Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The current status of Ram Controls:  (Read 117255 times)

rikitiki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2020, 01:17:35 pm
    • Custom Arcade Game Printing
Re: The current status of Ram Controls:
« Reply #360 on: July 21, 2011, 11:03:30 am »
I am in no way involved, but as a general rule, that seems like a really good way to get placed on the bottom of a list.
Have you seen the list,it up to $42,000 owing to people.And being in Australia I am sure I will be at the top to start with.
Im I going to wait in the back ground and hope that something will happen, I don't think so. :angry:

42K :o
Wait I thought this list was shrinking Dan??
thats almost double the orignal spreadsheet
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0An_RLk7EK5WtdFVhbnJBMDBCbzBoamlQZldvRTQwYXc&hl=en&authkey=CPDFuqsL#gid=0

Another FACT for you NON belivers I know ALOT of collectors who opted to stay off that list
either because they dont frequient KLOV or didnt want their amounts publicly known.
KLOV memeber STEPH took matters in their own hands and began legeal procedings against Dave/RamControls
and kept a private list of his own which would then go to the courts. Post #138 from 6-20-2011
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=176040&page=14
some Highlights for your readin enjoyment

2- Because of this thread (and KLOV Forums) I was contacted
by non-arcade victims which make our plight look like small potatoes
(... we're talking 6-figure amounts here... )
This has opened-up an entirely new dimension on the scope of Dave's thievery
and has attracted more legal and law enforcement attention.

3- Not surprisingly, alot of dirt on Dave is being uncovered
including prior convictions and court appearances.
I'd like to say more, but I know this info gets back to Dave
so I'm guarded on what I can say.

Dan not trying to derail your train here but posts and claims that your shipping back orders when theres a continued growing list
is a very false impression and if you truly dont owe anything to anybody why waste your time, money and "newly aquired inventory"
to help right someone elses wrongs??
This part has never made any sense not even to "save the brand name."
Ram Controls will ALWAYS be known for this.

Lets save the clock tower instead
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:09:08 am by rikitiki »
Saving the Planet one Game at a time.

www.ThisOldGame.com

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #361 on: July 21, 2011, 12:10:18 pm »
Out of curiousity, who's maintaining this public list? For example, I see ChadTower's on that list, but I also know that he has stated that he's squared things up with RAM, so that number should drop, right?
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #362 on: July 21, 2011, 12:22:24 pm »
The list I referred to as being current would be the private one thats being updated as of 6-20-2011
and NOT the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet was a starter to see what was at the time currently owed
and proably hasnt been updated.
The current Private list by Steph on KLOV is (42k) for legal proceedings and was posted to be current and updated.

However if Chad is on this private list he should contact Steph.
My understanding is This list is complied of victims who have been in contact directly with Steph
for legal comp and are still currently owed.

Care to coment Dan?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:24:39 pm by rikitiki »

www.ThisOldGame.com

hatrick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 23, 2020, 12:47:20 pm
  • Big Brother is Watching You!
« Reply #363 on: July 21, 2011, 02:09:46 pm »
There is absolutely no logical explanation for this other than Dan is fronting for Dave to try and please the masses before the crap hits the fan with legal troubles. Think about it. Dave owes you money/product that you are pretty sure you will never see. In steps the hero Dan that promises SOMETHING to pay you back. Getting anything is better than nothing, so you accept alternate parts to cover what you are owed. You don't get what you paid for, but you get something, so Dave no longer has to worry about you coming after him. Mission accomplished.

50 Star Wars Yokes at about $250 each? That's $12,500. Lets be conservative and say they cost Ram $100 in parts & labor. That leaves a whopping $7500 for Dan to live off of, and recover his massive debt that Dave owes him? Dan would have to be the WORST business man in history (behind Dave) to accept this arrangement as payment for his debt. He would never make a dime off of this sinking ship. The only logical explanation is that Dan is fronting for Dave to cover Dave's ass.

Think about it people. Don't be so naive.

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #364 on: July 21, 2011, 03:17:21 pm »
There is absolutely no logical explanation for this other than Dan is fronting for Dave to try and please the masses before the crap hits the fan with legal troubles. Think about it. Dave owes you money/product that you are pretty sure you will never see. In steps the hero Dan that promises SOMETHING to pay you back. Getting anything is better than nothing, so you accept alternate parts to cover what you are owed. You don't get what you paid for, but you get something, so Dave no longer has to worry about you coming after him. Mission accomplished.

50 Star Wars Yokes at about $250 each? That's $12,500. Lets be conservative and say they cost Ram $100 in parts & labor. That leaves a whopping $7500 for Dan to live off of, and recover his massive debt that Dave owes him? Dan would have to be the WORST business man in history (behind Dave) to accept this arrangement as payment for his debt. He would never make a dime off of this sinking ship. The only logical explanation is that Dan is fronting for Dave to cover Dave's ass.

BYOACians have a storied history of being RAMmed by RAM.   Over... and over... and over again.  
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:30:21 pm by FrizzleFried »
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
« Reply #365 on: July 21, 2011, 03:43:35 pm »

This is what Dan said:
I have in my possession the parts to build 200 Star Wars Yokes. I do have to have several parts welded and powder coated but I have all of the parts to make them.  At the current retail price of $350 that works out to $70K, MUCH more than the debt that is outstanding. And that is just ONE item. It takes me about two hours to build each one so the the only limitation right now is my time. I am fortunate enough to have a fiance that wants to help and understands how to build these controllers so it is not just me.  I am also working to complete several of the projects that Dave started, specifically the BZ bellows, the Tempest Spinner, and the SD - MH conversion boards.  Believe me there is more than enough assets in the company to take care of everyone, it will just take time.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #366 on: July 21, 2011, 03:46:14 pm »

BYOACians have a storied history of being RAMmed by RAM.   Over... and over... and over again.  

You are totally coming off like an ass dude. I realize you are coming from a good place and trying to do good, but really all you've done is bully anyone who disagrees with you.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #367 on: July 21, 2011, 03:47:41 pm »
Dan has also said he's now the sole owner of RAM yet has provided exactly ZERO proof.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #368 on: July 21, 2011, 03:50:20 pm »

You are totally coming off like an ass dude. I realize you are coming from a good place and trying to do good, but really all you've done is bully anyone who disagrees with you.

If me "coming off like an ass" saves a single person a single dollar... I've done my job.  I'll accept the "ass" label gladly.  

On the other hand... if you encouraging people to give Dan a chance causes a single person to LOSE a single dollar... where does that put you Lew?

You've been around long enough to have seen this pattern.  My quoted comment applies...  Backside still sore or has it healed up enough to take another round?  

I'm an "ass"...

You're possibly helping a copy known to have "scammed people out of thousands of dollars"...

I'll be the ass... thank you.

EDIT: Handle temporarily changed in honor of Lew.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:55:16 pm by Capt. Ass »

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 08:02:44 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #369 on: July 21, 2011, 03:54:42 pm »
lol who changed your name?  :laugh2:

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #370 on: July 21, 2011, 03:55:48 pm »
lol who changed your name?  :laugh2:

I did... of course.

I'd rather be an ass than a fool.

PS: Anyone who has a problem with my campaign against RAM CONTROLS to the point they think "less of me" isn't the type of person I would want to associate with anyway.  Y'all can take that as you wish... I think it's pretty apparent I couldn't care less.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:58:14 pm by Capt. Ass »

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #371 on: July 21, 2011, 03:59:06 pm »

If me "coming off line an ass" saves a single person a single dollar... I've done my job.  I'll accept the "ass" label gladly. 

On the other hand... if you encouraging people to give Dan a chance causes a single person to LOSE a single dollar... where does that put you Lew?

You've been around long enough to have seen this pattern. 

I'm an "ass"...

You're possibly helping a copy known to have "scammed people out of thousands of dollars"...

I'll be the ass... thank you.

If the asshat fits...

