Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Groovy Game Gear has crappy communication and is slow. (Mod edit: Disputed, read  (Read 41690 times)

likwidtek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 02, 2011, 02:45:54 pm
So, I ordered some parts from both Lizard Lick and Groovy Gamers the same time the same day. By the time I received the package from Lizard Lick, Groovy Gamer Gear had not even shipped my order. No communication, no apologies, even after I reach out to them to try and see what's going on.

They ignore your emails and I SERIOUSLY encourage you guys not to give them your hard earned money. You'd think in this economy they'd be hungry. I guess not.

Edit:  The owner replied to this thread.  Mentioned that it was because they were moving this weekend.  Still there have been many others on this forum and KLOV who've had very similar experiences.  My opinion, if you need it in a hurry, get it elsewhere.

My only beef was no communication.  They could have put a message up on their website or an autoreply on their email.  I understand crap happens but no communication is a cardinal sin in business.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:20:59 am by saint »
Wanted: Mortal Kombat 1
Owned: Mortal Kombat 2, Custom MAME Cab

newmanfamilyvlogs

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2022, 05:20:38 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,103584.msg1096585.html#msg1096585
    • Newman Family Vlogs
Re: Groovy Game Gear sucks. Seriously. Details inside.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 10:31:07 pm »
You know, most of tge vendors here are just one or two guy shows.. There was a graphics vendor gettinging grief because of no communication. Turns out he and his daughter were in the hospital following a cart wreck.

I Dont know what's the case here, because I personally had a good experience and communication with ggg, but there's always a chance of the unexpected.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2024, 06:43:53 pm
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 10:36:08 pm »
I've never had any issues with GGG.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 10:37:29 pm »
I've ordered from GGG lots. All successful transactions.

severdhed

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2022, 04:45:32 pm
  • RIP Dinosaur Hippo
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 10:40:29 pm »
GGG is great...i understand your situation, it always seems to take a few days longer to get stuff from GGG than it does from lizardlick or ultimarc....however you always get your stuff, it is always packed very well, and the products are great.  They are a small operation, alot of stuff to do and only a few people to do it.  I know it sucks when you have to wait to get parts, but they will come and you will be happy with them when they do...just be patient.  
Current Projects:      Zak-Man | TMNT Pedestal | SNES Pi | N64 Odroid
Former Projects:     4 Player Showcase | Donkey Kong | iCade

likwidtek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 11:24:44 pm »
One week to process (not ship) an order though?  Honestly if they're that busy, then they can afford to hire more help.

Even still, if they would even reply to my repeated attempts at requesting information, I wouldn't have made this post.

I'm sure I'll get the product however their service is horrible. 

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 11:32:48 pm »
It's Sunday evening. Were you expecting the package to arrive today?

Chill out, have a beer. You'll live longer.

likwidtek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 11:37:56 pm »
It's Sunday evening. Were you expecting the package to arrive today?

Chill out, have a beer. You'll live longer.

Of course not.  However within the week of emailing them, it would have been nice to receive a response.  Please actually read my complaint.  As I said, the lack of communication is the offense here.  I'm under no illusion that this is a world where ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- doesn't happen.  Ran out of something.  Got busy.  Misplaced the order.  However, as a business owner, I know full well that this is a cardinal sin.

I'm sure who ever runs it is a good person. I'm not attacking them personally. Maybe some day they'll respond to my emails. I'll post back if the situation ever gets resolved.

In the meantime, I'm pulling all of my links and recommendations to them.

Well Fed Games

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 11:57:36 pm »
Sorry you didn't get an email response, but keep in mind this is a specialty company dealing with very niche things... I am glad they exist at all. I ordered a week ago and my order status is still "processing"... but my last order came in fine, and I expect this one to as well. And I will say that about 2 weeks ago, I emailed Randy with a (stupid) question, and he responded same day. So your experience may be uncommon.
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

rackoon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2023, 02:29:36 pm
  • I EAT PENCILS!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 01:23:32 am »
I have made about ten transactions with them and all went well.  :applaud:Its been about a year since the last. Maybe he is just having a rough month. :dunno
They treated me like an animal and that's what I became.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:48:25 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 02:31:46 am »
I've ordered many times from GGG (last order was about a month ago), and the processing time varies, but again, we're not dealing with a big chain/multiple employee business here.  It's summer time- Randy's probably on vacation (hopefully it's that and not like what happened to poor John).

He's been nothing but standup with me, and I'd buy from him without hesitation.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

fallacy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 12:27:45 am
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 02:34:58 am »
No one likes to wait for things you order on-line. It holds up your project process. The worst part is that all you do is dwell on it.. playing it over and over in your mind what you are going to do once you get that part.

Wish there was a rule if it arrives are your house a week after the time you purchased it would be half off. Getting tired of having things arrive at my house 3 weeks after I purchased it.

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2024, 01:02:45 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 07:31:41 am »
Are we really complaining about a one week turnaround for specialty items during summer and calling it "serious" ?

Really ?

::)
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

Louis Tully

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2015, 09:41:03 pm
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 07:57:33 am »
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:38:56 am by Louis Tully »

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 08:30:41 am »
What's the big deal about him expressing frustration about lack of communication?  He's not complaining about the order per se but the lack of response from the vendor?  This isn't the first post recently where someone has become frustrated about a lack of communication and gotten jumped on by the masses.  Effective communication is a key component of any business.  Cut the OP some slack...

RandyT has pointed out a few times that while his business serves our needs, the home arcade market is not the only facet of his business.  He takes pride in his work and his products.  That being the case, if something has come up that's going to delay shipments for a period of time or delay him being able to respond to emails, it's not that difficult to update the website or put an auto-reply message on his email account.  There's also the possibility that the emails got caught in a spam folder, but I don't think that is a legitimate excuse any more.  It shouldn't be that difficult to go through a spam folder to catch any real communications. 

I, too, have ordered from GGG and had success with their products.  I think the OP will be happier once the order is received (of course).

syph007

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2014, 04:30:03 pm
  • With a router big enough, we can shape the world!
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 08:45:08 am »
I just got an order from Randy this week.  No slower than normal.  I will say though that he does not communicate too well.  I've sent emails asking questions about his products and never ever once have I had a reply, and I end up asking on the forum instead.  I don't care enough to make an issue of it, since I can get what I want from him, and get questions answered here.  When I've ordered, I've never had any complaints though, prompt service for shipping etc, which is why Ive never hesitated ordering.

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:33:28 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 09:19:21 am »
Let me start by apologizing to the OP for not getting back to him (although I'm not exactly sure who he is without an order number or something to identify him in the "real world".)

Some of you know this already, but we are in the midst of a transition.  GroovyGameGear is moving to a larger facility to better serve it's customers, and to keep us from going insane as the inventory of new parts piles up around us.  The new facility is 4 hours away from our previous one, and yours truly has newly found respect for big rig drivers who make their living on the road, as I have been the one behind the wheel of of an '97 Expedition with no A/C, attached to a 6,000lb trailer for roughly 40 solid hours (so far :)).  When I'm not driving, I've been loading / unloading the weight in that trailer, and processing the orders as quickly as we can, without sacrificing the quality GroovyGameGear has been known to provide.  So far, it's been going pretty well, with the exception of a blown brake line which forced me up on a curb to avoid a collision with the vehicle which stopped short in front of me when it occurred.  Scary stuff.  As you might expect, it takes time to get the systems set up with new mail servers and such even after we manage to get them moved, and into an office where they can be used easily.  Our first priority has been in the processing of orders, so those systems were the first to go online.   We have also been moving ourselves, but the business, and our customers, have been given priority, as it should be.

The good news is that that we are now operating at about 90% and our backlog of orders had a huge chunk taken out in the last few days as this has been our primary focus the moment we became functional again.  As expected, there are a few items in our catalog which were inadvertently left behind and are not yet at our new location, and orders with those items on them are experiencing a short delay.  After today's 13 hour exercise, this should be remedied.  While I'm gone, Lisa will be a busy little soul pushing out more of the backlog, so we are making progress, and will be back to "normal" soon.

I understand that little of this should be of concern to our customers, and we have been trying very hard to insure that it would not be.  Unfortunately, a few snags along the way have made the process take a few days longer than we expected, and while many have been notified of any delays, we have apparently missed a few.  We will be working to remedy this and appreciate your patience.  If you have not yet received a response, please send me another email and I will try to make sure you get an answer.  

Thanks again to all of you who have patiently supported GroovyGameGear through our growing pains, and we look forward to providing you a better experience from our new facility now, and in the years to come.

RandyT
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:00:19 am by RandyT »

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 09:29:53 am »
What's the big deal about him expressing frustration about lack of communication?  He's not complaining about the order per se but the lack of response from the vendor?  This isn't the first post recently where someone has become frustrated about a lack of communication and gotten jumped on by the masses.  Effective communication is a key component of any business.  Cut the OP some slack...

I don't think the big deal is about expressing frustration -- it's about posting with a flamethrower without providing any details about how attempts were made to contact GGG.

Did the OP send Randy a PM here before posting here ?

What is up with the inflammatory wording ?

If the worst part of the OPs life is that he hasn't heard from Randy in a week, then dude is tempting fate and pushing karma by advertising. :afro:

Necro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2022, 08:22:22 pm
  • Building a 'Classic' MAME Cab
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 09:31:24 am »
Uh oh - did GGG get bought by RAM controls?  Is RandyT = Dave = Jim = whatever?  DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!!!!  Is this a scam!?!?!?!

:laugh:

Just kidding.  Give it some time - I understand the frustration as well.  Did you try calling?  (Can you?)   And PM him here...he'll get back to you.

Santoro

• Purveyor of Shiny Arcade Goodness
  • Santoro
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2023, 07:05:04 pm
  • Boycott Quarters!!!
    • ArcadeReplay!
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 09:39:53 am »
Another +1 for GGG.

I know there are rare times when due to various business travel or family obligations it can take up to a week or so for me to action orders.  So far my customers have been nothing but gracious in these circumstances.  Posts like the first one in this thread bum me out.  

Hoopz

• Offline Offline
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 09:42:25 am »

I don't think the big deal is about expressing frustration -- it's about posting with a flamethrower without providing any details about how attempts were made to contact GGG.

Did the OP send Randy a PM here before posting here ?

What is up with the inflammatory wording ?

If the worst part of the OPs life is that he hasn't heard from Randy in a week, then dude is tempting fate and pushing karma by advertising. :afro:

The OP responded and said that he was just trying to hear back from them via email and it had been a week. The "Contact us" link on the GGG website doesn't provide a phone number so the logical assumption is that email is the preferred method of communication.  What more should the OP have said? 

I also don't think a PM on a website should replace an email sent directly to the vendor.  Granted, RandyT is very active here but the protocol that I would follow would be to reach out to the vendor via the vendor's site first. 

RandyT responded and let people know about the situation so that's great.  Without being critical, I'll suggest that a major move like that could have been posted on the website and here so that customers would know that a delay may be expected in communication or order fulfillment, the move was to streamline efficiencies for the business, etc.  Setting the expectation for a little hiccough that may or may not happen may have avoided frustration for anyone.

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 09:49:10 am »

Meh, no email for a whole week, a little bit annoying, but not "let's flame the guy publicly" annoying.  Vendors have lives too and it's vacation season. 

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 09:51:57 am »
Vendors have lives too and it's vacation season.  

I wish I was on vacation....on the bright side, I don't need a gym membership anymore :)

RandyT responded and let people know about the situation so that's great.  Without being critical, I'll suggest that a major move like that could have been posted on the website and here so that customers would know that a delay may be expected in communication or order fulfillment, the move was to streamline efficiencies for the business, etc.  Setting the expectation for a little hiccough that may or may not happen may have avoided frustration for anyone.

We did everything in our power to make the move "transparent" to the business.  We achieved that goal in a major way, by having the operation down only a couple of business days, affecting the tiniest minority of the current orders.  Unfortunately, it only takes one issue to prompt a thread like this one.  It's unfortunate, but it happens.  All we can do is press on and try not to let it happen again, and we will.

RandyT
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 10:00:48 am by RandyT »

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 09:54:53 am »

I wish I was on vacation....on the bright side, I don't need a gym membership anymore :)

Yeah.  :)   Why did you move the new place four hours away?  Light warehousing can't be that hard to find.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 10:02:13 am »
Yeah.  :)   Why did you move the new place four hours away?  Light warehousing can't be that hard to find.

If you see what we bought and what we paid for it, you'd understand ;).  I'll try to posts some photos when we get it set up fully.

Hoopz

• Offline Offline
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 10:03:42 am »

Must be making room for all the Novagems that are in stock now.   ;D

nakeworks

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 26, 2020, 09:49:37 pm
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 10:43:22 am »
I can sympathize with the TS.  No communication sucks.  But its not worth getting the BP up.

I seem to have had better luck getting responses from Randy by posting here than thru emails.  That said, I am grateful Randy is there and am willing to be patient for a few days (weeks?) more because there too few places to find this stuff.  Keep up the good work.

Then again, I'm a laid back kinda guy
Thriller baby

Cakemeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 10:15:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 11:02:05 am »
Come on, you guys....
Old, but not obsolete.

jtslade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2023, 11:34:45 am
  • Keep it looking originallish!
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 11:24:09 am »
From a marketing perspective a post like this is gold!

One there is an upset customer, that is his perception, nothing you can do about that. He has expectations from vendor's like Andy at Ultimarc, which everyone knows that he has from 6-8 androids on his staff that fill orders.

Second, look at the outpouring of prior customers that say they experienced great service from GGG, it means a huge deal.

Third, GGG found this thread and responded to it in a positive and professional manner.

Businesses spend millions and millions just to try and get feedback (hopefully negative!) from customers. A negative letter or email or forum post is gold, it is an opportunity to win back a customer, foster new ones, and show your firm in a positive light.  

Feedback from customers is vital!
Ms. Pacman Original Cocktail with Non destructive mod to Groovy Arcade Linux with All 4way Vertical Cocktail capable 2 button or less games.

Neo Geo MVS Mame Cab Running Hyperspin, 25" Nanao Arcade Monitor, Mini-pac, ATI Radeon HD 4850 (ATOM-15), IL 8 Way Euro-Sticks from Paradise Arcade, Win XP 64bit, and tons of other junk.

DaveMMR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 11:49:01 am
    • TeeVee Games
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 11:38:42 am »
Another +1 for Randy. Ordered from him twice and he even corrected a mistake I made in my first order free-of-charge.

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 11:46:32 am »
GGG is the best, with 100% customer service.

The OP needs to chill out.  ::)
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2011, 11:57:26 am »
I'd be a lot more understanding of the OP's problem if he didn't title the thread "Groovy Game Gear sucks" A bit harsh for a 1 week delay, no? I've ordered from major online retailers and had longer delays.

Necro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 12:31:23 pm »

If you see what we bought and what we paid for it, you'd understand ;).  I'll try to posts some photos when we get it set up fully.

Wait...I was kidding.  If you post pictures of RAM controls stock sitting in your warehouse...well...then I need to get to the casino's quick. :)

hypernova

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2016, 12:52:48 pm
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2011, 12:37:12 pm »
Another +1 for Randy. Ordered from him twice and he even corrected a mistake I made in my first order free-of-charge.

Try your comprehension again, there, pbj!  :)
I'll exercise patience when you stop exercising stupidity.
My zazzle page.  I've created T-shirts!

likwidtek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2011, 12:37:21 pm »
We did everything in our power to make the move "transparent" to the business.  We achieved that goal in a major way, by having the operation down only a couple of business days, affecting the tiniest minority of the current orders.  Unfortunately, it only takes one issue to prompt a thread like this one.  It's unfortunate, but it happens.  All we can do is press on and try not to let it happen again, and we will.

RandyT

That's good enough for me I suppose.  The only thing I can suggest is that it would have been nice if you had posted something on your website about the move.  Like I said, I fully understand that stuff comes up.  It's just ignoring the emails that bothers me.  And to be honest from this post and from people over at KLOV it's very common for GGG to ignore emails and to be very slow on processing.  My only point was, if I can get the exact same parts for the exact same price from your competitor who has a 1 day process time compared to a week, what is my motivation to buy from you?  Maybe that sounds jerkish but it's the truth.

I get that I'm in the minority here as I don't know you personally and we aren't friends but this is just business.  I'm sure if you and I were buddies I'd order from you anyway but I just wanted my parts and wanted them quick.  If your business was unable to provide that quick service, a quick email would have been nice.  That's all.

likwidtek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2011, 12:40:53 pm »
I can sympathize with the TS.  No communication sucks.  But its not worth getting the BP up.

I seem to have had better luck getting responses from Randy by posting here than thru emails.  That said, I am grateful Randy is there and am willing to be patient for a few days (weeks?) more because there too few places to find this stuff.  Keep up the good work.

Then again, I'm a laid back kinda guy

As silly as it sounds, maybe in the contact section of his website he should recommend contacting him HERE and not through the website.  I didn't find him through this website so I had no idea I'd have better luck here rather than through his business. 

Nephasth

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2011, 01:01:37 pm »
I get that I'm in the minority here as I don't know you personally and we aren't friends but this is just business.

It's not so bad being the minority around here. They save the seats in the back of the bus for us and we get our own drinking fountain.

cigardude

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2017, 01:29:48 pm
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2011, 01:03:43 pm »
I know that I am new here and all but I've contacted GGG recently through their web site contact form and it took days for an answer. I ended up coming here for info and I ended up getting a different product from a different vendor. If I got an automated email from the form that I filled out saying that you guys were in the middle of moving or on vacation, ect., I would have waited it out and would not have came here to get info. I know $40 in parts is nothing but just saying, that would have been some extra beer money in your pocket.

Does this mean that I will never order from GGG? Probably not since I will need some more parts down the road.

Mikezilla

• I have a hairy back and everything!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2017, 07:06:56 pm
  • I can't see the picture darn it!!!
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2011, 01:04:31 pm »
Im kind of with Hoopz on this regarding how easy it would have been to put an out of office reply on the email or something to indicate you werent available to be contacted, or put something up on the website. No communication would have irked me as well, but as I have heard before, Randy has always had an amazing track record. I havent bought anything from him yet, but I wouldnt hesitate to do so considering how well respected he is around here.

AS Vigo stated, I also would have titled the subject differently, and not exactly said they suck considering it was only a week. Thats a little harsh. 2 weeks maybe, but damn, 1 is a little quick to say that GGG sucks.  ;D
Pictures are overrated anyway.

Donkbaca

• Our reptillian overlords would be pleased
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2012, 06:28:10 pm
    • Slim built MAME/Xbox cab
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2011, 01:11:04 pm »
yeah, and sometimes its nice getting a cool drink from that fountain instead of the kool-aid everyone else is drinking.

Nephasth

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2011, 01:12:15 pm »
 :cheers:

Too bad the water from our fountain is brown...

Mikezilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2011, 01:17:10 pm »
yeah, and sometimes its nice getting a cool drink from that fountain instead of the kool-aid everyone else is drinking.

I dont get it.

newmanfamilyvlogs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2022, 05:20:38 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,103584.msg1096585.html#msg1096585
    • Newman Family Vlogs
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2011, 01:33:39 pm »

I dont get it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown

Mikezilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2011, 02:28:41 pm »

I dont get it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown

Thank you friend. You know who runs my work filter.  ;)

DaveMMR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 11:49:01 am
    • TeeVee Games
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2011, 02:50:26 pm »

Try your comprehension again, there, pbj!  :)

Thanks, I was about to say...  To be specific, I ordered an LEDWiz and picked the wrong ID number, rendering it kind of useless for my purposes.  He was helpful and understanding (and to be honest, he would have had every right to be annoyed with my carelessness). He let me send it back and shipped it right back to me almost immediately.

studmuff

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2012, 09:40:15 pm
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2011, 03:12:03 pm »
I ordered LedWiz controllers, buttons and RGB drivers with no problems in the past.  Good seller.

bradx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2016, 02:39:53 am
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2011, 04:10:56 pm »
i placed an order with groovy game gear last wednesday, got a confirmation email immediately, order update email thursday that it was being packed, a shipping email friday with confirmation number, and today my package arrived. i realize one good transaction does not mean its that way every time or for everybody, but in my case the order couldnt have gotten here quicker, there couldnt have been better communication, and i am 100% satisfied and will order from them again in the future.
-- I was bradd on KLOV --

bradx

• Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2011, 04:24:26 pm »
From a marketing perspective a post like this is gold!

One there is an upset customer, that is his perception, nothing you can do about that. He has expectations from vendor's like Andy at Ultimarc, which everyone knows that he has from 6-8 androids on his staff that fill orders.

Second, look at the outpouring of prior customers that say they experienced great service from GGG, it means a huge deal.

Third, GGG found this thread and responded to it in a positive and professional manner.

Businesses spend millions and millions just to try and get feedback (hopefully negative!) from customers. A negative letter or email or forum post is gold, it is an opportunity to win back a customer, foster new ones, and show your firm in a positive light.  

Feedback from customers is vital!
not to get too off topic, but i ordered from ultimarc and got a broken software CD, a flaky PS2 cord with my ipac, and a mag stick plus that one of the screws holding a switch was stripped and was broken within a week.  the order was shipped quickly and he did provide me a link to the software, but due to the general shoddiness of product i received i do not plan to order from them again.

Nephasth

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2011, 04:27:41 pm »
not to get too off topic, but i ordered from ultimarc and got a broken software CD, a flaky PS2 cord with my ipac, and a mag stick plus that one of the screws holding a switch was stripped and was broken within a week.  the order was shipped quickly and he did provide me a link to the software, but due to the general shoddiness of product i received i do not plan to order from them again.

You may have to create your own "Ultimarc Sucks" thread. This one is for GGG.

bradx

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2011, 04:30:28 pm »
yeah but it doesnt really suck.  stripped screw holes and shoddy cords are inevitable as are packages being damaged.  i know andy is a good guy from all i have read and thats why i didnt make an issue of it.  however, that purchase pretty much directly caused me to become a GGG customer, so it is sort of related, in my mind anyways.

Nephasth

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2011, 04:33:44 pm »
Jokes...

Bender

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2016, 08:12:21 pm
    • Happ to Tron Conversion tutorial
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2011, 06:01:27 pm »
likwidtek,

how about updating the title of this thread, to be a little more fair?

likwidtek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2011, 06:51:16 pm »
likwidtek,

how about updating the title of this thread, to be a little more fair?

Sure, fixed.

nox771

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 14, 2011, 08:50:12 am
    • rewiredgear
Re: Groovy Game Gear has crappy communication and is slow.
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2011, 02:33:21 am »
Meh, you know what that 4 hour drive is - not just boring road time - no, it's time to multitask:

You'll never fall behind on email again.  And while your at it you can fire up MAME and test out some new buttons and stuff.

elsie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2011, 04:11:35 pm
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2011, 12:45:08 pm »
I have to agree with likwidtek that RandyT and GGG is being extremely unresponsive.  I placed an order last week for 2 items (a trackball and a spinner), and it is just hanging out as "processing" even though my credit card was charged immediately.   This is very frustrating since the last time I placed an order with him it shipped out the next day.  I sent an email through his website and never heard anything back.  It seems that Randy gives high priority to this forum (since he had time to post on this thread) than to his customers whose money he has taken.  If there is going to be a delay because he is moving, it is only right to let everyone know how long the delay will be.  His stuff is good but if there is a significant delay or continued lack of responsiveness, I'll look elsewhere.  If RandyT is looking, I'm order # 13160

Well Fed Games

• Offline Offline
  • Delicious!
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2011, 12:53:00 pm »
I have to agree with likwidtek that RandyT and GGG is being extremely unresponsive.  I placed an order last week for 2 items (a trackball and a spinner), and it is just hanging out as "processing" even though my credit card was charged immediately.   This is very frustrating since the last time I placed an order with him it shipped out the next day.  I sent an email through his website and never heard anything back.  It seems that Randy gives high priority to this forum (since he had time to post on this thread) than to his customers whose money he has taken.  If there is going to be a delay because he is moving, it is only right to let everyone know how long the delay will be.  His stuff is good but if there is a significant delay or continued lack of responsiveness, I'll look elsewhere.  If RandyT is looking, I'm order # 13160

I know this doesn't help at all by I have an order for a spinner from July 23 that is still processing as well. Perhaps the Turbo Twists were part of the stock that got moved over last. Thankfully I don't have my control panel ready anyway.

*Edit: Just to be clear, I am not venting about GGG- love them and will continue to order from them! Just wanted elsie to know that I had a similar order that was delayed, and it might have been because of the particular stuff we had ordered. Very much appreciate the transparency in Randy's post following mine.*
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:43:47 pm by thefearsomefearful »
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2011, 01:12:13 pm »
I think we may need to do what some other vendors have done in the past and shut down the orders at the store for a bit while we catch up.  I hate to do it, as we are still able to serve other customers quickly with the parts we have on-hand, but I don't want to upset more folks who order our specialty items that take us longer to build, such as those in the aforementioned order #13160, and have them continue venting here.

I have been responding to inquiries, and notifying folks of the delays for the past several days, while processing as many orders as I can, and so far all have been very understanding.  I'm not sure what more I can do.  If there is anyone out there who is on a tight schedule, and we have not already shipped your order, I encourage you to contact me to cancel.  I understand that it's not an optimal solution, and not one I offer lightly, but I don't wish to be responsible for putting anyone's project on hold for longer than they are comfortable waiting.

Thanks again to those who have been very patient with us as we work through the transition.  I can assure you all that it's a temporary condition, and we will be back to normal shortly.

RandyT
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:16:56 pm by RandyT »

DashRendar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 06, 2015, 05:46:52 pm
  • "Don't get your servos in a twist pal."
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2011, 01:51:23 pm »
+1 for a great transaction with GGG and Randy.

The sellers in this hobby are not like Radio Shack or Walmart.  It's usually 1 or 2 people running the business.  They usually have to front a lot of money into developing their products (molds, prototypes, etc).  And due to the fact that there isn't a huge market, they usually do so more out of an interest in supporting the hobby than as a way to get rich.

Randy- I think it would be better to put a message on your Order page that states there may be delays of a week or two.  But keep the ordering active.   ;D
WANTED: Somebody to go back in time with me. This is not a joke. P.O. Box 322, Oakview, CA 93022. You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.

garnerb350

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2019, 09:36:49 pm
  • Crowded elevators smell different to midgets...
    • Hyperspin
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2011, 02:18:57 pm »
Randy...keep up the good work...We know how things can get hectic at times...Appreciate the service you and the other vendors provide...
“If first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you..." ~ Jack Handy

upprc04

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2021, 01:25:59 am
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2011, 02:24:20 pm »
On your home page, you have GGG Store News.  I would write something about the move, and there may be a delay in shipping.  I'd also state the delay on the order page.  Hopefully, you won't need to shut down orders or if it does come to that it won't last long.  I have ordered from GGG in the past and was going to make another order soon.  It's best to know in advance if there are going to be delays, and adding a message to the order page or main page sounds like the best solution.

+1 for GGG

Edit: I was just giving some simple solutions that would make the people happy that haven't heard from them at all.  Not all customers of GGG frequent this forum.  I don't expect any specific time lines, but think a simple message saying there may be delays due to a move would be nice.   I will be ordering GGG in the future and was just stating the OP's issue seems like a big deal.  It would be nice to get this thread off the "front" page, because it seems to be a non-issue with a known good company.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 03:55:28 pm by upprc04 »

Mikezilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2011, 03:05:27 pm »
In our hobby, I just dont see the big deal waiting. We are restoring/building old school tech so we can enjoy at home, the man said the reason why stuff is slow getting out is because of the move. I agree that something should be posted on the site indicating the reason for the slow shipping, but cmon. Like its gonna kill you to wait an extra week for a part.  :dunno

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2011, 03:24:27 pm »
I'm with Mike. I mean, I'd be more worried if it was marked as shipped and a week had gone by with nothing. I've had some vendors turn an order around in a day, and then the next time it takes a week to ship. I mean, it comes with the nature of the hoppy/shop. If Amazon did that to me, I'd have different expectations.

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2011, 03:36:35 pm »
I'm actually amused that people actually have a schedule to keep with their hobby.

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2011, 04:13:03 pm »
Since you can't read I'll re-iterate the hobby portion of my last response.

hobby

It would be equally amusing (albeit for different reasons) if one of RandyT's industrial customers came on here squawking about lead times.  :laugh2:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:14:42 pm by SavannahLion »

Gray_Area

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2013, 06:52:30 pm
  • -Banned-
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2011, 04:27:14 pm »
I think we may need to do what some other vendors have done in the past and shut down the orders at the store for a bit while we catch up.

RandyT

I would've suggested giving a heads-up to the community - including taking the store offline for a few days - likely avoiding all of this nonsense.
-Banned-

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2011, 04:30:29 pm »
Randy's claimed multiple times that the majority of his customers are mass ordering his products for industrial purposes.  Believe what you will, but folks like that have schedules.

I would love to see one of these industrial locations that uses GGG parts. Large control panels to operate heavy machinery filled with TurboTwists, blinky buttons from a ledwiz, and joysticks with tron handles.

:laugh2:

Donkbaca

• Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2011, 04:31:41 pm »
I've ordered stuff from Randy, and I love his insights in this forum, but dealing with him is hit or miss.  How many "How do I hook up this thing" posts are there about the LED WIZ are there?  How many things on his website are listed that aren't actually available for sale, and haven't been so for months? (Nova gems and electric ice buttons?)

Anyhow, not to rip on Randy, but I think there is a difference between being busy and having things pop up and keeping people in the dark, especially when they are charged right away for stuff and have no idea where their order stands (as happened to the OP). The OP has a point that its not THAT hard to let people know what's going on either on his website, answering e-mails from customers or just posting a notice on the B/S/T thread here.  Look at Andy, he went on holiday and posted that on the ultimarc website that he wouldn't be taking orders for a while.

That being said, Randy sells great products and he is great on the forums and I know my cab would only be 10% as cool as it is without him and people like him selling what they sell.  I know real world stuff pops up and people I think are willing to cut people some slack if they know what's going on, but people need to know what's going on if you are going to take their money.

Nephasth

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2011, 04:40:32 pm »
Sounds like someone has been sneaking some drinks of kool-aid while the others weren't looking. :laugh2:

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2011, 04:46:24 pm »
I would love to see one of these industrial locations that uses GGG parts. Large control panels to operate heavy machinery filled with TurboTwists, blinky buttons from a ledwiz, and joysticks with tron handles.

You'd be very surprised at our customer list.  National Labratories, NASA, Fortune 500 companies, Metropolitan museums, US Department of Defense, etc.  But I don't think any of them use our TRON handles ;).

GibsonRiddler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2018, 03:26:11 pm
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2011, 05:10:44 pm »

You'd be very surprised at our customer list.  National Labratories, NASA, Fortune 500 companies, Metropolitan museums, US Department of Defense, etc.  But I don't think any of them use our TRON handles ;).

I can actually say I've bought different buttons from Randy for prototype guitars that we were working on at my
job.
I need a house to put stuff in, instead of an apartment with stacks of boxes.

Mikezilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2011, 06:44:18 pm »
Sounds like someone has been sneaking some drinks of kool-aid while the others weren't looking. :laugh2:

I get that now hahaha!!!  :laugh2:

likwidtek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2011, 07:39:27 pm »
I think we may need to do what some other vendors have done in the past and shut down the orders at the store for a bit while we catch up.  I hate to do it, as we are still able to serve other customers quickly with the parts we have on-hand, but I don't want to upset more folks who order our specialty items that take us longer to build, such as those in the aforementioned order #13160, and have them continue venting here.

I have been responding to inquiries, and notifying folks of the delays for the past several days, while processing as many orders as I can, and so far all have been very understanding.  I'm not sure what more I can do.  If there is anyone out there who is on a tight schedule, and we have not already shipped your order, I encourage you to contact me to cancel.  I understand that it's not an optimal solution, and not one I offer lightly, but I don't wish to be responsible for putting anyone's project on hold for longer than they are comfortable waiting.

Thanks again to those who have been very patient with us as we work through the transition.  I can assure you all that it's a temporary condition, and we will be back to normal shortly.

RandyT

I think that's a bit drastic.  Seriously, I think all you need to do next time is throw up a mention on your website when you get backed up.  Something like "Due to X you may experience a processing time of X days".  It's just a heads up that will work wonders.  Additionally, just create an autoreply to your email if you're swamped and haven't had a chance to catch up on emails yet.  Something to the effect of "This is an automated response:  We're currently backed up due to X.  Please note that there may be some delay in getting back with you however please feel free to post over at http://forum.acradecontrols.com if you'd like some immediate help.  Otherwise, we promise we will get back with you in the order in which your email was received." 

Which brings me to my next point.  I still haven't gotten a reply to the emails I've sent your company.  Some people have no idea about this forum.  You can't expect them all to be "in the know".

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2011, 08:26:13 pm »
Which brings me to my next point.  I still haven't gotten a reply to the emails I've sent your company.  Some people have no idea about this forum.  You can't expect them all to be "in the know".

I don't know who you are, or if your emails even made it to me.  I get about 25 a day through the "contact us" form, and it wouldn't be the first time the server at our hosting company fouled up and "ate" a few.  Order number?

nick3092

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2022, 03:57:28 pm
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2011, 08:48:08 pm »
I've had noting but positive experiences with Randy and GGG. Even for support almost a year after I bought my product. Through contact us, direct email, and on the forums.

Which reminds me - Randy, what's the story on the black Classx buttons. A few moths ago you were waiting for a new sample, and I haven't seen them added to the site yet.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2011, 09:32:31 pm »
Which reminds me - Randy, what's the story on the black Classx buttons. A few moths ago you were waiting for a new sample, and I haven't seen them added to the site yet.

Unfortunately, the black buttons became part of the "tooling saga" which is now delaying the NovaGem2 release.  We had some nice yellow NovaGem2 samples come in after the latest mold tweak, but they were made with spray mold release.  It's expensive, and time consuming for the molders to do this, so they removed the tool from the machine to tweak it some more, in hopes that they can get the same quality without the release agent.  Getting them to actually run parts has been an exercise, but I believe they are doing their best, given the complex nature of the design.  They like to test with the light colors because they tend not to pollute the coloring of other parts following, so black is the last thing they want to run right now.

Every time I think about how much effort I have put into the project, I get closer to washing my hands of it all and opening this room for business, which is on GGG's new bottom floor.  8)

Ok, probably not, but it has been an ordeal.   I was assured today that the molders are confident that the flood gates will open after the next revision, for all colors, so I am hopeful.

Lord, Randy, how many unshipped orders are you sitting on???

Sitting on?  None.  Busting my hump to get out?  Enough to not know the order number of the individual in question, without at least a hint.  Contrary to what you might believe, Jim, we do a fair amount of business.  It's what pays for the ads which help to support this site you like to hang out on. ;)

RandyT

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2011, 09:54:28 pm »
I helped you sell like 100 encoders a few years ago.  

Thank you.

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2011, 10:41:09 pm »

I knew all those blinky lights that NASA has was all for show. Since they are the inventors of the frankenpanel, I guess I can cut them some slack. I'm a least glad they finally upgraded from keyboard hacks; apparently ghosting is a bad thing when it comes piloting a spacecraft. :lol

In seriousness, that's pretty awesome. It doesn't really surprise me either. If I was looking for quality precision controls on the cheap, I can't think of any better option.

Gatt

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2020, 08:24:38 pm
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2011, 11:03:47 pm »
Just to put in my two cents here.

I put in my order a little bit ago,  and then a few days later sent an email asking for one of the items to be changed (T-molding Red -> Black).  Even with all the chaos,  they were able to switch my order in the processing stage,  and advance my order to the next stage.

I've not a single complaint,  is there a delay?  Sure.  But I'm going to get the high-quality parts I want,  and they were kind enough to switch my order saving me money,  in the midst of what can only be chaos.  I'll order again and again from GGG.

People need to remember what Ramcontrols was like,  I waited 6 months to get my yoke.  Then there was slickstik,  that disappeared while taking money.  Another company I waited 9 months for something they even had in stock while they ignored my emails.  A week long hiccup in the middle of a transition to a new location is acceptable IMO.

Edit:

Seriously,  in a month I'm going to be playing Warlords on my finished beautiful cabinet with GGG Microleaf buttons,  and a superior spinner,  and I'll guarantee you what I'll be thinking will be "OMG is this incredible!".  A couple extra days to be able to do what I dreamed of in elementary school is insignificant.  GGG's done incredible things for this hobby.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 11:07:42 pm by Gatt »

spoot

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2015, 10:36:18 am
  • Destroyer of electronics
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2011, 11:28:05 pm »
Wish one of them would get their crap together and take my money.
 :P

I'll gladly take your money.   :angel:

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2011, 11:52:23 pm »
It's a shame that groovy game gear doesn't take Paypal.

Jim, if you need something, I will make sure you can pay with PayPal.  I've done it for others here, so I'll certainly do it for my old pal (or nemesis...I'm never quite sure.)  But Paypal is something I have been considering more as of late.

Wish both would list out clearly what will and will not work with a wooden panel!!

If you have a router and/or approach it the right way, pretty much anything will work on a wooden panel.  In fact, I don't think there is a single item on the GGG site which won't.  Some sticks are short, and are better that way for performance reasons, but can still be used in wood with the right size recess in the top or bottom of the panel.  Even those odd little snap-in buttons (which we don't currently carry, but may soon) meant for metal panels, can be press-fit into wood and secured with some adhesive (touch of hot melt, etc.)  What will work in any given situation often depends more on the ingenuity and toolbox of the builder than the specific design of the part.

geomartin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2017, 08:55:24 am
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2011, 02:37:26 am »
Just my 2 cents worth, but I haven't bought anything from Randy in a while.  Why?  Because the encoder and joysticks I bought from him 3 or 4 years back are still working great!  I've got Groovy Game Gear in mind for my current project which at the moment is inching along at a glacial pace.
Please!  Give me the good news first!

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2011, 12:50:44 pm »
As much as I hate to open this thread up again, I feel it's necessary for folks to get the facts.  As I could not find any unanswered communications, and the OP (likwidtek) seemed not willing to provide details to help, I found the order details myself.  Here are the facts regarding this individual's order.

1) likwidtek placed a small order in the afternoon on Monday 25 July.
2) The selected shipping method was the least expensive and slowest available AKA "Parcel Post (4 - 7 days)"
3) We processed payment and placed the order in the order queue the following day.
4) We upgraded this individual's order to Priority Mail at no extra charge and shipped on Friday the 29th, at which time he was sent a ship notice and tracking number.
5) The order was delivered on August 1st.

We have received no other communications from this individual whatsoever, which explains why I could not find it.

Make your own conclusions, folks.

RandyT
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:02:55 pm by RandyT »

Nephasth

« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2011, 01:02:01 pm »
The plot thickens...

likwidtek, did you get your ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:04:08 pm by Nephasth »

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2011, 01:11:06 pm »
Any person who selects a shipping method that takes a week forfeits complaint rights when they don't get their goods in under a week.

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2024, 12:00:13 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2011, 01:14:35 pm »
No ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---.

Also, Lid, your thread title is still unfair. The owner/operator of the business comes in here and explains to you that they were in the middle of a move, but all anyone browsing forum threads are going to see is "GGG is slow and sucks at communication".  Nice.
NO MORE!!

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2011, 01:17:55 pm »
Meh, go curse out some more old women and give awful names to innocent babies.

:tool:

Oh, I didn't know I was supposed to name my kids 'Jim'. Why didn't you tell me sooner?   >:D

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2011, 01:21:12 pm »

You're only supposed to name the guilty babies Jim. 

Nephasth

« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2011, 01:47:04 pm »
You're only supposed to name the guilty babies Jim. 

likwidtek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2011, 02:31:45 pm »
As much as I hate to open this thread up again, I feel it's necessary for folks to get the facts.  As I could not find any unanswered communications, and the OP (likwidtek) seemed not willing to provide details to help, I found the order details myself.  Here are the facts regarding this individual's order.

1) likwidtek placed a small order in the afternoon on Monday 25 July.
2) The selected shipping method was the least expensive and slowest available AKA "Parcel Post (4 - 7 days)"
3) We processed payment and placed the order in the order queue the following day.
4) We upgraded this individual's order to Priority Mail at no extra charge and shipped on Friday the 29th, at which time he was sent a ship notice and tracking number.
5) The order was delivered on August 1st.

We have received no other communications from this individual whatsoever, which explains why I could not find it.

Make your own conclusions, folks.

RandyT

Like I said.  I placed the orders from both you and Lizard Lick on the morning of the 25th.  I received no word from you that it had shipped until a week later when you finally were able to ship it.  My qualm is not about the shipping time.  It's about the PROCESSING time and lack of communication.  It was finally shipped a week later.  By that time not only did Lizard Lick process and ship my order but I had already received their order.  In that time I sent "c(n)us(o)tom(s)er(p)se(a)rvi(m)ce@groo(spam)vygame(spam)gear.com" 2 emails.  Neither of which to this day have been answered.  

Again, my problem is that #1, it should not take 1 week to process an order.  That's silly.  If something comes up where it takes a week to process an order let me know.  Put a notification up on your website.  And actually REPLY to your emails.

Don't pretend like this is something new.  This forum and KLOV all have people saying the exact same thing I am saying.  

I FULLY get that:

you have items that other companies may not
you have friends on the forums
you have done a lot to help the hobby

HOWEVER.  It's still a business and I'm just letting you know that I had a poor experience.  I emailed you twice to try and get an explanation and you ignored them.  So I came here.

Like I said in my ignored email "I'm not trying to just be a jerk but I got zero communication from you guys and still you are ignoring my email.  I was not looking for anything other than an explanation and an apology but nothing."

*Edit:  jarbled the email address.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 02:35:11 pm by likwidtek »

jroyal

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 01, 2014, 10:28:48 am
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2011, 02:35:48 pm »
I thought I should chime in.  A couple of weeks ago, I posted regarding some issues that I was having with getting a trackball working with a mouse hack.  Randy with GGG hoped right in and started offering advice.  I ended up replacing my mouse hack with the Optiwiz that Randy @ GGG produces.  I couldn't be happier.  In fact, Randy even offered additional assistance (at no charge) to solder ends to some wiring that I had cut off.

This was my first (and only) order that I placed with GGG and I couldn't be happier!!!!

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2011, 02:38:23 pm »
Again, my problem is that #1, it should not take 1 week to process an order.  That's silly.

Ordered late in the day on the 25th... shipped on the 29th... bdbd nice math, Buck.

likwidtek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2011, 02:39:21 pm »
Monday morning actually.

Sjaak

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:50:12 am
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2011, 02:41:27 pm »
@likwidtek

Ordered on the 25th and it was sent on the 29th, that just 4 days. So processing took 4 days and you received the order in 1 week (25th -> 1st)

So did you receive the order on the 1st of august? And did you specify "Parcel post (4 - 7 days)?

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2011, 02:44:40 pm »
Again, my problem is that #1, it should not take 1 week to process an order.  That's silly.  If something comes up where it takes a week to process an order let me know.

Why does this matter? If you selected 1 week shipping and Randy couldn't get to it for 4 days (not 1 week), so compensated by expediting it with priority shipping, there is no noticeable difference in shipping time to you. Major retailers take up to 48 hours to process orders, so a 1 man show processing an order in 96 hours is not a shocker. The only difference is that it cost him more out of pocket to ship it to you.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2011, 02:56:17 pm »
Monday morning actually.

Again, facts;

1) Order notification received from our system at 7/25/2011 2:31 PM  - We are in NY and you are in Arizona.  There's a time difference.
2) You were sent an order confirmation by the system
3) Your order was upgraded to faster shipping, for free, than you selected.  Had we not, and shipped your order the same day you placed it, you'd had not received it sooner.
4) You were sent another update by the system on 07/28/2011 11:50:45
5) You were sent a shipping confirmation on 7/29 at 12:01pm, which included your tracking number...2 days prior to you starting this thread.
6) Your order arrived a week to the day from the moment you placed your order.
7) We have no record of any emails from you whatsoever.  Checked three times.  We can't answer what we don't receive.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2011, 02:59:07 pm »
Why does this matter? If you selected 1 week shipping and Randy couldn't get to it for 4 days (not 1 week), so compensated by expediting it with priority shipping, there is no noticeable difference in shipping time to you.

this^
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

likwidtek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2011, 03:01:09 pm »
Again, my problem is that #1, it should not take 1 week to process an order.  That's silly.  If something comes up where it takes a week to process an order let me know.

Why does this matter? If you selected 1 week shipping and Randy couldn't get to it for 4 days (not 1 week), so compensated by expediting it with priority shipping, there is no noticeable difference in shipping time to you. Major retailers take up to 48 hours to process orders, so a 1 man show processing an order in 96 hours is not a shocker. The only difference is that it cost him more out of pocket to ship it to you.

Communication.  That's what matters.  I'm not alone either:

I had a problem with using one of his products and he stopped replying to my emails and so I posted a help question over there about it and he answered in minutes, so it probably wouldn't hurt to try...

I'll jump in and say I ordered their leaf-switch joystick foolishly thinking it would be built to the same mounting measurements as most standard arcade joysticks.
It is not. It is smaller. They did respond to an email, but offered no real help or the notion of an exchange or refund. I implored for them to be clearer on their website, post measurements at least, but that has been ignored. It would hurt sales! They got my $18. Never again.

I certainly wouldn't have a problem buying from him, but if you are a stickler for detail like I am, then it may be difficult getting all desired info from GGG before purchase. (But that goes for just about anyone you may buy game parts from).

i understand your situation, it always seems to take a few days longer to get stuff from GGG than it does from lizardlick or ultimarc....

I ordered a week ago and my order status is still "processing"...

I just got an order from Randy this week.  No slower than normal.  I will say though that he does not communicate too well.  I've sent emails asking questions about his products and never ever once have I had a reply, and I end up asking on the forum instead.

I know that I am new here and all but I've contacted GGG recently through their web site contact form and it took days for an answer. I ended up coming here for info and I ended up getting a different product from a different vendor. If I got an automated email from the form that I filled out saying that you guys were in the middle of moving or on vacation, ect., I would have waited it out and would not have came here to get info. I know $40 in parts is nothing but just saying, that would have been some extra beer money in your pocket.

I have to agree with likwidtek that RandyT and GGG is being extremely unresponsive.  I placed an order last week for 2 items (a trackball and a spinner), and it is just hanging out as "processing" even though my credit card was charged immediately.   This is very frustrating since the last time I placed an order with him it shipped out the next day.  I sent an email through his website and never heard anything back.

I've ordered stuff from Randy, and I love his insights in this forum, but dealing with him is hit or miss.  

Yes there are tons of people that are happy with the service but most of the comments are "What do you expect?  Good service?  Sheesh it's just a hobby"  or "He's working out of his house, cut him a break".  That's not how you run a business.  That's all.

likwidtek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2011, 03:04:15 pm »
7) We have no record of any emails from you whatsoever.  Checked three times.  We can't answer what we don't receive.

I call BS.  If you have a crappy mail server, I suggest you migrate to something with a 99.99% uptime SLA.  You're a small business, pay google $50 a year and get their business email service.  Their spam filter is bullet proof and you will NEVER miss an email.

If this were just a one time issue, I'd buy it.  But LOOK at all of the above quoted people with the exact same story.  The dog ate my homework excuse ain't cuttin it.

Nephasth

« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2011, 03:04:22 pm »
As much as I'm not a fan of GGG, you're pretty much out of line on this one likwidtek. You didn't even mention you received your order 3 days ago! Do you want vendors following the mail truck giving you updates at every stoplight? Yea, it didn't ship for 4 days, and there was almost no communication, but you got it in only a weeks time. Get real.

Mikezilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2011, 03:05:49 pm »
Meh, dont even bother arguing with him Randy. Obviously its pointless. He is a zonie, he isnt going to listen.  ::)
As much as I'm not a fan of GGG, you're pretty much out of line on this one likwidtek. You didn't even mention you received your order 3 days ago! Do you want vendors following the mail truck giving you updates at every stoplight? Yea, it didn't ship for 4 days, and there was almost no communication, but you got it in only a weeks time. Get real.

This. For damn sure.

Donkbaca

• Offline Offline
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2011, 03:09:38 pm »
I think you have a decent point on the communication issue, a lot of people don't have as big of an issue because Randy is pretty regular here and is very accesible.  While I do think 4 days of processing is a tad long, its not a super long time, and you still got your order on time.  I wouldn't chalk that up to being slow, I would chalk it up to bad communication.

I would basically say GGG has crappy communication, PM Randy on the forums if you need answers.

likwidtek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2011, 03:19:19 pm »
I think you have a decent point on the communication issue, a lot of people don't have as big of an issue because Randy is pretty regular here and is very accesible.  While I do think 4 days of processing is a tad long, its not a super long time, and you still got your order on time.  I wouldn't chalk that up to being slow, I would chalk it up to bad communication.

I would basically say GGG has crappy communication, PM Randy on the forums if you need answers.

This is valid.  However how is someone supposed to know that the guy that runs GGG is even on these forums.  That's totally unprofessional.  Sure for those in the "know" that works.  But it's going to drive away newbie customers like myself. 

Also, it wasn't 4 days to process.  I ordered Monday morning and I didn't get a notification or tracking number until Friday evening.  That's 5 days.  No to mention it didn't hit a truck (at least according to the notifications until the weekend). 

Regardless.  They should have answered my emails when I asked why it took them all week to process the order.

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2011, 03:24:17 pm »
I ordered Monday morning and I didn't get a notification or tracking number until Friday evening.

Well, take a look at what you get from most your mid-sized retailer online. You get one auto email that is automatically generated after you place your order. Does anyone actually hold faith in these emails?

"Your order has been received and processed. Your order should ship within the next few days."

Does really this mean anything?? Because that is what this whole rant is about, not getting a worthless auto email. :dunno

Also, it wasn't 4 days to process.  I ordered Monday morning and I didn't get a notification or tracking number until Friday evening.  That's 5 days.  No to mention it didn't hit a truck (at least according to the notifications until the weekend). 

4 Days in the business world. Morning and afternoon mean nothing because businesses have only one shipping pickup during the day.

likwidtek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2011, 03:27:40 pm »
Well, take a look at what you get from most your mid-sized retailer online. You get one auto email that is automatically generated after you place your order. Does anyone actually hold faith in these emails?
"Your order has been received and processed. Your order should ship within the next few days."
Does really this mean anything?? Because that is what this whole rant is about, not getting a worthless auto email. :dunno

No that's not what I'm saying.  What I'm saying is that I sent manual emails to the customer service email address twice once I finally got a tracking number.  I asked them why it took so long and why they didn't let me know there would be a delay.  I waited a day or 2 and still got no reply and sent ANOTHER email letting them know that it sucks the service was slow to get the box out the door.  That's fine but a notification would have been nice.  The slap in the face was ignoring my complaint emails.  THAT'S what really pissed me off and THAT'S why I posted on here.

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2011, 03:33:38 pm »
So you really didn't have a question about where your order was, you just emailed to complain and were upset that you didn't get an apology email back.  ;D

Edit: Ok, I know I'm getting a little snarky here. Can't resist.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:40:21 pm by Vigo »

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2011, 03:33:55 pm »

Regardless.  They should have answered my emails when I asked why it took them all week to process the order.

Perhaps the reason you didn't get the other two emails we sent is related to the reason I did not get yours.

Maybe this will put things in perspective;  You purchased two joysticks, at the lowest price anywhere, and a small bag of disconnects.  That's a net of about $4 for GGG, before operating expenses, labor, lights, supplies, you get the picture.  Still, your order got every bit of attention that we give the big ones.  Even a free shipping upgrade.  Still, no understanding that the internet is not perfect and servers fail, emails get lost, etc.

Thanks for making it all worthwhile.

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2011, 03:40:40 pm »
Edit:  The owner replied to this thread.  Mentioned that it was because they were moving this weekend.  Still there have been many others on this forum and KLOV who've had very similar experiences.  My opinion, if you need it in a hurry, get it elsewhere.

WTF is with the BS likwidtek?

Here is the KLOV thread:

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=194600

Please indicate the "many others" that have had very similar experiences?  I see 2 who mention similar experiences... out of 21 responses... and 7 glowing responses...

That is some bush league ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow--- right there bro...

I'm glad you got it worked out with Randy... but to try to misrepresent what was said over at KLOV about his business is just wrong.

EDIT: BTW - I invite you to post a BYOAC link showing these "many" BYOAC members having similar experiences with Randy and GGG...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:45:34 pm by FrizzleFried »
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2011, 03:41:30 pm »
One week to process (not ship) an order though?  Honestly if they're that busy, then they can afford to hire more help.

Even still, if they would even reply to my repeated attempts at requesting information, I wouldn't have made this post.

I'm sure I'll get the product however their service is horrible. 

You're in the wrong hobby if a week is too long for you...

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2011, 03:42:00 pm »
I think what is truly disingenuous here is that likwidtek had received the package while this thread was in progress and never posted in this thread saying that he had.

Asking for an apology regarding an order that arrived BEFORE it was promised makes likwidtek an ass.

Another example of why private sellers in this hobby maintain "will not sell to" lists.  

:whap

EDIT: And you got caught lying by Frizz ... and we all know what happens to those people.  

::)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:51:13 pm by CheffoJeffo »

likwidtek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2011, 03:42:49 pm »

Perhaps the reason you didn't get the other two emails we sent is related to the reason I did not get yours.

Maybe this will put things in perspective;  You purchased two joysticks, at the lowest price anywhere, and a small bag of disconnects.  That's a net of about $4 for GGG, before operating expenses, labor, lights, supplies, you get the picture.  Still, your order got every bit of attention that we give the big ones.  Even a free shipping upgrade.  Still, no understanding that the internet is not perfect and servers fail, emails get lost, etc.

Thanks for making it all worthwhile.

LOL I love how you're guilt tripping ME about bringing it to your attention that it sucks you ignored my emails, other people agree that you guys have communication problems.  I appreciate you upgrading my shipping.  Why did I not mention it?  Because I sure as hell didn't get a message from you saying "Hey man, sorry about X, I went ahead and upgraded your shipping."  Are you kidding me?  I would have been posting here about what a RAD thing you did.  I had NO idea that you upgraded the shipping until you posted about it here.

I can't fathom why you as a business owner don't see the validity in "Hey man, all I wanted was a heads up and not to be ignored".  

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
likwidtek has crappy communication and is slow.
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2011, 03:43:37 pm »
I think likwidtek has crappy communication and is slow.

likwidtek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2011, 03:45:14 pm »

WTF is with the BS likwidtek?

Here is the KLOV thread:

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=194600

Please indicate teh "many others" that have had very similar experiences?  I see 2 who mention similar experiences... out of 21 responses... and 7 glowing response...

That is some bush league ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow--- right there bro...

I'm glad you got it worked out with Randy... but to try to misrepresent what was said over at KLOV about his business is just wrong.

EDIT: BTW - I invite you to post a BYOAC link showing these "many" BYOAC members having similar experiences with Randy and GGG...

Misrepresent what?  http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=113437.msg1205902#msg1205902  <-- I copied some of the quotes form both threads HERE.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2011, 03:48:14 pm »
Dude...we're talking about a few DAYS... and a respected seller... not some "RAM CONTROLS" fool...

Yet another added to "the list"... jesus.. it's getting long... this hobby is getting chalk full of ripe----uvulas---.

EDIT: Thanks for the BOYAC link... how about the "many" complaining about him at KLOV?  A bit  of a stretch perhaps?  BTW... Someone saying "yeah,  it takes a couple days longer for GGG than LL" isn't a complaint... it's an observation.

Sheesh.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:49:48 pm by FrizzleFried »

BadMouth

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 09:47:02 pm
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2011, 03:54:30 pm »
What I'm saying is that I sent manual emails to the customer service email address twice once I finally got a tracking number.

Which was Friday.....
....and you started this thread on Sunday.

Not even one business day had passed.  ::)

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2011, 03:56:52 pm »
What I'm saying is that I sent manual emails to the customer service email address twice once I finally got a tracking number.

Which was Friday.....

Not to mention he got the tracking number in the afternoon, so at most 2-3 business hours passed.

likwidtek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2011, 03:58:22 pm »
Dude...we're talking about a few DAYS... and a respected seller... not some "RAM CONTROLS" fool...

Yet another added to "the list"... jesus.. it's getting long... this hobby is getting chalk full of ripe----uvulas---.

EDIT: Thanks for the BOYAC link... how about the "many" complaining about him at KLOV?  A bit  of a stretch perhaps?  BTW... Someone saying "yeah,  it takes a couple days longer for GGG than LL" isn't a complaint... it's an observation.

Sheesh.

You guys are all stuck on the shipping.  What can't you guys understand about being pissed that there was no notification that there would be delays processing the order and when I emailed them asking why it took so long I was ignored.  

Still there have been many others on this forum and KLOV who've had very similar experiences.

What about that statement is wrong?  I copy and pasted several negative remarks pulled from both the klov post and this one.  I didn't make anything up or exaggerate.  Hell if I were Randy and there were only 2 other people with a similar "I email them and they don't reply" remark, I'd work hard as hell to fix that.  The fact that just skimming really quick I was able to pull 9 examples.  That says something.  Sure MOST people either don't care or have great experiences.  But 9 examples out of such a small sample size is saying something.

likwidtek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2011, 04:00:41 pm »
I've said my piece.  I'm done.  You guys can continue with your circle jerk.

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2011, 04:01:31 pm »
Actually, we're all stuck on the fact that you are a whiny little dickwad who totally misrepresented the situation.

Nobody wants to deal with a whiny liar like you.

:dunno

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2011, 04:05:37 pm »
Oh stop... if you truly were interested in Randy improving his business you'd have PMed these "suggestions" rather than disparage him and his business publicly.

The "right" thing to have done was post a "concerns" question here and KLOV asking about GGG... once a majority of folks chimed in with "they're OK" ...even if it was "they're slow but they're good"... that should be good enough to chill out a bit longer and wait for the official Randy response.

NOW if you posted and people replied with "scammers!" or something similar... then go off... but Jesus... not ONE PERSON has claimed that Randy ripped them off... right?   Slow does not = Scammer... and again... if you were truly interested in "HELPING" Randy... a PM goes MUCH further than piling on the guy publicly.

Like I said... Bush League...

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2011, 04:07:05 pm »
Actually, we're all stuck on the fact that you are a ****** little ******* who totally misrepresented the situation.

Nobody wants to deal with a ****** **** like you.

Don't hold back now Jeffo...

(I'll edit the quote to save saint the time)

drawfull

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2012, 09:30:14 am
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2011, 04:08:26 pm »
Can't believe the crap GGG are getting from OP.

You get BMWs in every line of business. ---daisies---, Moaners and Whingers. No matter what you do, some people are never happy.

OP is way off.

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2011, 04:10:48 pm »
C'mon Frizz, we've seen more and more --missioncontrols-- like this creep into the hobby -- they need to be held accountable for what they post and when they misrepresent things. People like this are the reason that I only sell to be people that I know or are a friend-of-a-friend.

This idiot complained about Randy's poor communication OVER A WEEKEND and had completely neglected to mention that he already had a shipping verification and tracking number, despite claiming that all of the details were in his post.

It is pretty clear who has the problem with communication.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:14:17 pm by CheffoJeffo »

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #122 on: August 04, 2011, 04:14:04 pm »

I wonder if this guy has any issues with his pool service.

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2011, 04:14:44 pm »

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2011, 04:16:31 pm »
I agree with likwidtek (whats wide tech anyways?). One time, I was thinking about emailing Randy a question, but I didn't, and guess who didn't email me back?.... Randy.

If Randy can't anticipate my questions and answer them before I ask them, that's poor, poor service.

GibsonRiddler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2018, 03:26:11 pm
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2011, 04:18:09 pm »
People like this are the reason I got out of retail and service industry. They want it now or they want you to grovel at their feet.

Seems like he didn't take into account time zones or the fact that the postal service does not work on Sunday.
I need a house to put stuff in, instead of an apartment with stacks of boxes.

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2011, 04:35:30 pm »
What is going to be interesting is that likwid posted against GGG on reddit in the /r/cade section and I responded.

likwid is the mod there.

Wonder what will happen to my response ?

http://www.reddit.com/r/cade/comments/j78i1/trying_to_build_arcade_need_help_with_controls/

http://www.reddit.com/r/cade/comments/j5ai4/groovy_game_gear_sucks_seriously_details_inside/
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:43:57 pm by CheffoJeffo »

Nephasth

« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2011, 04:44:31 pm »
Quote from: likwidtek -- from reddit
Also, the forum linked in the sidebar to the right "Build Your Own Arcade Controls" is the best resource in the world for learning how to do this stuff.

It's such a great resource that he failed to notice Randy's ~4500 posts and realize he runs GGG.

Do your homework kids... ::)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:46:58 pm by Nephasth »

Mikezilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2011, 04:59:42 pm »
Actually, we're all stuck on the fact that you are a whiny little dickwad who totally misrepresented the situation.

Nobody wants to deal with a whiny liar like you.

Hell yeah, beat me to it!  ;D

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2011, 05:27:43 pm »
@Likweed: I just don't know why you would throw away your reputation out on the major arcade communities in order to smear GGG. Is it really worth it? Do you really expect that you will get the same level of help here or KLOV after being only remembered as the GGG smearing ---tallywhacker---?

A few months ago we had a guy (not gonna name names) who was got uppity about the lack of response to his posts here. After getting zero sympathy, he swallowed his pride and admitted he was out of line. He has actually been a really good guy to have on these forums ever since. We are actually a forgiving bunch, well, except Friz.  ;D

Time to shove that ego aside on this one.

Justin Z

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:53:05 am
« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2011, 05:28:45 pm »

Chad, serenading me:

;D

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 03:35:12 pm
    • My Arcade (updated 1/30/13)
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2011, 05:31:45 pm »
I see the thread title still says "slow". I get that you're unhappy about the lack of communication and it's certainly a valid complaint, but it's hard for people to give that complaint the time of day when you act like such a :tool:, particularly by still not updating the thread title to something a little more accurate and a little less smearing and incorrect.
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Add Ambience to your mame cab setup

Mikezilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2011, 05:54:48 pm »
@Likweed: I just don't know why you would throw away your reputation out on the major arcade communities in order to smear GGG. Is it really worth it? Do you really expect that you will get the same level of help here or KLOV after being only remembered as the GGG smearing ---tallywhacker---?

A few months ago we had a guy (not gonna name names) who was got uppity about the lack of response to his posts here. After getting zero sympathy, he swallowed his pride and admitted he was out of line. He has actually been a really good guy to have on these forums ever since. We are actually a forgiving bunch, well, except Friz.  ;D

Did I miss that one?! Who was it?  :-[

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2011, 06:10:21 pm »
Quote from: likwidtek -- from reddit
Also, the forum linked in the sidebar to the right "Build Your Own Arcade Controls" is the best resource in the world for learning how to do this stuff.

It's such a great resource that he failed to notice Randy's ~4500 posts and realize he runs GGG.

Do your homework kids... ::)

Only 4500? What a baby.....

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2011, 06:11:14 pm »

Did I miss that one?! Who was it?  :-[

It was a bit of a hard one to follow, because it took place both over here and on the hyperspin forums.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=112232.msg1191066#msg1191066

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?s=b158c173168b05dcce31a9f93de4c00f&t=13273

lastrega had started off on the wrong foot, ranting about the lack of help, but after just admitting he was simply just impatient, every post I have read to and from him been very good natured.  :cheers:

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2011, 06:12:21 pm »
@Likweed: well, except Friz.  ;D

...hey now!

:D

I forgive those who deserve forgiving... to do otherwise would make me a sheep & a fool,  no?

;)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:14:55 pm by FrizzleFried »

DashRendar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2011, 06:15:15 pm »
GDI likwidtek, you're making me agree with Frizz.

Nobody should do that.

WANTED: Somebody to go back in time with me. This is not a joke. P.O. Box 322, Oakview, CA 93022. You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.

Hoopz

• Offline Offline
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2011, 06:16:28 pm »
Wow, I leave work early and don't pay attention here most of the day and this thread turns into dork recess.

In before it goes to PH!

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2011, 06:25:41 pm »
@Likweed: well, except Friz.  ;D

...hey now!

:D

I forgive those who deserve forgiving... to do otherwise would make me a sheep & a fool,  no?

;)

I suppose that you do forgive, but you definitely don't forget.   ;D

Mikezilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2011, 06:51:09 pm »
Ahhh thanks for posting that Vigo, I remember all that now. Good call.

Ond

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 11:41:19 pm
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2011, 07:13:35 pm »
I'm sitting at the railway station reading this thread,  my train is busted (they can't get the doors open!)  who is in charge here I want to complain!!!!! This isn't service!

On top of that I left my cell phone at home and can't call anyone.   :hissy:   Lol Who gives a ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---, it's Friday here and soon it will be the weekend and I'll be back working on my cab.  I know we live in a world where instant gratification is the norm especially with younger folks but this really is a hobby where patience and some basic manners will get you the best results. 

