Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: buy a Corvette or a Stargate?  (Read 1948 times)

Cenobyte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2013, 06:26:57 am
buy a Corvette or a Stargate?
« on: May 27, 2011, 07:24:36 am »
At this moment I have the choice to buy a Stargate for €1000,- or buy a Corvette for around €1400,-

The Corvette is a pin I want because I'm a Corvette fan AND I have the ZR-1 Corvette with the LT-5 engine that's featured in this pin. On the other hand: I really like SciFi and Stargate and I hear a lot of people say that this pin is a rather nice one to play (not sure about the condition yet).

Which one should I buy?

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
Re: buy a Corvette or a Stargate?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 07:27:58 am »
the one in better shape
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

smartbomb2084

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2021, 03:14:53 pm
  • Having a SMART phone will make you DUMB.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 08:47:10 am »
CORVETTE.  It is the better and more valuable game and is easy to resell.  You are lucky to find one. I'm jealous.

Rando

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2016, 07:49:31 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 10:12:28 am »
No question, Corvette.  I have no clue of gameplay, but I get excited when I find a matchbox verion of my Mustang, I'd hop up and down if I found a game that featured it!! :)
Rando - My build thread: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=107741.msg1142843#msg1142843 (work slowed but still progressing!

Cenobyte

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 12:30:25 pm »
No question, Corvette.  I have no clue of gameplay, but I get excited when I find a matchbox verion of my Mustang, I'd hop up and down if I found a game that featured it!! :)

That's also the situation here with Corvette, but I tried not to let that affect my judgement in buying a nice pin  ;D

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 12:56:32 pm »
I was slightly dissapointed to find that this was a thread about pin machines.  ;D I was secretly kinda hoping someone was having a hard time deciding between spending their money on real replica stargate or an actual corvette.  :lol

Anyway, I'm gonna have to pile on the corvette bandwagon, and for the exact same reason as Rando.  :cheers:

Pinball Wizard

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 04, 2021, 03:47:13 pm
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 06:55:30 pm »
Personally, I think you should go with Corvette. Stargate is a game that you will own and after you sell it, never remember it. Corvette plays better and the car bias will really help you out on wanting it. Not the greatest game in the world but not that bad either.
Where's my gold star :P

Cenobyte

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 03:07:00 am »
Well, some developments here. One Corvette fell through (while negotiating, the pin was sold to somebody else who paid the full price), so I missed out on that.  :hissy:

But as I posted a similar message like this one on a local forum, I was approached by another guy selling a Corvette for exactly the price I wanted it for.  ;D So I'm checking this one out next week!

And also in response to that same posting, another guy approached my with a nice Stargate that had been in private hands for 15 years and was just restored, asking €850 for it.  :o

Just when I convinced myself, this decision just got tough again. So I think this time next week I will own not one, but two pins more...  :laugh2: