Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition for PC  (Read 30125 times)

brad808

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2023, 08:18:15 pm
Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition for PC
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2011, 03:45:35 pm »
Thanks guys I'll see what I can work out. if it can't be done I'll just add that to the last of why to make a viewlix cab next  ;D

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2011, 03:52:06 am »
Well I got tired of waiting for capcom to fix this so I downloaded a "fixed" version.  Before I get to busy this week I thought I would give my first impressions. 

The Good:

More characters.  More characters are almost always a good thing and seeing as how the pc version of regular ssfiv was never released this is a needed update.

No more annoying xbox live prompt. 

The render system seems to have been optmized.  SFIV had trouble running with everything maxed out on my machine and believe me it's a beast.  I don't have any problems with this version. 

The input system seems to be better.  I can now navigate through the whole game without using the mouse or keyboard. 

Better looking menu.  The sfiv menu looked like one you might see when configuring your router.  At least now it looks like a nice console game menu.

The Bad: 

The return of lame characters I honestly thought were joke characters like Dark Ryu and Oni.  All they do is take up space on the disc, which we'll get to in a moment.  Seriously capcom, when Mortal Kombat has given up pallette swaps then it's time to move on. 

Remember that great training mode and challenge mode in SFIV.... it's gone.  They screwed up how the move instructions are displayed.  Ditto for the in-game movelists. 

Remember the great anime style intro video in SFIV?  Those are gone as well, probably to save space.  While this makes sense on the console versions, I've got to imagine that sheer laziness was the reason not to make some for the pc version.  To add insult to injury the original roster uses screengrabs from the anime videos for their "slideshow videos." Again capcom, get with the program.  A slideshow intro video is not acceptable in this day and age.   

Menu is still kind of complex.  It takes four menu selections just to start an arcade game... that's a bit much. 

So to sum it up, while you are getting new characters, a better engine and many of the bugs from the previous version fixed, capcom has managed to add a bunch more annoyances and problems to get on your nerves just as bad.  This is probably the better version to own, but it still seems like a stretch to want to add it to your cabinet.

kalars123

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 09, 2019, 12:31:51 pm
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2011, 12:14:37 pm »
i think you downloaded a modified rip, my copy has full anime scenes for the arcade portion, i agree on the challenge mode move instruction's it's really anoying that it pauses the game when you want to see the input instruction's for the game.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2011, 03:13:13 pm »
i think you downloaded a modified rip, my copy has full anime scenes for the arcade portion

Are you sure?

For me the intro (prolouge) videos are essentially the camera panning on still frames with limited animation.  It used to be fully animated.  Now the endings, those are animated.

kalars123

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2011, 12:20:33 am »
ok yea your right, mine is the same, i thought you meant like an actual slide show, frame by frame.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2011, 11:09:39 am »
Well, I couldn't even get it to run properly on my arcade machine.  It didn't recognize my ipac4...  at all.

The good news is, Capcom has released a patch that is supposed to address many issues.

"Capcom is making up for the wait by adding a few features that weren't originally planned for this update.
 •Support for more keyboards and input devices that were not initially recognized
 •Allowing re-mapped keys
 •Changes Fixed Mode as the default graphic setting
 •NVIDIA 3D Vision Enhancements
 •DRM removed for non-Steam version of the game"

Read more here:  http://www.destructoid.com/pc-patch-for-super-street-fighter-iv-ae-delayed-slightly-205871.phtml

Unfortunately, my update will not install properly.  The cause:  I have disabled Windows autoupdate, which the Windows Live update requires enabled in SSFIVAE.  So the patch won't apply.

Man, I wish Capcom would make this easy...  Sheesh!  So alternatively, I'm now trying to update it on my normal PC and then copy the directory over the arcade machine's to see if it works.  We'll see...

*Edit* The copying of the directories over didn't do it.  Apparently the update patch installs .dll files as well.  So it wouldn't run on the arcade machine.  :-(

D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 12:50:16 pm by DeLuSioNal29 »
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2011, 11:57:20 am »
Unfortunately, my update will not install properly.  The cause:  I have disabled Windows autoupdate, which the Windows Live update requires enabled in SSFIVAE.  So the patch won't apply.

Man, I wish Capcom would make this easy...  Sheesh!  So alternatively, I'm now trying to update it on my normal PC and then copy the directory over the arcade machine's to see if it works.  We'll see...

