Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultimarc PS3 adapter  (Read 5001 times)

Rice Cube

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2016, 02:51:06 pm
Ultimarc PS3 adapter
« on: July 06, 2011, 03:25:27 pm »
hi, wondering if anyone has used the ultimarc ps3 adapter with their ipac and if it works well. thanks.

RyoriNoTetsujin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 03:55:45 pm
Re: Ultimarc PS3 adapter
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 05:01:01 pm »
Just got mine a few days ago. Haven't hooked it up yet, but back when I was researching it there were 3 or 4 people who had nothing but good things to say about it.

I'll try to get my panel together in the next few days and post something.  Don't hold your breath for me, though, I'm pretty swamped with other work.

It's Andy; in all my time on BYOAC, I've never seen an instance where he does bad work.  Even with the somewhat shaky start of the Aimtrak, he was VERY quick to listen and adapt to what we wanted.  He and Randy and some of the other guys here are the pillars of this community.

RyoriNoTetsujin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 11:50:43 am »
In case you were still wondering, I did eventually hook this up and it works flawlessly.  GREAT for fighting games!

One interesting thing though; the adapter has 2 usb outs, and you have to make sure BOTH are plugged into the PS3 in order for the adapter to work at all. For some reason I mistakenly thought each USB was representative of an individual controller...  :banghead:

Spd4306

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 21, 2012, 01:01:11 pm
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 07:12:42 am »
I just bought the same adapter, but I can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be much appreciated.

RyoriNoTetsujin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 01:07:13 pm »
I just bought the same adapter, but I can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Did you plug in both USB plugs? As I mentioned before, it certainly won't work without both of them plugged in. 

Also, I think the PS3 adapter only responds to IPAC default keypress settings, so if you've changed anything in software, you might need to restore them to defaults. (Check with Andy on that, I could be wrong.)  Other than that, it should just work as described on the Ultimarc site.