Software Support > GroovyMAME

GroovyMAME for Dummies? (SOLVED)

<< < (2/3) > >>

wxman13:
Made some progress, now have some games working, I don't understand why when selecting the games through groovymame alone they don't look right? When I open them with Hyperspin which is using groovymame they appear to be closer to their normal resolution?  ???

tommywright:
You know I think I get the same thing... once I got groovymame working in Hyperspin, the games synced to the closest 2x resolution.  In groovymame they looked lopsided... vertical games tried to fill the screen and full screens got squashed into vertical games.

Did you figure out what was causing Hyperspin to not use groovymame?

wxman13:

--- Quote from: tommywright on September 20, 2011, 12:34:00 pm ---You know I think I get the same thing... once I got groovymame working in Hyperspin, the games synced to the closest 2x resolution.  In groovymame they looked lopsided... vertical games tried to fill the screen and full screens got squashed into vertical games.

Did you figure out what was causing Hyperspin to not use groovymame?

--- End quote ---
It still wouldn't work after I renamed groovymame like you did, but once I ran groovymame -cc to creat the mame.ini file I was able to get it going, funny now I can delete the mame.ini and it still works. One game I can't get to work however is 1941 (World), can you try and see if you can get that one to work?

Also I can't tell any difference when using groovymame and mameui from within hyperspin, as far as picture quality?. Are you still using the Ultimarc drivers with the ArcadeVGA3000?

tommywright:
I only run the ultimarc driver (no Control Center).  I know groovymame is working because when I run regular mame, I can't play Frogger, Galaxian or Gorf at all.  The monitor will sync out of range.  With groovymame they look perfect.  Mame also would make games like SmashTV play shrunk down where groovymame takes it full screen.  Everything else ran really well with mame and the AVGA drivers.  Without the drivers it was terrible.  A lot of games played but there was really bad screen tearing.

I'll try 1941 World when I get home tonight and let you know.

thefooz:
A bit off topic, but I was just wondering if the arcadevga + groovymame provided any advantage over a regular ATI card with the calamity drivers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version