Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Just saw the X-Arcade machine at Fry's (an informal review)  (Read 36679 times)

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
Re: Just saw the X-Arcade machine at Fry's (an informal review)
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 03:48:50 pm »
It's a fine product if all you want to play are 8-way games. I returned mine for that reason. I also wanted a spinner...and then a trackball...and....well.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

ibn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2009, 12:32:00 am
Re:Just saw the X-Arcade machine at Fry's (an informal review)
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2009, 09:51:22 pm »
After coming here and asking around, I bought it.  I was aware of alternatives, most of which I couldn't take advantage of.  After a few initial hurdles, I'm quite happy with it.  

Granted, with a little work (maybe the addition of a marquee, monitor bezel, and some kind of door or panel to cover the shelves) it could be made more arcade-like, but for about the same price, you can get a Slikstik machine that is already built like a real machine, AND you can get it shipped flat to build, just like the X-Arcade.  Actually, for a MUCH cheaper price, you can go to your local amusement supplier and get a jamma cab, AND rent a truck to drive it home!

I have to agree, most folks who would buy it are not familiar with what you can really get for that kind of money.

Anyway, that's about all I have to say about this subject, I don't want to rouse the moderators' wrath by ripping on it too hard...

Yes i brought 2 of them about aweek ago because i thought that was the closest thing i can buy..
I thought thay was ok seem people here dont like them..
If you know who make the best arcade stick and where i can buy it then please let me know
Still not sure if i should return them back and get my 365.00 back..

Deathadderpt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2009, 04:55:14 pm
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 04:03:30 am »
Hi

I have see people talking about x-arcade stick, that is awesome something like that, and i saw on youtube some people saying bad things about x-arcade. First i think that are people from other companies to fool people. And i buy x-arcade dual stick, now 1 month was passed away, and i´m very  :angry:.  Not only the stick appears to be running away from me when i play street fighter 2 or killer instinct but i can´t do certain moves that contains more than 1 button pressed, like specials in street fighter alpha and street fighter Ex, the specials level 2 and 3 doesn´t work.  Now i´m selling it. NO MORE XGAMMING PRODUCTS IN MY HOME.

Kman-Sweden

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 23, 2015, 07:29:00 am
  • Up the Irons!
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2009, 09:32:55 am »
I replaced the X-arcade micro switches in my Tankstick with Cherry ones. This made them far less clicky but I bet the x-arcade ones will never brake.. They are "industry class" switches... Real bad-ass switches.   :afro:

WifeHatesMame

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2017, 05:26:33 pm
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2009, 12:24:49 pm »
I ordered the X-Arcade BYO kit on Monday. They have it listed on their website and on eBay as available. A while later they emailed and said it was out for at least 3 weeks. I cancelled the order and got a paypal refund. I wonder what they would do if someone had bought that eBay auction they had (still have).

Epyx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 25, 2023, 07:56:36 pm
  • "You're an oddity"
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2009, 06:24:24 pm »
Well I have both the X-Arcade and an IPAC custom unit.

I have to say the X-Arcade really draws a lot of ire but it isn't that bad of a unit...for what you pay you get a lot of decent quality components...sure not the best but "decent" quality.  While I won't even begin to argue the quality isn't as great as a genuine part...they sure feel fine for me.  I had the controller side by side with my custom built one and maybe it is slightly clickier but I would go as far as saying the buttons and joysticks feel just fine to me.

The Tankstick still servers as a perfect controller to lug around and plug in to the big screen using the myriad of adapters they offer (Dreamcast/PS2/PS3/Xbox etc). 

Last Project

Epyx Tutorials:
Tutorials

dafelandry

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2012, 12:08:40 pm
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2009, 07:12:27 pm »
I have made my own CP and used a Tankstick..... If it werent for the fact that my tankstick has a dreamcast adapter i probably wouldnt use it.... My original CP was a first time build and its pretty good (no trackball tho) I think the "clicky" sound that everyone keeps mentioning is almost euphoric to me!! reminding me constandly of the old school MK cab button mashing days..... (i just had my brother walk behind me and say "aint that the f-in truth")

Xarcade is as severdhed said "a gateway CP" but with extras such as easy to install console adapter and a slack plug n play setup (i wish an xb360 one would work...minus bying that stupid FPS adapter) I personally love to wire up CPS but my tankstick has been my baby for a long time and with a lifetime warrenty under its name .... i dont see why not.... plus warrenty doesnt void with custom overlays and such!!

as far as problems with it... NONE!!! iv had it for 8 months and iv gamed HARD on that thing... including a solid 5 hour marathon of MK1 (test your might button torture) and many many other nights of button mashing goodness of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (for dc via the adapter).... As noobish as an xarcade setup is i think its great for the young dreamers who want to feel the expiernces without the good expierence with wireing and customizations...

as for "buttons not working" and "moves not working" iv had no problem i run the pc port of mk trilogy and have been able to perfrom fatalies (even the odd brutality) no problem!!! I dont hear anyone who has problems with that mentioning if they physically adjusted the joystick via adjusting the microswitch....If fixed many problems doing that and its all depening on how people ream on the joystick...

anyways no more ranting