Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: TwistedQuarter.com review  (Read 8197 times)

Well Fed Games

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
TwistedQuarter.com review
« on: September 23, 2011, 02:15:57 pm »
So, I have put a couple orders into twistedquarter, spend about $200 with them, so I thought I would share my thoughts.

The good: 

-fast shipping (got last order in 5 days, ordered monday, got it friday)

-good selection (things like coin door parts, 13" monitor bezels, etc.)

-growing selection, new stuff added often

-prices are ok... like most arcade suppliers all the little things you need add up

The bad:

-lack of attention to detail- in my last order I got two coin reject buttons with very different inserts. Now I have to send one insert back to get a match for the other. Kind of a pain.

-poor packing- in two different orders I have had plastic parts scratched up in shipping... one was a joystick balltop, others were the aforementioned reject buttons. I mentioned this in an email, they didn't seem to care.

In summary:

-worth checking out, especially for the parts you can't find anywhere else. My suggestion is to contact them beforehand to make sure parts match and that plastic parts get wrapped separately (instead of in a bag with sharper plastic or metal pieces).

Anyone else have good/bad experiences with them?
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Re: TwistedQuarter.com review
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 02:29:12 pm »
I've bought from them many times, but I've used their eBay store rather than their online store to get better prices.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Q*Bert_OP

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2012, 07:20:42 pm
  • Oh yes, we did!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 07:14:13 pm »
Watch out...some of their prices are higher than ordering direct from Happ through a sales rep. :o
WTB: The Grid by Midway (2001), looking for 2 or more complete games, and large marquee

Well Fed Games

• Offline Offline
  • Delicious!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 09:49:57 pm »
Watch out...some of their prices are higher than ordering direct from Happ through a sales rep. :o

Hmm, will have to watch out for that. I think I might be done with them entirely, though, I have found my recent customer service interactions to be wanting.
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Q*Bert_OP

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2012, 07:20:42 pm
  • Oh yes, we did!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 12:50:37 am »
I used to order most of my monitors from them...not anymore!

Example:
24.8" Makvision CGA/EGA/VGA CRT monitor
-Happ website: $435.00 (cheaper through sales rep, but I can't post price here)
-TQ: $459.00!

WTB: The Grid by Midway (2001), looking for 2 or more complete games, and large marquee

twistedquarter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2013, 04:18:05 pm
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 01:42:53 pm »
It is not often I have time to respond back in a forum setting . But I thought I would take a moment  to respond back to this statement. Yes  there was a bad coin reject button  that the printing was not correct on , ( came in light  and thin  and not thick and bold )  and we do try to make sure every part leaves 100% perfect but with 60 to 100 orders a day leaving we do make a mistake ....BUT we do stand behind every parts we sell  and what was not mentioned was that WE PAID  for the return postage  to get that button back .. so we could get a credit back from IL . As for the joystick handle  we never heard about this complaint ..and we would of replaced it ....all joystick are bagged or paper wrapped separate ... We always welcome feed back  good or bad  as this is how we grow to serve you ...our customers better.

Andrew

Twisted Quarter Inc.

Well Fed Games

• Offline Offline
  • Delicious!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 04:51:04 pm »
WE PAID  for the return postage  to get that button back ..

Yes, but that was offered only after I basically said I was done with you guys (and after my initial post here). The original suggestion seemed to be for me to mail it back on my dime. I do appreciate it, but it seemed a little too much work on the consumer end to arrange it.

As for the joystick handle  we never heard about this complaint ..and we would of replaced it ....all joystick are bagged or paper wrapped separate ...

I'm sorry, but no, this is not true. My Ms. Pac/Galaga replacement stick was in the same bag as the metal prongs of the stick base's microswitches, and the balltop was significantly scratched. According to your website, "An 18% restocking fee will apply to all returns," so I (unsuccessfully) tried to buff out the scratch myself, as I didn't want to lose 18% plus shipping back for a $16 joystick. If you look in the email I sent about the reject button, I did mention this joystick issue, and never heard back about it.

I got the reject button back today, thanks. If there is a chance to get a refund or replacement for the Ms. Pac balltop/shaft, let me know.

I would love to keep ordering from you guys, as I love your selection (some of the new joysticks look great!), but two orders in a row with something wrong makes me wary about a third.

edit: for clarity.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 10:51:21 pm by thefearsomefearful »

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 03:19:26 pm »
I've ordered from TQ a number of times and never had a problem.  One time I was ordering something light and the auto-ship quote was outrageous... I sent an email to Andrew and he hooked me up with more reasonable shipping...

Where else are you going to find those kickass lock/switches?

Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

portugese pirate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2019, 05:51:25 pm
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 06:44:23 pm »
Ive also ordered from him in the past and have had no problems.........Im sure he will make it right

Well Fed Games

• Offline Offline
  • Delicious!
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 07:41:33 pm »
Ive also ordered from him in the past and have had no problems.........Im sure he will make it right

Eh, I am not going to push it. I got a replacement stick from GGG, all is well. It would probably be wise for them to be more active here on the forums like Randy T.... they obviously had to make an account to respond to my post (their post count is 1 as of right now).

I will probably order from them again at some point... but I will be sure to specifically ask that all plastic parts be wrapped separately. I've already put two nasty gouges in the balltop I got from GGG (I'm one clumsy SOB), but at least it came mint... I would rather mess up my parts myself

Kind of related, just put in my first order with Bob Roberts, good transaction so far! I think I will be dealing with Paradise Arcade soon for some buttons, so I think I will have run the gamut of arcade suppliers then!

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 08:56:49 pm »

Kind of related, just put in my first order with Bob Roberts, good transaction so far! I think I will be dealing with Paradise Arcade soon for some buttons, so I think I will have run the gamut of arcade suppliers then!

Heh. I love dealing with Bob.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***