Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Emulaxian/3d arcade help  (Read 5341 times)

twitami

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2016, 01:09:08 pm
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
Emulaxian/3d arcade help
« on: July 02, 2002, 10:40:58 am »
Well, I downloaded this, configured it all, and ran it for the first time. The 3-d arcade appeared and looked amazing! (I think it takes yuo to the demo the first time you run it). When I excited the program to download some more of the models and then ran it again, I cant move in the FPS mode. I can turn left and right with the arrows, but cant seem to move forward or backwards. Something happens when I push them, but I dont move at all in the virtual arcade. I am not in the Move Cabinet mode, I thought that might be it, but it isn't. Any ideas or help out there?

Thanks SO much!
Brian
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

)p(

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2009, 03:38:15 am
  • We are the Galaxians...
    • Emulaxian:cabinet and frontend
Re: Emulaxian/3d arcade help
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 10:05:57 am »
Well, I downloaded this, configured it all, and ran it for the first time. The 3-d arcade appeared and looked amazing! (I think it takes yuo to the demo the first time you run it). When I excited the program to download some more of the models and then ran it again, I cant move in the FPS mode. I can turn left and right with the arrows, but cant seem to move forward or backwards. Something happens when I push them, but I dont move at all in the virtual arcade. I am not in the Move Cabinet mode, I thought that might be it, but it isn't. Any ideas or help out there?

Thanks SO much!
Brian

Yes it takes you to the demo..which is in fact just another gamelist but with only games you can get the models for on the site so it look really pretty ;-)

That sounds really weird...does this still happen after you have rebooted the computer? And does removing the models solve the problem?

can you give some info on the system and os you use...

Peter

twitami

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 12:07:15 pm »
Well, after seeing your post, I tried removing the model (I had only put it one, just to play around with it). Sure enough, when I removed the Asteroids model and restarted, the Arcade now works correctly~I can walk around again--never seen so many Galaxians in one place =)

So, any idea how to get around this? I am running XP on a Pentium 4 1.6 ghz machine with 512 ram.

One other thing I noticed is that when I actually start a game, the arcade sounds keep playing even during the game..is that supposed to happen?

I still have a TON of configuring and playing around with this thing before I will have a grasp on it, but I am really excited to get it working...you have done an amazing job on it, I am really impressed!

Regards,
Brian Nalley

)p(

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2002, 12:47:10 pm »
Well, after seeing your post, I tried removing the model (I had only put it one, just to play around with it). Sure enough, when I removed the Asteroids model and restarted, the Arcade now works correctly~I can walk around again--never seen so many Galaxians in one place =)

So, any idea how to get around this? I am running XP on a Pentium 4 1.6 ghz machine with 512 ram.

One other thing I noticed is that when I actually start a game, the arcade sounds keep playing even during the game..is that supposed to happen?

I still have a TON of configuring and playing around with this thing before I will have a grasp on it, but I am really excited to get it working...you have done an amazing job on it, I am really impressed!

Regards,
Brian Nalley

Maybe the asteroid model on the web is an older version I will check it...
In the meantime try downloading a other model and let me know what happens

sounds keep playing..yeah that is a feature you can disable...for mame go to cfg/emulators/femame.cfg open it and set runstopsound to true

Peter

)p(

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2002, 12:53:06 pm »
jip it is the asteroids model on the web...it looks that the model on the web contains a camera...and that screws things up!

Just download the others they will be ok!

Peter

)p(

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2002, 01:34:30 pm »
Ok I uploaded a correct version of the asteroids model...

and thanks for finding this :-) The weird thing is that the problem will only show up when the asteroids model gets loaded first...that is why the problem does not show up for everyone!

Peter

twitami

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2002, 01:30:25 am »
Yay!  I got it working...now to figure out how to the lists and all that stuff. When is that new set-up guide gonna be posted..lol.  I also downloaded Visual Pinmame and got that all working on its own, but the games won't launch in the FE..probly just gotta change some directories again..I thought I had them right. The tables all come up in the arcade, so I know I have that file right. Anyway, I will figure it out.

BTW, is there anyway to get mame games and pinball in the same virtual arcade? If its in the instructions and I just didn't get that far yet, please feel free to call me a Gimp =)

As always, keep up the amazing work!

Regards,
Brian

)p(

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2002, 01:42:00 am »