Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The current status of Ram Controls:  (Read 117263 times)

dan_ram

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2011, 11:18:56 am
Re: The current status of Ram Controls:
« Reply #320 on: June 30, 2011, 03:21:28 pm »
Thanks to my Iphone I can stay somewhat in contact without pissing off the wife to much, heh!

Dan

bheineck

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2012, 12:31:28 am
« Reply #321 on: June 30, 2011, 03:33:21 pm »
Taking a bunch of orders and then disappearing for two weeks instantly raises a few flags, I'd think.

So are you asserting that somebody you know of has paid Dan for product and did not get it? I think the arcade community would like to know the details.

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #322 on: June 30, 2011, 03:34:38 pm »
Sure, sure, I agree, but there's been a lot of wild claims tossed around lately.  Taking a bunch of orders and then disappearing for two weeks instantly raises a few flags, I'd think.

Dan went five days between posts.

What new orders?  Where are people claiming they have new unfilled orders?

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #323 on: June 30, 2011, 04:29:53 pm »
Dan went five days between posts.

I wish more people would do that.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #324 on: June 30, 2011, 05:54:39 pm »
 :duckhunt
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #325 on: June 30, 2011, 06:24:01 pm »
When is the movie of this thread coming out?
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

scofthe7seas

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 10, 2012, 11:33:10 am
  • I'm Eskimo. There's nothing here.
« Reply #326 on: July 01, 2011, 06:49:43 pm »
Mark my words though, somebody WILL cry foul. Soon I believe. I am of the opinion that it will be a false alarm, so I implore Dan to continue the high level of communication he has been. Give no reasons for doubt. Keep up the good work!

Marked.

dan_ram

• Offline Offline
« Reply #327 on: July 02, 2011, 01:56:03 pm »
Well, I am going to keep plodding away at this and keep taking care of those owed. This week is a special exception as I am on my honeymoon, but I am still trying to log in every day or two and stay in touch.. Ill be back this weekend so everything will be back to normal next week.

Dan

GibsonRiddler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2018, 03:26:11 pm
« Reply #328 on: July 02, 2011, 02:18:00 pm »
@Dan

There are people out there who just want to see you fail just so they can say " I told you so" to everyone else.

It has been proven on this forum and others that you are not Dave. People have emailed, talked, and seen you in person. People want to believe what they want to believe and nothing you say or do will change their minds.

I also tend to wonder if some of the naysayers have business's of their own and wanting you to fail to get rid of eventual competition to themselves. I say eventual because you have a huge mess that Dave left to clean up, and until that is done it will be hard to move the company forward.

I wish you the best of luck you have a large hill to climb. It would be a loss to see these parts disappear.

And before anyone bombards me, YES, I have read the forums on here, KLOV and coinopspace I am well aware of what has happened and also the reason I never made an order to Ram Controls.
I need a house to put stuff in, instead of an apartment with stacks of boxes.

amendonz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2017, 04:33:57 pm
« Reply #329 on: July 02, 2011, 04:03:07 pm »
The best bit about this thread was the people who weren't owed anything jumping in and potentially ruining getting anything back for the people who are. Funny ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---.

GibsonRiddler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2018, 03:26:11 pm
« Reply #330 on: July 02, 2011, 04:34:59 pm »
The best bit about this thread was the people who weren't owed anything jumping in and potentially ruining getting anything back for the people who are. Funny ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---.
:applaud:
I need a house to put stuff in, instead of an apartment with stacks of boxes.

dan_ram

• Offline Offline
« Reply #331 on: July 02, 2011, 11:25:17 pm »
Ill be back in town tomorrow, hoping to enjoy a little celebrating on the Fourth, and be back in the office on Tuesday. If you have any questions you can always email me at:

sales@ram-controls.com

Dan

bkenobi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2021, 10:41:52 pm
« Reply #332 on: July 03, 2011, 12:26:39 am »
Not trying to "ruin" anything.  Simply trying to suggest that piling on isn't necessarily helpful in promoting a new business owner to keep up the effort.  Also, trying to understand where liabilities lye in case things can't get resolved sufficiently for whatever reason.  Dan is taking the heat for Dave's ---fudgesicle--- up's.  People should have an understanding of whether he is doing it out of obligation or out of good will to resurrect the business' name.

bheineck

• Offline Offline
« Reply #333 on: July 03, 2011, 12:15:21 pm »
Also, trying to understand where liabilities lye in case things can't get resolved sufficiently for whatever reason.  .......People should have an understanding of whether he is doing it out of obligation or out of good will to resurrect the business' name.

Dan has stated that he has taken ownership of the inventory and the web site and most people seem to agree that this does not constitute taking ownership of the "business" as a whole and therefore the liabilities as well. This seems to be the information you are seeking, but it is nothing new.

