Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pics from the new Rygar and Shinobi  (Read 2721 times)

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
Pics from the new Rygar and Shinobi
« on: June 24, 2002, 04:33:02 pm »
Shinobi
http://www.gamers.com/feature/ps2top10/ss07.jsp

Rygar
http://www.gamers.com/feature/ps2top10/ss04.jsp

I'm really not sure if they look like a games I will like.  I kinda wish that they added cool 3d graphics but used the same controls.  IE, both side scrollers like the new Duke Nukem, but with all the eye candy, and maybe some new weapons/specials.  

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Pics from the new Rygar and Shinobi
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2002, 03:54:11 pm »
I agree the graphics look so-so and the control scheme will probably be totally f*cked up due to the added 3d element.  What puzzles me is why a decidedly nintendo and a decidedly sega title are being released on the ps2?!?  Now I'm not a marketing wiz, but it seems like their target market would all be gamecube users.  Perhaps  these were ps1 titles that got upgraded at the last minute and ported to the ps2.  (The graphics shure seem bad enough in some of the screen shots.)

This console wars part III is ridiculous.  Sony, nintendo and m$ are going crazy trying to tempt and third party developers into making games for them.  Unfortunately they and these developers don't check to see if that title would work well with their system.  

What does the user get out of this?  Well every single established character known to man is on the gamecube, capcom has split it's three genres across all three platforms and it's pretty exclusive, while sony picks up as many bland and generic titles as they can.  Unfortunately sony also picks up EVERY middle of the road title from low-budget 3rd party developers.  

So all established characters are on the cube, all ground-breaking stuff is either on the cube or the xbox, and all of your clones and fun "if it ain't broke don't fix it" style games are on the ps2.  Did I mention NO ONE gets all of the capcom games on their system.  

Man I'm patiently waitng for m$ to take over the market in console wars IV so I don't have to deal with it anymore.  What you don't think they will?  This is m$ guys, unfortunately, the battle was over before it even started. We are m$ you will be assimilated, resistance is futile....  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »