Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Basement Arcade Grafx, Print-To-Order Graphics  (Read 28480 times)

Firebat138

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2024, 01:20:35 pm
  • Head Brewer and Arcade Enthusiast
Re: Basement Arcade Grafx, Print-To-Order Graphics (fka DarkKniyt Printing)
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2011, 04:30:36 pm »
Just emailed ya...  If he doesnt contact you in a few days, send me the details in an email and I will see ur money gets refunded as long as you dont have an open claim.

Later

Camper
Click below to see my Metal Gear/Splinter Cell Machine... http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=108360.0

Click below to see my PinCab - PinWARS
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,164660.0.html

darkkniyt

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2011, 04:39:57 pm »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 07:37:10 am by John (darkkniyt) »

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:58:57 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Re: Basement Arcade Grafx, Print-To-Order Graphics
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2011, 04:52:40 pm »
I have finally made it back.
I wish to express my sincere thanks to everyone for the well wishes and patience.

Glad you're feeling better, John!
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Dan_Dan_91_07

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 04:04:00 am
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2011, 03:25:29 am »
Hi John

Extremely sorry to hear about the accident - it sounds absolutely awful. You feel ready and are wanting to continue your printing business now aren't you?

If you are I have sent a message to john@basementarcadegrafx.com requesting a quote on how much it will cost and how long it will take to print a marquee and two pieces of side art for me. If not, please excuse me.

darkkniyt

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2011, 09:02:43 am »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 07:36:52 am by John (darkkniyt) »

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2011, 04:40:05 pm »
Good to see you back, man! I'm going to send you a control panel idea tomorrow!

Dan_Dan_91_07

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 04:04:00 am
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2011, 09:29:19 am »
Thanks John, I have just sent you the payment. It was at a fantastic price BTW, even without the discount.

skaterboy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 24, 2011, 10:29:42 pm
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2011, 09:38:14 pm »
Outstanding service - building my first Bartop and John was fantastic. Price, advice, quality and shipping were all unbelievably high quality.

I'm so happy to have an arcade system, but it was taken to a whole new level with John's artwork.

I got two pieces of the vinyl emertex (textured adhesive vinyl for CP and front panel) and it turned out better than I thought. Fitted great and makes the whole system pop.

Got my marquee on high glossy photo which ended up looking great without light and passing light through perfectly, even with lots of black on my marquee. I'll throw up pictures with my build post as soon as I'm finished.

Thanks again John!

darkkniyt

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2011, 06:21:41 am »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 07:36:31 am by John (darkkniyt) »

tsaylor

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2019, 05:16:20 pm
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2011, 01:29:25 am »
Another happy customer here.  Great prices, John is helpful and excellent to work with.  In my case there was a printing problem but John promptly replaced it at no charge.

My cabinet isn't quite done yet but I've attached some progress photos so you can see the marquee and control panel I ended up with.  The photos aren't great but the art looks wonderful in real life.  I'll get better photos as my work progresses.

tsaylor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2019, 05:16:20 pm
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2011, 01:21:27 am »
One more attachment just to show how the marquee looks when backlit...

darkkniyt

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2011, 05:58:01 am »
BUMP!!

RyoriNoTetsujin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 03:55:45 pm
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2012, 03:40:04 pm »
BUMPing the thread to say thanks again to John for printing up my CP artwork and getting it out to me so fast! It was a pleasure doing business with you!

gillhaj02

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2012, 11:01:58 am
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2012, 04:19:36 am »
I am in the process of ordering from John his prices are very reasonable and he was by far the cheapest of everywhere I searched.

My only problem is he sent me the quote which I then paid for and I haven't heard from him since. That was last Wednesday (29/02) and its now Thursday (08/03) I know he may be busy but its been over a week since I've heard anything. Has anyone heard from John maybe I'm just been impatient?

darkkniyt

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2012, 02:31:44 pm »
na
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:11:22 pm by John (darkkniyt) »

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2012, 02:57:51 pm »
john
i am into full real game restores
if u can help me please do
i will if u tag my pm,send u the list

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

Well Fed Games

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2012, 03:14:40 pm »

The second would be when I was in the car accident last year.
Though every customer at that time was taken care of.
And by the way, they must have been happy with the end results because a number of those folks have since ordered from me on more than one occasion.

As one of those customers, I can vouch that while there was some awkwardness (I believe due to a household move), I was taken care of in the end, and am certainly considering John for my next projects.

John, update us on some of the stuff you have been printing lately! I want some pics!  ;D
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

darkkniyt

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2012, 05:11:39 pm »
na
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:11:02 pm by John (darkkniyt) »

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2012, 05:47:37 pm »
I don't wanna tell you how to run your show, but you're too sensitive, man.
Let the work and your customers speak for itself, and don't worry too much about pbj.
Rather than bating him out to join you in a deathmatch, you would do well to address the comments in a more professional, calm manner. This would show more confidence in your work, and assure future customers that you are indeed someone reliable to go with as a service.
Stomping your feet and threatening to leave the forum won't solve or help anything. It is a sign of weakness, and the internet will have many people trying to draw the weaknesses out of you.
Best thing to do is address them in a pro manner, and let the work history show it's worth.

From one art supplier to another, good luck to you. :cheers:

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2012, 05:54:02 pm »
John-

It would be a real shame if you were to 'leave' BYOAC. Opt2not speaks wise words.

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2012, 09:31:39 pm »
john
i do ol school stuff
pacman/galga/mspacman etc
i would need cp-overlay's/marque's/cab art work
contact at your will
thk-u in advance

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2012, 10:20:55 pm »
My 2 bits:

It's always a difficult moderation decision when someone is being a jackass, and PBJ will not be surprised to find I think he's behaving so here. I'm occasionally asked why I don't ban someone in this kind of situation.

Although this is a private forum and the right to free speech doesn't exist here, I cherish free speech and firmly believe a good forum encourages and allows free speech as much as possible, including comments from folks whose tact I find lacking.

This is particularly so when it comes to feedback, good/bad/indifferent, on a commercial or semi-commercial enterprise. There have been in the past outspoken people ringing the bell against vendors who were chastised for doing so, only to ultimately be proven right (FrizzleFried). Thus, I believe one of the core values in a web forum such as this is the free and frank discussions of the merits and other factors concerning merchants who sell products related to this hobby -- be those comments positive or negative.

I believe Basement Arcade Grafx's customers will be the best measure of the merit of doing business with them and encourage those folks to speak up. I think it would be detrimental to the aforementioned free and frank discussions for me to step in at this time. My personal instinct is that the positive feedback responses are going to far outweigh the negative, if any negative feedback from customers is actually given. This is only my gut instinct and is worth about the paper this is printed on.

I do ask that everyone mind the rules of decorum as posted, and PBJ, please for the love of my blood pressure and inbox, tone down the acidity while still speaking your mind.

--- saint
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:28:04 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2012, 10:52:11 pm »
PBJ -- I see you're living up to your well-earned reputation of being helpful, informative, and positive as always. </sarc>    ;D

John(darkkniyt) -- E-mail sent.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:20:51 am by PL1 »

elkameleon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 20, 2014, 08:31:00 pm
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2012, 09:17:53 am »
My 2 bits:

It's always a difficult moderation decision when someone is being a jackass, and PBJ will not be surprised to find I think he's behaving so here. I'm occasionally asked why I don't ban someone in this kind of situation.

Although this is a private forum and the right to free speech doesn't exist here, I cherish free speech and firmly believe a good forum encourages and allows free speech as much as possible, including comments from folks whose tact I find lacking.

This is particularly so when it comes to feedback, good/bad/indifferent, on a commercial or semi-commercial enterprise. There have been in the past outspoken people ringing the bell against vendors who were chastised for doing so, only to ultimately be proven right (FrizzleFried). Thus, I believe one of the core values in a web forum such as this is the free and frank discussions of the merits and other factors concerning merchants who sell products related to this hobby -- be those comments positive or negative.

I believe Basement Arcade Grafx's customers will be the best measure of the merit of doing business with them and encourage those folks to speak up. I think it would be detrimental to the aforementioned free and frank discussions for me to step in at this time. My personal instinct is that the positive feedback responses are going to far outweigh the negative, if any negative feedback from customers is actually given. This is only my gut instinct and is worth about the paper this is printed on.

I do ask that everyone mind the rules of decorum as posted, and PBJ, please for the love of my blood pressure and inbox, tone down the acidity while still speaking your mind.

--- saint

:applaud: :applaud: Preach it, brother!

GregD

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2015, 02:26:41 pm
    • Arcade Nebula
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2012, 04:19:14 pm »
The world is full of internet tough guys and really grumpy guys too apparently (PBJ)....I'll still do business with you John because it seems that you produce quality work for a really good price.  I have messaged you a couple of times and you have been quick to respond.  Good luck and don't let these kind of "positive" people bother you.

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 08:00:17 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2012, 05:59:19 pm »
John, PM sent.  Let me know what you think when you get the chance. 

Dantebean

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2012, 12:33:19 am
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2012, 01:42:17 am »
Looking for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles side art.  4 player dedicated.  Looking to purchase or have printed.  Please let me know.  Thanks.
"Mommy, why does daddy sweat when he eats?"

Cable Tech

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2013, 10:48:30 pm
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2012, 01:44:33 pm »
Emailed john a month ago. No response.

Doesn't anyone else print these things?

GregD

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2015, 02:26:41 pm
    • Arcade Nebula
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2012, 02:34:37 pm »
It appears that John is all done.  His original posting in this thread has been removed.

Well Fed Games

• Offline Offline
  • Delicious!
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2012, 05:01:05 pm »
Hmm. Too bad there isn't a "glad it is finally over" emoticon.

