Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Game Launcher won't find Neo Geo games  (Read 3356 times)

Radeyes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Never
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
Game Launcher won't find Neo Geo games
« on: June 25, 2002, 09:47:01 am »
I've installed Game Launcher and I believe all of the configuration is correct, however no Neo Geo games get discovered from running mamescan.exe. Any ideas?

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Jakobud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 04:45:38 am
Re: Game Launcher won't find Neo Geo games
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2002, 05:57:12 pm »
Okay if I were you I would not worry about using Mamescan.  I have never gotten Mamescan to work for some reason.  You don't need Mamescan to get Game Launcher to find your games.  In your Mame.cfg, just set it to scan for games automatically instead of using the mame.rom file.  This way, whenever you start Game Launcher, it will automatically scan for all games and create the list based off that scan.  And as for the remapping of the names, just goto your Mame folder in DOS, and type this command:

mame -listfull > mame.map

It will create a file called mame.map.  Place that file in your glaunch\config folder.  That's it.  You are all set to go.

Also regarding your NeoGeo problem, make sure you have the Neo Geo bios rom files.  That might be a problem if you don't have those.  But anyways, I'd go with my solution.

jakobud
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »