Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Really hope you can help with Wah-Cade  (Read 3505 times)

strontium

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2021, 05:12:52 pm
Really hope you can help with Wah-Cade
« on: October 08, 2011, 04:47:49 pm »
Hi guys I just don't seem to be able to get wahcade working in Groovmame. I have done a default install and sound video all seem to work. The problem is I have no idea how to setup wahcade. I have pointed it to the default location for the few roms that come with the livecd on my HDD but when I press start I get a starting game message and after a few seconds it disappears and does nothing.

I presume this is because the path to the emulator is not correct but for love or money I don't seem to be able to find the mame binary file. Is groovymame on Linux using xmame or sdlmame. At the moment it is pointing to /usr/local/bin/switchres is this correct?

The other question I have is how do I get this to work on a vertical monitor, I can not see anywhere a option for vertical orientation.

Thanks in advance for any help the forum can give me, I'm really hoping that I can get this working. Advice, links, information anything would be great to get my cabinet booting into wahcade and running.

Thanks

Strontium

strontium

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2021, 05:12:52 pm
Re: Really hope you can help with Wah-Cade
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 02:33:40 am »
Ok so I think I've worked a few things out. The first issue I was having was the path to the mame emulator. In Wahcade this should be set to /usr/games/bin/groovymame, please correct me if I am wrong.

I have no idea why it was set to the switchres binary maybe this is something that needs looking at with the livecd install.

I still don't know how to change my Wah-cade layout to vertical so if anyone can help with that it would be appreciated. Any links to setup articles that could help a new user of Groovymame on Linux would be appreciated.

Also what about layouts in Wah-cade any good sites with custom layouts to download.

Thanks

Strontium

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
Re: Really hope you can help with Wah-Cade
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 11:40:39 am »
Hi Strontium,

Sorry I can't be of much help with the Linux side, hopefully bitbytebit will see this thread.

All info available should be spread in this thread:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=107620.0

As for te switchres binary, I believe it's pointing there as a vestige of the time where GroovyMAME didn't exist and Switchres was used as a MAME wrapper instead.

As far as I remember bitbytebit renounced to Wahcade and introduced Advanced Menu instead as it was easier to setup.

Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi