Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Any Arcade fans in Leeds, UK?  (Read 6668 times)

Jonny G

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2024, 05:59:46 pm
Any Arcade fans in Leeds, UK?
« on: November 18, 2011, 10:07:56 am »
Hi all,

Just wondering if theres any of you based in Leeds, or West Yorkshire? I know we have a few Arcade warehouses dotted around so would be cool to meet a few people into the hobby.

I've got a Neo-Geo Lordsvale cab running Mala, and a Brent Leisure "Football Champ" cab that I could be looking to sell pretty soon.

Get in touch...

Jon.

ZedEx48K

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2021, 03:14:03 pm
Re: Any Arcade fans in Leeds, UK?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 06:53:12 am »
I'm in Huddersfield atm, and we do seem to be lucker than some for suppliers around here, with Videotronics at low more and Arcade warehouse in Castleford, no cabs here atm (several in the past though) waiting on a bigger house befor I can fit something in.

Jonny G

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2024, 05:59:46 pm
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 12:35:23 pm »
Yeah I've seen Videotonics on Ebay and heard of Arcade Warehouse. What's the deal with these places? Are they OK with you coming to just have a look round?

ZedEx48K

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 04:59:50 pm »
I've been to both, just give them a call and ask to see if you can have a trip over and have a look through their stock as you are looking for an arcade machine (be it full or just a shell)

Have a look on the websites, http://www.arcadewarehouse.com/ & http://www.videotronicsuk.com/

Oh, make sure you have a car big enough to fit one in though :P

Franco B

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 09:14:06 am
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 05:59:14 am »
Avoid arcadewarehouse aka arcadewhorehouse like the plaque. They are renowned for ripping people off, especially those new or inexperienced.

Mo @ Videotronics is a good guy though, I'm sure he can sort you out.

If you want a candy then Jeff @ Digital Systems Designs may be able to hook you up, his website is www.digitalsystemsdesign.co.uk  His site is quite new though and he doesn't have everything listed yet.

There is also Craig at www.giz10p.co.uk, I think he sometimes has surplus cabs in.

www.jammaplus.co.uk may also be a good source for a wooden shell.

I live in Lincoln myself which isn't a million miles from Leeds. I have a few arcade buddies in Leeds/West Yorkshire area so there is definitely plenty of us about :)

ZedEx48K

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 04:03:30 am »
Avoid arcadewarehouse aka arcadewhorehouse like the plaque. They are renowned for ripping people off, especially those new or inexperienced.

Mo @ Videotronics is a good guy though, I'm sure he can sort you out.

I have to diasagree from my experience with both these places, Arcadewarehouse were a bunch of pleasant guys with some good prices (considering some of the places I've found), Videotronics are ok too, but some of the stock can be a little pricey for well (ab)used stuff, made worse that some of it has been left outside in all kinds of weather.

Craig at Giz10p Is a nice bloke (got some buttons from him) and has some lovely arcarde machines he owns, inc the UKs only Sega R360 I believe, I could of spent the day annoying him watching over his shoulder if he let me :P

There's also http://www.findarcademachines.com/ but they are bloody expensive!

Chance1234

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2013, 01:23:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 01:47:30 pm »
Hi,

I know this is an old post, but just wanted to say, I am in Leeds. Would be interested in meeting up

regards

Chance