Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The current status of Ram Controls:  (Read 117659 times)

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
Re: The current status of Ram Controls:
« Reply #240 on: June 23, 2011, 08:12:03 pm »
So let me make sure I got your side of the story right. We should shun RAM controls even though people are getting their orders? We should be just as vicious as you are until EVERY LAST CENT (as you put it) is repaid. And then what? Then all of a sudden RAM is ok? How are you going to verify every last penny has been repaid?

I think your mixing up your real identity with an alter ego who's job it is to protect arcade enthusiasts. Thanks for protecting us SuperArcade Man

Let me know when it's safe to order!

And for the record: I'm not saying it's safe to order from RAM. I'm saying order with caution. The company has a bad track record.

How long have you been here Lew?  How many times have you seen RAM pull this SAME ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow---?  

Don't you feel somewhat obligated to point out the history of this company Lew?   Wouldn't you feel even a little bad if someone contacted you in 6 months and said "Lew,  based on a post of yours it pushed me over the edge and I decided to spend $X with RAM and got screwed"?

Will I know when ALL people have been paid off?  Nope... but I am sure I'll get wind of when some of the cockpit victims get restitution... that's when I'd be convinced that "whoever" is running RAM is serious about getting people paid... not until then.

The fact that Dave/RAM fraudulently ADVERTISED, SOLD and COLLECTED MONEY for a phantom product (SW Cockpit) appalls me...

...and the fact that he LIED to more than one person stating "It's READY TO SHIP" to get MORE MONEY from these folks... well,  I'll leave it at that.

If you folks want to do business with a company that would pull that kind of ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow---... so be it.  I for one WILL NOT. 

PS: I've still not seen a shred of evidence that Dave's still not running the show.

We both know all the evidence as it is available today. You feel that doing business with RAM controls under any circumstance is a bad idea. I feel that doing business with RAM is acceptable if you take precautions. That just about sums it up.

The last thing I want to do is be put in a position of trying to defend RAM controls. I just think that since we see a few orders being delivered, they deserve a chance.

If someone does things based on something someone online says, they have bigger problems than not getting a Star Wars yoke.

rikitiki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2020, 01:17:35 pm
    • Custom Arcade Game Printing
« Reply #241 on: June 23, 2011, 08:31:50 pm »
I feel that doing business with RAM is acceptable if you take precautions. That just about sums it up.

wow really?
Im sure those that were lied to and still waiting on refunds/products will be happy to hear that.

Im sure that getting out some small orders of instock parts and 10 dollar tubes of nyogel those guys will be paid off in no time. :laugh2:

and then we can all restore our game in a new magical world of lollipops and gumdrops free of the RamEffect.

its not just phantom cockpits there were also suposely SCREENED Lunar Lander and Missile Command Control Panels
that were "in stock and ready to ship"

FYI Dave called me around the time he was posting for those looking for information and advise on how to screen them and I dont think he was any where nears where we was claiming and later proved him wrong and full of...
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=175338
Saving the Planet one Game at a time.

www.ThisOldGame.com

dan_ram

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2011, 11:18:56 am
« Reply #242 on: June 23, 2011, 08:52:10 pm »
Lets make the distinction...  Dave lied to a lot of people, myself included. I have not lied to anyone. If I don't have something ready to ship I wont take your money, period! I cannot take care of everyone who is owed instantly that is true, and I have been completely honest about that fact.  I am however making progress towards resolving the problems of the past. Just today I have taken care of two people who ordered products yesterday and today and I have two boxes packed and ready to go out tomorrow that will take care of two more people who are owed something from the past. Those two packages take care of another $500 in past orders. Everyone who is ordering new is getting their stuff and people who are owed from the past are getting taken care of. This is a process and will take time.

Dan

scofthe7seas

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 10, 2012, 11:33:10 am
  • I'm Eskimo. There's nothing here.
« Reply #243 on: June 23, 2011, 09:24:32 pm »

Im sure those that were lied to and still waiting on refunds/products will be happy to hear that.

Who are these people? Specifically. Who. I haven't seen ONE single person who has been owed something say they haven't been treated fairly, or that they have been ignored, or that they are in ANY way dissatisfied with how things are going. Not a SINGLE one in this thread. Are these ripped off people just holding their tongues, being polite? The only detractor I saw who was legitimately owed anything was ChadTower, and he came out of his situation satisfied.

jimmy2x2x

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2018, 01:29:48 am
« Reply #244 on: June 23, 2011, 09:37:53 pm »
Lets make the distinction...  Dave lied to a lot of people, myself included. I have not lied to anyone. If I don't have something ready to ship I wont take your money, period! I cannot take care of everyone who is owed instantly that is true, and I have been completely honest about that fact.  I am however making progress towards resolving the problems of the past. Just today I have taken care of two people who ordered products yesterday and today and I have two boxes packed and ready to go out tomorrow that will take care of two more people who are owed something from the past. Those two packages take care of another $500 in past orders. Everyone who is ordering new is getting their stuff and people who are owed from the past are getting taken care of. This is a process and will take time.

Dan

You are doing an admirable job, please keep it up.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #245 on: June 23, 2011, 09:55:46 pm »

Who are these people? Specifically. Who. I haven't seen ONE single person who has been owed something say they haven't been treated fairly, or that they have been ignored, or that they are in ANY way dissatisfied with how things are going. Not a SINGLE one in this thread. Are these ripped off people just holding their tongues, being polite? The only detractor I saw who was legitimately owed anything was ChadTower, and he came out of his situation satisfied.

You might want to check out the forum over at KLOV.  They have an entire section dedicated to Ram Controls and don't tend to post on BYOAC.
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78

scofthe7seas

• Offline Offline
« Reply #246 on: June 23, 2011, 10:09:32 pm »
You might want to check out the forum over at KLOV.  They have an entire section dedicated to Ram Controls and don't tend to post on BYOAC.

True enough. Has any word been mentioned over there about this? I would hope people who are owed over there can at least view this article. Dan's put his contact info in, so they can contact him that way.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #247 on: June 23, 2011, 10:39:08 pm »
I feel that doing business with RAM is acceptable if you take precautions. That just about sums it up.

wow really?

Thanks, at least someone will be happy.

bheineck

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2012, 12:31:28 am
« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2011, 01:55:21 am »
Im sure that getting out some small orders of instock parts and 10 dollar tubes of nyogel those guys will be paid off in no time.

lets fund everybody owed with 10 dollar tubes of nyogel and other misc parts in stock

sending out some tubes of nyogel and missing yoke overlays dont make up for the fraud of the rest of it.

Those two packages take care of another $500 in past orders.

Quote from: Wiz;1667405
I received some parts up front but was still owed several hundred bucks worth of credit. I was contacted by Dan recently and he let me know that he knew I was owed some level of credit for the transaction I had made with Dave prior.

I went out to the RAM site and selected a few parts I needed and a few I knew others would need and they arrived safely and well packed yesterday via UPS. I was owed 500 and I got 500 worth of parts.

Heck! There's 100 $10 tubes right there. I wonder what they could want with all that nyogel?  :dunno
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:57:30 am by bheineck »

Xiaou2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 12, 2023, 05:41:19 pm
  • NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2011, 03:35:03 am »
But then you're back to the whole "supporting a company who screwed the community" thing we've been discussing this whole thread.

Actually, if all is True, people would be supporting an enterprising arcade fan who is looking to make some side cash on his hobby.

And actually David was quite amazing.  He got Starwars yokes reproduced in small quantities, with extremely high quality, for a seriously low price. (compared to equivalent arcade quality equipment)

Today, you cant buy something half as complex, in cheap Plastic, for the same amount of money... and thats in MASSIVE quantities.

Take a look at the Race Sim scene.  Small companies make Pedals, Wheels, and Shifters of the same kind of high quality machined parts, with even less complexity, and charge +2x what he was charging.

Even when he ran into production issues, which cost him a lot of money, time and effort... he never raised the prices for the pre-orders. I would have had to raise them.  But then again, I never would have taken pre-orders either.

The people that got messed over the most, were the well-to-do.  No poor person is gona drop several thousands on a video game remake... especially from a company that doesnt even have a remade vector monitor in stock.  And when the delays started to roll in, any one of them could have pulled their money back out.  Some did.  A crook wouldnt have allowed that... nor would a crook actually build starwars yokes, in addition to sinking money into about 10 other controllers (that each required a Ton of custom parts each)

And even as things soured, he ALMOST got the tv mfg. plant to make the brand new vector monitors.  Its pretty much a historic moment that the yokes came to be remade.. but new vector monitors would have been monumental.

Look at Gene Cunningham.  He started he was going to produce Bing Bang Bar (pinball machine).  It took him YEARS, lots of complaints and poor communications, project setbacks that ended up costing him more money than he was to make... and yet he Still pulled it off.  He could have packed it in, taking others money to cover expenses... and disappearing under bankruptcy.

It really sucks that these people may have lost their money.  Its equally sucky that people had to endure all the lies and bs that dave layed down, as well as several years of torment and frustration.  However, in the end, there are people that got something that never would have been made by any other company had it not been for dave.

You wont see Randy or Andy making SW yokes.  Its simply too costly.  And if they did, it probably wouldnt be of the same caliber of quality. (to save money / costs.  not that they are not capable of it)   They also dont seem to want to invest in the low quantity, low popularity, custom specialty controllers like 720 or Frontline.  Theres too much money to produce, too much risk, and probably low returns on investments even IF sales were good, AND if there were no complications in manufacturing.

It would scare me a bit to order from Ram Controls,.. but, by using paypal, one should be able to get the funds back if needed. Most especially with ebay purchases.

Still, I think it would be nice to get out a camcorder, introduce yourself Dan, and show us the inventory via youtube.  A great way to put your face to your reputation to instill confidence.  The all-black website needs an overhaul too.  .. as well as fixing all the 'no picture' place-markers, and poor part browsing / ordering layout.

Ebay sales would also be a good option, because they are all handled with ebay & paypal protection combined, as well as a good feedback system, which makes people feel much safer about things.  Even if it costs people a few more dollars , people will pay for the added security..  at least, till your reputation gets well established.

I really hope you can turn the game around, and furthermore, get those vector monitors made as well... before theres no possibility for them to be produced at all.  (are there even any tube crt mfg. left???)

Finally, I dont know if it would be a good thing or not.. but you might get more orders with slight 'part' cost reductions.  Imop, $25 for a single 14 tooth gear is very hard to swallow... even for a specialty part.

You get stuck in a sort of limbo.  Do you spend a possible 150$ in parts and time fixing your existing used assembly... or buy a brand new one?   What do you do with the broken one?  Cant sell it with a broken gear & deformed spring.  Cant recoup the costs already lost on it..  if its going to cost a lot to repair, PLUS the time and energy restoring it.

Finally. to be clear, I dont agree with what Dave did.  Hes a poor business man, and has poor understanding about the meaning and value of Honesty and good communication. 

I agree that people should be suspect and cautious.  However, I dont agree with constant trolling.  Unless its towards someone like David Foley, cause he deserves it 1000x over.  DF is also a predatory snake in the grass... who had no problem cheating/using others, for personal gains... where as David Adams just tried to use the money towards furthering reproduction efforts.  Theres a huge difference between the two.

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2011, 03:51:46 am »
About those CRT Vectors....

What was the story behind that? Is it the same as the SW art, the manufacturer refused for some reason?

I feel I already know this story, but I can't recall what part of the deal fell through.

There may still be a chance down the road for new CRTs to be manufactured yet. I just learned of a small cottage producing vacuum tubes by hand. The guy basically needed tubes for his radio so he figured out how to make them then just started manufacturing them for other radio enthusiasts. Even better he's taken on an apprentice to teach the art to. The tubes cost a pretty penny, but those radio operators got their tubes.

My only hope is that despite CRT's death, the knowledge doesn't disappear with it but holds on until equilibrium is found again.... :-\

davespicer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2012, 04:31:44 am
« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2011, 08:09:00 am »
About those CRT Vectors....

What was the story behind that? Is it the same as the SW art, the manufacturer refused for some reason?

I feel I already know this story, but I can't recall what part of the deal fell through.

There may still be a chance down the road for new CRTs to be manufactured yet. I just learned of a small cottage producing vacuum tubes by hand. The guy basically needed tubes for his radio so he figured out how to make them then just started manufacturing them for other radio enthusiasts. Even better he's taken on an apprentice to teach the art to. The tubes cost a pretty penny, but those radio operators got their tubes.

My only hope is that despite CRT's death, the knowledge doesn't disappear with it but holds on until equilibrium is found again.... :-\

There are differing stories regarding the CRTs.  Dave originally talked about getting them made in Asia I believe, although later posts by others on Klov alleged that they were actually going to be regunned units from Hawkeye.  I'd speculate that both avenues were being looked at.  Only Dave/Dan can say how far along things went.  Personally I'd treat them as vapourware as far as RAM goes.

Hawkeye no longer regun tubes and their equipment has been donated to the Early Television Museum in Hilliard Ohio (source: email from Scotty at Hawkeye).

VDC also used to regun suitable 25" tubes for the Amp and still had stock up until a few weeks ago (source: Erv at VDC).  They've now sold out and have no plans to produce any more.

Anyone based in the US could probably find a 25" TV with a suitable 100 degree CRT.  The chances of finding one in the UK are pretty remote because most of our so-called 25" TVs typically contain a 23" tube.  Not sure about the rest of Europe.  A SW cockpit would require some creative mods to safely mount the smaller size.  Not sure about the uprights.

--
Dave

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 05:15:43 am by davespicer »

Alpha1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 16, 2011, 04:06:48 am
« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2011, 08:18:16 am »
But then you're back to the whole "supporting a company who screwed the community" thing we've been discussing this whole thread.

Actually, if all is True, people would be supporting an enterprising arcade fan who is looking to make some side cash on his hobby.

And actually David was quite amazing.  He got Starwars yokes reproduced in small quantities, with extremely high quality, for a seriously low price. (compared to equivalent arcade quality equipment)

Today, you cant buy something half as complex, in cheap Plastic, for the same amount of money... and thats in MASSIVE quantities.

Take a look at the Race Sim scene.  Small companies make Pedals, Wheels, and Shifters of the same kind of high quality machined parts, with even less complexity, and charge +2x what he was charging.

Even when he ran into production issues, which cost him a lot of money, time and effort... he never raised the prices for the pre-orders. I would have had to raise them.  But then again, I never would have taken pre-orders either.

The people that got messed over the most, were the well-to-do.  No poor person is gona drop several thousands on a video game remake... especially from a company that doesnt even have a remade vector monitor in stock.  And when the delays started to roll in, any one of them could have pulled their money back out.  Some did.  A crook wouldnt have allowed that... nor would a crook actually build starwars yokes, in addition to sinking money into about 10 other controllers (that each required a Ton of custom parts each)

And even as things soured, he ALMOST got the tv mfg. plant to make the brand new vector monitors.  Its pretty much a historic moment that the yokes came to be remade.. but new vector monitors would have been monumental.

Look at Gene Cunningham.  He started he was going to produce Bing Bang Bar (pinball machine).  It took him YEARS, lots of complaints and poor communications, project setbacks that ended up costing him more money than he was to make... and yet he Still pulled it off.  He could have packed it in, taking others money to cover expenses... and disappearing under bankruptcy.

It really sucks that these people may have lost their money.  Its equally sucky that people had to endure all the lies and bs that dave layed down, as well as several years of torment and frustration.  However, in the end, there are people that got something that never would have been made by any other company had it not been for dave.

You wont see Randy or Andy making SW yokes.  Its simply too costly.  And if they did, it probably wouldnt be of the same caliber of quality. (to save money / costs.  not that they are not capable of it)   They also dont seem to want to invest in the low quantity, low popularity, custom specialty controllers like 720 or Frontline.  Theres too much money to produce, too much risk, and probably low returns on investments even IF sales were good, AND if there were no complications in manufacturing.

It would scare me a bit to order from Ram Controls,.. but, by using paypal, one should be able to get the funds back if needed. Most especially with ebay purchases.

Still, I think it would be nice to get out a camcorder, introduce yourself Dan, and show us the inventory via youtube.  A great way to put your face to your reputation to instill confidence.  The all-black website needs an overhaul too.  .. as well as fixing all the 'no picture' place-markers, and poor part browsing / ordering layout.

Ebay sales would also be a good option, because they are all handled with ebay & paypal protection combined, as well as a good feedback system, which makes people feel much safer about things.  Even if it costs people a few more dollars , people will pay for the added security..  at least, till your reputation gets well established.

I really hope you can turn the game around, and furthermore, get those vector monitors made as well... before theres no possibility for them to be produced at all.  (are there even any tube crt mfg. left???)

Finally, I dont know if it would be a good thing or not.. but you might get more orders with slight 'part' cost reductions.  Imop, $25 for a single 14 tooth gear is very hard to swallow... even for a specialty part.

You get stuck in a sort of limbo.  Do you spend a possible 150$ in parts and time fixing your existing used assembly... or buy a brand new one?   What do you do with the broken one?  Cant sell it with a broken gear & deformed spring.  Cant recoup the costs already lost on it..  if its going to cost a lot to repair, PLUS the time and energy restoring it.

Finally. to be clear, I dont agree with what Dave did.  Hes a poor business man, and has poor understanding about the meaning and value of Honesty and good communication. 

I agree that people should be suspect and cautious.  However, I dont agree with constant trolling.  Unless its towards someone like David Foley, cause he deserves it 1000x over.  DF is also a predatory snake in the grass... who had no problem cheating/using others, for personal gains... where as David Adams just tried to use the money towards furthering reproduction efforts.  Theres a huge difference between the two.

Hi there,

Please don't take this as offensive. But that is the biggest crock of ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- I have ever heard. Anyone that has know RAM Controls and Daves ethics over the last 8 years will know he genuinely does scam people. He took me for around $1200USD about 5 years ago.

Dave is also a predatory snake in the grass. He has gone through this cycle a million times.

Please tell me how telling people the SW cockpits were READY is not predatory - even going so far as to take shipping money also? For the KLOV members from Australia and New Zealand?

And in regard to the monitors, please go and read all the RAM threads. A KLOV user bought the remaining NOS Amplifone tubes from Hawkeye, all bought and paid for and was waiting on getting them shipped. When Dave found out about this, he phoned HAWKEYE, pretended to be the guy, and then tried to make them ship them to his address!!! OUTRAGEOUS.

It seems you guys on this forum aren't really aware of them complete scams Dave has done, and I don't know you Xiaou2, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but posting what you posted is just so far off the mark it is unreal.

People like you posting this just adds to the cycle of people that will get ripped off from RAM in the future (If Dan doesn't turn out to be the honest guy he says he is) I hope it works out, but I still believe Dave has very real dealings with this company and I don't believe Dan is letting us know the entire picture.

Please find out the entire 8 year history of RAM and all the scams that have taken place before posting stuff like you did above. Because you are way way WAY off the mark.

Oliver

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2011, 08:25:21 am »
I don't know you Xiaou2, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but posting what you posted is just so far off the mark it is unreal.

Theres your problem right there....

Alpha1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 16, 2011, 04:06:48 am
« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2011, 08:43:08 am »
I don't know you Xiaou2, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but posting what you posted is just so far off the mark it is unreal.

Go through KLOV, and you will see the Tube story yourself. You will also see the victims of the chip bulk deals, sw cockpit deals, parts that were never made but sold as shipping deals, the is my tracking number a real one deals, and all the other scams that affected us, the collectors. After to speaking to Dave on the phone multiple times, I honestly believe that he actually believes the lies he says. It's pretty sad, he's a classic conman. I almost feel sorry for him in a way.

I challenge anyone that doesn't really know the full story and the 8 year train wreck to read the ENTIRE victims stories at KLOV and on many other places like the Vector List before posting an opinion. The classic opinion is the one above 'Dave just started making too many things and he fell behind and isn't it all so bad, I feel sorry for him really' when in reality it is a far far far different story.

I may have 2 posts to my name on these forums (including this one) but i've been collecting for 14 years and am well known on all the other major collecting sites and I have personall history in dealings with Dave. I am not one that is making this up, I was affected, like many others were. Hell he owed his supposed friend/investor Dan 25 THOUSAND DOLLARS. Does that honest to God not ring alarm bells for people? Really? That's why people like Frizz put the lemmings picture on here. Heed the warnings and read the real stories by collectors that have been affected by this on KLOV.

Oliver

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2011, 09:02:13 am »

Go through KLOV, and you will see the Tube story yourself. You will also see the victims of the chip bulk deals, sw cockpit deals, parts that were never made but sold as shipping deals, the is my tracking number a real one deals, and all the other scams that affected us, the collectors. After to speaking to Dave on the phone multiple times, I honestly believe that he actually believes the lies he says. It's pretty sad, he's a classic conman. I almost feel sorry for him in a way.

I challenge anyone that doesn't really know the full story and the 8 year train wreck to read the ENTIRE victims stories at KLOV and on many other places like the Vector List before posting an opinion. The classic opinion is the one above 'Dave just started making too many things and he fell behind and isn't it all so bad, I feel sorry for him really' when in reality it is a far far far different story.

I may have 2 posts to my name on these forums (including this one) but i've been collecting for 14 years and am well known on all the other major collecting sites and I have personall history in dealings with Dave. I am not one that is making this up, I was affected, like many others were. Hell he owed his supposed friend/investor Dan 25 THOUSAND DOLLARS. Does that honest to God not ring alarm bells for people? Really? That's why people like Frizz put the lemmings picture on here. Heed the warnings and read the real stories by collectors that have been affected by this on KLOV.

Oliver

I understand, and I think everyone understands that Dave did terrible things. Do you think that at this point, ordering from Ram is a bad idea? We have a few users here who have received long standing orders from Dan which is what would influence my decision to cautiously place an order with Ram.

Not to mention a few users at KLOV seem to be getting their orders:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:04:59 am by leapinlew »

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2011, 10:47:28 am »

I was taken care of by Dan but my order was very small potatoes in the big picture.

I am cautiously optimistic.  I think for now we should be continuing to wait and see.  I don't have a lot of hope for Dan's ability to make those large order customers whole but he probably can clear up all the small ones like myself.

Spunkmeyer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2011, 09:23:57 pm
« Reply #257 on: June 24, 2011, 11:14:51 am »
I understand, and I think everyone understands that Dave did terrible things. Do you think that at this point, ordering from Ram is a bad idea? We have a few users here who have received long standing orders from Dan which is what would influence my decision to cautiously place an order with Ram.

You know what BYOAC members should take a look at? This Google Docs spreadsheet that's been compiled over at KLOV of people who have been ripped off by RAM Controls.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0An_RLk7EK5WtdFVhbnJBMDBCbzBoamlQZldvRTQwYXc&hl=en&authkey=CPDFuqsL#gid=0

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2011, 11:24:19 am »
I am cautiously optimistic.  I think for now we should be continuing to wait and see.  I don't have a lot of hope for Dan's ability to make those large order customers whole but he probably can clear up all the small ones like myself.

My thoughts as well...filling some smaller orders is a nice first step, but there is major, major damage out there still. I think we should hear Dan out, but he has to deliver some solid plan. As far as the 'wait and see' bit. he deserves a chance to prove himself, but how long should Dan be given before being declared another con artist?

Dan, what is your plan that you promised? If you don't have it ready yet, what time frame can everyone expect to hear your plan by? Your talk has been open and sincere, but without any solid facts or a real time frame. Everyone is still essentially left in the dark. I hope you see the problem here.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:41:27 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #259 on: June 24, 2011, 11:28:03 am »

You know what BYOAC members should take a look at? This Google Docs spreadsheet that's been compiled over at KLOV of people who have been ripped off by RAM Controls.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0An_RLk7EK5WtdFVhbnJBMDBCbzBoamlQZldvRTQwYXc&hl=en&authkey=CPDFuqsL#gid=0

Is that going to be revised when people like Chad are squared away with Dan?
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 02:54:32 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #260 on: June 24, 2011, 11:32:09 am »
Is that going to be revised when people like Chad are squared away with Dan?

There are no other people like Chad...   ;)

bheineck

• Offline Offline
« Reply #261 on: June 24, 2011, 11:35:59 am »
I have reviewed this list, but if it isn't kept up to date, what's the point?  :dunno Case-in-point = ChadTower and I'm pretty sure looking at that list there are others.

Spunkmeyer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2011, 09:23:57 pm
« Reply #262 on: June 24, 2011, 11:39:40 am »
I have reviewed this list, but if it isn't kept up to date, what's the point?  :dunno Case-in-point = ChadTower and I'm pretty sure looking at that list there are others.

I am not the author or keeper of the document. There's a link inside it where people can send their info to be updated.

I think its important that everyone keep this as up-to-date as possible, so BYOAC/KLOV members can be properly informed as to their status.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:42:55 am by Spunkmeyer »

bheineck

• Offline Offline
« Reply #263 on: June 24, 2011, 11:53:33 am »

:blah:

Quote from: gregbl;1668902
FWIW.......Several weeks went by, some emails back and forth, and we came to an agreement on parts that he had available that would make me mostly whole. Basically, I got some parts that I may need at some point, and the dollar value was right around what I had spent after the big discount that Dave had given when I originally placed the orders last fall. So, for now, I've gotten restitution from RAM Controls, via Dan.QUOTE]

Quote from: Wiz;1667470
I was owed 500 and I got 500 worth of parts.

Quote from: mort;1659057
Wow, I received parts ordered back in November 2010 today. I was not expecting that.

Quote from: slots;1658460
I settled my order with Dan after he took over.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #264 on: June 24, 2011, 12:04:51 pm »

:blah:

Quote from: gregbl;1668902
FWIW.......Several weeks went by, some emails back and forth, and we came to an agreement on parts that he had available that would make me mostly whole. Basically, I got some parts that I may need at some point, and the dollar value was right around what I had spent after the big discount that Dave had given when I originally placed the orders last fall. So, for now, I've gotten restitution from RAM Controls, via Dan.QUOTE]

Quote from: Wiz;1667470
I was owed 500 and I got 500 worth of parts.

Quote from: mort;1659057
Wow, I received parts ordered back in November 2010 today. I was not expecting that.

Quote from: slots;1658460
I settled my order with Dan after he took over.

HarumaN was making teh funnay, bheineck.

bheineck

• Offline Offline
« Reply #265 on: June 24, 2011, 12:09:18 pm »
I think its important that everyone keep this as up-to-date as possible, so BYOAC/KLOV members can be properly informed as to their status.

Me too. I think the problem is there were a couple lists and people got tired of sending the info several times of how they got ripped off. The easiest thing both to follow and to create would be for Dan to post a list of all those who have been made whole and amounts, but I'm not sure everyone who has, would want their info posted. It's just not as easy as everyone's opinions make it out to be.

bheineck

• Offline Offline
« Reply #266 on: June 24, 2011, 12:11:57 pm »
HarumaN was making teh funnay, bheineck.

Got it!  :cheers:  But is that Japanese right there?  ;D

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #267 on: June 24, 2011, 12:24:37 pm »
"We've got a DONKEY KONG KILL SCREEN coming up folks"

:laugh2:
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #268 on: June 24, 2011, 12:28:02 pm »
I'd love to see a Donkey Kong kill screen. That would mean I had scored more than 48,000.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #269 on: June 24, 2011, 12:29:47 pm »
how long should Dan be given before being declared another con artist?

Dan has done nothing so far to indicate he is any sort of con artist.  If we ever get new reports of new orders not being filled then we can think about this. 

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #270 on: June 24, 2011, 12:52:13 pm »
how long should Dan be given before being declared another con artist?

Dan has done nothing so far to indicate he is any sort of con artist.  If we ever get new reports of new orders not being filled then we can think about this. 

I know, I was not implying that he was either. I guess my point is that there should be a time frame that Dan is accountable for, because this sort of thing can be left to drag on for years. The whole wait and see thing has to have a limit.

scofthe7seas

• Offline Offline
« Reply #271 on: June 24, 2011, 12:54:45 pm »
Ugh. Stupid sleeping making it difficult to follow this. Why can't you people be courteous, with respect to my inactivity schedule. I post during work hours, what more can be asked of me!! ;) :D

I'm totally sorry, Alpha1. Please don't take that opinion as the typical belief held here. Nobody, NOBODY, myself included, has been holding beliefs that Dave did not give the elgrande shafto to everyone. I'm even going to say he actually did harm the arcade community as a whole. I wasn't there for all that stuff, but I have read many of the threads regarding it and; God. Damn.

As far as a schedule goes, I think something like that would be difficult to lie out. It would be difficult or impossible to predict the amount of (basically) donations. Monies will be available for the reparations. *I think the best we can hope for is a constant and moderately steady/stable level of payments.* As far as the current situation is going, even for the people with giant debts owed, I think they will get repaid. Though it may take a while, and certainly (I was going to say very likely, but no) be paid back in pieces at a time.
As far as this being a scam, as many have said, let's wait and see. I feel like so much of this discussion is based on what could happen, while there is no actual evidence that it is or will. As I've said before, we can be ready for some sweet mob justice, but let's not jump the gun!

Mark my words though, somebody WILL cry foul. Soon I believe. I am of the opinion that it will be a false alarm, so I implore Dan to continue the high level of communication he has been. Give no reasons for doubt. Keep up the good work!

Edited for clarification, represented with asterisks
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:14:37 pm by scofthe7seas »

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #272 on: June 24, 2011, 01:00:32 pm »
As far as a schedule goes, I think something like that would be difficult to lie out. It would be difficult or impossible to predict what amount of (basically) donations.

The schedule doesn't need to be fixed to dollars. It can be fixed to units sold. So, for example, for every 3 X items he sells he can send a previous person their unit. The best thing he could do is provide as much transparency as he can. He has a "plan" but so does Billy Mitchell.

Share the plan.

scofthe7seas

• Offline Offline
« Reply #273 on: June 24, 2011, 01:04:43 pm »
The schedule doesn't need to be fixed to dollars. It can be fixed to units sold. So, for example, for every 3 X items he sells he can send a previous person their unit. The best thing he could do is provide as much transparency as he can. He has a "plan" but so does Billy Mitchell.

Share the plan.

I can get behind that, though I think it would be better represented with profits. Say for instance, one third of profits gained go towards a total owed. (the man's got to make a living, as well)
This doesn't mean the total owed because obviously a large portion of the payments have and will be product, so the profit percentage will be going into shipping and handlings, making the reparations come along at a decent rate.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:13:26 pm by scofthe7seas »

bkenobi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2021, 10:41:52 pm
« Reply #274 on: June 24, 2011, 01:04:50 pm »
This won't be popular, but I don't think Dan should try to make the big ticket orders whole.  I think the people who ordered SW cabinets that were impossible for DAVE to build (since he was, you know, missing all the parts...) would be even more impossible for DAN to finish.  The cost of those units is enormous and even giving store credit wouldn't make things right.  IMO (again, just my opinion), Dan can fill back ordered parts that he has and nothing more.  I still say people are pushing too hard as he's not liable, just trying to do what he feels is best for his new company (Dan's RAM Controls...as opposed to DAVE's RAM Controls).  The people who will never get what they paid DAVE for should continue to pursue legal action against DAVE.

But, that's my opinion as an outsider to this whole mess.   :dunno

scofthe7seas

• Offline Offline
« Reply #275 on: June 24, 2011, 01:08:29 pm »
Rawhide!

I agree bkenobi, but I know for a fact the majority will not. It's a huge point of contention, and the trust levels will not be gained by the group as a whole if this isn't attended to. I can't imagine the nightmare it would be if he stated this.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #276 on: June 24, 2011, 01:17:31 pm »

I would like to see legal action continue against Dave.  Absolutely.  The man has committed felonies over and over again.  I can't figure out why nobody has ever gone looking for him given how many he scammed.

wbassett

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2023, 04:34:49 am
« Reply #277 on: June 24, 2011, 01:44:40 pm »
Dave is the one everyone should be focusing their anger on.

This thread amazes me... 

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #278 on: June 24, 2011, 02:04:03 pm »
Dave is the one everyone should be focusing their anger on.

This thread amazes me... 

While I don't think people should be jumping on Dan and should give him a fair shake, it isn't unreasonable that people expect the company who screwed them to be responsible.

It doesn't matter who is in charge. If I order from Amazon and the company shifts hands, I still expect Amazon to fulfill my order, not go on a manhunt for the previous owner of Amazon. A customer shouldn't have to decipher who is the current owner, what drama unfolded, where the inventory is located, etc.

scofthe7seas

• Offline Offline
« Reply #279 on: June 24, 2011, 02:32:29 pm »
But that's the same old "If amazon was renamed Ma'amazon under that new ownership would they still owe people?" (shrug) It's a sticky situation. All kinds of grey.