Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Maximus and CPWizard  (Read 3685 times)

blubberpud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 10:04:04 am
Maximus and CPWizard
« on: August 30, 2011, 12:53:47 pm »
I am running Maximus Arcade and Mame .139 (hiscore patched), I'm trying to get CPWizard to work with it but not having much luck. 

I can run CPWizard and "test view" for mame, everything looks good, but I don't get anything when I run mame through Maximus?
It's like it's not getting the "P" when I press pause, or actually I set it to show on start and that's not working either??

Is there something in Maximus I need to set for passthrough, or do I just have CPWizard setup wrong? 

BTW I am using this setup in CPWizard:
Mame Output System ON, Use Show Key ON, Send Pause ON, Pause Mode Message System, Detect Pause OFF

ebo0763

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2016, 12:37:58 am
Re: Maximus and CPWizard
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 09:40:46 pm »
I have the same problem and I can't figure it out... If it would be more popular maybe there would be more ressources/reply to our posts.

Maybe one day... 

Necro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2022, 08:22:22 pm
  • Building a 'Classic' MAME Cab
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 09:20:21 pm »
Setup your key in CPWizard to be 'L' or something unused.  Set the pause key in MAME to be 'P'.  Then, run CPWizard.  THEN run Maximus Arcade.    There should be no other settings to run.

Or are you trying to run it from command line every time you run a game?

Should work.  I'm getting a weird crash now on this for some reason that I can't figure out by what I think is just a support program...but the above was working fine until yesterday. 

nimroduk007

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2012, 05:48:20 am
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 12:33:07 am »
Hi,
There is a setting to change the show key, which defaults at p. Try changing it or there is an option to show at startup, which shows the cp at the start of every game for a few seconds.
Paul

estrika

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2016, 09:54:15 am
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 03:12:16 pm »
that easy to do.
setup cpwizard outside maximus, control keys etc then in maximus preferences go to OPTIONS->STARTUP put the x in the square Run application on startup and give the path to cpwizard.exe, i can confirm that works great because is like that, that i have mine, when you close maximus, cpwizard stays in memory but thats not a problem if you rerun maximus nothing strange will happen