Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The current status of Ram Controls:  (Read 116036 times)

dan_ram

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2011, 11:18:56 am
The current status of Ram Controls:
« on: June 15, 2011, 03:00:20 pm »
A lot of people on this forum have wanted to know what is really going over at Ram Controls and with David Adams. This post will cover what has happened and what will be happening in the near future.

As most of you know David Adams is the guy who started Ram Controls and as everyone is aware, has not been taking care of business, and owes a lot of people Ram Controls stock, other merchandise, and money. I was one of those people, and was owed around $25K by David. He has been going through an immense level of personal turmoil that one effect has been the loosing of his residence. Under this current situation I have taken possession of the stock, intellectual property, and website of Ram Controls as payment of his debt to me. I have taken eight pickup loads of stock from David’s residence and transferred it to my warehouse. If I had not taken this stock it would have been lost forever, and nothing would ever become of all those who are owed. I am planning on continuing the Ram Controls business, releasing new products, and taking care of all past and current customers.

Since I took over on March 15th I have made a number of efforts to fix the previous problems and take good care of new customers. I have made a number of changes to the way that Ram Controls does business and have been working behind the scenes to try to take care of the many customers who are owed Ram Controls product.

Key Changes:

1: The primary focus of my endeavors will be to satisfy everyone who is owed stock or refunds and take care of current and future orders.

2:  There will no longer be any sales of product that is not currently in stock. There will be no pre-orders or advance sales. If a project is not complete it will not be order-able. If you buy something and I cannot ship it within 7 days I will issue you a refund, period. I do not take the money out of PayPal until the order ships so if there is a problem I can immediately give a refund.

3: There will no longer be any store credit sales. In times past David had offered things like $1000 store credit for $500. This kind of stuff will not happen in the future. I may periodically do sales to increase business but will be only offered as a discount on orders or specific items that are available to ship immediately.

4: Anyone who is owed stock I will try to resolve their situation ASAP. If you have store credit or wish to take your debt in Ram Controls stock I will take care of this quickly. If you want cash refunds I will attempt to process them as sales come in but understand that no money came to me from David as part of the sale of assets so I have to issue refunds based on income from stock sales.

If you are owed anything from Ram Controls please send me an email at:
 sales@ram-controls.com

I cannot resolve all of the problems immediately but I will work to do it as fast as I can. To date I have shipped over $5000 worth of product to 20 people who were owed one thing or another. I have also processed 62 new orders and every one of those orders has gone out in a timely manner usually within 1-2 business days. The bottom line is that all new orders are being processed quickly and those who are owed will eventually be compensated. If you have any questions please send me an email at sales@ram-controls.com or PM me here.

Dan Johnston
Owner – Ram Controls.com

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:37:53 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
Re: The current status of Ram Controls:
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 03:13:25 pm »
 :applaud:

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 03:21:38 pm »
Can I get a refund for those 10 prepaid Star Wars cockpits?
:whap

dan_ram

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 03:24:19 pm »
I think my post answers that question. I will eventually take care of the SW cabinet people too, but it will take time.

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 03:32:21 pm »
Emailed.  This isn't the first person to step forward and claim to be resolving Dave's nonfillled orders.  The last guy didn't get it done any better than Dave.  Maybe this guy will.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 03:33:14 pm »
I'd be happy to vouch for Dan. I got in contact with him after some people here talked about dealing with the new ownership at RAM. I contacted him and he was very polite and reasonable, assuaging any concerns I might have had. Although I previously had no intention of dealing with RAM and Dave, I gave Dan a chance based on other people's recent experiences here as well as my interactions with him. I was upfront with my concerns and expectations, and he was very clear about what had happened previously as well as his plans for making things right. I placed an order, and that day I received a tracking number. My stuff came two days later, but there was an issue (not Dan's fault- UPS punctured the box and damaged an overlay). I contacted him about it, and he had a replacement out to me that same morning (even though he probably could have told me to file a claim with UPS). Within the span of 5 business days, I received two shipments from Dan. He's a good guy, and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again. He's in a tough position, but based on our conversations, I can tell he wants to make things right. Just my $0.02.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

spoot

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2015, 10:36:18 am
  • Destroyer of electronics
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 04:58:05 pm »
Good luck Dan.   :cheers:

GibsonRiddler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2018, 03:26:11 pm
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 06:39:22 pm »
Wish you the best of luck. Would hate to think these items would disappear from the scene.
I need a house to put stuff in, instead of an apartment with stacks of boxes.

dan_ram

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 06:41:14 pm »
Many would consider Ram Controls name to be damaged however I am confident that I can turn it around. The company has excellent products; all it needs is time and good customer service. I have been an EBay power seller and have shipped tens of thousands of products to buyers so I know how to run a mail order business. I have an engineering background and will be working to complete some of the unfinished products. There are three projects in production that David never finished and I will be releasing them through the summer.

Ram Controls has a LOT of stock and all of it is good and sell-able. I have a batch of Star Wars, Major Havoc, and Lunar Lander controllers completed ready for immediate shipment and dozens of other parts available.  I also have possession of the build documents and parts supplier documents so I can resupply the parts as needed.  This process will take time but in the end I will take care of those who are owed.

isucamper

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2019, 05:13:08 pm
  • I'm a slasher... of prices!!
    • my project arcade blog
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 07:56:56 pm »
Weren't there Star Wars cabinet preorders on the order of 100,000 dollars that never got filled?  It sounds like in the transition of the company from Dave to you he took all that money and ran and you don't have control of a single cent of what he stole.  I hope you are aware of just how upset people are over what he did.  He criminally stole from a relatively small community of enthusiasts.
THE SYSTEM          Popeye

Encryptor

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2023, 08:01:18 pm
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 08:01:41 pm »
Good luck in your venture!

dan_ram

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 08:07:05 pm »
If you want to quote numbers you probably should make sure that your numbers are somewhat close. I think the actual number from the documentation I have, the conversations I have had with people, and the data provided on the KLOV database is somewhere in the 6-8 cabinet range. Probably in the $15 - $20K range. At least one of those people and perhaps two of them were successful in getting charge backs. I am aware of the amount of money involved and I can understand that people are upset, but I think it would be better to try to find ways to help all of those people at this point.

KonkeyKong

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2021, 09:57:07 pm
  • Monkey is my business and business is good.
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 08:31:59 pm »
Say someone was really really interested in a part, like maybe a handle weldment for a yoke  ;D and this part was not in stock yet... what would be your preferred method for said individual to know when part was available for purchase?

dan_ram

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 08:59:22 pm »
Most of the time I remove the add to cart button from the website if something is not available for immediate shipping. If there is any doubt send me an email. - sales@ram-controls.com

Unlike Dave I actually answer emails. I check the my email multiple times each day during the week and usually at least once each day on the weekend. If there is any part you want to verify that is in stock send me an email at sales@ram-controls.com and Ill let you know. Remember I do not take the money out of PayPal until I ship your order so if by some reason a part is not available Ill give you a refund right away. Someone else made a comment about the clunky website and it was a valid point. I am looking at other e-commerce options that do a much better job of inventory tracking.

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2024, 01:02:45 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 09:06:15 pm »
Welcome Dan and I sincerely hope things work out.

:cheers:
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

KonkeyKong

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2021, 09:57:07 pm
  • Monkey is my business and business is good.
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 09:14:10 pm »
Unlike Dave I actually answer emails.

I'll vouch for this!!  I've sent a few e-mails to you already and each one has been answered promptly and rather in depth as well.

JustMichael

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2015, 01:19:40 am
  • Mmmmm!! Cheesecake!!
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 01:10:32 am »
I just hope this isn't a case of new dancer but same old tune...

