Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Twisted Quarter - Buyer Beware  (Read 52406 times)

twistedquarter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2013, 04:18:05 pm
Re: Twisted Quarter - Buyer Beware
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2012, 02:38:42 pm »
Sorry didnt see chris last message, so there will me one more post .....THe charge back was started 5 days after we received the monitor back and we got it inspected ......Again we didnt jump fast enough for you .....and the charge back is for 560.00 not 500.00 but who cares about 60.00. Your rants were you wanted a full refund ...then you should of returned everything....NOw it is in a charge back mode so we have to wait to see the out come .....Again , if the bank sides with you  its done and over ...If they side with us ...I still will refund your money less the parts you kept ....I dont want your money nor need you money .....

Everybody all ways is asking for a discount coupon    so here is one for our web store  for the next 72 hours  10% off entire purchase  enter code  CSNOW

Unstupid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2021, 08:46:34 am
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2012, 02:42:44 pm »
Everybody all ways is asking for a discount coupon    so here is one for our web store  for the next 72 hours  10% off entire purchase  enter code  CSNOW

Hahaha!   :D. Could have used this 2 days ago but that's cool!  Time to go shopping!  What else do I need?  Hmm....

csnow

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2023, 10:30:54 am
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2012, 03:19:58 pm »
More BS Andrew.  The bank will not allow an investigation until you have had 15 days to refund the money after receiving the returned product; therefore, the claim couldn't be filed until then, so the 5 days is total BS.  Also, Wells Fargo issued a provisional refund to my account for $500.  That is the amount I disputed.  They would have issued a full refund had I protested the entire amount.  However, yes you did not refund my money fast enough.  48 hours after receiving the monitor should have been sufficient.  Sixteen days pass and still no refund, so I got the bank got involved.  If there is indeed a problem and they have it listed for the full amount then that is a banking error.  I will gladly drop the investigation if you refund the money on the returned item.  As far as wanting a full refund, yes I want a full refund.  A full refund on the item that I returned.  The bezel and the mount are separate items and were not part of the transaction I am disputing so stop with the drama.  You are so full of it dude.  Cry me a river on not wanting to do this because it is no longer fun.  You do this to make money, so spare us the BS.  You are also full of crap on the investigation.  If you refund the money I have requested - $500 then the investigation is over.  Calling the bank now to find out if they froze the entire amount.  Will report back soon.

Oh and as far as your track record, there is another TQ thread on the same page as this one

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,114784.0.html

Looks like more of the same.  No help until it goes public.

Also stop with the buyer's remorse crap.  If the monitor had not been broken, we wouldnt be having this discussion.  Did I want to return the other monitor I bought from you?  You sent a dud, informed me that these were not going to be made anymore, so I decided I would rather use a computer monitor and wanted a refund.  Have your supplier test these units before they drop ship them.  The box had no signs of damage so this left the factory as a dud.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 03:39:30 pm by csnow »

csnow

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2012, 03:36:26 pm »
I called the bank and Andrew is correct, they disputed the full amount.  The agent said this was an error because the provisional charge back was for only $500 which was issued on the 6th.  They will correct this and notify Andrew.  They also said that the seller can refund the money at any time and the investigation will end.  So there you have it Andrew, refund the $500, and I will go away. 

csnow

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2012, 03:49:15 pm »
Here is the entire email correspondence.  This is the irate customer that Andrew speaks of.  This is the vulgar comments that were said to his employees.  The email thread is from most recent to oldest.  You need to start at the bottom and read up -

I didn't cuss anyone out and I didn't call anyone a Di$khead.  In the beginning, I was pretty short but I was upset about them refusing a refund because the product was "opened".  I later apologized but they had no intention of every refunding my money.  I wasnt willing to take a repair, only a new unit as a replacement. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrew,

I appreciate that you are willing to repair the unit and to cover shipping charges.  However, I am upset because this unit failed from the onset and it is an end of life product.  I already had a legacy product (CRT), why would I want to replace it with another legacy LCD that I cant get parts for in the future?   This isn't some abstract part that was special ordered.  You told me yourself that these were selling like hotcakes.  In fact, the price went up $60 because you sold out of your last batch in a 48 hour period.  If they are selling so well then why are you being so staunch on this?  Wouldn't it be much easier to issue the refund and move on?  It isn't like I just got the monitor, didn't like it, and wanted to send it back.  The monitor was broken.  I was a return customer.  So why are you being like this Andrew?  The arcade community is pretty small.  Negative press is never good.  I don't think I am being unreasonable. 

Chris
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 8:13 AM
To: Chris Snow
Subject: Re: Message from TwistedQuarter

Good Morning Chris ,  E-Bay has its own set of rules  that were changed
on 6/1/2011 by e-bay   if you read the  return policy on e-bay it says :
A 30% RESTOCKING FEE WILL APPLY TO ANY ELECTRONIC ITEM THAT HAS BEEN OPEN OR INSTALLED. NO RESTOCKING FEE WILL APPLY FOR EXCHANGES ON NON-ELECTRONIC ITEMS. ELECTRONIC ITEMS THAT HAVE BEEN OPENED OR INSTALLED AND NEED TO BE EXCHANGED WILL BE CHARGED A 15% RESTOCKING FEE.
   So if you purchased it from e-bay  you could either get it repaired or exchanged  or if you want to return a opened or installed item  there is a 30% restocking charge.  Since e-bay owns e-bay they set the rules and we have to go by there policys ...with the twisted quarter website ...we own it so we set the policys > I  do not know why you are getting so upset with us ...When I spoke to you on the phone  you completely understood that we would fix it or replace it ... I will give you a call this morning ....andrew

On 8/17/2012 8:03 AM, Chris Snow wrote:
> Please repair it or replace it.  I was never informed of the return policy on either of the phone orders that I made with Andrew.  I only ran across it when I was getting the return address to ship the broken monitor back.  Why do you have eBay auctions with electronic components that say No Questions Asked return policy.  Do you pick and choose what you allow to return because you definitely don't have a defined public policy.  The only reason I am not doing a charge back is because I screwed up and used a debit card.  I am not happy at all about this.
>
> Chris
> ________________________________________
> From: Andrew Dent [sales@twistedquarter.com]
> Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 10:46 PM
> To: Chris Snow
> Subject: Re: Message from TwistedQuarter
>
> Chris again thank you for your apologize .. Our return policy was sent
> to you so you knew what it was, as you had sent an e-mail that had a
> partial return policy information in it ... Now are we to repair or
> replace this one as needed  or are we refusing it  so you can do a
> charge back , or is it sitting here until you do a charge back ...I am
> very confused now.
> Mike
>
>
>
>    On 8/16/2012 11:18 PM, Chris Snow wrote:
>> I just apologized but if you don't want to accept it then fine.  For your employee to send me a return policy from your website is pretty shallow Andrew.  Had this been a website order, then it would have been different but this was a phone order , remember?  Did you mention your return policy to me on the phone?  Ding...Ding.....No, you didn't!  Had I known your return policy then we wouldn't be having this conversation right now because I wouldn't have bought from you.  That is why I told him not to be a dick, sorry I should have used the term jerk.  Don't send me policy from your website on a phone order.  That is being a jerk.  If that offends you, then so be it.  If you take a phone order, inform the buyer of the return policy.
>>
>> As far as your return policy, this wasn't like I called you weeks after getting the monitor.  It was pulled out of the box, plugged in, and properly troubleshot.  I then picked up the phone to call you.  This want in some pretty manufacturing box that was opened whereby the item couldn't be resold.  It was a brown shipping box.  Last time we spoke, these things were flying off the shelf so it isn't like you were going to sit on this returned item for a prolonged period after you fixed it.  So yes, I think you are being unreasonable about not accepting it back.  If it was functioning, and I just wanted to return it, then I would understand your side but that wasn't the case.  So yes, I have every intention to inform others of your return policy on the arcade forums.  I wish I would have been better informed.
>>
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Andrew Dent [mailto:sales@twistedquarter.com]
>> Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:58 PM
>> To: Chris Snow
>> Subject: Re: Message from TwistedQuarter
>>
>> HI , Chris this is Andrew ... What I told you is there is no more 26"
>> LCD monitor being built and I don't know what is going to happen  to
>> the Arcade business if there is no more LCD or CRT ,as we don't
>> expect to get any more till November or December , I never said we do
>> not have any More I also told you have have repair parts for these, I
>> NEVER said parts laying around  , we have brand new driver boards for
>> these  just in case someone has an issue or a power surge and it
>> takes out one ...we carry these as a courtesy  to help our customers
>> out .. I did tell you that I could not look at it there and send it
>> back and I would take care of it ... I am so you sold you monitor be
>> we did not make you do that ... Now from the e-mil threads I have
>> read  you have sent to Mike , you have Cursed him , threaten  to bad
>> mouth My company on the forms and threaten  to call Visa on us.... I
>> told you I would take care of it and I will ...We respect you as a
>> customer  please respect us..... Andrew
>>
>>
>>     On 8/16/2012 10:40 PM, Chris Snow wrote:
>>> Ok Mike, I am upset and took it out on you - I apologize.  I sold a perfectly good monitor out of my cabinet to replace it with this LCD one.  Now, I have a mint cabinet with no screen sitting in my game room.  Andrew said there were none of these monitors left when I called him last night.  He said he had plenty of parts laying around but there would be no replacements available until December at the earliest.  I don't want parts that are laying around being used in a monitor that should be new.  Now you are telling me there are two monitors left.  Which one is it?  Are you going to hold one of these monitors until you get mine back?  If you can send me a new monitor, then do so.
>>>
>>> Chris
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Andrew Dent [mailto:sales@twistedquarter.com]
>>> Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:27 PM
>>> To: Chris Snow
>>> Subject: Re: Message from TwistedQuarter
>>>
>>> Chris , What was  told to you was There are no more left for sale in
>>> the country  that there is a shortage on the LCDS Andrew  did not
>>> tell you we didnt  have any more I was sitting next to him when he
>>> was talking to you ...we  have 2 more of those and 15 wells gardner ones .
>>> and that is all there is , You are welcome to post any thoughts you
>>> have about the company on the web or forms it is a free county ,  If
>>> when you had called  if you said you wanted  to return it for a
>>> refund we would of told you the same thing .... If you would like to
>>> have Visa handle this that is fine again it is your choice , but
>>> doing a charge back will make the monitor sit here for 30-45 days
>>> will the investigate  the claim and the policy clearly states what
>>> the return policy is ...We are not trying to be hard  we offered to
>>> repair or replace it for you and you were fine with that ,  So would
>>> you like us to look at it  or would you like to have Visa do a
>>> charge back LET us Know which you prefer ...MIKE
>>>
>>>
>>> On 8/16/2012 10:17 PM, Chris Snow wrote:
>>>> No problem, I will let Visa deal with you.  You have no choice but to open any item that is shipped in a box.  I have been a  network engineer for 15 years so I have a ton of experience with monitors and computers.  Your monitor is dead.  How are you going to exchange it when you told me there were none left in the country.  I will just post my thoughts on you and your company on the forums.
>>>>
>>>> Chris
>>>>
>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>> From: Andrew Dent [mailto:sales@twistedquarter.com]
>>>> Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:13 PM
>>>> To: Chris Snow
>>>> Subject: Re: Message from TwistedQuarter
>>>>
>>>> Chris , PLEASE DO NOT USE THAT KIND OF LANGUAGE WITH ME > In no way was I rude or valguar with you ... Once we have the Monitor here it will be looked at < I just called Andrew the owner  and he said you were fully aware it was the be repaired  or replaced and sent back to you ... Once a electronic item is sold it is only repairable or exchanged if it not repairable ...That is the policy .. We appreciate you being a return customer  but in no way does that change the policy set in place ...
>>>> Once it is back we will look at the monitor and  get back with you
>>>> ....MIKE
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 8/16/2012 10:04 PM, Chris Snow wrote:
>>>>> Your return policy states if the electronics is installed.  This was not installed as it was broken.  Please don't be a dick about this.  I am a return customer and you sent me a broken monitor.
>>>>>
>>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>>> From: Andrew Dent [mailto:sales@twistedquarter.com]
>>>>> Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:03 PM
>>>>> To: Chris Snow
>>>>> Subject: Re: Message from TwistedQuarter
>>>>>
>>>>> Good Evening , Once we get the monitor back we will take a look at it and if there is a problem we will have the driver board replaced and will send it back to you ... Unfortunately  we do not do refund on electronic items only repairs or exchanges  (please refer to our shipping and returns policy ) we will also cover the 28.04 in return postage if it indeed defective ...
>>>>>
>>>>> Mike ,
>>>>> Twisted Quarter
>>>>>        On 8/16/2012 6:43 PM, Christopher Snow wrote:
>>>>>> From:     Christopher Snow
>>>>>> Email:    csnow@aviatnet.com
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Andrew,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> The 26" monitor was shipped back today via FedEx, tracking number
>>>>>> 807422215090358.  Per your suggestion, I removed the back panel
>>>>>> and verified that the VGA PCB was secure and that all the
>>>>>> connectors were tight.  The monitor doesnt display "No Signal" when powered on.
>>>>>> When it is connected to the PC, the control board light is green
>>>>>> after you press the auto sync but there is no output to the monitor.
>>>>>> I swapped cables and tried a couple different resolutions listed
>>>>>> in the manual, but no joy.  I moved the cable over to my computer monitor and it the display was fine on my PC monitor.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Based on the fact that these aren't going to be available
>>>>>> anymore, I think I will just take a refund.  Having a bad one
>>>>>> from the start does not instill a lot of confidence in my
>>>>>> purchase and if I have problems, getting parts or repairs will be
>>>>>> next to impossible.  I am just going to re-frame my cabinet and put a computer LCD in there and move on.
>>>>>> Once you verify that it is in deed defective, I would appreciate
>>>>>> it if you could refund the shipping which was $28.04.  I will
>>>>>> just keep the bezel and mount since it will cost almost as much
>>>>>> to ship those back as it cost outright.  I might be able to use
>>>>>> the bezel with the other monitor.  I am loving the 19" monitor I
>>>>>> bought from you.  Got it installed and it is fabulous.  I will be
>>>>>> ordering some more joysticks from you once I get this machine back in working order.
>>>>>> Once I bought the 26" LCD from you, I sold the working 25" CRT
>>>>>> monitor out of the cabinet :(
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Chris
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Office Use Only:
>>>>>> From:     Christopher Snow
>>>>>> Email:    csnow@aviatnet.com
>>>>>> Login Name:       Not logged in
>>>>>> Login Email:      Not logged in
>>>>>> IP Address:       50.84.65.69 - 50.84.65.69
>>>>>> Host Address:     rrcs-50-84-65-69.sw.biz.rr.com
>>>>>> Date and Time:    Thu Aug 16 2012 16:43:49 MDT
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:19:33 pm by csnow »

Unstupid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2021, 08:46:34 am
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2012, 04:28:25 pm »
His trackball plates are still like $20 shipped for a piece of metal with a hole in it.   :P

His trackball plates ate $7 and they initially charge you $13 for shipping, but after they ship it they'll refund you the difference of what it actually costs to ship it.  Also I'd highly recommend you going this route because we all know what happens when you try and drill something yourself! ;)

But if you want to compare prices check out this coin accepter that I purchased from Happ http://na.suzohapp.com/coindoors/40150000.htm I later ran across the same ones at Twisted Quarter for 1/3 the price http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_57&products_id=319 which I ended up buying 3 more from TQ!  BTW here is one of my recent receipts showing the shipping credit:

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2012, 04:47:13 pm »
Quoting prices from Happs is irrelevant since we all know to get them from Divemaster127 at better prices and cheaper shipping.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2012, 06:08:45 pm »
   #1, Csnow:  Sounds to me by those Emails you would have gotten it back fixed, There was as warranty involved too right?...This does have the
                      sound of buyers remorse.
   #2, PBJ    :   How on earth can you possibly have issues with every vendor on the planet. I have dealt with everyone you have pooed, and NEVER
                      have I had any of the problems you describe....What is it cost? What they charge too much?, What the whole world is out to get you?
                      Please, Jennifer needs to know.
    #3, T/C   :   Thank you for the GOOD service, and parts you provide, We need more people doing what you do so we can build these games.

#4, Saint:   This whole thread belongs in the "Post Hell" Because its just ridiculous.

csnow

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2012, 07:03:10 pm »
   #1, Csnow:  Sounds to me by those Emails you would have gotten it back fixed, There was as warranty involved too right?...This does have the
                      sound of buyers remorse.
   #2, PBJ    :   How on earth can you possibly have issues with every vendor on the planet. I have dealt with everyone you have pooed, and NEVER
                      have I had any of the problems you describe....What is it cost? What they charge too much?, What the whole world is out to get you?
                      Please, Jennifer needs to know.
    #3, T/C   :   Thank you for the GOOD service, and parts you provide, We need more people doing what you do so we can build these games.

#4, Saint:   This whole thread belongs in the "Post Hell" Because its just ridiculous.

I have already stated that after I received a dead monitor I didnt want a repaired model.   I didnt want one that was repaired with spare parts that are sitting on a shelf.  Is that buyer's remorse?  I dont think so.  Buyer's remorse is when you buy something and change your mind.  If I had been sent a functioning monitor we wouldnt be having this conversation.  If I was offered another brand new monitor we wouldnt be having this conversation.  I was offered a repair on an item that is no longer being manufactured.  Now, we are having this conversation. 

So you go into Best Buy and buy a TV.  You take it home and its broke.  You take it back and the kid at the counter says sorry they discontinued that model and there wont be any more.  But hold on, let me run to the back and grab another flux capacitor that I have spares of because I knew there would be problems with this model so I bought extras just in case. 

Would you take the repair?  No, you would either get another new TV of the same model, a refund, or a different model.  All you people dealing with buttons, coin exchangers, and all the other $25 items haven't a clue.  Go drop $500 on a dud and then come and talk to me.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2012, 08:33:10 pm »
    *  Did you Really think non working items are not repaired at the factory and shipped as new?
    *  Did you really expect TC to check your monitor before he shipped it?  Wal- mart wont even do that.
    *  Did you really expect him not to want to check the monitor for either defects in workmanship or your negligence?
    *  Did you really expect him not to fix it at his discretion under the terms of the warranty and HIS return policy?
    *  Did you really think CRT"s are not being discontinued because of their very nature and environmental impact?
    *  Did you really expect spending 500 dollars really puts you in the upper crust of society? ...Giggle...
        Jennifer will spend that on getting her nails done....And bloomers.
    *  So yes, I believe you bought something and changed your mind.
    *  Jennifer has left the building!!!

csnow

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2012, 09:57:23 pm »
    *  Did you Really think non working items are not repaired at the factory and shipped as new? 
    *  Did you really expect TC to check your monitor before he shipped it?  Wal- mart wont even do that.
    *  Did you really expect him not to want to check the monitor for either defects in workmanship or your negligence?
    *  Did you really expect him not to fix it at his discretion under the terms of the warranty and HIS return policy?
    *  Did you really think CRT"s are not being discontinued because of their very nature and environmental impact?
    *  Did you really expect spending 500 dollars really puts you in the upper crust of society? ...Giggle...
        Jennifer will spend that on getting her nails done....And bloomers.
    *  So yes, I believe you bought something and changed your mind.
    *  Jennifer has left the building!!!

1- Yes - Legitimate companies would never re-brand refurbished hardware and sell it as new.  How much experience do you have with quality control, manufacturing, ISO compliance/standards/metrics, etc?  By that statement, you appear to have very little.  Your an idiot if you actually think that or just ignorant. 

2 - Some guy selling arcade parts out of his house in Florida is a far cry from Wal-Mart.  I can return a broken TV to Wal-Mart 7 days a week.  What is your point?  By the way, you dont stock up on spare parts unless the stuff you are selling has been suspect in the past.

3 - I agree with you.  He should inspect the damaged merchandise prior to refund or exchange.  He has already confirmed that the monitor was defective.  Once again, what is your point?

4 - I expected him to tell me that this was a nonrefundable item at the time of purchase.  This was a phone order, not a website purchase.  I mentioned that already.

5 - What does that have to do with anything?  CRTs are EOL due to their lack of resolution, display format, size, and manufacturing costs.  This LCD was EOL for lack of supply/demand or because it has a high failure/return rate.  Go hug some other tree that is relevant to this conversation.

6- Do you know anything about my financial status?  I can assure that I am in the upper crust but what does that have to do with anything?  I worked hard for what I have, and I wont piss away $500 regardless of what percentage it is of my net worth or annual earnings. 

7 - I agree with you.  I must commend you on your absolute grasp of the obvious  :applaud:
I have only said this over and over again.  Yes, I changed my mind.  I bought an arcade monitor and received a broken one.  I then found out it was an EOL product and that it would be repaired and not replaced with a new one.  This wasn't like I had the monitor for a couple of months and then it died.  So yeah, I bought something that was broke, found out there weren't anymore being made, so I changed my mind.  Lets not forget, this is the second monitor I purchased from TQ.  The first one worked - no problem.  The second one was dead and EOL - problem.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:37:16 am by saint »

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2012, 07:37:24 am »
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:39:58 am by HaRuMaN »
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2012, 02:41:07 pm »
I've dealt with many suppliers and had no issues.  I've always found what I needed from Twisted Quarter elsewhere for less and if I've ordered from him I've got no recollection of it (been doing this awhile).

Saint - are you ever going to reveal who's posting as Jennifer?

:cheers:
Ok Jim, I will accept that, nothing wrong with shopping around...I know who Jennifer is not, She is not affiliated in any way with TC or any
        other vendor. She is not someone who will just sit by and watch injustices being done to the undeserving. She is not (most importantly)  PBJ.

csnow

• Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2012, 04:46:25 pm »
It is TQ, not TC but whatever.  I thought you left the building?  Did you get lost and ended up back here?

This thread was already cleaned up once by an admin.  Go save the whales, the trees, or whatever injustice you want somewhere else.  You love TQ, you exchange Christmas cards, you wish he will send candy treats in your order  :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: - I get it. 

I am sure others love him as well.  I don't and until I either get another monitor or my money back, there is an unresolved issue.  Go sprinkle your ferry dust elsewhere

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2012, 05:26:45 pm »
    Your issue has been resolved...You have all but said that, It"s YOU who has made this a thing. There is a hold on your monitor and payment
until this is cleared up, Minus the cost of the parts you didn't return....Go read your own posts. You caused this whole mess.
    Now for some kid who probably had to skip a few lunches to buy those 25.00 parts, and he/she doesn't have a clue. That is just flat out
arrogance on your part...Their order is just as important as yours.
    For me being a tree hugger, No idea where your going with that. Crt"s are simply not as green as a flat screen....They are being discontinued.
What did you expect....Life long service on a discontinued item?
    Now that brings me To why not get the new flux capacitor, if that's the problem...Its NO big deal...Its still a new monitor, just one that is working.

So, In conclusion, Jen Sprinkles you with yet more fairy dust!

csnow

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2012, 07:27:41 pm »
Reading Comprehension > Jennifer

Someone get me a fly swatter already....
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:46:57 pm by csnow »

emb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2018, 02:01:19 pm
    • Don Honerbrink
Twisted Quarter - Buyer Beware
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2012, 12:06:18 am »
Where's Doc Brown?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knievel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 10, 2016, 10:29:09 pm
  • Who's up for a game of Stunt Cycle??
    • Knievel Kustoms
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2012, 10:45:35 am »
Not commenting on your situation but I would like to say Andrew has been one of the best suppliers I've dealt with.
I've purchased parts from him since the beginning and have always had excellent service. Even spoke with him on a few occasions.

His prices are good, he ships within a day or two and if you have a question or an issue you can call him up.

capsule

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 22, 2013, 12:05:13 pm
    • caps:arcade
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2012, 06:23:20 pm »
Well, they don't really want to help the customers or future customers I think...

I wanted to buy 2 WG coin reject buttons at 5$ each.
Shipping costs to Belgium: 42$. WTF?

