Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How the heck do I use ClrMame Pro?  (Read 3556 times)

Jakobud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 04:45:38 am
How the heck do I use ClrMame Pro?
« on: June 21, 2002, 02:36:09 pm »
Okay, I really don't understand a lot of this program.  I had it choose my Mame 0.60 and it generated some sort of Mameinfo.dat based on that.  I told it where my roms and samples were stored.  Then everything else confuses me.  Merged sets?  Split sets? Non-merged?  I do a scan of all my roms and it tells me I am missing over 145 games, even though I got a full Mame 0.60 set from Tombstones.  What's the deal there?  And after the scan, I click in the log window for a lot of games and they say they are missing roms.  Can someone tell me what the deal is with this program?  It looks powerful, I just don't know how to use it to my advantage.  help please. thanks

jakobud
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: How the heck do I use ClrMame Pro?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2002, 02:48:24 pm »
ClrMamePro honestly is the most powerful of the two rom managers, BUT for the reasons you just mentioned I only use romcenter.  

Romcenter will do almost all lof the functions clr can do at this point and the interface is much easier to operate and understand.  Also clr seems to be inaccurate when it comes to telling you what roms you have.  When you have a corrupted rom in romcenter it tells you whats wrong with it, in clr it seems to tell you it's completely gone.  I think they both "know" about the corrupted rom, but clr's statuses are setup so goofily that it just doesn't make any sense to the user.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »