Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The current status of Ram Controls:  (Read 116047 times)

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
Re: The current status of Ram Controls:
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2011, 11:50:11 am »
EDIT: I see that Dan has responded in kind to my comments. Please listen to what he has to say. Bashing Ram Controls at this point is not the best path forward.

...and I disagree wholeheartedly.

It would be a slap in the face to those who've been screwed by RAM to take a single part from them until they are paid back.

If Dan couldn't cover what was owed by RAM when he acquired it,   he shouldn't have acquired it int he first place.

That is just bad business.

Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

smalltownguy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2023, 10:48:26 am
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2011, 11:52:40 am »
Frizz, I applaud your efforts to stand up for the community here, but I have to respectfully disagree with your approach. Your continued comments about Ram Controls being a tainted company is doing further damage to the reputation that you just commend Dan for attempting to fix. Please stop shooting yourself in the foot, so to speak.

I'm not asking you to back off. But I am asking you to take the high road here and be patient while you allow Dan to do his work.

Man, will my cab EVER be finished?

matsadona

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2023, 06:00:12 am
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2011, 12:10:34 pm »
As it looks right now, Dan is actually trying to do something good.

He always had the option so get the stock from Dave and just put it on ebay, without giving the outstanding orders a single thought, and make some money and screw the whole community. Then he would have cleared out his debt from Dave and all others would still be screwed. And there wouldn't be any products like this available ever after.

I really think this is a better situation, though not the optimal situation. Give Dan a break and let him proof that he is the real thing and that he actually tries to make things right for others he doesn't really have to care about.

Building, collecting and playing arcade machines :)

channelmaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2019, 12:36:18 am
    • Arcadecomponents.com
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 12:10:49 pm »
I can see where Frizz is coming from as we've seen Dave try to fix things in the past only to screw more people out of money... Also there was "Adam" and others that have stepped in to try and right the ship before so I can see why Frizz is weary of Dan's claims of paying or compensating people for what they are owed as it has been seen before.

Dan, one thing you can do to help with the situation is to cooperate with the police and with the attempts at the lawsuits against RAM Controls. Mediation is cheaper than lawyers and is legally binding. Seeing progress on the legal front and via paybacks to the folks who are owed the most would be a massive step forward.

Frizz, would that satisfy your need for blood?
Call me a cheap bastard... I learned to fix things to save money... even surface mount soldering...

Visit my website: http://www.arcadecomponents.com

My repair logs are kept at: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?board=19.0

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2011, 12:11:55 pm »
Frizz, I applaud your efforts to stand up for the community here, but I have to respectfully disagree with your approach. Your continued comments about Ram Controls being a tainted company is doing further damage to the reputation that you just commend Dan for attempting to fix. Please stop shooting yourself in the foot, so to speak.

I'm not asking you to back off. But I am asking you to take the high road here and be patient while you allow Dan to do his work.

I disagree.  Frankly,  RAM should be banned here and at KLOV until the company pays back what is owed.  Period.  But that's not my call.  Dan should just do what he needs to do to get people paid off...and then... and ONLY then should he be posting here or on KLOV in an attempt to drum up sales.

Would you be OK with Slick Stick coming back and attempting to drum up sales BEFORE he paid back those he scammed?

Why is this any different?

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2020, 01:17:35 pm
    • Custom Arcade Game Printing
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2011, 12:13:52 pm »
Im with Frizz on this.
Yes please purchase items from RamControls. a company known for ripping people off for +25k
Asumming Dan is a real person and not just another Dave/adam (yes they were one of the same)
or other alias hes been known to use.

But Im hear to report Dave is still alive and still ripping people off -FACT
I recently helped identified a voice recording that should be used in court against him.
Ram Controls is responsible and youll end up going down with Dave or in place of him if its now really now
"your company."
But seriously Ram as a name is about as good as Enron.
Not to worry others have allready been stepping up and doing products suposly only Ram and China couldve magically done

The Ram name has been tainted for years and its not just cockpits
ever figure out what happen to all those Lunar Lander and Missile Command control panels??
must have been on that same pallet with the cockpits

Funny how "Dan" can post here and not on KLOV where most of the problems are

if Dave owed you I would think you wouldve been better off taking whatever leftovers he had and power selling them on ebay to recoupe your loss and start a new name for yourself if you wished to continue making these suposedly wonderful products.
Just my 25c

Saving the Planet one Game at a time.

www.ThisOldGame.com

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2011, 12:15:09 pm »
As it looks right now, Dan is actually trying to do something good.

He always had the option so get the stock from Dave and just put it on ebay, without giving the outstanding orders a single thought, and make some money and screw the whole community. Then he would have cleared out his debt from Dave and all others would still be screwed. And there wouldn't be any products like this available ever after.

That would not be screwing the community.  That would be one large debtor coming to a settlement.  There is a difference between acquiring the company and buying its physical assets.  Acquiring the company puts Dan on the hook to us.  Acquiring its assets, while it would not help us, would not be Dan screwing anyone.  When an underwater company starts to liquidate the race is on to get what can be had before the assets are gone and remaining debtors end up a claimant in bankruptcy proceedings.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2011, 12:17:03 pm »
I can see where Frizz is coming from as we've seen Dave try to fix things in the past only to screw more people out of money... Also there was "Adam" and others that have stepped in to try and right the ship before so I can see why Frizz is weary of Dan's claims of paying or compensating people for what they are owed as it has been seen before.

Dan, one thing you can do to help with the situation is to cooperate with the police and with the attempts at the lawsuits against RAM Controls. Mediation is cheaper than lawyers and is legally binding. Seeing progress on the legal front and via paybacks to the folks who are owed the most would be a massive step forward.

Frizz, would that satisfy your need for blood?

No need for blood... just tired of this company screwing people over... and over... and over... SINCE 2006 that I am aware of.

If it came out that Dan was working with Steph and the Police... that would be a HUGE step forward for sure.

That said... I don't feel bad for Dan at all... he should have known what he was buying...

EDIT: BTW- Riki makes a HELL OF A POINT.  Why are you posting only here Dan and not at KLOV where the majority of the big issues are?  That, in of itself,  seems pretty freakin' suspicious... slick... par for the course when it comes to RAM.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:20:39 pm by FrizzleFried »

dan_ram

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2011, 11:18:56 am
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2011, 12:20:20 pm »
I just want to make it clear that if I had not stepped up and taken over the company then all of the stock I hold would have ended up in a big dumpster. None of the 20 people I have already shipped stock to who were owed something would have received anything. Several other people in the community were offered Ram Controls and they chose not to do so. I did knowing it would be an uphill battle and I will continue to take care of those as I can. solved.  

Frizz, I have a question, are you owed anything from Ram Controls personally? If so send me an email and I will work to take care of you. If not then please help me take care of those who are. ChadTower is owed something by Ram Controls and has a legitimate issue. He contacted me and I am going to take care of him.

P.S. I am working with Steph, We talk via email every week or two. I have spoken on the phone with him, he can verify that I am not in fact Dave, and I am trying to get him taken care of too.

EDIT: I started here because there was less issue here.. As I have mentioned many times I am working on the problem gradually and systematically and several people in the community recommended that I start here first.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:24:04 pm by dan_ram »

channelmaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2019, 12:36:18 am
    • Arcadecomponents.com
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2011, 12:21:41 pm »
No need for blood... just tired of this company screwing people over... and over... and over... SINCE 2006 that I am aware of.

If it came out that Dan was working with Steph and the Police... that would be a HUGE step forward for sure.

That said... I don't feel bad for Dan at all... he should have known what he was buying...

Thanks,

Just wanted to see if there was a reasonable way to show progress and to let Dan find a way out of this mess.

Raymond
Call me a cheap bastard... I learned to fix things to save money... even surface mount soldering...

Visit my website: http://www.arcadecomponents.com

My repair logs are kept at: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?board=19.0

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2011, 12:23:50 pm »
I am owed the same thing RAM owes the rest of the community... RESPECT.  RAM has provided none over the last 5+ years.  I called RAM a tainted company 4+ years ago and nothing has changed.  For the sake of future possible victims it may have been better if those parts ended up in the dumpster.

Prove me wrong.  Stop promoting RAM... get people paid up... come back then.  If not... this is going to be an REAL uphill battle for you.

davespicer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2012, 04:31:44 am
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2011, 12:24:17 pm »

Dave...i'll give you a pass since your a newb.

This is an "issue" i've been harping on for 5 years now.  Dave/RAM didn't JUST start screwing people.  Dave/RAM has been screwing people for  years.

You don't know the history.  You're commenting from zero perspective.

Don't buy from a thief... just that simple... and RAM is a company that has been stealing from the community.  I don't know how to make that more clear?

If you're really interested in the history...it's all right here on the forums...and at KLOV.

I have a fairly long history in the arcade community (Google is your friend) and have dealt with RAM Controls on a number of occasions over the past couple of years.  I was on the dreaded yoke preorder list for starters and had every reason to be unhappy about the way things went there.  After the protracted delays on the yoke, any further dealings I had with DaveA were smooth and problem-free.  As a result, I don't have a beef with him personally, although I'm well aware (and shocked by) what went on with the cockpit preorders and would not have ordered from RAM again without some clear sign that things had changed.

Surely if the intention was to take the money and run, Dan would've purchased RAM's stock and sold it under a different company name?  Showing a willingness to take responsibility for all of the company's baggage is encouraging I think.  I know I'd rather see RAM succeed and pay back its debtors than crash and burn leaving everybody out of pocket.  I'm not sure what the situation is in the US, but in the UK companies regularly go under without their owners ever being held to account for their liabilities.

People will make up their own minds and don't need to be patronised or labelled as traitors to the community if they don't fit in with the Friz world view.

--
Dave

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2011, 12:32:49 pm »
...and I call it as I see it.  I don't mince words and I don't ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow---.  If that's too much for you to deal with,  I respectfully apologize and invite you to add me to your "ignore" list.  

---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow--- is one thing I don't do well... and when it comes to this situation... RAM controls has been for 4 years... a pet-peeve of mine.  That a company can take pre-orders for parts that will never... CAN NEVER see the light of day just doesn't bide well with me and I will... am... and will continue to point out the ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow---.

Sorry if that offends your sensibilities.

EDIT: Furthermore... if pointing out that it's not "kosher" to purchase from a company who has STOLEN from the very community you're poking around in makes me a bad person... so be it.  I'm a bad person.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:37:57 pm by FrizzleFried »

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2011, 12:40:48 pm »
Id also suggest updating the website
removing products that dont exist and particaularly those claimed to be made from "Original Atari Art Films"
which will NEVER happen.

www.ThisOldGame.com

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:37:53 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2011, 12:42:41 pm »

dan_ram

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2011, 12:49:12 pm »
Fritz,

By your posts it would seem that you are not owed anything by Ram Controls other than some vague concept of 'respect'. My appearance on the forums to explain the situation and ask for people to contact me so that I might take care of those who are owed is showing a LOT more 'respect' then you seem to be exhibiting. Just so you and everyone else understands the name Ram Controls is just a brand name. I did not buy the business entity. I own the web domain ramcontrols.com but my business is a new entity and is not even called Ram Controls. The only thing that is the same from David's time is the stock of the company and its intellectual property.

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2011, 12:53:43 pm »
the name Ram Controls is just a brand name. I did not buy the business entity. I own the web domain ramcontrols.com but my business is a new entity and is not even called Ram Controls. The only thing that is the same from David's time is the stock of the company and its intellectual property.

That cerainly clears things up :laugh2:

www.ThisOldGame.com

Spunkmeyer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2011, 09:23:57 pm
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2011, 01:02:13 pm »
Just so you and everyone else understands the name Ram Controls is just a brand name. I did not buy the business entity. I own the web domain ramcontrols.com but my business is a new entity and is not even called Ram Controls. The only thing that is the same from David's time is the stock of the company and its intellectual property.

??? ??? ???

dan_ram

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2011, 01:02:22 pm »
Look my goal here is not to promote the business, it is to let people know what is going on and ask for those who are owed something to contact me.. There are so many people who are owed that there is no way that I could find them all without making my presence known and posting my contact methods. It is not my intent to promote new products or services on the forums at this time as I see taking care of those who are owed as my first priority. If a few people here and there want to try buying something small to test the waters so be it but my primary goal was to open communication and make sure everyone knew what I was doing and to have a way to contact me.

isucamper

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2019, 05:13:08 pm
  • I'm a slasher... of prices!!
    • my project arcade blog
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2011, 01:04:45 pm »
Well, I gotta say if Dan can legitimize RAM controls, it would be a huge asset to all of us, and he would desearve a great deal gratitude for going to the trouble of fixing the unfixable.  He seems competant and respectful, and if he's taking care of the people that got ripped off, that's all that matters right now.

It's a lot more than what I was expecting of the situation, that's for sure.  
THE SYSTEM          Popeye

Spunkmeyer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2011, 01:10:39 pm »
I just want to make it clear that if I had not stepped up and taken over the company then all of the stock I hold would have ended up in a big dumpster. None of the 20 people I have already shipped stock to who were owed something would have received anything. Several other people in the community were offered Ram Controls and they chose not to do so. I did knowing it would be an uphill battle and I will continue to take care of those as I can.

I'm having trouble reconciling this earlier comment by you with the one that says you didn't buy the business.

bkenobi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2021, 10:41:52 pm
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2011, 01:16:31 pm »
I have no stock in the RAM Controls business as their products are out of my ball park, but I'm confused as to why you are fulfilling orders that RAM Controls owe when you only bought "The only thing that is the same from David's time is the stock of the company and its intellectual property."  If that's the case, and you're business ID is not the same as Dave's, then why would you fulfill any of the orders that Dave and RAM Controls (circa Dave) is responsible for?  I understand good will buying credibility in the community, but, if that's the case, shouldn't you point that out from the beginning?   :dunno

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2011, 01:17:18 pm »
Fritz,

By your posts it would seem that you are not owed anything by Ram Controls other than some vague concept of 'respect'. My appearance on the forums to explain the situation and ask for people to contact me so that I might take care of those who are owed is showing a LOT more 'respect' then you seem to be exhibiting. Just so you and everyone else understands the name Ram Controls is just a brand name. I did not buy the business entity. I own the web domain ramcontrols.com but my business is a new entity and is not even called Ram Controls. The only thing that is the same from David's time is the stock of the company and its intellectual property.

So you want you cake and eat it too?

Well guess what Dan.  You're going to have to deal with me calling it like it is.  Like it or not.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2011, 01:20:49 pm »
Look my goal here is not to promote the business, it is to let people know what is going on and ask for those who are owed something to contact me.. There are so many people who are owed that there is no way that I could find them all without making my presence known and posting my contact methods. It is not my intent to promote new products or services on the forums at this time as I see taking care of those who are owed as my first priority. If a few people here and there want to try buying something small to test the waters so be it but my primary goal was to open communication and make sure everyone knew what I was doing and to have a way to contact me.

More BS.  Can you explain then the EMAILS you've been sending people asking them to post that they've gotten their parts and that RAM is back?

I'm still waiting to hear about your thoughts on RAM taking orders and money for products that can never be produced.

Or the fact the site still has a lot of inaccurate information....

...or...or...or...

EDIT: Here is the email for reference:

Ram Controls Satisfied Customers List
Friday, June 10, 2011 2:37 PM
"Ram Controls Dan" <sales@ram-controls.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
xxx
Hi xxx,

As a recent customer of Ram controls I am sending you this email to ask for your help. As you may or may not know I took over the operation of Ram Controls on March 15th 2011 from David Adams, the company founder. Due to a number of personal issues he was not able to give Ram Controls the attention it deserved and in some cases customers had placed orders that were not delivered. The problems in question have been resolved and I am working dilligently to take care of these back orders and make sure all current clients receive good customer service.

I am putting together a list of recent customers who would be willing to assist in spreading the word that I am taking good care of people who are ordering from Ram Controls. This help can be in a number of ways. The first is way is for those of you who are members of KLOV or BYOAC to post on those forums that the orders you placed were processed in a timely manner and you received your product. The second is to allow me to refer potential customers to you who might want some verification that I am taking care of Ram Controls orders quickly. I will only refer potential customers to past clients who explicitly allow me to do this. If you say no or do not respond I will NOT add you to this list. Both of these are totally voluntary but there is an old saying that goes if you don’t ask the answer is always no, so I am asking.

If you cannot or do not want to help I totally understand, but for those who choose to help I very much appreciate the effort. I am working on several new parts and controllers and expect to make several product announcements soon. Thank you for your past business and I look forward to taking good care of you in the future.

Sincerely,

Dan Johnston

Owner: Ram Controls

(Note the OWNER; RAM CONTROLS)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 01:23:56 pm by FrizzleFried »

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2011, 01:22:44 pm »
I just want to make it clear that if I had not stepped up and taken over the company then all of the stock I hold would have ended up in a big dumpster. None of the 20 people I have already shipped stock to who were owed something would have received anything. Several other people in the community were offered Ram Controls and they chose not to do so. I did knowing it would be an uphill battle and I will continue to take care of those as I can.

I'm having trouble reconciling this earlier comment by you with the one that says you didn't buy the business.

That and so far theres only been 3 people posted on KLOV I got this back but still waiting on this...
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=174435
and no one posting holy ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- batman I got my cockpit, lunar lander and missile comand control panels in the mail today!!!

sending out some tubes of nyogel and missing yoke overlays dont make up for the fraud of the rest of it.

From another post less than a month ago a paypal transaction with Ramcontrols and phone number was still Daves voice. Dont be fooled Daves not dead and is still ripping people off and still has access to these parts-FACT
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 01:25:42 pm by rikitiki »

www.ThisOldGame.com

smalltownguy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2011, 01:23:44 pm »
I have no stock in the RAM Controls business as their products are out of my ball park, but I'm confused as to why you are fulfilling orders that RAM Controls owe when you only bought "The only thing that is the same from David's time is the stock of the company and its intellectual property."  If that's the case, and you're business ID is not the same as Dave's, then why would you fulfill any of the orders that Dave and RAM Controls (circa Dave) is responsible for?  I understand good will buying credibility in the community, but, if that's the case, shouldn't you point that out from the beginning?   :dunno

That one's easy. There's no way Dan could sell this merchandise -- even under another company name -- without someone in the arcade collection/restoration/building community noticing it and publicizing it. Should Dan ever expect to have a long-term business relationship with members of this hobby, this is probably his only course of action.

Spunkmeyer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2011, 01:24:03 pm »
I'm confused as to why you are fulfilling orders that RAM Controls owe when you only bought "The only thing that is the same from David's time is the stock of the company and its intellectual property."  If that's the case, and you're business ID is not the same as Dave's, then why would you fulfill any of the orders that Dave and RAM Controls (circa Dave) is responsible for?

Yes, my questions exactly. Where is Dave Adams in all of this?

smalltownguy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2011, 01:25:16 pm »
Where is Dave Adams in all of this?

Why would anyone care? That's a dead end road.

Spunkmeyer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2011, 01:27:23 pm »

Not if Dave Adams still owns the business entity, which is what Dan seems to be saying. If Dave owns the business, he owns its liabilities.

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2011, 01:28:51 pm »

Really??
hes still ripping people off for these parts and still has access to them.

Its a small community Dave/Adam/Ram Controls.

www.ThisOldGame.com

Mikezilla

• I have a hairy back and everything!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2017, 07:06:56 pm
  • I can't see the picture darn it!!!
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2011, 01:36:00 pm »
IS there a thread on the BYOAC forums about what happened before? I checked over on the KLOV forums, but I dont like how those threads read. Im with Frizzle on what has been transpiring, based on what I have read so far. So the guy screwed a bunch of people out of preorders, then pretended to be someone taking over, then screwed them again, and now there is a "new guy" doing it all over? Thats insane!

I did however think it was funny that one of the machine shops the guy uses is literally down the street from where I live. In San Diego.
Pictures are overrated anyway.

Spunkmeyer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2011, 01:39:26 pm »

bkenobi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2021, 10:41:52 pm
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2011, 01:40:30 pm »

Well, that may be true, but it depends on the way the business was licensed.  There are a lot of ways to open a business and the debt and liability implications vary from one form to another as well as where the business is founded (different states, different laws).  My wife would be able to answer this better than I as I don't have an MBA, but I know that LLC's are different than SCorp etc.

In the end, Dave's name is on the business license, so he minimally has some limited liability.  In any case, if the business closes it's doors with people owed money, then the debtors don't follow the assets, they follow the business ID.  Thus, they would be owed by whoever has the financial obligation of Dave's RAM Controls business ID.  That's likely Dave.

Mikezilla

• I have a hairy back and everything!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2017, 07:06:56 pm
  • I can't see the picture darn it!!!
Pictures are overrated anyway.

smalltownguy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2011, 01:44:32 pm »
Well, that may be true, but it depends on the way the business was licensed.  There are a lot of ways to open a business and the debt and liability implications vary from one form to another as well as where the business is founded (different states, different laws).  My wife would be able to answer this better than I as I don't have an MBA, but I know that LLC's are different than SCorp etc.

In the end, Dave's name is on the business license, so he minimally has some limited liability.  In any case, if the business closes it's doors with people owed money, then the debtors don't follow the assets, they follow the business ID.  Thus, they would be owed by whoever has the financial obligation of Dave's RAM Controls business ID.  That's likely Dave.

None of which matters, because Dan has made a public proclamation that he intends to take care of everyone who has been wronged. He stated it in his first post in this thread.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2011, 01:45:28 pm »
That is just one of many...

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2011, 01:49:58 pm »

That is exactly what I've been talking about.  I didn't explain the concept like bkenobi did.  I was talking about the actual implications rather than the legal.  It is important to know who actually owns the business because the business owes money.  The inventory and IP of Ram Controls doesn't know anything to anybody.

FWIW, Dan and I have been emailing back and forth today, and I will let everybody know if a completed settlement happens.  That won't address everybody but it would be a positive report in this ugly situation.

Spunkmeyer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2011, 01:55:17 pm »
None of which matters, because Dan has made a public proclamation that he intends to take care of everyone who has been wronged. He stated it in his first post in this thread.

His original message also implied he was the owner of the company. Now he says he's not.

The owner of the business entity is the one who is legally liable and subject to prosecution for fraud.

dan_ram

• Offline Offline
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2011, 01:57:05 pm »
Some of you are making the claim that I am Dave.. I refer you to the MANY post's Steph has made on KLOV that he has spoken to Dave and myself and he can verify that I am not in fact Dave. Shilmover who is on this board as well has made a similar post as he knows Dave well and has spoken to both him and myself on the phone and can verify that we are not the same person.

I am taking care of the past debts because it is good business. I am taking care of those who are owed past debts because it is the RIGHT thing to do. I am taking care of past customers because it is always easier to take care of past customers to keep a business alive than generate new customers.  It is my hope that some of those people I have taken care of will buy from me in the future, and you know it has worked. Some of those I have fulfilled orders for who were owed in the past have bought from me again and I have shipped their new orders quickly. As to why people who I have taken care of have not posted that fact on the forums, just look at the flames that are being fanned by certain people who are not owed anything by Ram Controls. Would you want to jump in to that fray???

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2011, 02:00:56 pm »
No one is saying you aren't taking care of past customers... because it seems like you are.

And I, for one,  do believe you are not Dave (based on a number of posts at KLOV).

But the bottom line is the bottom line.  RAM is a tainted company.  Until RAM has paid back every cent it ripped off people,  it will remain so.

I hope you can do it for the sake of those who've been ripped off... but it's NOT cool to solicit new business from the same community that the company you now own (that is what OWNER means in your signature on the emails,  right?) until past due debts have been satisfied.

Simple concept.

Why does it seem to be so hard to understand?

Hell,  I'd jump on your bandwagon had you SHUTTERED your website for new orders and put a statement up saying no new orders will be taken until past due debts have been satisfied.

But that's not going to happen... now is it?

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 02:02:47 pm by FrizzleFried »