Seriously, arcade-hobby-merchants. We only want two things:

1. Give us the product we paid for

and

2. Respond to your  :censored: emails.

Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Mannonohman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2016, 11:39:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2016, 11:14:20 pm »
Deborah- very sorry to hear about the accident. I know John's work is very much appreciated here on the forum. I certainly hope to use his talents when he is able again! Prayed for a quick and full recovery, thanks for letting us know what is happening.
Hi! This is my first time posting/replying to a forum, and sorry this came so late, but this is Haley M., John Shad's, aka dark nyte or whatever, supposed daughter. I am 19 years old now, and I remember my mother (his ex-wife) finding this thread one day saying I was in a car accident. I wasn't even living with him at this time, so I screen capped the Hell out of this and bullied him about it because I WAS NEVER IN A CAR ACCIDENT WITH HIM AND NEITHER WAS HE. I wasn't even living with him. Him and his wife, my "step-mother", lied to you all. I was put into a legal guardianship with him so that he could get my social security and also so he could say that him and his "daughter" (he has 4 sons he could've used, but he used my gender to his advantage) got into a fake car accident so he didn't have to give you your product that you paid for. I am sorry that him and his manipulative wife did this to you all and got your sympathy. He didn't even have a partner named "Eric", he doesn't know anyone by that name. He has since deleted the comment, but if you maybe still have a screen shot or any receipts or emails you can send me, please do. If you want any more information, contact me.

Mannonohman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2016, 11:19:49 pm »
Please refund my money john.
Hi! This is my first time posting/replying to a forum, and sorry this came so late, but this is Haley M., John Shad's, aka dark nyte or whatever, supposed daughter. I am 19 years old now, and I remember my mother (his ex-wife) finding this thread one day saying I was in a car accident. I wasn't even living with him at this time, so I screen capped the Hell out of this and bullied him about it because I WAS NEVER IN A CAR ACCIDENT WITH HIM AND NEITHER WAS HE. I wasn't even living with him. Him and his wife, my "step-mother", lied to you all. I was put into a legal guardianship with him so that he could get my social security and also so he could say that him and his "daughter" (he has 4 sons he could've used, but he used my gender to his advantage) got into a fake car accident so he didn't have to give you your product that you paid for. I am sorry that him and his manipulative wife did this to you all and got your sympathy. He didn't even have a partner named "Eric", he doesn't know anyone by that name. He has since deleted the comment, but if you maybe still have a screen shot or any receipts or emails you can send me, please do. If you want any more information, contact me.

Mannonohman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2016, 11:23:06 pm »
I have finally made it back.
I wish to express my sincere thanks to everyone for the well wishes and patience.

Glad you're feeling better, John!

he wasn't in a car accident, it was a lie. Him and his wife are liars, this is his "daughter" Haley and he was never in a car accident with me. I was never in a car accident at all and he didn't have a partner named Eric.  He deleted his comments so I couldn't capture them all.

Mannonohman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2016, 11:25:08 pm »

And by the way, they must have been happy with the end results because a number of those folks have since ordered from me on more than one occasion.

As one of those customers, I can vouch that while there was some awkwardness (I believe due to a household move), I was taken care of in the end, and am certainly considering John for my next projects.

John, update us on some of the stuff you have been printing lately! I want some pics!  ;D

He didn't move, never moves. He is lazy and that's all.

orangepink

« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2016, 03:49:17 pm »
What the hell is this thread..

Is the daughter the OP's guilty conscience?

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2016, 06:30:07 pm »
What the hell is this thread..

Is the daughter the OP's guilty conscience?
I guess you had to be there when this all went down.

Well Fed Games

• Offline Offline
  • Delicious!
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2016, 08:04:07 pm »
My memory is fuzzy, so I'm not sure why I said I was "taken care of." I barely got away with a refund from him. Never got any art. This may have been before I had to fight for the refund. If nothing else, I was way more optimistic about doing business with strangers back then. But yeah, I believe when I finally got my refund he was "in the hospital." There was a partner (image of an old PM attached to this post), who came back to the forum for awhile years later but never really stuck around. Ah 2012, what an exciting time. Haley, thanks for posting some of the background (it always seemed like a real sketchy situation) but no need to apologize for anything your father or mother did to anyone. You are your own person, and it sounds like a far better human than your father.  If you're interested in arcade stuff, stick around!

John, update us on some of the stuff you have been printing lately! I want some pics!  ;D

He didn't move, never moves. He is lazy and that's all.

tfphumorblog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2016, 08:47:36 pm
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2016, 11:38:21 am »
Well, since that guy is not around anymore, who is everyone using these days for printing? I know Games on Grafix is supposed to be amazing, but I sent them my files a week ago and haven't heard as much as a peep from them in response. I even sent an email the other day just to make sure they got the first one. Nothing. Maybe they're just slammed.

Who's fast, reliable, and good?

Thanks!