D

Here's the simple steps I took to apply the patch.....
- re-enabled network related services so I could connect to the internet
- launch SSFIV AE so the patch would apply
- after downloading gamer profile, GFWL tells me that I need to exit the game to finish an update
- repeat last two steps 3 times
- launched GFWL by itself and it tells me that I need to apply a hotfix
- hotfix applied, now it tells me that I need to update GFWL
- after watching the install bar slowly move accross the screen and getting to the end, it tells me that it could not be updated because GFWL account login helper something  or other needs updated.
- download the login helper thing and get an error at the end of installation
- repeat last step 3 times
- get online to see what the problem is and it turns out that the login helper won't install unless automatic updates is turned on
- turn on automatic updates and the login helper installs fine.
- launch GFWL and update it
- launch the game and patch installs
- close the game
- turn off automatic updates, login helper, and all network related services.
- launch game, game crashes
- repeat last step 2 times
- turn login helper back on
- launch game, all characters are there, but KEYBOARD CONTROLS STILL FUBAR, exactly the same as they were before
- reinstall xbox controller patch from last SF game
- play half a round, add it to my front end, move on to other projects

EDIT: Was browsing the complaints on the capcom forum and saw that people were getting a message that "GFWL could not connect, check your network and firewall settings".  I got that too, but don't remember which point it was at.  Insert randomly above.  Firewall wasn't on and I could connect to the internet just fine.
It was caused by the "login helper" not installing.   

:dizzy:

alternatively, I could have.....
- downloaded pirated version (actually did this at the same time I downloaded it from Capcom)
- install
- add to front end

I went the route I did just to see how big of a PITA it would be to do things "legitimately".
It was a huge PITA and it's not over yet.  The keyboard controls still don't work right.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 12:11:58 pm by BadMouth »

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2011, 12:52:36 pm »
For some reason, now I can't even get past the title screen.  When I hit enter (start) the "press start" text just flashes faster on the screen and nothing happens.

$40 down the drain...

D

kalars123

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2011, 02:19:34 pm »
Skidrow has put out the patch as a standalone, might help out, check the "usual" places for torrents

ratsflif

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 06:08:07 pm
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2011, 11:56:54 pm »
Am I S.O.L running this on my cabinet at 640x480? Seems only 800x600 is available :( Any kind of workaround I can do?

Thanks

Well the better question would be why bother running it if you are going to use such a low resolution?

This isn't 1996.... sfIV is a 720p game, even in the arcades.  And that's 720p widescreen, not 4:3. 

Gameplay wise this game isn't a whole heck of a lot different than some of the later revisions of sf II/alpha. 

This is why you run it at a low res.  Game looks great with the soft15k running its special 800x600 mode on a vga arcade monitor.  I have all the settings maxed and 8x aa and it runs in a native 4:3 mode:

Arshad

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2011, 08:12:05 pm
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2011, 12:34:09 am »
Let me see if I understand all this correctly:

1) Make sure your cab has net connectivity for a) download from steam directly to cab to avoid DRM issues and b) get access to full roster of characters
2) Install the SF4 keyboard patch as noted here to get proper key mapping: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=96377.0

With these steps, can I then use an iPac2 and not have to use an external keyboard for anything and get full 2 player control?

Delusional:  I thought you had it working.  What happened?

newmanfamilyvlogs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2022, 05:20:38 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,103584.msg1096585.html#msg1096585
    • Newman Family Vlogs
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2011, 05:57:40 am »
Upon installing the new official patch I was able to map keys with a minipac without using the keyboard patch you linked to. The iPac2 might work also.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2011, 10:38:09 am »
I did get it working... but just not on my arcade machine.  It worked fine on my normal PC I use every day.  I still can't figure why it works on one machine and not the other.  I'm thinking it's an OS issue.  I have Win 7 64 bit on my normal PC and Win XP 32 bit on the arcade cabinet.  I will admit that I haven't had much time to work on it; although I did on 3 separate occasions trying to get it to work.  (Too many for a retail game in my opinion).

For now, I still have the older Street Fighter IV working perfectly on the arcade machine, so that will have to do for now as I have a BBQ coming up where my arcade will be used.  I've crushed all the bugs on that one, including the menu that pops up at the beginning (I use autoIt to automatically click the dialog box to run the game).

DeLuSioNaL29

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2011, 11:41:54 am »
I have it working on my XP32 PC, so it is possible (just see the simple steps listed in my previous post  :lol ).

I figured it wasn't fair to Capcom to complain that it wouldn't install on an old unpatched OS that hadn't been updated in a year, so I installed it on my main pc that runs Vista and is always kept up to date.

I had all the exact same problems except for the "hotfix" for GFWL.  :laugh2:
Fixing the issues went a lot faster this time around since I knew what to do.

I haven't even played it since getting it sorted out.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:43:30 am by BadMouth »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2011, 02:41:39 pm »
Yeah... it's got some new characters, but a lot of ones you don't really care about right?  Like dudley... why do we need him in balrog is included?  I guess for old-timey mustache goodness. ;)

And then the returning characters are characters you've played to death on sfiv....  so yeah.  It's Super Street Fighter II Championship Edition all over again.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2011, 11:55:34 am »
OK, I finally got around to messing around with this.  I caved in and applied the skidrow patch.  But I noticed, the game is SLOOOOOOW.  SFIV runs perfectly.  But this new SSFIVAE is terrible.  Anyone else notice this issue?

I'm wondering if it's because of the hacked patch or if the game normally runs this badly in the retail version (I never did manage to get mine to work on my arcade machine).

I'll mess around with it more tonight...

D

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2011, 12:19:08 pm »
I'm using the official patch.
The gameplay seems faster that SFIV to me.  I only played this one a few times after installing it, but the controls seemed more responsive and the movements of the characters snappier.

There were some people complaining on the capcom-unity forums that their frame-rate dropped after applying the official patch.
Not sure what was going on there.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2011, 08:07:04 pm »
I'm using the official patch.
The gameplay seems faster that SFIV to me.  I only played this one a few times after installing it, but the controls seemed more responsive and the movements of the characters snappier.

There were some people complaining on the capcom-unity forums that their frame-rate dropped after applying the official patch.
Not sure what was going on there.

I think they might just be optimized for different types of cards.  I know for me, SFIV almost seemed broken it was so unresponsive and choppy, but SSFIV AE was snappy as can be.

mshelbz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 13, 2011, 02:40:13 am
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2011, 09:13:22 pm »
Would using Soft15k allow the game to run in VGA resolution?  My monitor's highest res is 640X480 and after buying the game I really hope there is a workaround to getting it in my cab.

ratsflif

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 06:08:07 pm
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2011, 01:34:45 am »
Would using Soft15k allow the game to run in VGA resolution?  My monitor's highest res is 640X480 and after buying the game I really hope there is a workaround to getting it in my cab.

Yes, soft15k will let you play on your vga 640x480 monitor, that is what how I have mine setup as shown in my post a few back.

mshelbz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2011, 01:52:34 am »

Yes, soft15k will let you play on your vga 640x480 monitor, that is what how I have mine setup as shown in my post a few back.

Thanks, Soft15k wouldn't work with my integrated nForce video card (not like it would run the game anyway) so I have a new GeForce 520 coming which should be enough to run it.

djm858

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2015, 09:05:10 pm
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2011, 11:57:52 am »
OK, I finally got around to messing around with this.  I caved in and applied the skidrow patch.  But I noticed, the game is SLOOOOOOW.  SFIV runs perfectly.  But this new SSFIVAE is terrible.  Anyone else notice this issue?

I'm wondering if it's because of the hacked patch or if the game normally runs this badly in the retail version (I never did manage to get mine to work on my arcade machine).

I'll mess around with it more tonight...

D

Opposite effect for me.  I thought they got more efficient with their coding/etc because SF4 would run terribly slow on 800x600 on my cab, SSF4AE runs very well at the same resolution.

Arshad

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2011, 08:12:05 pm
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2011, 09:30:42 pm »
OK, I finally got around to messing around with this.  I caved in and applied the skidrow patch.  But I noticed, the game is SLOOOOOOW.  SFIV runs perfectly.  But this new SSFIVAE is terrible.  Anyone else notice this issue?

How does it run on your original install machine?  Do you see the same type of performance delta on that machine?  Seems everyone else is seeing the opposite effect.

I'm still trying to figure out what type of hardware I need for 60Hz SF4.  It seems the game benefits from dual cores, but unclear whether additional cores helps performance.  ie am I better off with a dual core Athlon II @ 3.0Ghz or a Quad core Phenom II @ 2.6Ghz?  I suspect the extra cores won't buy me anything so it'll be a wash for MAME + SF4.  The game itself isn't particularly demanding graphically and luckily I work at a major graphics card manufacturer so I can just slap in something relatively powerful to ensure I can drive 1080p @ 60 with full AA and effects.

mshelbz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2011, 02:20:59 am »
I installed my new card, ECS GeForce 520.

Also went from Windows 7 to XP 64 bit due to an issue with Soft15khz.

Once everything was installed, I set it to boot to 31K regardless of resolution and loaded up SSIV without a problem.  This card scored an A+ on the diagnostic test within the game.

I paid $49 for the card and it has a $20 rebate so all in all it's a great card for it's intended purpose.

Thanks to everyone on this thread especially ratsflif for the initial post about getting it running on a 31k monitor and SailorSat for the app.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 02:22:51 am by mshelbz »

Sosetsuken

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2014, 02:13:46 pm
  • Da Daaah Da Daaah Da, Da Da Daaah Da
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2011, 07:07:16 am »
If anyone is getting bad framerates and has the x360ce (Xbox 360 Controller Emulator) in the SSF4IVAE directory, you need to get rid of it.  As soon as i deleted the x360ce.exe and the xinput1_3.dll my fps problem went away (Just use JoyToKey).

PlayingKarrde

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2021, 05:07:47 pm
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2011, 05:30:47 am »
Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I'm running SSF4:AE latest up to date version with a JPAC. Obviously the JPAC being read as a keyboard has SF4 make me set up players 1 and 2 as keyboards.

However, the issue is in order to select any menu items or go back, it requires me to press enter or esc respectively. NOT the confirm or back buttons I set up in the button config. Those buttons work as intended once I'm actually at the character select screen, but not in the actual menus, and it's really frustrating.

Now I have it set up so holding P1 and pressing left on the joystick reads as Enter from within WinIPAC, but that's hardly ideal and definitely not user friendly if anyone other than I wants to use it.

I've tried using xinput to make it read the keyboard functions as gamepad inputs, but that doesn't seem to work anymore (I believe it worked pre-patch).

Anyone got any ideas??

:dunno