Ask them if I could get a better offer on the shipping (I've already bought stuff from the US with only like 10 or 15$ shipping, and don't tell me reject buttons are heavy or big...).

Quoted reply:
"Sorry international shipping is very expensive , and we do not set the prices. You might want to find someone in your country that has these ....andrew "

Yeah, thanks, there's a reason I have to order them in the US: I can't find them in Belgium, and YES, you could find cheaper international shipping if you really wanted to.

Steve248

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 18, 2013, 06:24:13 am
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2012, 05:44:08 am »
I ve been selling professionally on the internet for nearly 6 years, something like 200 parcels a day and nearly everyone is over the moon with the service.

However, when someone is upset it is always because of one of the following problems.

Postage charges (We subsidise the cost of all delivery charges but whenever we are asked to send an item abroad it always upsets the customer when we tell them the cost, like we are trying to make money out of it???)

Courier problems (Such as the customer is never home to take delivery of the parcel or the courier damages or loses it.)

Buyers remorse (This is the one which always creates the most passionate response from the customer, we try very hard to give the customer what they want, they are always welcome to return an item for a full refund but on the condition that the item is "as new", if it is not then it becomes landfill, we do not have time to refurbish items and list them on Ebay as a second, or open box etc. However, at least 60%+ of the time it comes back in a real mess. We explained very clearly how the item needs to come back and why and despite that, most items come back only in a state for the rubbish tip.

This is when it kicks off with the customer every time. We explain calmly and professionally that our margins are very small and all we ask is that you return the item that you have decided you do not want after all, in the same condition you received it but that is always when the threats of forums, chargebacks etc etc start.

Basically we tell the customer something they do not want to hear and they refuse to accept it and will go to almost any length to get their own way. It reminds me of my children.

In the twisted quarter case it sounds exactly the same. I am sorry to say it as $500 is a lot of money, however, it is a lot of money for twisted quarter as well and if it has been sent back incomplete how much money is it going to cost him? It sounds like a completely typical buyers remorse situation, you were offered a very professional resolution which you refused because you changed your mind, it is irrelevant that you feel you have a good reason (non supported item).

As an additional point, what we do if we receive an item back that is not as new we offer the customer the option of having the item back and pay the carriage ourselves. This is expensive for us and not our fault but we do feel that we have to offer a way out for the customer so we can end it as happily as possible.

One time I got a camping gas cooker, 2 burners and grill back from a customer who said it did not work, simply as that. The item was returned in a carrier bag, smashed to pieces, couriers are not very careful, box, instructions etc, all missing. When I opened the bag and poured our the pieces onto the floor I found it was cover from op o bottom with grease and food, it was absolutely disgusting. Despite this, I attached it to a gas cylinder and it worked perfectly! I explained that the item was seriously damaged in transit because it was not packed properly, as requested. I also explained that even for health reasons it is really inappropriate to send an item back covered in rotting food and grease. Never mind basic decency. I forgot to say that the item was clearly described to us as having never worked, it ruined their holiday because they failed to make it work from the start. So why was it covered in grease and food? At this point I have never before or after been faced with such a torrent of abuse. I had to hang up eventually as I could not speak. Eventually her husband called and explained what a terrible company we were and we should shut up shop now. After he calmed down a bit I explained our policies and what it was that we received back, it seems he had no idea the state in which it was sent back, he didn't believe it at first but we parted the conversion fairly well and I never heard from either of them again.

We get something like 1 problem in 100 orders and 1 out of 10 of those, so 1 in a thousand orders, get out of hand, with threats legal action, forum trashing etc etc. Unfortunately 1 in a thousand is still one a week. I personally think there is nothing we can do about it, you just cannot please everyone if you want to be fair to the majority and make a small profit.

I have no problem with buyers remorse. I think all of our customers should have the right to change their mind if it is not quite what they wanted. However, they should not make me pay for their choice and at the end of the day, make our other customers pay for their choices. If you want to send it back, send it back in the same condition you received it and pay the postage yourself. Unfortunately, knowing our policies, some customers create scenarios to avoid paying the costs themselves. (The vast majority of our customers are brilliant and completely honest)

The last post was complaining about postage cost to Belgium. What do you think he is doing, trying to make a huge profit on postage to you? We get this all the time from potential customers from abroad. We get a request, put the weight and dimensions in our software for the couriers we use, get a number, send it to the customer and then 50% of the time get told we are trying to rip them off??? We make very small margins and if we did not charge something close to the real cost (Not counting staff costs and packaging materials) then we would lose money selling them the item. You may well have had stuff from the US much cheaper before but I am absolutely certain that they are just giving you the price that it costs them. The response "Sorry international shipping is very expensive , and we do not set the prices. You might want to find someone in your country that has these ....andrew " is perfect. What more could you ask for? It just is not want you want to hear...

Wow, have I gone on and on. I really hope everyone gets some kind of resolution from this.

capsule

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 22, 2013, 12:05:13 pm
    • caps:arcade
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2012, 09:13:02 pm »

The last post was complaining about postage cost to Belgium. What do you think he is doing, trying to make a huge profit on postage to you? We get this all the time from potential customers from abroad. We get a request, put the weight and dimensions in our software for the couriers we use, get a number, send it to the customer and then 50% of the time get told we are trying to rip them off??? We make very small margins and if we did not charge something close to the real cost (Not counting staff costs and packaging materials) then we would lose money selling them the item. You may well have had stuff from the US much cheaper before but I am absolutely certain that they are just giving you the price that it costs them. The response "Sorry international shipping is very expensive , and we do not set the prices. You might want to find someone in your country that has these ....andrew " is perfect. What more could you ask for? It just is not want you want to hear...

Wow, have I gone on and on. I really hope everyone gets some kind of resolution from this.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't assume anything about them trying to rip me off, I just know for sure the items I wanted to order could have been sent cheaper with a little bit of research but right, it's probably not worth the effort for a 10$ order.

Banacek

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2017, 05:01:31 pm
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2013, 10:23:09 pm »
Placed an order from Twisted Quarter on Sunday night, got it at my house today. Exactly what I ordered. Thanks!

Dekieon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2017, 04:04:14 pm
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2013, 03:04:34 pm »
I was planning on placing an order with Twisted Quarter for some T-molding and I spotted this thread and figured I had better read it.

I read every post and I appreciate that you posted the emails...In my opinion Twisted Quarter conducted themselves professionally. I don't see any problem here, other then that you wanted something outside of their policies, and when you didn't get it, you got upset and said something that made the whole situation worse.

I do understand how you feel and i may feel the same way had I spent that much money, but looking at it from outside the situation, I feel that twisted quarter wasn't in the wrong. They were willing to cover the cost of shipping, which likely would have taken a big bite out of their profit, possible even negate the profit to make you happy. They are a small company and they can't afford to eat those costs like a big company can.

After this post I can say that Twisted Quarter conducted themselves professionally and I will still be ordering my T-Molding from them.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2013, 03:29:15 pm »
I placed an order this past Wednesday and had it by Saturday. I'll continue to order TQ without hesitation.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Heretik

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2021, 10:30:26 pm
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2013, 11:11:01 am »
I, too, have made several purchases with Twisted Quarter. I've purchased items from their eBay auctions as well as their website and never had any problems whatsoever. They've even given me partial refunds on shipping when charged in excess of the actual shipping cost. A+ in my book.

csnow

• Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2013, 09:36:05 pm »
Been gone a long time.  Glad all of you are happy with TQ  :applaud:
Bank investigation awarded me my full refund awhile back.  Case is closed.

mcseforsale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 18, 2023, 08:49:34 am
  • Creepy Mario Dude
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2013, 11:10:23 pm »
Retail sucks.  It ruins hobbies.

AJ

Dekieon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2017, 04:04:14 pm
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2013, 02:02:10 am »
Well I placed that order for T-Molding from twistedquarter and I am very pleased with the service so far.

Not only was the order filled in a timely manner, but the shipping was less then what I paid, and they refunded the difference to me. I never would have known that I over paid in shipping, and they could have easily just kept the extra but they refunded it anyways. This says a lot about the integrity of this company.

I am a very happy customer, and will do business with them again in the future.

DLinkOZ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2017, 08:12:46 am
    • The DaveCade
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2013, 01:35:17 pm »
I purchased a cap kit from them via eBay.  Everything was smooth and quick.  Found that one of the caps was the wrong value (decimal in the wrong place, it was 330uf instead of 3.3uf) and voltage only half of what was required.  Since it was an eBay auction, I sent them a note via eBay.  Nearly a week later and not a single response.  So my take is transactions are quick and easy, but customer service may be lacking a bit.  Recapped my monitor without replacing that single cap.  Everything works fine, but I really would have preferred a full rebuild since I had it all cracked open.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2013, 02:40:35 pm »
I purchased a cap kit from them via eBay.  Everything was smooth and quick.  Found that one of the caps was the wrong value (decimal in the wrong place, it was 330uf instead of 3.3uf) and voltage only half of what was required.  Since it was an eBay auction, I sent them a note via eBay.  Nearly a week later and not a single response.  So my take is transactions are quick and easy, but customer service may be lacking a bit.  Recapped my monitor without replacing that single cap.  Everything works fine, but I really would have preferred a full rebuild since I had it all cracked open.

I would have emailed them directly. I had an order where a speaker was missing. They responded the next day. They asked me to check the packaging. I did, it wasn't there. They sent me a replacement, no questions asked.

DLinkOZ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2017, 08:12:46 am
    • The DaveCade
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2013, 03:09:19 pm »
It was an eBay transaction, and eBay is very particular about their customers communicating outside of their official methods.  Had I been someone who did not know that they have an actual website, it would have been the only method of communication, anyway.  So the point of no response stands.  That said, I'd probably order again for a good price on a simple product where I was 95% sure it would be a slam dunk with no need for post-purchase communication.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2013, 03:18:43 pm »
Fair enough. Ebay's rules are pretty clear.