I've ordered from GGG a few times,  one time I messed up and accidentally ordered the wrong parts, my email to Randy mid order got my order changed no probs.

Personally,  to have a supplier who actively involves himself regularly in discussions on these boards i.e. is a contributing part of the community is more important to me than a few days difference on a delivery or quick response on an email.

jimfath

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2021, 02:58:31 am
  • IT consultant
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2011, 07:55:08 pm »
I found this thread looking for information on why Electric Ice 2 buttons have not been available. I'm relatively new to this board and I thought this thread was going to be a major indictment of GGG when I read the subject line. It turned out to just be a few sour notes and a chorus of praise.

Like many have noted, the op seemed overly harsh and possess unrealistic expectations and end results. Objectivity will serve better than hyperbole but reviews on line tend to be overly positive and overly negative.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm just saying it came off as slightly overzealous. I haven't bought anything from Randy but he has replied to me on a few questions before. Sometimes days later. Dems da brakes.

You'd be very surprised at our customer list.... US Department of Defense, etc.  

Oh my god... Does this mean Missile Command is REAL
@jimfath

Necro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2011, 08:07:27 pm »
-- Edited to not be so angry in my post - TL;DR: OP should apologize and chill out.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:36:59 pm by Necro »

bradx

• Offline Offline
« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2011, 08:08:34 pm »
if anything likwidtech owes randy an apology.  also if i got an email complaining in a similar situation after giving a tracking number and free upgrade to priority shipping i would probably ignore it too and concentrate on doing business, figure they will be happy when the order gets there promptly.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2011, 08:12:16 pm »
I just hope Randy doesn't blacklist Arizona. There's parts I need!  ;D

animatorJustin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 14, 2023, 11:09:32 pm
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2011, 11:37:16 pm »
 +1 GGG very quick turnaround.

TheChairmanH2K

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 08, 2013, 12:53:17 pm
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2011, 11:57:28 pm »
ordered a stick, close to 60 buttons and some misc stuff from GGG for my first cabinet earlier this year.  a week to the day i had my parts in hand.  got the order confirmation email within an hour of making it, got the shipping email a day or two later and the parts exactly 7 days after i ordered them.  i had a question about quick disconnects on the site and wasnt sure which to get as wiring is new to me.  posted a thread here and Randy replied on here within a couple hours to steer me in the right direction as to the stock on his site.  ordered them ten minutes after i read his response and got the stuff within a week.  its only two orders, i know, but the fast shipping/processing and the overall service tells me that GGG actually cares about its customers and does their best to make us happy.  cant please everyone all the time and thats just life but Randy/GGG does a damn fine job of trying.

just my .02 :soapbox:

Well Fed Games

• Offline Offline
  • Delicious!
« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2011, 12:53:52 am »
1. Start Reddit forum that covers same ground as BYOAC
2. Piss off BYOAC forum users
3. ??
4. Profit!

:whap

this is a good place hang online and a wonderful resource. Make a new username, get the lay of the land before freaking out about things, and you will enjoy it here.

tsaylor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2019, 05:16:20 pm
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2011, 02:15:40 am »
Wow.  Just wow.  I don't think I'd complain about any order that took a week, from any company.  And to sound bitter about it?  Again I say wow.

The one point OP keeps coming back to is the ignored emails.  Well, Randy said he never received them and I would take him at his word.  I'm sure there are several possible explanations, and you'll probably never know what happened to those messages, but if they weren't received then you can't fault him for not responding.

Also, count me as another happy GGG customer.  Great products, great communication, and quite reasonable delivery times was my experience.  I even sent some stupid questions via email, and Randy promptly replied with helpful info.  I'd recommend GGG to anyone.

brad808

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2023, 08:18:15 pm
« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2011, 06:43:10 am »
Count me in on people that were satisfied with GGG. Ordered for the first time a few weeks ago, got my stuff all was there, good price on it. I have no complaints and I will order from them in the future.

mimic

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2024, 02:58:45 pm
Is it too late to pile on likwidtek? Did I miss the pile-on train?
Anyway, let me just add that this is such a really small hiccup in GGG's performance, it seems like they (ok, he) always delivers (a biased happy customer here) and if few days of delays and lack of responses is such an issue for your, why not bite your lip, give few more days and then just never do business again with GGG, instead of trying to crap on someones otherwise very respectable and well performing business. Who most importantly isn't just a reseller, but also provides original produtcs.
It's not like you gonna lose all your hard earned money, I'm pretty sure you purchased all using CC or PayPal, so you should be safe? Ok, so you won't play Donkey Kong for few more days, look there are kids somewhere out there that die of starvation. In perspective, I think your situation is pretty good by their standards.
waaaaah where is my joystick! waaaaah!

brack

• TIGHTEN YOUR BITS!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2012, 09:05:31 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I don't mean to drudge up old bad history, but I recall a stretch a few years back when Lizard Lick was getting hammered for being significantly behind on all orders. Filling them months after the fact. I tried to find a thread to confirm but I'm tired and apparently can't find anything. There was speculation that they were waiting on funds from orders to be able to pay their suppliers in order to get the parts.

I just find it interesting that the OP cites one vendor as standing out over another when the one he compares them to has had instances of being much worse.

Hopefully someone can find some threads on the topic to back it up. Again, I apologize if I am incorrect as my memory isn't all that great. Please don't take this as an indictment against LL as I have no personal experience with them. More just an example of sometimes companies of these sizes have brief interuptions. If I am correct, I dare you to compare LL, GGG, Ram Controls, Happ, and Ultimarc (some of the more notable vendors in this hobby)at their worse and tell me where you'd rank GGG.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
Thread synopsis:

Parts were ordered to be delivered in a week, and were delivered in a week. lildikweed wasnt happy the items arrived when they were supposed to.

That sound right?

Nephasth

That pretty much sums her up!

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
An apology to Randy and GGG here and on KLOV would go a LONG way to repair Likwid's tarnished reputation.

Take a step back... breath... realize you pulled a ---meecrob--- and apologize.

That simple.

DashRendar

• Offline Offline
To be fair to likwid, his complaint was a lack of communication, not delivery time.

But Randy indicated he never received likwid's emails, and likwid never received Randy's.  That's not GGG's fault, nor is it likwid's.  It just happens sometimes.   :P

Nephasth

But Randy indicated he never received likwid's emails, and likwid never received Randy's.  That's not GGG's fault, nor is it likwid's.  It just happens sometimes.   :P

Did the USPS start handling email now?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 12:17:27 pm by Nephasth »

Hoopz

• Offline Offline
  • Intellivision Rocks!
It's something Randy should look into though.  The OP said that he sent it via the contact for on GGG's website.  Randy should be getting 100% of those without any SPAM filters getting them. 

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
i just do not get it ???

for 1 i run a repair business and 7-day's ?
let's try 14...or i drive for the part's
in my shop is a machine waiting for a micro board

i the co. that built it is long gone.
my coustmer know's this so i buy from the board's
again 14+ day's,so my point is if u want it that fast
STOCK IT.or wait for shipping
it's about that simple

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

RayB

• Offline Offline
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
My guess is the dude is ADHD, forgot to press "submit" on the contact form and thinks it sent through.
NO MORE!!

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
I bet what happened is that Randy is working on a new product. The GGG TitaniumGem Mail Server with SHAZAM spam guard TRADEMARK COPYRIGHT PATENT PENDING.

Probably just a bug.

Louis Tully

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2015, 09:41:03 pm
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:41:23 am by Louis Tully »

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
To be fair to likwid, his complaint was a lack of communication, not delivery time.

To be fair to reality...

Which was Friday.....

Regardless of who received what, starting 3 ---smurfette--- threads on SUNDAY complaining about a lack of response for emails that were sent on FRIDAY, makes him a class-A --cream-filled twinkie--.

DashRendar

• Offline Offline
Oh- I agree.  I'm just saying don't call him a ---meecrob--- for complaining about the delivery time--

Call him a ---meecrob--- for complaining about the communication time.

I do think that Saint should rename this thread to something like "An Impatient Git's Rant".   :applaud:

Warborg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:41:41 am
  • Personal text? Nah...
A few days late, but another +1 for Randy...  I've ordered parts from him to build 2 different cabinets over the years and have always gotten what I needed and gotten it reasonably quickly and for a good price.  Additionally, if I have needed any support or advice Randy has always been more then happy to help out and has gotten in protracted discussions with me just to fill in details I needed, provide advice, and even discuss upcoming projects with me when I've asked about possible future needs.  I have nothing but good to say about GGG and Randy.

And as far as some of the other comments about the OP has the right to post about his dissatisfaction, of course he does...  But when it borders on customer tantrum about how he's going to go around and try to turn people away from GGG and such, that's a bit of jerksauce with a side of hissy.

JustMichael

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2015, 01:19:40 am
  • Mmmmm!! Cheesecake!!
I have ordered from Randy in the past and never had a problem.  One thing you have to realize about most mail-order companies (in general) is they prioritize your order according to how you want it shipped.  Next day shipping orders get filled first, 3-day shipping orders get filled next and 8-10 day shipping orders get filled when they get to them.  So if you go slowest shipping expect your order to take longer to get shipped!  Randy stepping up and paying for faster shipping out of his own pocket speaks volumes about him.  As for communication, ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- happens.  It is a fact of life.  If you don't get a reply, try back in a few days.

Nephasth

I need to start a thread about the OP's recent lack of communication in this thread...

bradx

• Offline Offline
I have ordered from Randy in the past and never had a problem.  One thing you have to realize about most mail-order companies (in general) is they prioritize your order according to how you want it shipped.  Next day shipping orders get filled first, 3-day shipping orders get filled next and 8-10 day shipping orders get filled when they get to them.  So if you go slowest shipping expect your order to take longer to get shipped!  Randy stepping up and paying for faster shipping out of his own pocket speaks volumes about him.  As for communication, ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- happens.  It is a fact of life.  If you don't get a reply, try back in a few days.
thats why i ordered priority from him, it cost like 50 cents extra.  complaining about a week to receive an order is ridiculous, i sell on ebay all the time and the seller is allowed 7 days to ship.  if someone orders and receives their order within a week that is prompt service in my opinion.

isucamper

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2019, 05:13:08 pm
  • I'm a slasher... of prices!!
    • my project arcade blog
I want to throw in some GGG support.  I've got 2 or 3 orders in with them and they were shipped quickly and all parts are functioning 2-3 years later.  I don't think 3-4 days for communication or 7 days to ship is ANYTHING to throw this big a stink about.  We should trick lik into ordering something from RAM and see how he feels. 
THE SYSTEM          Popeye

Gatt

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2020, 08:24:38 pm
It's something Randy should look into though.  The OP said that he sent it via the contact for on GGG's website.  Randy should be getting 100% of those without any SPAM filters getting them. 

I can confirm that during the time period in question,  Randy was able to receive contacts via the website.  I contacted him during this timeframe,  and he received my request and was able to accomidate my request.

