Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Error Reading Game List file  (Read 6065 times)

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
Error Reading Game List file
« on: July 31, 2011, 11:37:30 pm »
Periodically on one of my friends machines, he gets an error that says "Error reading game list file" on startup and Mala will not start. To resolve the issue I force Mala closed with Cntrl+Alt+Delete and delete the AllGames.* files inside of the Mala directory. After doing this Mala will start and after a refresh of the game list, all is well.

Its an older version of Mame (I think it's .7ish) with a complete set of ROMS.

In researching the error, I came across a post that mentioned something about the brackets being removed causing the error and another post about a John Elway game? I can't remember, but this time around I left all the brackets on it.

Any ideas?

NOP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2017, 08:22:27 pm
  • I stole my avatar.
    • winterMAME
Re: Error Reading Game List file
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 10:45:33 am »
the john elway bug shows up because of a bug in romlister. if your list(s) weren't generated by romlister then this isn't your problem.  I'm unfamiliar with the removed brackets issue.

the fact that it happens periodically is also probably not the john elway bug-that was a catastrophic crash 100% of the time.

loadman

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 03:23:55 am
  • Cocktail Cab owner and MaLa FE developer
    • MaLa
Re: Error Reading Game List file
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 07:04:50 am »
Using the latest Beta version please enable debug logging level and send log next time it happens please