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #334 on: July 05, 2011, 01:31:45 pm »
Also, trying to understand where liabilities lye in case things can't get resolved sufficiently for whatever reason.  .......People should have an understanding of whether he is doing it out of obligation or out of good will to resurrect the business' name.

Dan has stated that he has taken ownership of the inventory and the web site and most people seem to agree that this does not constitute taking ownership of the "business" as a whole and therefore the liabilities as well. This seems to be the information you are seeking, but it is nothing new.

My guess is that the folks who are owed thousands of dollars for phantom Star Wars cockpit machines would disagree with you and your "general consensus"...

...but maybe Dan could ask them directly over at KLOV... that is if he had the intestinal fortitude to take the heat over there... which it appears he doesn't (or hasn't up until this point).

That said... thus far I've heard of nothing but positive about Dan and his efforts.

Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

bheineck

• Offline Offline
« Reply #335 on: July 05, 2011, 03:02:22 pm »
My guess is that the folks who are owed thousands of dollars for phantom Star Wars cockpit machines would disagree with you and your "general consensus"...

Wrongo! or they would be going after Dan legally instead of Dave. I know you just love to disagree with me though.  :blah:

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
« Reply #336 on: July 05, 2011, 03:16:43 pm »
That said... thus far I've heard of nothing but positive about Dan and his efforts.

Brother lemming, welcome to the glass half full side.

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #337 on: July 05, 2011, 03:35:39 pm »

Wrongo! or they would be going after Dan legally instead of Dave. I know you just love to disagree with me though.  :blah:

That's not really true. You can't assume control of a companies name, inventory, property etc without taking the liabilities as well if you are intending to continue to do business under that name. That would be fraud at least when it comes to business tax purposes. You would either have to register an entirely new business with the state under a new entity name, or file with the state that you acquired either a percentage of the company or the company as a whole. With the company acquisition comes liability. Ram controls cannot legally continue business without accepting it's own liability, no matter who is in charge.

Now if Dan received the only inventory and started his own company called "Dan's controls", that's a horse of a different color. Technically in that sense, he only purchased product and is reselling under his own new-formed company.

bheineck

• Offline Offline
« Reply #338 on: July 05, 2011, 04:23:00 pm »
That's not really true. You can't assume control of a companies name, inventory, property etc without taking the liabilities as well if you are intending to continue to do business under that name. That would be fraud at least when it comes to business tax purposes. You would either have to register an entirely new business with the state under a new entity name, or file with the state that you acquired either a percentage of the company or the company as a whole. With the company acquisition comes liability. Ram controls cannot legally continue business without accepting it's own liability, no matter who is in charge.

Now if Dan received the only inventory and started his own company called "Dan's controls", that's a horse of a different color. Technically in that sense, he only purchased product and is reselling under his own new-formed company.

Yah understood! However, my statements were based on the assumption as also stated in my post that Dan just took control of the inventory and domain name as he stated. Nodoby here other than Dan knows how he is reporting to the government. I am certainly no expert at business law, but maybe you are. :)

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #339 on: July 05, 2011, 04:57:58 pm »

Yah understood! However, my statements were based on the assumption as also stated in my post that Dan just took control of the inventory and domain name as he stated. Nodoby here other than Dan knows how he is reporting to the government. I am certainly no expert at business law, but maybe you are. :)

Yeah, I end up doing too much work with legal entities and business tax matters. It is the part of my job I like the least, but ended up getting recruited into the business tax dept from HR. I ended up mucking through the paperwork for acquiring a couple multi-state businesses with serious outstanding debt, splitting them and adding a percentage of the business to our own entity. A hideous, hideous mess.  :banghead:

I don't mean to pry into Dan's business affairs either. Dan's making good on the orders, and as long as that continues I don't think there would be a need for anyone to pry.  :dunno

I would guess that if any serious serious litigation came about to Ram Controls, Dan could be considered liable. Which is the reason why I believe that Dan set up a contract defaulting everything back to Dave in case it all hit the fan. I'm sure Dan is also interested in making good on the orders because he doesn't want to be stuck going back into a legal fight that wasn't his to begin with. Better to just repair the company reputation and look to the future.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 04:59:47 pm by Vigo »

Havok

• Keeper of the __Blue_Stars___
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 09:14:44 pm
  • Insufficient facts always invite danger.
« Reply #340 on: July 06, 2011, 10:33:55 am »

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #341 on: July 06, 2011, 06:35:37 pm »

Time for bheineck and bkenobi to bquiet.

bheineck

• Offline Offline
« Reply #342 on: July 07, 2011, 02:20:10 am »

Time for bheineck and bkenobi to bquiet.

That's A-list material right there!!!   :applaud:

bkenobi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2021, 10:41:52 pm
« Reply #343 on: July 07, 2011, 03:23:41 pm »
blah...   ;D

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #344 on: July 07, 2011, 10:26:31 pm »
That's A-list material right there!!!   :applaud:
More like B list.
NO MORE!!

bheineck

• Offline Offline
« Reply #345 on: July 08, 2011, 11:04:13 am »
RayB list?

Hint: I tend to be sarcastic!   :cheers:

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #346 on: July 10, 2011, 03:18:06 pm »

bheineck

• Offline Offline

dan_ram

• Offline Offline
« Reply #348 on: July 11, 2011, 03:53:13 pm »
Hey I just wanted to check in to let you know I am still around..

I will be shipping out two more packages today to people who are owed from the past, plus one for a current order. If you need to get a hold of me you can email me at sales@ram-controls.com

Dan

LASooner

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2024, 01:35:28 am
« Reply #349 on: July 13, 2011, 01:42:02 am »
I was the current order he mentioned above and received it today in good working order. For what it's worth.

jimmy2x2x

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2018, 01:29:48 am
« Reply #350 on: July 13, 2011, 01:45:11 am »
I was the current order he mentioned above and received it today in good working order. For what it's worth.

Are you suggesting the product or service you received was worthless?

LASooner

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2024, 01:35:28 am
« Reply #351 on: July 13, 2011, 01:46:13 am »
Negative, It's a high quality product. A guy with only 1 post on this forum might be worthless.  :)  Dan was very responsive to questions I had.

dan_ram

• Offline Offline
« Reply #352 on: July 13, 2011, 08:52:45 pm »
FYI I am finally in a position to restart some of the projects that David Adams never completed. The three main things that are in production are:

1: A batch of 50 more SW yokes. Once this batch is complete I should be able to take care of everyone who is owed a Star Wars Yoke but has not received it.

2: The centering bellows project. The metal rings for the bellows are done and I took possession of them this week. I delivered them to another company that is adding the urethane component. I should have an first article (example) done in a few weeks.

3: The Tempest Spinner. The frame assembly is in production and should be done in a few weeks. That is one of the last major parts necessary to complete this project.

As always if you have any questions feel free to email me at sales@ram-controls.com

Dan

newmanfamilyvlogs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2022, 05:20:38 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,103584.msg1096585.html#msg1096585
    • Newman Family Vlogs
« Reply #353 on: July 13, 2011, 10:49:04 pm »
Maybe something like a blog with updates like that would work toward repairing Ram's image. Just something to show some life behind the web page other than a tumultuous thread on a forum somewhere.

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #354 on: July 14, 2011, 01:32:46 pm »
When the cockpits are done and being delivered to those who are owed... you make sure to post here so I can take RAM off my shitlist...

Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

dan_ram

• Offline Offline
« Reply #355 on: July 14, 2011, 06:08:14 pm »
The cockpits will not be completed as you probably already know. I am planning on giving a full refund to those who paid for them, I just don't have the money for that yet.

Dan

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #356 on: July 17, 2011, 05:37:19 pm »
*bump*

(shoudln't let this fall off the main page)  ;D
NO MORE!!

wonder1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2012, 11:47:34 pm
« Reply #357 on: July 20, 2011, 08:05:00 pm »
The cockpits will not be completed as you probably already know. I am planning on giving a full refund to those who paid for them, I just don't have the money for that yet.

Dan

As being one of the people that was scam for a cockpit and paid in full, can you tell me when you think this is going to happen.Will i get it a lump sum or will you expect me to accept it in small amounts over the next couple of years.Coming up to nearly 9 months now and my credit card could do with a payment.

Until I and the rest of the victims are paid in full your still on my ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- LIST. ;D
Yes I paid RAM CONTROLS $3250 for a cockpit that was never happening.Will I get my money back,I hope so.Will David end up in court for FRAUD I hope so to.

Paul Olson

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:46:57 pm
    • Paul's Arcade
« Reply #358 on: July 20, 2011, 10:54:21 pm »

Dan

As being one of the people that was scam for a cockpit and paid in full, can you tell me when you think this is going to happen.Will i get it a lump sum or will you expect me to accept it in small amounts over the next couple of years.Coming up to nearly 9 months now and my credit card could do with a payment.

Until I and the rest of the victims are paid in full your still on my ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- LIST. ;D

I am in no way involved, but as a general rule, that seems like a really good way to get placed on the bottom of a list.

wonder1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2012, 11:47:34 pm
« Reply #359 on: July 21, 2011, 06:50:38 am »
I am in no way involved, but as a general rule, that seems like a really good way to get placed on the bottom of a list.

Have you seen the list,it up to $42,000 owing to people.And being in Australia I am sure I will be at the top to start with.

Im I going to wait in the back ground and hope that something will happen, I don't think so. :angry:
Yes I paid RAM CONTROLS $3250 for a cockpit that was never happening.Will I get my money back,I hope so.Will David end up in court for FRAUD I hope so to.