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 01:31:35 am »
 I also have possession of the build documents and parts supplier documents so I can resupply the parts as needed.  This process will take time but in the end I will take care of those who are owed.

Looks like this answers my question. So we can expect these parts to be "restocked" over time. I would so love to have a Star Wars yoke but at this time the poor economy has forced me to go "on guard" with my money. In a nutshell, things are getting really ugly where I live and arcade cabinets don't offer a means of defense. :bat

shrunkenmaster

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2022, 10:17:33 am
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 02:59:04 am »
Recently I ordered a SW Yoke Interface & overlay. I can say two things:

1. I received the products in good time.

2. Communication with Dan was answered in good time.

I wish Dan all the best for the future of Ram Controls and look forward to doing business again.

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 10:39:42 am »
I think my post answers that question. I will eventually take care of the SW cabinet people too, but it will take time.

Until the time those folks are paid back your company and your product are tainted.  Anyone who buys from this guy BEFORE everyone has been paid back is adding to the problem.  Period.

Go away... pay back the people Dave Adams STOLE from... come back and try again.

Anything less... and you're par of the problem too Dan.

Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 10:40:50 am »
I'd be happy to vouch for Dan. I got in contact with him after some people here talked about dealing with the new ownership at RAM. I contacted him and he was very polite and reasonable, assuaging any concerns I might have had. Although I previously had no intention of dealing with RAM and Dave, I gave Dan a chance based on other people's recent experiences here as well as my interactions with him. I was upfront with my concerns and expectations, and he was very clear about what had happened previously as well as his plans for making things right. I placed an order, and that day I received a tracking number. My stuff came two days later, but there was an issue (not Dan's fault- UPS punctured the box and damaged an overlay). I contacted him about it, and he had a replacement out to me that same morning (even though he probably could have told me to file a claim with UPS). Within the span of 5 business days, I received two shipments from Dan. He's a good guy, and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again. He's in a tough position, but based on our conversations, I can tell he wants to make things right. Just my $0.02.

You are part of the problem.

To do business with RAM before EVERY CENT has been paid back is a slap to the communities face.

Thanks!

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 10:43:30 am »
If you want to quote numbers you probably should make sure that your numbers are somewhat close. I think the actual number from the documentation I have, the conversations I have had with people, and the data provided on the KLOV database is somewhere in the 6-8 cabinet range. Probably in the $15 - $20K range. At least one of those people and perhaps two of them were successful in getting charge backs. I am aware of the amount of money involved and I can understand that people are upset, but I think it would be better to try to find ways to help all of those people at this point.

Again...bravo... when that happens,  come back and lets get a conversation going.

Until that happens.  YOUR PRODUCT AND YOUR COMPANY IS TAINTED and anyone giving you a SINGLE CENT is contributing to the problem.  They are dealing with a company that has STOLEN MONEY FROM THE COMMUNITY. 

Pay everyone back for the money/product that Dave stole from them... THEN come back and talk.

To do anything less is a slap in the face.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 10:45:28 am »
Recently I ordered a SW Yoke Interface & overlay. I can say two things:

1. I received the products in good time.

2. Communication with Dan was answered in good time.

I wish Dan all the best for the future of Ram Controls and look forward to doing business again.

It sucks you disrespect this community so much you'd do business with someone who STOLE FROM IT.

One more to add to my list... oh well.

You people have ZERO respect for this community if you purchase ANYTHING from SCAM CONTROLS until this guy pays back all that's been stolen.

ZERO.

Sad.

EDIT: And you with ZERO respect can pile on me all you want.  All I have to say is ... WHO WAS RIGHT LAST TIME?   ---Bad words, bad words, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when saint censors you?--- right... I WAS.  So take that,  stuff it in your bowl and smoke it.

You should be ASHAMED.

PS: DAN... you could be the nicest guy in the world with all good intentions... but I will be SCREAMING this message from hilltops until the day SCAM CONTROLS pays back every last cent that Dave STOLE from the community.  Once that happens... I'll shut up...but not until then.

How's the LAWSUIT going btw?

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:48:37 am by FrizzleFried »

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 10:57:05 am »
How's he going to pay back people without selling product and turning some kind of profit?  :dunno

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 11:01:49 am »
How's he going to pay back people without selling product and turning some kind of profit?  :dunno

Honestly, that's not our concern.  He took over a business with a large outstanding debt burden.  If he wasn't willing to capitalize in order to repay those debts it isn't our problem.  It is completely unreasonable to do new business with a crooked company with the promise that all new money is going to be used to repay the prior victims.  The whole idea may as well be step 5 in a book called How To Con A Community - Again and Again.

Maybe this guy is on the level.  We'll see.  Don't forget that this isn't even the first time a "new guy" has stepped in and "taken over customer service for Dave".

Woodshop Flunky

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 20, 2017, 05:24:57 am
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 11:04:52 am »
...pay back the people Dave Adams STOLE from...

It sucks you disrespect this community so much you'd do business with someone who STOLE FROM IT.

I thought you said Dave was the theif?

Complete mini arcade cabinet plans available.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2011, 11:08:10 am »

Welp.... I now know what folder to "file" you under.

davespicer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2012, 04:31:44 am
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2011, 11:09:45 am »
I'm quite encouraged by the fact that Dan is discussing the RAM situation in the open like this.

Friz, you seem to get very angry on the behalf of other people.  Those who joined the cockpit preorder list are the ones who have cause to complain.  Maybe they'd like to come here and join the discussion?

Having dealt with Dan recently, I'm inclined to take him on face value and believe that he intends to sort things out.

--
Dave

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2011, 11:10:39 am »
Seriously people.

Who here deals with a KNOWN THIEF who still owes $$$ to people who are supposed to be "your friends"?

Come on people... it's not that hard to figure out.

matsadona

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2023, 06:00:12 am
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2011, 11:12:46 am »
Hm... having an ordinary business with new customers may be necessary to be able to refund the people that have outstanding orders or cash to claim.
Anybody who has been running any kind of business understands that you need a cash flow. Else you can't do anything.
It cost money to send stuff. So if Dan needs to sell some stuff to get money so he can ship previous orders that is perfectly fine with me.

From my point of view it is a good thing that somebody actually tries to do something good of a terrible situation.
Bashing Dan for things Dave is responsible for and calling him a thief isn't maybe the best way to encourage him...

With that said, I have full respect for people that is pissed off for being fooled by Dave. And yes, in one way he stole money from people here.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 11:14:55 am by matsadona »
Building, collecting and playing arcade machines :)

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, 11:13:34 am »
I'm quite encouraged by the fact that Dan is discussing the RAM situation in the open like this.

Friz, you seem to get very angry on the behalf of other people.  Those who joined the cockpit preorder list are the ones who have cause to complain.  Maybe they'd like to come here and join the discussion?

Having dealt with Dan recently, I'm inclined to take him on face value and believe that he intends to sort things out.

--
Dave

Dave...i'll give you a pass since your a newb.

This is an "issue" i've been harping on for 5 years now.  Dave/RAM didn't JUST start screwing people.  Dave/RAM has been screwing people for  years.

You don't know the history.  You're commenting from zero perspective.

Don't buy from a thief... just that simple... and RAM is a company that has been stealing from the community.  I don't know how to make that more clear?

If you're really interested in the history...it's all right here on the forums...and at KLOV.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 11:14:51 am »
Hm... having an ordinary business with new customers may be necessary to be able to refund the people that have outstanding orders or cash to claim.
Anybody who has been running any kind of business understands that you need a cash flow. Else you can't do anything.
It cost money to send stuff. So if Dan needs to sell some stuff to get money so he can ship previous orders that is perfectly fine with me.

From my point of view it is a good thing that somebody actually tries to do something good of a terrible situation.
Bashing Dan for things Dave is responsible and calling him a thief for isn't maybe the best thing to encourage him...

With that said, I have full respect for people that is pissed off for being fooled by Dave. And yes, in one way he stole money from people here.

A fool and his money will soon part.

That's about all I can muster at this point.   :dizzy:

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2011, 11:20:26 am »

So the reality is that he took over a business with too high a debt to income ratio to dig out from under.  That is Dan's problem.  Customers would be stupid to do business with Ram Controls until the outstanding orders are settled.  He made a bad decision doing so much business with Dave, like so many of us did, and now in my opinion the man is further under the bus than he was before.  The only way I would ever do business with Ram Controls at this point would be through a known good third party like Ebay.  Something that provides better consumer protection than Paypal alone.

Yes, he needs cash flow to start his process, but it should not be coming from new orders.  Nobody should be ordering from Ram Controls.  I'm not with Frizz that it is some sort of community solidarity issue.  My point of view on this is that it's just plain stupid to place new orders with Ram Controls right now.  Why risk it as a customer?

Spunkmeyer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2011, 09:23:57 pm
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2011, 11:25:42 am »
I sincerely hope Dan Johnston realizes how deep of a hole he's in.

It would really suck if he didn't have a complete picture of how many people have been scammed over the years by RAM Controls:
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78

matsadona

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2023, 06:00:12 am
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2011, 11:29:26 am »
In one way maybe new (foolish) customers is the only way to help the old customers with outstanding orders?
Of course, I totally second that the oldest orders should be expedited first hand, before the new orders....

And yes I have read all old post in this matter, and it is my understanding that Dave's booking and records of orders isn't the best. So that might also be a reason for why it takes time to track down all outstanding orders.

And I also agree that Dan has taken on a quest that isn't easy to accomplish. RAM Controls has a really bad name and there is a lot to do before everything is OK.
As far as I understand he has been shipping out some old orders, so lets all hope he is the real thing and will continue doing that.
It would be very sad if it is just another smart scam getting new orders (=money) and it all ends up the same way as before.
Building, collecting and playing arcade machines :)

Woodshop Flunky

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 20, 2017, 05:24:57 am
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2011, 11:31:54 am »

Welp.... I now know what folder to "file" you under.

Sorry... I don't get that response.   :dizzy:

I'm not defending this new guy, but I've read plenty of bad things about Dave.  I haven't heard anyone yet indicate that Dan is trying to steal from folks.  If he does what he says (still a big IF), and steps in and makes these products available to this community while trying to make right what Dave has done, then this is good.

Complete mini arcade cabinet plans available.

dan_ram

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2011, 11:33:43 am »
A company is two things, the products that they sell and the people who run it.. The products that Ram Controls sell are unequaled in quality and no one else makes many of the parts we sell. The other part of the business is the people who run it. The people involved are basically myself and my soon to be wife, and we are the people running the business not Dave. I have not defended what David did, in fact I think he ran the business like his own personal piggy bank. He ran it fast and free and really did not care about the truth, telling the truth only when it served his needs. I could go on about my personal opinions about how he ran Ram Controls but at this point it is not helpful.  

I have run many businesses before and I have instituted real management procedures, I have included those who are owed as part of the liabilities in the profit / loss statements of the company. I have a real accounting system in use. It is in my best interests to take care of all of the people who are owed. As to the comments discouraging people from buying from me you are actually harming the community by your posts. One you are increasing the level of controversy rather than trying to solve the problem. Secondly, as many other people who understand business have posted, if there is no revenue there is no money to pay for postage / UPS fees, no money to resupply parts so others can get what they might want for what is owed, and no survival of the company. Another has stated that I should come up with some other revenue stream then sales. I ask how, the only revenue stream that Ram Controls has and can have is sales. This kind of posts actually are harming all of those who are owed something from Ram Controls. I understand that many of you may have your own personal opinions but if you are owed something by Ram Controls send me an email and I will take care of it, if you are not then help me help those who are owed not sabotage it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 11:38:45 am by dan_ram »

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2011, 11:37:51 am »
In one way maybe new (foolish) customers is the only way to help the old customers with outstanding orders?

