Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Is it worth it to build driving controlls from arcade parts or just buy PC ones?  (Read 4145 times)

rackoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2023, 02:29:36 pm
  • I EAT PENCILS!
Like the title says I am thinking of building driving arcade controls for my cab, but I am not sure which route to go. :dunno

I see alot of PC setups and I wonder if they will work for MAME ???

Yet, I want a sturdy set up, so, should I buy some used arcade parts and go that way?
They treated me like an animal and that's what I became.

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
Badmouth's thread is your best bet Arcade Driving Cab / Steering Wheel / Racing / Information - last update 7/15/11

Your first point of order is to determine if you want to play mame games or run a console like an xbox 360

If you want to play mame games, you need to determine if they will play on your PC.  If not, upgrade as necessary.  Then you can get your controls set up. 

Hope that helps.  Good luck!

rackoon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2023, 02:29:36 pm
  • I EAT PENCILS!
thanks Genaric Eric,

Looks like I will go the xbox route
They treated me like an animal and that's what I became.

D_Harris

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2023, 04:08:42 pm
The arcade controls are built a lot better and are made for cabinets. So if I were to incorporated these controls I'd use one of the Pole Position control panels I have laying around. (I have the actual arcade games I play that have driving or flying controls, so I wouldn't need to do this myself).

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.
My collection:Asteroids, Joust, Millipede, Ms. Pac-man, Pole Position, Robotron 2084, Star Trek, Star Wars, and 100+ PCBs. Trading/Selling:Arkanoid: R.O.D. Cocktail, Tornado spinner, Hewlett Packard 16500A Logic Analysis System with Accessories. Wanted:Mach 3 joystick. Millipede Trackball. 100° or WG4600 monitor Tube.