Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: help me upgrade my cdm3 to cdpro rowe 100  (Read 6066 times)

roguetel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 08, 2013, 02:27:58 pm
  • arcade nostalgia, more addictive than heroin
help me upgrade my cdm3 to cdpro rowe 100
« on: April 13, 2012, 09:18:54 pm »
HI guys,

I have a rowe cd-100 and want to replace the old CDM-3 mech and basket with a cd pro and mech. and upgraded basket. The CCC is 4.3. The upgrade manual Rowe_Installing_CDM12_in_a_CDM-3_CDM-4_Kit_66505907 references two things I need help with.

First I do not have the 10 pin P6 so I was just going to plug in the old P7, skip a pin and plug in p3. The guide says there is a splice from the black/ white that needs to be removed, mine does not have this splice.

Then it references replacing the main power supply circuit board on page 9, I don't have this new PS board. I assume I need it to complete my task. Can you help and say that with everything else rowe part 61086501 is all I would need? Or will it work without the part?

Thanks.

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: help me upgrade my cdm3 to cdpro rowe 100
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 06:27:56 am »
Hi roguetel,

Is the CDM-3 working ok?

If it is I would leave well alone with regards to the electronics and just get a conversion kit for the basket and gripper bow etc.
The open basket conversion reduces the wear on the face of the CD's.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

roguetel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 08:49:15 pm »
Hello ami-man,

It is a privilege to discuss this with you.
Yes, the CDM-3 mech does work though it has a tendency to toss a CD on an occasion or two, for some reason. I also have a CD100A with a non working CDM-4 player and I want to restore that juke with the CDM-3, it's CCC is a 2.1 so compatibility is no problem. I have done all the work to repair the CDPRO laser, motor and mech assembly so this is the one I want to run in my favorite, very first juke the wonderful cd100B.

I have been researching the issue, I think the only missing piece is the upgrade main power supply board. Either I patiently watch EBay for a whole PSU or I dive in and spend serious $$$ at a juke parts site for just the circuit board.

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 06:37:20 am »
Hello rouetel,

With regards to the CDM-3 mechanism I would replace the the magnetic hub and check out the gripper bow assembly and make sure there is no lubrication on the trunion & cam gearing.

Regarding the power supply if you are going to use a CDM-12 or a CDPRO you will need a 9 volt supply instead of the 8volt supply used on the CDM-3 & CDM-4.

Best of luck with it those items such as the mechanism controland lazerhead for the CDM-12 and CDMPRO are a bit thin on the ground and if you have to get new then the costs are more than a replacement jukebox.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

Karetaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2022, 08:19:40 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 03:28:54 pm »
If it's throwing CD's make sure your mech is adjusted properly. When you move the mech back and forth the distance should be the same on both sides of the CD looking at the gripper bow. If it goes to one side of the disc more than the other you might want to adjust it, and readjust the optics. Could be sprag gear wear as well if what was suggested doesn't cure it.

roguetel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 05:01:24 pm »
Thanks for the advice on the CDM-3, I will check for loose grease and look at the spacing on the gripper arm to see if it will stop tossing CD's.

As far as the CDPRO install goes, I have the unit installed, replaced the PSU to the new transistor-less model that supports the newer mech control. Upon power up, CD mech board error flashes 3 times(usual startup diagnostic) and then stays illuminated. The 5V light stays on as well. The cancel button will not move the basket. There is a power problem in the harness or the CCC connections that I can't figure out.