Main > Software Forum

Mame32, WinXP, PNG Screenshot ?

(1/1)

mAdSmuRf:
Hello everyone.... just a quick question in case anyone has run accross this and if it might have a quick fix or if I am just doing something wrong.

I just now got to playing around with Windows XP as I always used to run Windows2000 in all my Mame cabs.  Anyways, with 2 different setups, one with an ATI 3dRage and another with a Geforce 2 GTS when running Mame32 under WinXP Pro, on the side where the Screenshots are supposed to be, all I get is a GREY box.  I noticed when I hold down the first mouse button on the Top menu bar and drag and drop the whole Mame32 program around, for a split second I can see the PNG screenshot.  but then when I let go and drop Mame32 it just turns to grey again.

I was just wondering if maybe it has to do with PNG support in Windows XP or if there is a simple fix or whatever... if anyone has run accross this, please let me know.  Thanks much to anyone...

mS

mAdSmuRf:
Nevermind... I actually found this info below on the Mame32 Webpages Forum in a min... I am a big time slacker ;)  anyways... I thought I would post it here for anyone that may have had the same problem.

--- Quote ---The screenshot area was grayed out in Windows XP because of the inclusion of a preliminary file in Mame32 version .54 called Mame32 manifest.  Remove that file to view the screenshot area artwork again.
--- End quote ---

So if anyone is running Windows XP and has Grey screenshots, just delete the ole'file named mame32.manifest and it's all go from there.

mS

Howard_Casto:

--- Quote ---Nevermind... I actually found this info below on the Mame32 Webpages Forum in a min... I am a big time slacker ;)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version