From what I can tell, people are getting their orders accordingly to how Dan said they would. All you've done is bullied people who have placed orders into not posting, since they are "part of the problem" they are scared to post. I see no proof that all your chest thumping is stopping a single person from ordering. I've said my warnings and I'm not encouraging people to purchase from RAM without protecting themselves. You don't have to be an ass to get your point across.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #372 on: July 21, 2011, 04:02:39 pm »
There is a lot going on that you don't have a clue about Lew.  I'll leave it at that.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #373 on: July 21, 2011, 04:08:59 pm »
There is a lot going on that you don't have a clue about Lew.  I'll leave it at that.

Are you saying I'm Clewless?

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #374 on: July 21, 2011, 04:15:34 pm »
Leap also stated by Dan days ago

1: A batch of 50 more SW yokes. Once this batch is complete I should be able to take care of everyone who is owed a Star Wars Yoke but has not received it.

I guess you missed my post where the list of parts and moneys owed was not shrinking but growing
and as of to date its 42k  and I dont argue Dan isnt sending out any new orders.
but with the legal procedings why would he even need a plan to compensate those on that list
its techinacally not his problem and theres nothing to gain from a buisness stand point.
Yeah yeah save the Name Ram Controls.
Nevermind the fact that 200 let alone 50 sales of yokes is something that will take years to do.
if RamControls was profitable or for that matter any other arcade repro biz was (including my own)
Ram wouldnt be where it is today-IMO

still waiting for Dan to chime in
still waiting for Dan to prove he is sole owner (just not enough of an owner to avoid being sued)
and still waiting for "Dan" to reveal his ebay power seller stats despite the multiple requests.

theres something else at play here and only CaptAss can save us
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:39:36 pm by rikitiki »

www.ThisOldGame.com

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #375 on: July 21, 2011, 04:16:38 pm »
There is a lot going on that you don't have a clue about Lew.  I'll leave it at that.

Are you saying I'm Clewless?

Hahaha... naw... just uninformed RE: this specific situation.

I still love ya though.

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #376 on: July 21, 2011, 04:26:16 pm »
:laugh2:
NO MORE!!

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #377 on: July 21, 2011, 04:39:48 pm »

I so need a new avatar...

:angel:

EDIT: Fixed
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:42:54 pm by Capt. Ass »

Donkey_Kong

• heh. I dont know what it stands for but I'm immature and thats hilarious.
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2019, 12:39:54 am
    • CNC Machines
« Reply #378 on: July 21, 2011, 06:06:20 pm »

Where is the Capt. Ass' cape?
Carved Signs, Custom Gameroom Signs, and Arcade Game Decor and now CNC MACHINES by Melissa Jones

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #379 on: July 21, 2011, 07:06:42 pm »

Better?

:cheers:

nick3092

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2022, 03:57:28 pm
« Reply #380 on: July 21, 2011, 09:23:29 pm »
Not sticking up for Dave/Dan/Ram/Whoever. But keeping a private list of who is owed what in this situation is pointless. I could tell you all ten people owe me a total of $1,000,000 each. But I can't tell you who.

BS. If it's a public lawsuit, and you are in fact owed that, then say so. I'm not saying it isn't true, but people accuse Dan of keeping secrets, so how is this different?

And for the record, I had a year of drama with Dave in acquiring a yoke. And if this is Dave pulling a scam pretending to be Dan, then he deserves this. But if it is someone trying to make Ram legit, then last time I checked our country ran on the innocent until proven guilty platform.

Not to mention in this day and age there is plenty of consumer protection with credit cards. You don't get a product in 30 days, file a dispute. You get your money back right away. So there is no reason any one should have to get ripped off.

Donkey_Kong

• heh. I dont know what it stands for but I'm immature and thats hilarious.
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2019, 12:39:54 am
    • CNC Machines
« Reply #381 on: July 21, 2011, 09:54:22 pm »
Carved Signs, Custom Gameroom Signs, and Arcade Game Decor and now CNC MACHINES by Melissa Jones

Nephasth

« Reply #382 on: July 21, 2011, 10:04:27 pm »

Better?

:cheers:

KLOV Police? Aren't you out of your jurisdiction?

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #383 on: July 21, 2011, 10:10:19 pm »
I moonlight as BYOAC Secret Security... just be quiet about it... it's a secret.

Also... there is a new interesting development over at KLOV.  It seems the guy who's paypal account was being used at some point in RAM's history is posting that Dave Adams is actually named Adam Judd...

Of course the guy is a newb and could just be spouting off BS... but he DID post his phone number...

This ordeal is getting really really strange...

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:12:37 pm by FrizzleFried »

Nephasth

« Reply #384 on: July 21, 2011, 10:38:38 pm »
I moonlight as BYOAC Secret Security... just be quiet about it... it's a secret.

It is kind of weird that Dan has made much more communication over here than at KLOV. Also he registered here on 6/14/11 but registered at KLOV on 3/14/11...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:40:20 pm by Nephasth »

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #385 on: July 21, 2011, 10:50:03 pm »
especailly since the BIGGER problem was on KLOV

but as this continues to unwravill new info on "Dave" seems to have surfaced
time to start sculpting the mash potatoes again because if any of this new news is true
Im sure this means something

http://www.courtreference.com/Riverside-County-California-Courts.htm

Link

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:23:40 pm by SirPeale »

www.ThisOldGame.com

wonder1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2012, 11:47:34 pm
« Reply #386 on: July 21, 2011, 10:52:36 pm »
Not to mention in this day and age there is plenty of consumer protection with credit cards. You don't get a product in 30 days, file a dispute. You get your money back right away. So there is no reason any one should have to get ripped off.

Unbelievable

I have many email from David stating that they are ready and SOME have all ready been shipped.Mine will be the next one,so don't panic.
When you don't have anything to sell me and tell me you do and then take my money its called FRAUD.

I was fed tons of bull,just so I could go over the 30 day with all the emails to prove it.Yes i have been in contact with Dan?????,but how long do you think I be waiting to get my$3250.00 returned.The list just keeps getting bigger.

BS. If it's a public lawsuit, and you are in fact owed that, then say so. I'm not saying it isn't true, but people accuse Dan of keeping secrets, so how is this different?

Some people are to embarrassed to admit that they got stung by this scam,i couldn't care less and i am owed $3250.00.

And for the record, I had a year of drama with Dave in acquiring a yoke. And if this is Dave pulling a scam pretending to be Dan, then he deserves this. But if it is someone trying to make Ram legit, then last time I checked our country ran on the innocent until proven guilty platform.

That right, all this is made up and my cockpit is in transit. :laugh2:
Yes I paid RAM CONTROLS $3250 for a cockpit that was never happening.Will I get my money back,I hope so.Will David end up in court for FRAUD I hope so to.

wonder1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2012, 11:47:34 pm
« Reply #387 on: July 21, 2011, 11:01:21 pm »

It is kind of weird that Dan has made much more communication over here than at KLOV. Also he registered here on 6/14/11 but registered at KLOV on 3/14/11...

more people are probably owed money.
Yes I paid RAM CONTROLS $3250 for a cockpit that was never happening.Will I get my money back,I hope so.Will David end up in court for FRAUD I hope so to.

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #388 on: July 21, 2011, 11:05:53 pm »
So how about it "Dan" "Dave" "Jim Bloomquist" care to comment on any of this new info?
or even adress questions and concerns brought up many times over here just to be ignored?
Im sure inquiring minds would like to know and help you continue to save the Ram Brand

www.ThisOldGame.com

Nephasth

« Reply #389 on: July 21, 2011, 11:09:24 pm »

more people are probably owed money.

As rikitiki said, the BIGGER problem is on KLOV, and he only has 5 posts over there. All within the past few days, yet he's been registered over there for months (even a day before he took control of RAM). WTF.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:11:35 pm by Nephasth »

channelmaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2019, 12:36:18 am
    • Arcadecomponents.com
« Reply #390 on: July 21, 2011, 11:24:18 pm »
As rikitiki said, the BIGGER problem is on KLOV, and he only has 5 posts over there. All within the past few days, yet he's been registered over there for months (even a day before he allegedly took control of RAM). WTF.

Fixed.

