Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The current status of Ram Controls:  (Read 116033 times)

drawfull

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2012, 09:30:14 am
Re: The current status of Ram Controls:
« Reply #520 on: August 30, 2011, 03:47:50 pm »
Touche

:)

JMB

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 20, 2023, 07:29:22 pm
« Reply #521 on: August 30, 2011, 04:16:19 pm »
Erm, not happy at the insinuation. Unless I misunderstood.

But that cab has nothing to do with RC.

I can't post where I am getting it from, or the rest of the stuff that I am getting, but using my picture in this thread is out of order.

A

Relax. You just happened to have a pic of a mint cab handy.

drawfull

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2012, 09:30:14 am
« Reply #522 on: August 30, 2011, 04:35:15 pm »
Ya, I know, implied and all that.

Anyway, I don't care. I know it ain't me :)

:cheers:

rikitiki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2020, 01:17:35 pm
    • Custom Arcade Game Printing
« Reply #523 on: August 30, 2011, 04:56:38 pm »
girls girls your both pretty.

For the record, I really hate that SNL bit. Really.
 ;)

PS: Still no link to his Ebay Power seller account.
PPS: Still no photos of the inventory he acquired.

LOL
yeah the 2 most important things that could help justify some of his claims
continue to go unanswered...wonder why that would be? :dunno
Saving the Planet one Game at a time.

www.ThisOldGame.com

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #524 on: August 31, 2011, 04:11:00 pm »
Jesus... really Dan,  er,  I mean Jim?   You're now trying the "I was just a dumbass who didn't know ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---" angle again?   REALLY?  Well guess what Dan,  er... uh...I mean Jim... no one is buying it.

Yours and Dave,  er,  um,  Adam's ---steaming pile of meadow muffin----slingin' days are over. 

Only the occasional sucker/newb is going to buy your story.

Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

spoot

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2015, 10:36:18 am
  • Destroyer of electronics
« Reply #525 on: August 31, 2011, 09:53:33 pm »
Jesus... really Dan,  er,  I mean Jim?   You're now trying the "I was just a dumbass who didn't know ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---" angle again?   REALLY?  Well guess what Dan,  er... uh...I mean Jim... no one is buying it.

Yours and Dave,  er,  um,  Adam's ---steaming pile of meadow muffin----slingin' days are over. 

Only the occasional sucker/newb is going to buy your story.

Dammit Friz.....where is your cape?  But yeah.......wow. popcorn. 

Rick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
« Reply #526 on: September 08, 2011, 01:30:06 am »
I'm going to wager Jim is sorry he ever got involved with any of this.  I'm also going to wager those people that are actually getting things from him are surprised as hell.  I've read everything in this thread, and then, I found the (presently) 111 pages over at KLOV.  I don't think I have the heart to read on.  I don't have a need for a Star Wars yoke, but might like one in the future, as I really love the stand-up SW cab I read about in anothe thread.  As it is, I'm not going to tell anybody where I would buy one, as I value being a Member of the Community and since we're so split on this, I'm not going on anybody's ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- list.

...well, unless someone has a "Hey, this guy is gutless! I'm putting him on my list!" ... err ... list.

;D

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #527 on: September 08, 2011, 12:33:50 pm »
I'm going to wager Jim is sorry he ever got involved with any of this. 

He's been involved from the beginning.  Keep up!

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #528 on: September 08, 2011, 12:55:44 pm »

I read that he's somehow involved with taking over operations - not that he was involved with Dave from the beginning of the issues.  Am I incorrect?

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #529 on: September 08, 2011, 01:26:17 pm »

I read that he's somehow involved with taking over operations - not that he was involved with Dave from the beginning of the issues.  Am I incorrect?

You'll have to read the book.  (at KLOV)

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #530 on: September 08, 2011, 01:33:05 pm »

Yes... you are incorrect.  Jim Bloomquist has been attached to RAM CONTROLS since at least 2006.

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #531 on: September 08, 2011, 02:10:39 pm »
Yes... you are incorrect.  Jim Bloomquist has been attached to RAM CONTROLS since at least 2006.

I stand corrected.  Please accept my apology.  I read this thread really, really, really late last night.  Some of the words undoubtedly blurred together.

So, Jim gets a "Tip o' The Hat" for at least coming forward and doing something positive - credits, getting people stuff, etc - that seems to be proven by a minimal number of people in this thread, and a "Wag o' The Finger" for the deceptive nature of ... well, everything else.

Damn, and I really, really wanted to think happy thoughts about this today.  GDI.

SuprSprint

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2012, 04:51:24 pm
    • OdorDestroyer.com
Re: Re: The current status of Ram Controls:
« Reply #532 on: September 08, 2011, 02:34:50 pm »
You need to go read the KLOV thread. Jim deserves a hell of a lot more than a wag of the finger.  Adam/Dave still works at RAM and Jim has been funneling him thousands of dollars while lying to everyone here about it. Jim deserves a permanent ban....
--------------------------
My Machines - Golden Tee '97, MK MAME conversion, Super Sprint project
My Business - OdorDestroyer.com

Rick

• Offline Offline
Re: Re: The current status of Ram Controls:
« Reply #533 on: September 08, 2011, 02:40:05 pm »
You need to go read the KLOV thread. Jim deserves a hell of a lot more than a wag of the finger.

Oh, I didn't mention which finger, did I?

Adam/Dave still works at RAM and Jim has been funneling him thousands of dollars while lying to everyone here about it. Jim deserves a permanent ban....

I might tend to disagree on the ban.  The lying, sure.  That's really, really ---smurfy---.  Would I purchase anything from RAM knowing this information now?  No.  I'm not that type of person.  There are, however, people online who do seem to be benefiting from Jim somewhat, whether that be through credits or getting their orders - whatever.  Banning Jim could remove the only line of communication people who have been cheated from getting any remuneration.  I would definitely go with banning offers of new business until past issues have been settled, that's for certain.

I really wanted a white knight on this one.  Sad to see it's come around to this, once again.

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2024, 12:00:13 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #534 on: September 08, 2011, 02:40:21 pm »
So, Jim gets a "Tip o' The Hat" for at least coming forward and doing something positive - credits, getting people stuff, etc - that seems to be proven by a minimal number of people in this thread, and a "Wag o' The Finger" for the deceptive nature of ... well, everything else.
Dude, don't even give him credit for that. It's part of any con-man's MO to ingratiate himself with the marks. Dave Adams, or whatever his real name is did the same by offering free parts and sales. (Parts he likely didn't even pay for, now that it's been revealed some Chinese companies were ripped off). Just use this site's search for threads by "DavieA", keywords "sale" and "free".

Don't be naive.
NO MORE!!

SuprSprint

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2012, 04:51:24 pm
    • OdorDestroyer.com
Re: Re: Re: Re: The current status of Ram Controls:
« Reply #535 on: September 08, 2011, 07:54:37 pm »
There are, however, people online who do seem to be benefiting from Jim somewhat, whether that be through credits or getting their orders - whatever.

People are getting trinkets while Adam/Dave gets thousands.  I'll take that deal all day long. Send me your PayPal login/password and tell me where to ship your "free" buttons. I'll even toss in a new trackball!

Banning Jim could remove the only line of communication people who have been cheated from getting any remuneration.

No, he still has his website, email, and phone. And he could post a nice page informing victims how to file for compensation.  But he has not, and will not, because the compensation flowing is nothing but a loss leader for future "sales".  Banning him simply cuts off one of his largest sources of referrals.

I would definitely go with banning offers of new business until past issues have been settled, that's for certain.

Because if he pays off *this* batch of victims, it's all cool? I think not...  RAM has *decades* of catching up, then they will have elevated to the level of "not in debt scumbag". And why would you deal with a scumbag???

Sorry Rick, we disagree. RAM needs to go away forever.
--------------------------
My Machines - Golden Tee '97, MK MAME conversion, Super Sprint project
My Business - OdorDestroyer.com

Rick

• Offline Offline
Re: Re: Re: Re: The current status of Ram Controls:
« Reply #536 on: September 08, 2011, 08:00:27 pm »
No, he still has his website, email, and phone. And he could post a nice page informing victims how to file for compensation.  But he has not, and will not, because the compensation flowing is nothing but a loss leader for future "sales".  Banning him simply cuts off one of his largest sources of referrals.

That's a good point.

Because if he pays off *this* batch of victims, it's all cool? I think not...  RAM has *decades* of catching up, then they will have elevated to the level of "not in debt scumbag". And why would you deal with a scumbag???

Sorry Rick, we disagree. RAM needs to go away forever.

Damn, and I so didn't want to be swayed so easily.  You caught me on a good day, it seems!  Let me jump on your collective bandwagon.  (I'll be that calm, not-so-abrupt guy, but will still support your position.)

Cheers.

TPB

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2021, 09:12:52 pm
« Reply #537 on: September 10, 2011, 11:51:37 am »

Don't be naive.

It's funny the way the tide can turn.  Just like politicians and opinion polls, I guess.  A President can be loved by the people at a certain point in time, but despised by those same people a few years down the track.

There was once a day when none less than Saint himself, defended Dave's integrity (perhaps that's wording it too strongly ... although he certainly preferred to give him the benefit of the doubt), and deemed him to be a personal friend.  You probably can't retrieve these posts from the search history, as they were relegated to Post Hell.

In those days, all the pre-order folks, Havok especially, valiantly defended Dave's honour.  Mind you, Havok's personal faith in Dave was richly rewarded, as he received his Star Wars yoke, user manual and all.

Roll forward to the present ... I understand that Saint's now of a different mindset, since more facts have came to light.  The fact he's stickied this post, is testament to that.  And full credit to him for that.

I don't know quite what's brought about the community's change of mindset, as I'm not intimately familiar with the last couple of years of history that's occurred in this matter.

I guess my point is, Rick isn't the first person to want to believe that something good can come out of RAM Controls.  He shouldn't be written off as naive.  Good on him for having some faith in the human spirit, and hoping that everything can conclude in a happy ending.  Let's hope all the folks who are owed money by RAM Controls, end up being reimbursed their dues.

P.S.  Saint ... I hope you don't take my comments as being disrespectful.  Please delete this post if you deem it inappropriate.  This is your site, so I respect your rules.  You provide the best service to the community by running BYOAC free of charge.  I really appreciate that.

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #538 on: September 10, 2011, 01:20:39 pm »
Thanks, man.

I don't take any offense to the comments made in this thread - I recognize there are a LOT of hurt feelings and a lot of anger here, and I also recognize that the situation has made all of this well deserved.  I've got a pretty thick skin, so I'm good.  I'm hopeful that everybody gets what's coming to them.

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #539 on: September 10, 2011, 07:28:39 pm »
P.S.  Saint ... I hope you don't take my comments as being disrespectful.  Please delete this post if you deem it inappropriate.  This is your site, so I respect your rules.  You provide the best service to the community by running BYOAC free of charge.  I really appreciate that.

Eh... my perspective is a bit different than yours on my opinion on RAM then and now, but I've never that I can recall deleted or edited a post because of what it said about me :)
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

TPB

• Offline Offline
« Reply #540 on: September 10, 2011, 09:21:38 pm »

Eh... my perspective is a bit different than yours on my opinion on RAM then and now, but I've never that I can recall deleted or edited a post because of what it said about me :)

Saint, that's a measure of your class.

I reckon the magic of BYOAC, apart from the treasure trove of arcade hardware goodness, is it's a place where you're genuinely free to state your opinion, whatever it is (provided it's conveyed with reason and good manners), without having to be concerned about fear or favour.    :cheers:

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #541 on: September 12, 2011, 01:25:47 pm »
I reckon the magic of BYOAC, apart from the treasure trove of arcade hardware goodness, is it's a place where you're genuinely free to state your opinion, whatever it is (provided it's conveyed with reason and good manners), without having to be concerned about fear or favour.    :cheers:

You must not have read any of Frizz's posts.

TPB

• Offline Offline
« Reply #542 on: September 12, 2011, 09:42:00 pm »

Well, to Frizz's credit, if we look back to that time a few years ago, he was virtually the lone voice sounding the warning about RAM Controls.  But at that time, most just dismissed him as "Frizz being Frizz".

Turns out he was right.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #543 on: September 14, 2011, 12:41:51 pm »

Well, to Frizz's credit, if we look back to that time a few years ago, he was virtually the lone voice sounding the warning about RAM Controls.  But at that time, most just dismissed him as "Frizz being Frizz".

Turns out he was right.

Jesus... a new quote... and I'm limited to only 2... I guess I'll have to drop one to put this one in...

;)

saint

• Supreme Chancellor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #544 on: September 14, 2011, 03:47:24 pm »
Can't believe I got bumped.
--- John St.Clair
     Project Arcade 2!
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #545 on: September 14, 2011, 04:08:31 pm »

Never!  Cheffo was the one bumped... You're quote is my prized possession here...

:D

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2024, 01:02:45 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #546 on: September 14, 2011, 07:18:41 pm »

Never!  Cheffo was the one bumped... You're quote is my prized possession here...

That's only because Chuck Fitch says that I am the biggest idiot!
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

saint

• Supreme Chancellor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #547 on: September 15, 2011, 09:19:44 am »

Heh.
--- John St.Clair
     Project Arcade 2!
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #548 on: November 30, 2011, 11:44:49 am »
They're back and dont fall for it. Nothing has changed people are still owed and legal battles continue
Im posting this here in this thread as I found it Ironic how Dan Johnson AKA JimBloomquist "New owner"
stated he had no plans of doing any of those crazy blowout sales
Ram Controls circulated this email.

"Dear .....,

It is time again for the Ram Controls Winter Blowout Sale. If you have been waiting for a good time to stock up on parts for your classic arcade games, the time is now!

From now until the end of 2011 you can use the coupon codes below to take 30% off any arcade parts order from Ram Controls.

30% off seems like a good deal but it gets better. If your order totals $200 or more you can take an amazing 40% off your order using the special coupon code below.

This is the best deal we have offered all year!

If you want to take advantage of this offer you will need the following coupon codes.

30% off any parts orders DEC302011
40% any order of $200 or more DEC2011SUPER

Remember this sale ends December 31, 2011 so act now!

Ram Controls Website- www.ramcontrols.com"

www.ThisOldGame.com

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #549 on: November 30, 2011, 11:46:52 am »
and for Jims claim to not be connected to Dave
currently courst pending

Case No. Case Title Case Type Filing Date Category
30-2011-00496959-CU-FR-CJC
CARA HONIGSFELD VS. ADAM JUDD
FRAUD 08/01/2011 CIVIL - UNLIMITED

Participants
JAN JUDD DEFENDANT 08/03/2011
JOSE AVALOS DEFENDANT 08/03/2011
JIM BLOOMQUIST DEFENDANT 08/03/2011
ADAM JUDD DEFENDANT 08/03/2011
CARA HONIGSFELD PLAINTIFF 08/03/2011
BENJAMIN PRINCE ATTORNEY 08/03/2011

www.ThisOldGame.com

BrentRadio

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2021, 06:26:04 am
  • Stop by for a game and a beer!
    • Jack Daniel's Barcade!
« Reply #550 on: November 30, 2011, 02:29:00 pm »
Rikitiki,

you are missing the "e" on the word "one" in your tag line.

Donkey_Kong

• heh. I dont know what it stands for but I'm immature and thats hilarious.
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2019, 12:39:54 am
    • CNC Machines
« Reply #551 on: November 30, 2011, 02:42:16 pm »
Talk about a turd that won't flush.
Carved Signs, Custom Gameroom Signs, and Arcade Game Decor and now CNC MACHINES by Melissa Jones

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #552 on: December 02, 2011, 03:17:24 pm »
rikitiki, has anyone ordered a copy of the original complaint in the fraud case to see what the lawsuit is about?
https://ocapps.occourts.org/civilwebShopping/SearchCase.do#top_page
(search for adam judd, report is $8.50)

I've had no dealings with them, but it's been an interesting situation to follow.

Gray_Area

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2013, 06:52:30 pm
  • -Banned-
« Reply #553 on: December 03, 2011, 05:15:50 am »
Who's Jose Avalos??
-Banned-

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #554 on: December 03, 2011, 02:02:09 pm »
rikitiki, has anyone ordered a copy of the original complaint in the fraud case to see what the lawsuit is about?
https://ocapps.occourts.org/civilwebShopping/SearchCase.do#top_page
(search for adam judd, report is $8.50)

I've had no dealings with them, but it's been an interesting situation to follow.

I havent and not sure if anyone else has
current legal action on "Ram Controls" seems to have hit a dead end and not sure where that cuurently lies.
but its getting tempting to start paying for some of those reports on both criminal and other pending court cases.

as there is another one pending
CASE SUMMARY
Case No. Case Title Case Type Filing Date Category
30-2011-00502029-CU-BC-CJC
ERROL MIHALIK VS. ADAM DAVID JUDD
BREACH OF CONTRACT/WARRANTY 08/22/2011 CIVIL - UNLIMITED

Participants
ADAM DAVID JUDD DEFENDANT 08/22/2011
ERROL MIHALIK PLAINTIFF 08/22/2011
LAW OFFICES OF HARRISON LONG ATTORNEY 08/22/2011

www.ThisOldGame.com

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #555 on: December 03, 2011, 02:04:04 pm »
Who's Jose Avalos??

Have no idea thats a new name that hasnt been brought into this yet
at least on the arcade side of things.

www.ThisOldGame.com

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #556 on: December 03, 2011, 03:38:34 pm »
The short version is that beginning in 2009, Adam talked someone into making him various loans totalling $66,000 for sure fire "business opportunities" involving Ram Controls and Empire Engineering.
He only ever made a couple payments.  Odd thing is that there were 3 loans from the same person and Adam used a different alias for each one...Charles Sparta, Adam Starr & then after he failed to pay those loans, another promissory note was drawn up and signed by Adam Judd.

It doesn't go into who Jose Avalos is, but $4,000 of the loans was wired to his bank account.
It doesn't look like the plaintiff had any contact with Jim, but named him because he is doing business under both the company names.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 08:25:29 pm by BadMouth »

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #557 on: December 04, 2011, 11:45:58 am »
Thanks Badmouth a VERY interresting read and certainly puts into perspective how the over all scam worked.
From collectors to "Investors" :applaud:

www.ThisOldGame.com

tbombaci

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2022, 01:01:26 am
« Reply #558 on: February 14, 2012, 09:47:58 am »
Beware. The scam is ramping up again. Watch out for the smooth talking scum bags.  #youvebeenwarned

mytymaus007

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 09:58:40 am
  • http://gameroom.atozmicro.com
    • http://gameroom.atozmicro.com
« Reply #559 on: June 03, 2012, 08:57:12 am »
Did anyone get any YOKES YET JUst wanna get one! :lol :lol