Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: "BUSH" crt tv can get into service menu but can't find overscan....  (Read 4340 times)

jahilton2002

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2023, 04:14:26 am
hi guys i have a bush tv (LG tube) that i've used for my arcade.... works great. but im using the arcade vga card and need to adjust the overscan..... i can get into the service menu via   MENU----9---3---0---1 and can adjust lots of settings in there... but im unable to find the setting to adjust the overscan.... i dont know the model of the tv as i've decased the tube.... so i know its a long shot ask really...

thx in advance.

boardjunkie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2019, 06:05:58 pm
Re: "BUSH" crt tv can get into service menu but can't find overscan....
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:24:42 am »
Generally the terms you are looking for are horizontal width and vertical height. In the service menu they may be called "hwdth"/"vht"....something like that. Depends on what they decided to call it.

There's no way to know for sure unless you have the service manual for that particular TV that details all the service adjustments.

And just a note....you need to be in the *service menu* to access these adjustments. It won't be in the user adjustments (brightness,color level, tint, etc). Service menu access is generally a sequence of keypresses on the remote.

apfelanni

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2019, 01:55:28 pm
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 04:04:33 am »
there are only a few tv models here in europe with overscan on / off option in the osd. if u cant find one there is none . try the width / height options or check the chassis board for potis . find out the chassis manufacturer or modell for a detailed google search .
if there isnt an additional poti for hor wide it may be adjusted via the hor wide coil .

boardjunkie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2019, 06:05:58 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 11:52:15 am »
There likely ain't any pots......any TV made in the last 20 years is all menu adjust for just about everything.