Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Buying my first pinball, need advice  (Read 2751 times)

BinGhanem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2011, 09:28:19 pm
Buying my first pinball, need advice
« on: May 25, 2011, 10:03:09 pm »
Hey guys !!

This is my first post :)

I want to add a pinball machine to my game room, I loved the Simpsons Pinball Party and thinking to get that one as my first pinball machine, what you think guys ?

the next question is about the power supply,

The pinball machines in my area (I live in Dubai) is very expensive, and they have a small market for it over here, so it is very hard to find used ones, buying it from US and shipping it to Dubai can be cheaper than buying one from here, specially the used one you find might not be what you looking for. Now, if I did that I'll have to change the power supply since we use the European voltage 210-220 volts, is it possible to change the power supply or do I have to change the board too ?

bw

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2022, 05:45:49 pm
Re: Buying my first pinball, need advice
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 10:43:55 pm »
Simpsons Pinball Party should keep you busy for some time - it's pretty deep, and has plenty of modes for variety.

Regarding power - the manual documents how you can modify for 210/220v as necessary.

Manual available at:  http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4674

See page #107 of the manual for specifics.

Note that some of the fuse values are different when on 210/220v, so make sure you change those as necessary as well (see page #30)

Good luck!

BinGhanem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2011, 09:28:19 pm
Re: Buying my first pinball, need advice
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 11:09:56 pm »
thanx!!

I also can buy a converter, but I used to have a small machine on a convertor and when I moved, someone just plugged it to the electrisity and... lets say it doesn't work anymore  :badmood: thats why I don't want to use converter anymore lol

thanks again, that is exactly what I need  :cheers: