Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GP-Wiz49 Interface, how to use with hyperspin?  (Read 2183 times)

dabone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 31, 2023, 12:03:37 pm
  • Time to work...
GP-Wiz49 Interface, how to use with hyperspin?
« on: May 23, 2011, 07:09:12 am »
Looking around in my basement, I found a control panel I had started and never finished, it has 2 49 way joysticks with the GP-Wiz49 interface boards. (It was a work in progress, then I met my wife and marriage halted the arcade
projects for a while)

Does anybody have a guide to setting up these joysticks using hyperspin? I'd love to be able to get the direction modes working.

(I also bought the rotary adapter kit, but I haven't found all of it yet.)

Would love mame to setup the correct drs, and all the other systems to be 8 way.

Later,
dabone

DillonFoulds

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2019, 05:04:44 am
Re: GP-Wiz49 Interface, how to use with hyperspin?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 01:43:38 am »
Can't you just run HyperHQ, and configure the buttons under "Controls/Joystick"?

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2024, 06:43:53 pm
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 04:32:41 am »
There are joystick settings in HyperSpin.  Like DillonFoulds posted above; there is an option in HyperHQ where you can map the joystick settings.  If that doesn't work then you should be able to use an application such as Joy2Key or XPadder. 

dabone

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 31, 2023, 12:03:37 pm
  • Time to work...
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 02:46:04 pm »
I mean that when it selects a game, I need it to change the joystick mode to match the game being played.

I.e. Pacman,donkey kong would be 4way
Fighters 8way
sinistar 49way
qbert 4way diagonal.

So a prelaunch command with rom name is needed, how do you do that?

Thanks,
later,
dabone

DillonFoulds

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2019, 05:04:44 am
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 04:38:58 pm »
You might have a very hard time with that one. The best thing I could say is LED Blinky I know works with u360s, but not in a functional way that could remotely stand a chance in working with a gpwiz, or any other encoder for that matter. Hyperspin relies heavily (entirely) on LED Blinky to re-program stuff on the fly, which is why I mention this.

How does MAME handle the 49-ways? Does mame support them as "analogue" joysticks?

Also, on GGG, it's listed that there's software to change them. While I doubt hyperspin can handle it, maybe there's other options? Maybe hyperlaunch configurations?

Also there's button combinations you could try implementing with the gpwiz49's, aren't there?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:48:38 pm by DillonFoulds »