Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: transforing roms from cd to desktop graphics problem please help  (Read 854 times)

rlemmon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2022, 02:54:46 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
hi if not sure if it's ok to ask this. ( if not i apologise ,feel free to delete it) heres the problem My sister has a dsl connection which makes getting roms very fast. I burned them onto a cd then transfored them to a cd. I loaded them onto my desktop and stuck them in the rom file. the games will play but the graphics are blocky looking the same roms work fine if i download them on my computer. I don't see why this happens. i was going to hire someone to copy some roms on a Cd's for me but I'm afraid this problem will persist. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
Re: transforing roms from cd to desktop graphics problem please help
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 03:23:43 pm »
The ROMs aren't the issue, it's your video settings.  They'll look different from one machine to the next.  Without knowing your setup, or your hardware, it's harder to help.

ddockery

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2005, 11:51:14 am
Re: transforing roms from cd to desktop graphics problem please help
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 02:58:52 pm »
He SAYS that the same roms work fine if he downloads them himself, but frankly that's not possible.  $20 says you're downloading different roms, or that when you do download them, you're using another instance of MAME with different settings.