Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mortal Kombat cab completed  (Read 3011 times)

vcoleiro1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 09, 2018, 09:24:38 am
Mortal Kombat cab completed
« on: September 01, 2011, 08:43:16 am »
Hi, just thought Id post a vid of the Mortal Kombat (Aka - miniature ass kicking device) arcade machine I have built using (as per usual):

6mm mdf, 3mm perspex, Modded GBA SP, LED strip, Coin door modelled from Balsa, micro push on/off buttons.

This probably will be one of the last of these type of uprights I build.  Next project will be something with a Caanoo or Ipod touch.

Enjoy:

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 04:07:35 am by vcoleiro1 »

GingerTroll

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 17, 2012, 02:26:45 am
Re: Mortal Kombat - Miniature Ass Kicking tool now completed
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 12:27:08 pm »
Excellent job once again!  Putting the micro switches on the face as a coin door resolves having wires on the back panel and provides a great look.

As I plan my own mini arcade, I have a couple more questions for you vcoleiro1.

1) How did you get the marquee lit like that.  It appears that the light goes to the edge, finer than the MDF that you are using.

2) Have you ever concidered using craft vinyl for the side finish?  The stuff they use for the cricut hobby cutters.  I am prepared to seal and paint, but I like the fine bumpy look of the vinyl finish.

As soon as my final parts arrive, I intend to post a new project of my own.

Looking forward to your next project, very excited to hear it is another mini (micro, nano, pico....)

vcoleiro1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 09, 2018, 09:24:38 am
Re: Mortal Kombat - Miniature Ass Kicking tool now completed
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 08:35:35 pm »
Excellent job once again!  Putting the micro switches on the face as a coin door resolves having wires on the back panel and provides a great look.

As I plan my own mini arcade, I have a couple more questions for you vcoleiro1.

1) How did you get the marquee lit like that.  It appears that the light goes to the edge, finer than the MDF that you are using.

2) Have you ever concidered using craft vinyl for the side finish?  The stuff they use for the cricut hobby cutters.  I am prepared to seal and paint, but I like the fine bumpy look of the vinyl finish.

As soon as my final parts arrive, I intend to post a new project of my own.

Looking forward to your next project, very excited to hear it is another mini (micro, nano, pico....)

You have a fine eye there, yes there was a trick to the marquee lighting, the top panel and speaker panel which but up against the perspex marquee were both beveled to a 1mm width at the edge that butts up against the marquee. This was done as you say to allow the whole of the marquee to light up.

Havent considered craft vinyl, pretty happy with the gloss photo sticker.  I have seen people also cover the sticker with clear contact which works really well in protecting it, but I have been to lazy to add this extra layer.

Look forward to seeing your project.  A number of people have emailed me for help and instructions since my first vid and they are now emailing me photos of there finished projects which look pretty good.  A lot of different things (everyone likes to make some changes) they have tried  have been pretty inventive.