As such,  and given the OP's behavior here,  I question whether or not he made the attempt to contact Randy.  Randy had no problems getting mine,  the other guys weren't there,  so I believe that the other guy never made an attempt to contact him,  or if he did,  he did not do it through Randy's site.

Of course,  it also goes without saying I received high-quality parts in good order 2 days after shipping.  Again,  I reiterate,  I would give GGG an AAA rating as a retailer.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
I would give GGG an AAA rating as a retailer.

Due to the lack of Novagems, I would give him a AA+ rating

TPB

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2021, 09:12:52 pm

We should trick lik into ordering something from RAM and see how he feels.  

:applaud:

RayB

• Offline Offline
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
I would give GGG an AAA rating as a retailer.

Due to the lack of Novagems, I would give him a AA+ rating
:laugh2:   :laugh2:
NO MORE!!

DJWheels

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2018, 02:30:47 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Glad I found this post even if it is how ever many years old.
-Just because some of you had good experiences with GGG doesn't mean someone else can't have a bad experience. With that said, I've never had a problem with GGG until recently. If some of you want to defend him because he's just a small one man operation blah blah blah...and everyone else is slower, that's fine, but I find it unacceptable.  That's part of the problem with this country in general. We have been conditioned to accept mediocre (if not crappy) service.
 I find it extremely unprofessional to have to repeatedly send messages to customer service, regarding an issue with an item I ordered, over a period of several weeks and not get a response, until finally, when I said I would voice my displeasure on all the gaming sites. Boy he sure was able to respond quickly after that message, apologizing and saying it was an "oversight". To me that is a slap in the face and is basically saying your issue isn't important and I figured you would eventually just go away and I wouldn't have to deal with you. His other excuse was being backed up with orders from people getting their tax returns. Well guess what, cry me a river. Hire some help instead of making excuses! You are in business to provide business. If you can't handle the workload than maybe you shouldn't be in business!

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
You should definitely bump a 7 year old dead thread instead of starting a new one.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
That sucks.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
That sucks.

That a mod approved a necrobump as a first post? Agreed. I got $5 on it being Scott.

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
A first post specifically to bash a vendor here, and openly admits he is making rounds on "all the gaming sites" to do this.

I'm sure DJ wheels will be a long standing member here who will stick around to benefit the community.  ::)

keilmillerjr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
Glad I found this post even if it is how ever many years old.
-Just because some of you had good experiences with GGG doesn't mean someone else can't have a bad experience. With that said, I've never had a problem with GGG until recently. If some of you want to defend him because he's just a small one man operation blah blah blah...and everyone else is slower, that's fine, but I find it unacceptable.  That's part of the problem with this country in general. We have been conditioned to accept mediocre (if not crappy) service.
 I find it extremely unprofessional to have to repeatedly send messages to customer service, regarding an issue with an item I ordered, over a period of several weeks and not get a response, until finally, when I said I would voice my displeasure on all the gaming sites. Boy he sure was able to respond quickly after that message, apologizing and saying it was an "oversight". To me that is a slap in the face and is basically saying your issue isn't important and I figured you would eventually just go away and I wouldn't have to deal with you. His other excuse was being backed up with orders from people getting their tax returns. Well guess what, cry me a river. Hire some help instead of making excuses! You are in business to provide business. If you can't handle the workload than maybe you shouldn't be in business!

jeremymtc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 04:49:20 am
If some of you want to defend him because he's just a small one man operation blah blah blah... You are in business to provide business. If you can't handle the workload than maybe you shouldn't be in business!

If you can't handle dealing with a one-man operation, maybe you should go to one of the big-box niche arcade hardware suppliers instead. I hear WalMart has a great custom arcade part aisle.  ;)

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
GET HIM!!!

%Bartop

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
I'll just respond to this with the final email sent to this person, so the story is clear.

My apologies for not getting back to you.  It has been very busy here suddenly with tax refunds starting to be received by customers, as well as our own tax filings coming due.  It was a simple oversight.

We also do not list the unit as being compatible with the Pi, nor did you contact us to inquire about compatibility before ordering it and connecting it to the unit.  If you had, I would have told you what I know, just as I did in response to your question when you asked after the fact.  The incompatibility is due to software on the Pi, not the hardware, and some have indicated that it works for them.  It does, however, work with what is listed in the item description, as we have tested it.

You can return the unit for credit if you would like.  We don't normally allow this, as we can't sell it anymore.  The reason for this is because those who would wish to return non-defective electronics would assuredly not be happy to receive an electronic item purchased as new, but which was already used and returned by someone else.  It would be an unfair practice

Randy

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:37:55 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
I have ordered from Randy a few times. I have never had any problems.

It does however seem that communication by some of the vendors in this hobby is pretty substandard. KLOV has multiple threads where vendors take too long to answer their customers. If you are going to run a business than treat it as such. Prompt communication is simple and easy. None of my customers care if I have a lot of orders, or have to file my taxes, or paint my nails, or whatever other excuse there is not to send an email or make a phone call.

Prompt communication can alleviate many of customer complaints.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
Prompt communication is simple and easy.

If there were 48 hours in a day, I would agree.  But when you have 30 orders in a backlog, several of which are large quantities for commercial entities who are also experiencing a spike for the same reasons, and you have to price your goods in a way which cannot support additional employees, something has to give.

I wish I could do more, but situations like these are starting to impact my decision as to whether I wish to keep putting myself through this.  I'm not as young as I was 14 years ago when I started this. :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 01:43:20 pm by RandyT »

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
Out of curiosity, what did he order?

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
Your customers don't care how busy you think you are. How many emails do you get in a day? Let's be real. How long would it take to answer them and move on?

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band

$5 cash in hand for whatever it was.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com

GP-Wiz.  There are posts on this board from someone who says it works fine with his Pi, and posts elsewhere which say there are some issues due to the Pi's joystick handling implementation.  Support is even different between applications running on the thing.

Your customers don't care how busy you think you are. How many emails do you get in a day? Let's be real. How long would it take to answer them and move on?

About 20.  Some are simple questions about something they purchased, which are to the point, and they get answered in a decent timeframe.  Some are nebulous laundry lists from those who haven't ordered anything, which take as much time to answer as it would for me to build a joystick someone has ordered and is waiting for. 

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
You should take the time to answer them. If you don't than you shouldn't be surprised when people are unhappy about what you believe is a minor issue. It very well could be. But when it is compounded by silence on your end the problem becomes worse. If you are too busy to communicate effectively with your customers than you need to hire help. If you cannot afford to hire help than your business plan needs some work or maybe the business just isn't viable. That is not a criticism of you personally. Sometimes it just doesn't work. Like I said before, I have ordered from you a few times and I have had no problems. You are not running a shady business. It just sounds like you are a little overwhelmed and I hope things work out well for you.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
I appreciate what seems to be a sincere attempt at providing advice, but we've been doing this for 14 years, and while many who have attempted to remain viable in this niche market have come and gone in that time, we are still here (for now.)  Sometimes, you have to scale yourself to the market and the profit margins.  But I won't go into any more detail. 

BTW, I have placed sincere inquiries with much larger companies than ours (yes, I'm not the only one who works here :) ), and unless you are placing a large order, not getting a reply is almost the norm. 

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
Pi-related. Figures. Pfft.

Randy is top-notch in my book. He was the first arcade vendor I ordered from when I started the summer of 2010. He even fixed something for me for free he had no obligation to. I’d keep using him without hesitation.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
RandyT, you need to update your website with a larger aquarium section.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band

Frankly, if I were Randy, I wouldn't take a "pfft" attitude towards Pi support.  There is no reason from his website to suspect that it wouldn't work with a Pi and the statements talking about how many things support his devices kind of imply that it does.

Like it or not, this hobby has taken a major pivot towards using Pis in everything.   If he chooses not to modernize his lineup and sales pitch, that's his business, but it's definitely out of step with how things are going.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
Frankly, if I were Randy, I wouldn't take a "pfft" attitude towards Pi support. 

I don't take that attitude toward the Pi.  But when one person says they have it working fine, and another says they have issues, then based on the hundred variables in such a system, it's impossible to support it.  That is why we don't specifically mention Pi support for any electronics.  With the Pi, it seems like many things only work with it, if you have the knowledge to make it so.  There are other more serious concerns with the Pi, such as the fact, based on what I have been reading, that the Pi does not do any regulation of power before it reaches the USB port.  As most using it are powering those devices with a cheap wall wart supply, which are notorious for dirty power, incorrect voltages, etc., it endangers everything attached to it.

That said, I have been working to add support on a future product which takes into account some of the known issues, without sacrificing compatibility with PCs.  The Pi will never be a good substitute for a PC, unless the individual Pi user has all of the variables under control.  Unfortunately, many don't, and support for someone else's hardware base is well beyond what we can reasonably do.

Ian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"

Randy is top-notch in my book. He was the first arcade vendor I ordered from when I started the summer of 2010. He even fixed something for me for free he had no obligation to. I’d keep using him without hesitation.

Myself as well.... Randy is the best! And we appreciate everything you do for the community. You don't even have to come on a message board to defend yourself. There are enough of us that have experienced your A+ customer service that will back you up.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Ian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
And this should be a different thread, this one should be locked.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline

Frankly, if I were Randy, I wouldn't take a "pfft" attitude towards Pi support.  There is no reason from his website to suspect that it wouldn't work with a Pi and the statements talking about how many things support his devices kind of imply that it does.

Like it or not, this hobby has taken a major pivot towards using Pis in everything.   If he chooses not to modernize his lineup and sales pitch, that's his business, but it's definitely out of step with how things are going.

Randy didn’t take that attitude - I did.

It’s not Randy’s job to do other people’s homework.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
And this should be a different thread, this one should be locked.

This thread should have been locked YEARS ago.

jeremymtc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 04:49:20 am
RandyT, you need to update your website with a larger aquarium section.

I'm still on the lookout for sitdown-style aquarium kit. I can't believe that no one in the arcade parts industry offers one. Such incompetence.

ZoOl007

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2020, 12:03:38 pm
    • RGBcommander
Regarding the Pi: I do agree with some of what has been said above.
A good PSU is absolutely mandatory or you will have all sorts of 'weird' issues.
Having written code that runs on ARM/Pi I can confirm that the LEDWiz works as it should ( and his little brother too - I always forget the name - it has the same hwid)
What is a problem is that most Pi users use linux because they have to and not because they like it and that is the major stumbling block once it gets a little bit complicated...
I tend to disregard people too if I feel they didn't do their homework. All the other ones I've helped...
Most do their homework though.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
Regarding the Pi: I do agree with some of what has been said above.
A good PSU is absolutely mandatory or you will have all sorts of 'weird' issues.
Having written code that runs on ARM/Pi I can confirm that the LEDWiz works as it should ( and his little brother too - I always forget the name - it has the same hwid)
What is a problem is that most Pi users use linux because they have to and not because they like it and that is the major stumbling block once it gets a little bit complicated...
I tend to disregard people too if I feel they didn't do their homework. All the other ones I've helped...
Most do their homework though.

Well said.