Gray_Area

• -Banned-
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2013, 06:52:30 pm
  • -Banned-
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2013, 04:05:05 pm »
---fudgesicle--- Ebay, yo. Now, I asked on there about a monitor bezel and I got a quick response. But if I hadn't heard back and been really interested, or been in your position, I wouldn'tve waited like a school boy.
-Banned-

mcseforsale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 18, 2023, 08:49:34 am
  • Creepy Mario Dude
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2013, 02:32:42 pm »
Can we kill this witch hunt yet?  I've ordered from Twisted (I think...who can remember) and I never had a problem.  Some x-actions just don't happen the way we want them to and $$ makes emotions hot.

It's a tie.

Squash the beef.

AJ

ebarlow99

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2013, 01:12:40 pm »
I, too, have made several purchases with Twisted Quarter. I've purchased items from their eBay auctions as well as their website and never had any problems whatsoever. They've even given me partial refunds on shipping when charged in excess of the actual shipping cost. A+ in my book.

+1

stavros693000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 14, 2022, 05:33:15 pm
  • I built my own arcade machine
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2013, 01:25:02 pm »
 ???
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:34:18 pm by stavros693000 »
my first build classic style upright cabinet..... MARVELOUS FIGHTER (FINISHED) http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,133066.0.html

stavros693000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 14, 2022, 05:33:15 pm
  • I built my own arcade machine
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2013, 01:40:58 pm »
I was planning on placing an order with Twisted Quarter for some T-molding and I spotted this thread and figured I had better read it.

I read every post and I appreciate that you posted the emails...In my opinion Twisted Quarter conducted themselves professionally. I don't see any problem here, other then that you wanted something outside of their policies, and when you didn't get it, you got upset and said something that made the whole situation worse.

I do understand how you feel and i may feel the same way had I spent that much money, but looking at it from outside the situation, I feel that twisted quarter wasn't in the wrong. They were willing to cover the cost of shipping, which likely would have taken a big bite out of their profit, possible even negate the profit to make you happy. They are a small company and they can't afford to eat those costs like a big company can.

there nothing wrong with wanting a refund when you get a dud right off the bat, I would want the same.

and as for them acting professionally what about TQ telling him he couldn't have a return because the package had been opened/installed.........
After this post I can say that Twisted Quarter conducted themselves professionally and I will still be ordering my T-Molding from them.

there nothing wrong with wanting a refund when you get a dud right off the bat, I would want the same.

and as for them acting professionally what about TQ telling him he couldn't have a return because the package had been opened/installed.........how else are you suppose to find out if it works ???  most of what Andrew said was exaggerated or all out BS...............the email transcript proves it.

im just glad this wasn't me................very unfortunate

ps........... spent an hour reading thread so thought I would give my opinion and test some posting fonts ;D
you wont see me again here :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
my first build classic style upright cabinet..... MARVELOUS FIGHTER (FINISHED) http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,133066.0.html

Mattg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2020, 11:58:45 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2020, 11:58:45 am »
I have had an issue with them as well.  I bought a power supply off ebay from twisted quarters.  First time I ever used ebay.  The power supply blew up. I contacted twisted quarters and was told if I sent it to them they would repair it for free. I sent it to them and when I did not hear from them for two weeks I contacted them.  I was told it was my fault and they refused to fix it for free and I would have to pay for it. I reminded him that he offered to fix it for free so I would not have a bad experience my first time using Ebay.  He was very rude and told me it was not going to happen. I told him to just return it. He then told me I had to pay $25 for return shipping.   He was a real jerk and did not care.. The whole thing seemed like a scam.    I finally took my arcade into a repair shop and was told the whole thing was fried. the board is not longer usable . Thanks to twisted quarters my whole arcade is trash. I am done using ebay and I will never  buy from twisted quarters again.  They should not be trusted and no one should ever use them.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2020, 02:03:38 am »
I have had an issue with them as well.  I bought a power supply off ebay from twisted quarters.  First time I ever used ebay.  The power supply blew up. I contacted twisted quarters and was told if I sent it to them they would repair it for free. I sent it to them and when I did not hear from them for two weeks I contacted them.  I was told it was my fault and they refused to fix it for free and I would have to pay for it. I reminded him that he offered to fix it for free so I would not have a bad experience my first time using Ebay.  He was very rude and told me it was not going to happen. I told him to just return it. He then told me I had to pay $25 for return shipping.   He was a real jerk and did not care.. The whole thing seemed like a scam.    I finally took my arcade into a repair shop and was told the whole thing was fried. the board is not longer usable . Thanks to twisted quarters my whole arcade is trash. I am done using ebay and I will never  buy from twisted quarters again.  They should not be trusted and no one should ever use them.
So did you wire the power supply incorrectly? Because if you did, that would probably fry everything. What happened?