As Frizz said, there has been no proof brought forward that he actually did take control of RAM.
Call me a cheap bastard... I learned to fix things to save money... even surface mount soldering...

Visit my website: http://www.arcadecomponents.com

My repair logs are kept at: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?board=19.0

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #391 on: July 21, 2011, 11:28:07 pm »
But if it is someone trying to make Ram legit, then last time I checked our country ran on the innocent until proven guilty platform.

Actually in this country, financial matters like this are often the quite the opposite. Ask anyone who has had their wages garnished if they were subject to a trial. Ask anyone who has had their wages levied if they were found guilty by a judge first.

This is because legally, any purchase is considered a binding contract. Any purchase made with RAM controls is a financial obligation for RAM to either fulfill the agreement, or void the agreement by repaying the debt. In short, the fact that people have unfulfilled purchases alone deems RAM controls liable and must in turn be the ones to prove innocence.

Like I mentioned before, I worked for a company that went bankrupt. Before then, we were not paying for a number of goods and services, in turn we got levied up the ass by everyone we screwed. The only thing we could do is file bankruptcy to stop the bleeding.

SuprSprint

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2012, 04:51:24 pm
    • OdorDestroyer.com
« Reply #392 on: July 22, 2011, 10:39:49 am »
then last time I checked our country ran on the innocent until proven guilty platform.

Actually in this country, financial matters like this are often the quite the opposite. Ask anyone who has had their wages garnished if they were subject to a trial. Ask anyone who has had their wages levied if they were found guilty by a judge first.

I was about to post a similar comment, but I need to correct yours a bit. You cannot execute a garnishment without first obtaining a judgment in open court.  The defendant may not show up (and often does not), but you still have to present to the judge and have a ruling. As a former landlord I've been there, done that, many times....

That said, "innocent until proven guilty" ONLY applies to the government in criminal cases where the state is attempting to deprive you of life, liberty, or property. Civil matters are a simple preponderance of the evidence, with "fractions" of responsibility being common. You can even be the victim (of a car crash for example) and still be found to be 10% (or whatever) responsible.

Also, a private citizen is under no burden to uphold the standard of innocent until proven guilty. For example, I have deemed Casey Anthony and will impose my sentance of her being a persona non grata should we ever cross paths.  Absolutely nothing "illegal" about that.  But the state/government could not prove her guilty (of a felony), and they must treat her as any other citizen henceforth.

--------------------------
My Machines - Golden Tee '97, MK MAME conversion, Super Sprint project
My Business - OdorDestroyer.com

SuprSprint

• Offline Offline
    • OdorDestroyer.com
« Reply #393 on: July 22, 2011, 11:26:36 am »
Which they should, because she didn't do it.

I disagree, but that is way OT.  Let's take it here;

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=113231.0

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #394 on: July 22, 2011, 10:10:39 pm »
Yeah BAck on topic.

Wait for it.... :timebomb:

www.ThisOldGame.com

SuprSprint

• Offline Offline
    • OdorDestroyer.com
« Reply #395 on: July 23, 2011, 12:49:04 am »

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #396 on: July 23, 2011, 11:16:45 am »
I fail to see how someone could NOT see this as a shady operation...

Signed,

Capt. Ass

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #397 on: July 23, 2011, 12:24:28 pm »
Dan Johnson is a actually Jim Bloomquist.  :dizzy:

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showpost.php?p=1708876&postcount=607

and for those that dont know what that means
go back and read my post #325

then maybe reread this entire thread and see if you come to the same conclusion.

www.ThisOldGame.com

Nephasth

« Reply #398 on: July 23, 2011, 12:42:03 pm »
...many names, one ugly face. So there was no "transfer of stock", just the same people trying to run the same scam with a different name...

bheineck

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2012, 12:31:28 am
« Reply #399 on: July 25, 2011, 11:18:25 pm »
There is so much new information coming to light on this over on the KLOV forums. Who knows where this will go. Dan/Jim still sounds like he is planning to continue. There are a lot of lies so trust is a big issue. I personally don't know what to think. I still don't see a scam in what Dan/Jim is doing, but proceed with extreme caution if you dare.