Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Games with ISSUES: report here!  (Read 85032 times)

Calamity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:02:24 pm
  • Quote me with care
Re: Games with ISSUES: report here!
« Reply #280 on: February 21, 2021, 12:52:11 pm »
Yes, the problem is Psychic5 run at 54 Hz and your TV isn't adjusted for that. Most TVs can sync all the range from 50 to 60 Hz out of the box. Arcade monitors also can, but usually you need to adjust the v-freq pot so the sync "window" includes the whole range we want. This is what I think your TV needs, but I have no clue if the required pot (or service menu adjustment) actually exists on it.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead or pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

tonyt76

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2021, 08:58:10 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #281 on: February 26, 2021, 11:54:44 am »
I am not able to load any of the Playchoice 10 games like Dr. Mario in Groovymame 0.228.

Prog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 10, 2021, 10:50:42 pm
« Reply #282 on: March 17, 2021, 10:01:44 pm »
I've been having this issue with Tapper (tapper.zip) in which the screen randomly freezes up for a few seconds.

I'm using GroovyArcade (Arch) with an Ultimarc ArcadeVGA 5000 (Radeon HD 5450) on an RGB-modded Sony Trinitron TV. I need to get more info on the drivers, I'm away from the setup right now. What I do know is that I've yet to see it outside tapper, and I've been trying to replicate with GroovyMAME on my W10 laptop (to no avail, thus far). I never recall seeing anything like this with mame, but groovymame in the GroovyArcade repo lists mame as a conflicting package so I didn't want to risk messing up my install. I've attached the log but I didn't notice anything spat out when the error occurred (IE, anything after groovymame loaded but before I exited). I also monitored some gameplay on a nearby VNC display and it also froze on that, so if that narrows things down, then great. I've attached a video of the phenomenon (caution; drunken language).

I was also getting scrambled sprites on Battletoads, but more on that later.

EDIT: I just had it happen on Rampage as well; I need to do more testing of non MCR-III games. It persisted a couple seconds after I paused emulation. Id be happy to compile and/or install mainline MAME in this machine if I know it wont mess anything up. The version info of Radeon is as follows:
compiled for 1.20.8, module version = 19.1.0
ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 24.1

I found some interesting stuff in the xorg log, I need to get onto a proper pc to post it
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 08:24:02 pm by Prog »

Prog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #283 on: March 18, 2021, 10:40:44 pm »
Okay, I've attached a copy of the file from vim. I believe it was originally /var/log/xorg.log.0, I was reading it mid-game of Rampage, very shortly after it froze and I paused it. This is the interesting part:

[   208.692] (EE) RADEON(0): drmmode_do_crtc_dpms cannot get last vblank counter
[   208.692] (II) RADEON(0): Allocate new frame buffer 512x480
[   208.693] (II) RADEON(0): VRAM usage limit set to 230886K
[   949.707] (WW) RADEON(0): flip queue failed: Cannot allocate memory
[   949.707] (WW) RADEON(0): Page flip failed: Cannot allocate memory
[   949.707] (EE) RADEON(0): present flip failed
(Above 3 lines repeat 45543 times until [3046.691])
[  3046.691] (WW) RADEON(0): flip queue failed: Cannot allocate memory
[  3046.691] (WW) RADEON(0): Page flip failed: Cannot allocate memory
[  3046.691] (EE) RADEON(0): present flip failed
[  3046.723] (II) event1  - Power Button: device removed
[  3046.755] (II) event0  - Power Button: device removed
[  3046.782] (II) event2  - USB OPTICAL MOUSE : device removed
[  3046.835] (II) event4  - DELL DELL USB Keyboard: device removed
[  3046.862] (II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch

Although maybe that was just the result of me pausing the game and switching terminals or something. But it looks like I did that around timecode 3046. Gonna have to try to monitor the log every few seconds via ssh while playing... I'll let you know if I find something.

Prog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #284 on: March 23, 2021, 12:33:19 am »
Alright so those messages about flipping pages and memory allocation are definitely correlated to the freezing that Im seeing. They start when I get a freeze and generate indefinitely until I terminate MAME altogether (even once normal gameplay resumes, a couple seconds after the freeze).
I actually think I remember experiencing a freeze on bublbobl, but I cant say with confidence atm. Perhaps its more likely to happen on games for which MAME allocates a 480p framebuffer, like the MCR games. Just speculation.
Id be happy to help in any way I can. Like, if installing Windows and getting comparative data on the same hardware would somehow be helpful, lmk. Id definitely contribute to the rendering codebase if I knew a thing about any of that at all.

Jimbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 21, 2021, 10:47:51 am
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • Wood Finishes Direct
« Reply #285 on: April 06, 2021, 09:24:43 am »
Having issues with Choplifter on groovymame included in substring's 2020.06 collab release of groovyarcade.

I have no frame delay, pressing F11 shows me that the game is running at 100% all the time.

When the hostages are picked up and say "thank you" the game momentarily grinds to a halt (although F11 still says 100%).  It also seems a bit stuttery in general but when the hostages speak it's by far the worst.  All other games I'm running seem fine it's just this one.

Hardware I am running:  a Ryzen 3600 CPU with 16GB ram, an HD5450 card, and a Hantarex Polo/3 15Khz monitor.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

venom

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2021, 08:17:37 am
R-Type Sound distorted Audio file attached !
« Reply #286 on: July 25, 2021, 08:15:15 am »
Audio Issue R-type(Audio file attached)

Having an issue with R-type,  TBH not specific to groovymame but visible in that too and various versions of mame and hardware. I have tried other peoples builds e.g coinops and still an issue.

So I have this  issue  on my dell optiplex 9020Sff  i5 and my HP laptop i5  and another laptop.  Common element is they are all Windows 10 and use Realtek Audio. But I have kind of ruled that out by using audio on my dedicated GPU which is AMD via digital out to a TV, and still experience same issue.

For easiness I have a good 226 set of roms so replicated this in groovymame 226

The sound is just not right. The audio issue can be heard especially when no background music and you are inserting coins, its like a static noise (Listen to attached audio file) . The visible crackle/distortion is really irratating !

I have the same issue with a TV, Laptop Screen and a LCD in my arcade cabinet. I am going to try and attach an audio clip. I would be suprised if someone else had not had same issue, and hopefully can point me in right direction.

Someome mentioned R-type runs at an unusual vertical refresh rate 55.

I have tried installing all the visual C libaries and direct x all gain but has made no difference.

Any help would be appreciated as tried turing of hardware stretching, messing with sound in mame ini etc and just cannot work out why it sounds so weird !

Thanks
Venom.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 08:17:38 am by venom »