brand new ones.

Flippers were shot including one bad coil and one coil that was incorrect. Owner bought flipper rebuild kits and all new flipper coils of the correct number.

Switches showed a ground row short. I found a bad chip on the cpu board. Several playfield microswitches had broken wires.

The white standup target switches under the airplane had been wired incorrectly. At some time a yellow jumper wire had fallen off and someone soldered it to the wrong terminal.

Coin switches were wired wrong due to someone's attempt at free play.

Went through NINE boxes of light bulbs in this machine.

Several burnt GI connectors had to be replaced.

Playfield was very filthy and had tons of bad rubbers.

So altogether my friend has alot of money into this machine just getting it cleaned up and operating properly plus paying me good mony for fixing it.

So as pinballjim says, the bargain really wasn't a bargain after totaling up all the real costs.

Mikezilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 12:33:35 pm »
Cool thanks guys.  :cheers: This is a total noob question, but Im REALLY new to the pinball hobby, but what does the term "shopped out" mean? I assume all the replaceable, maintenance parts would be "shopped out" and replaced with new parts?

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 12:45:48 pm »
The term "shopped" means many things to many people. In general and at the very least it means cleaning the playfield, rubbering it, and replacing burned out lights. The game is basically playable, but may still have a few problems.

A more advanced "shopping" job would include repairing/adjusting switches, replacing failing/burnt GI connectors, recapping the power supply board(s), rebuilding the flippers, touching up playfield/cabinet artwork, installing remote battery holder for cpu board, etc.

Mikezilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 12:53:24 pm »
Thanks Ken I appreciate it. Hm. The guy said I could come over and play it before I decided to buy it, but I dont know exactly what I would be looking for. Is there anything with the T2's that is known to go out, or anything specific I could look for when I go play it?

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 01:37:04 pm »
exactley

The term "shopped" means many things to many people. In general and at the very least it means cleaning the playfield, rubbering it, and replacing burned out lights. The game is basically playable, but may still have a few problems.

A more advanced "shopping" job would include repairing/adjusting switches, replacing failing/burnt GI connectors, recapping the power supply board(s), rebuilding the flippers, touching up playfield/cabinet artwork, installing remote battery holder for cpu board, etc.

the term means the tech took the time to fully test and fix any problem's

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

Q*Bert_OP

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2012, 07:20:42 pm
  • Oh yes, we did!
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 03:07:43 pm »
Here are some pics of the one I struggled to sell:

It was easily a 9/10...

http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/qbert247_t2_for_sale

Make sure you like the game before buying as this one's tough to resell! Also in that category are JD, P*P*Y*, DM, BSD, all of which are good players.

Cool thanks guys.  :cheers: This is a total noob question, but Im REALLY new to the pinball hobby, but what does the term "shopped out" mean? I assume all the replaceable, maintenance parts would be "shopped out" and replaced with new parts?

Shopped means clean playfield, replace lamps and rubbers as needed, and make sure the game plays and takes money.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:09:45 pm by Q*Bert_OP »
WTB: The Grid by Midway (2001), looking for 2 or more complete games, and large marquee

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 03:36:06 pm »
q-bert
for me that 1 if shopped would have been $1200.00
olny q is i want to play it first
of course
this is toward's your pic's i just looked at

ed

Mikezilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 05:47:20 pm »
ok ill keep that in mind. I tried contacting the dude but he isnt returning my calls now.  :-[

wxforecaster

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2019, 01:19:24 pm
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 05:38:17 pm »
Mike, where are you at?

I guess I got lucky with mine. I always loved this game as well (we had it in our beach club's gameroom for years) and was able to get mine for a pretty fair price thanks to a well-crafted Ebay search string and a classic miss-post. Cosmetically in great shape and it worked perfectly except no GI. Took a quick peek in the backbox to realize is suffered the same burnt GI death all my other pins had. An hour or to of crimping and soldering new trifurcons and header pins in and it was perfect. This game really looks awesome when you put yellow/red 44s in the right spots.

Turns out that Addams Family was the same way. The manual does not call for lamp condoms but actually colored bulbs at the chair, etc.. I went ahead and did this and I love it!

I'm in Kansas City. Not sure I'd want to part with it, but I suppose for the right price...

Evan

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 09:30:02 pm »
i toss led >gi's< in all of mine
bit of $ but well worth the time

ed