It is not the only way.  The harder way for him, but the most ethical way, would be to capitalize himself in order to pay off outstanding obligations.  It would be the best way to repair the Ram Controls name.  I can't believe anyone would actually assume the Ram Controls business anyway.  I think it is damaged beyond repair.  The smart thing would have been to accept Dave's inventory as settlement for Dan's outstanding balance and leave Dave with the Ram Controls business.  That way Dan could have liquidated those assets through ebay, recovered his damages, and been done with the issue.  Dave would still be on the hook to us for everything because Dave would still own Ram Controls.

I'm not sure I believe this situation because it seems like such a foolish burden to assume.  I will wait and see but Dave has played the "new guy who wants to help" card before.

smalltownguy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2023, 10:48:26 am
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2011, 11:44:02 am »
Making the statement that hobbyists (both members of the forums here and at KLOV AND non-members alike) not do business with Ram Controls until the company has made good on past debt is a counter-intuitive generalization. You can't expect a business to stop conducting new business just because it has a debt load. I can't think of very many businesses that operate that way.

Sure, Dan's underwater. But the only way he's going to get out is by conducting new business. Yes, he'll need to capitalize the company to improve solvency. But that process will take time. Any attempt that anyone here makes to discourage new business with Ram Controls does nothing to improve their chances of ever getting their transaction completed. I for one encourage Ram Controls to keep pushing forward with new business. For those who have old business with Ram Controls, you have his email address. Stay in communication with Dan, and make sure he's staying in communication with you. As long as the lines of communication are open and you feel that Dan's doing what he can to make your situation right, then there's no need to complain. Let the man get his work done, and stop trying to sabotage his business model.

EDIT: I see that Dan has responded in kind to my comments. Please listen to what he has to say. Bashing Ram Controls at this point is not the best path forward.
Man, will my cab EVER be finished?

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2011, 11:47:36 am »
A company is two things, the products that they sell and the people who run it.. The products that Ram Controls sell are unequaled in quality and no one else makes many of the parts we sell. The other part of the business is the people who run it. The people involved are basically myself and my soon to be wife, and we are the people running the business not Dave. I have not defended what David did, in fact I think he ran the business like his own personal piggy bank. He ran it fast and free and really did not care about the truth, telling the truth only when it served his needs. I could go on about my personal opinions about how he ran Ram Controls but at this point it is not helpful.  

I have run many businesses before and I have instituted real management procedures, I have included those who are owed as part of the liabilities in the profit / loss statements of the company. I have a real accounting system in use. It is in my best interests to take care of all of the people who are owed. As to the comments discouraging people from buying from me you are actually harming the community by your posts. One you are increasing the level of controversy rather than trying to solve the problem. Secondly, as many other people who understand business have posted, if there is no revenue there is no money to pay for postage / UPS fees, no money to resupply parts so others can get what they might want for what is owed, and no survival of the company. Another has stated that I should come up with some other revenue stream then sales. I ask how, the only revenue stream that Ram Controls has and can have is sales. This kind of posts actually are harming all of those who are owed something from Ram Controls. I understand that many of you may have your own personal opinions but if you are owed something by Ram Controls send me an email and I will take care of it, if you are not then help me help those who are owed not sabotage it.

I commend you on attempting to right the ship.  That said... you bought/obtained a company with a bad reputation and THOUSANDS of dollars owed for product that never saw OR WILL SEE the light of day.  You can not expect the community that was screwed the the company to step up and help out until those who were screwed by said company are righted.   At that time and ONLY at that time will I back off.

The community is not responsible for your decision to purchase/obtain RAM controls.

From my perspective it would go a lot further for you to get the folks who got screwed by RAM/DAVE paid up FIRST before trying to market your product to the very same community that still has THOUSANDS of dollars unaccounted for.