Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Oak polystained Walnut Cocktail Build to feature in Living room. Lotsa photos!  (Read 24681 times)

extendedplayarcade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2018, 11:14:26 pm
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
Updated finish photo: 

I been working on this cocktail arcade machine for quite awhile.  I been planning it even longer.  I have made some decent progress with it seeing I don't really work on it as much as I should.   I have two young ones at home so it limits my abilities to get much done.  Plus I always have to keep the wife happy and finish the "honey doo" List first (well sometimes) but with all that being said this Cocktail arcade table was suppose to be for my 1970's themed basement game room but it has been coming out so nice.  My wife decided to get new rotating club chairs and a coffee table to have it accent our living room.  Even though it is costing me more money by doing it that way.  I don't mind one bit seeing I can watch my girls watch endless hours of sponge bob square pants while getting my high score up on the 1-1 donkey kong challenge (well if i ever get this thing finished but yet again it is a fun hobby and i am in no rush)

Below is a sort of piece together how it is suppose to look when it is done.  I obviously don't have the glass top and the clips and finish poly staining the control panel but you can get an idea what it is going to look like.  This isn't the final artwork seeing it doesn't cover the non standard pac man wood top i have.   I am going to print artwork that overlaps the wood and then trim it out with an x-acto knife carefully and hopefully it will look better then what it being shown in the photo.

I have a ton of photos I took along the way but I didn't think of posting this in the builds page because I didn't think it would interest anyone one seeing it isn't something out of the norman or fancy like i see a lot of people have done here.  The talent in this forum  surpasses my talent 100x over. 
But here is a start and will try to keep posting all my stuff along the way.

I even started a web site for it http://extendedplayarcade.com/mamecocktail/

I might make a banner for it and replace my extended play arcade one but only if i have time or feel creative.

B
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:00:45 pm by extendedplayarcade »

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
This is where I left off last.   I mounted the 2-player control panel shell (i don't know what to call it and i been watching a lot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with my daughter so shell came to mind) or base with 7 screws.  It is solid as a rock.   I didn't mount the panel yet seeing I am having a little issue with bracing and connecting the top part of the control panel to the shell/base. I am thinking of taking a piece of aluminum angle iron and laying it across the top so it will brace the control panel properly.  I will try and take photos so this makes sence because i know what i have to do and it isn't making sence to me as I explain it.

Anyways here is where i last left my machine

Nephasth

Looks good! How much was the kit and where did you get if from? If you don't mind me asking.

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
Yeah No Prob on asking.  I posted on my web site build page that I didn't cut all the wood or build it but I forgot to state that in my first post.   I wanted to order from arcade depot but the guys never emailed me back.  I Live in NJ and heard they are from NJ but they never got back to me so I looked on ebay for an all made out of wood so i can stain it kit.

This is the guy I ordered it from http://cgi.ebay.com/Pacman-Cocktail-Table-Underlay-Pac-Man-/260785638537?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb8090c89

He doesn't have any kits on ebay right now but he does really nice wood work.  He is out of PA and I don't even know with shipping and the ebay auction I don't know if I paid any more than 270 bucks.  He threw in the black T-molding and a cheap (i mean it is cheap) hinge but the hinge looks like it will do the job (i think still on the fence with it)  It DID NOT COME with the Fabricated Metal Control Panel, joystick, buttons, artwork.  It also didn't come with the coin door either.  I bought that from www.twistedquarter.com  I will post more on that later and I had to cut the hole for that as well.

I say drop him a privite message if you are interested.  The guy is an awesome guy to deal with and answered all my questions and shipped it all in one piece for a great price.  Honestly I don't think i could of bought the wood from Home Depot for that cost and that was going to be my next step if I didn't find him.

Only think i can say is have him not cut the square for the monitor because I don't know what messurments he uses but it is hard to find a monitor that size.

Thanks for the compliment.  Hope this helps and glad to answer any other questions

Looks good! How much was the kit and where did you get if from? If you don't mind me asking.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:18:50 pm by extendedplayarcade »

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:23:20 pm
What kind of monitor are you going to use?

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
I bought an Asus 19" LCD monitor  (i can get the model number for ya when i get home).   The cabinet doesn't really lend itself for a big crt arcade monitor and plus I just didn't want to deal with the hassle of one.  So i went LCD

Here are some photos of the monitor

I am going to post a photo of the medal brace that acts as a bezel as soon as I upload it to my website.   

What kind of monitor are you going to use?

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
Here is that aluminum bracket/bezel i was talking about in the previous post

I am going to have to modify it because plans changed.  I wasn't going to have a full glass top with artwork at first but changed my mind figured it would probably look better and be more funtional as a table. 

I have photos of a test pilot below.

I was going to stain the top the same as the rest of the cabinet and just get a glass for around the monitor and hot glue it in place.  I decided against it and get the pac man artwork and full glass with glass clips instead.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
How much was the monitor?  The viewing angle looks pretty good from your pictures - is it as good in person?  I'm trying to decide what type of monitor to use for my cocktail cab.  LCD would be easiest but I'm worried about the viewing angles and the overall PQ.  I'd like to use an arcade monitor but those are hard to come by and I don't feel like de-casing a PC monitor if I can avoid it although that would probably be the cheapest option...

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
I think I paid like 99 bucks from amazon.com for this monitor.   The Monitor in person actually looks better IMO then the photos do it justice.  I have a practice setup in my basement office and I play donkey kong on it all the time.  Those photos are with a crappy video card too.  I bought one of those Ultimarc.com vga video cards and installed in the pc I am going to be using and the video games look even better.

http://www.ultimarc.com/JShopServer/section.php?xSec=11

Just that one side of the monitor is bad.  So it is kind of a bummer.  I will check the model number when I get home.  I thought I had it here on the computer but I can't find it.   It isn't an expensive monitor and works really well for what I need it for plus it is easy to deal with.

I feel your pain i was in the same situation when I started and I just don't want to deal with CRT's anymore.  The possitives out weight the negatives IMO.

:cheers:  I hope this helps

How much was the monitor?  The viewing angle looks pretty good from your pictures - is it as good in person?  I'm trying to decide what type of monitor to use for my cocktail cab.  LCD would be easiest but I'm worried about the viewing angles and the overall PQ.  I'd like to use an arcade monitor but those are hard to come by and I don't feel like de-casing a PC monitor if I can avoid it although that would probably be the cheapest option...

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
I found the Model number of this Asus Monitor:

ASUS VB195T 19-Inch Standard LCD Monitor

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003K1VD98/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=grescoche-20&camp=213381&creative=390973&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B003K1VD98&adid=19HAV4K8FZKFZVMGJH4M&

Link to it.

The only issue I see with this monitor is the power button is on the front and that will be covered up.  I guess I will figure out what i do when the time comes.

TopJimmyCooks

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:18:39 pm
It's so common on lcd's to have a good view angle from the top and both sides, and then it's bad on the "bottom" side where the controls are.  I have a viewsonic and a dell tft that are the same.  In a cocktail, it seems like no biggie because you'll put that side to the wall I'm guessing. 

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
Yeah that is what i was thinking of doing.  I just have to figure out the whole rotating the monitor thing so it flips properly but yet again I haven't even tried it yet.  It might be something easy or not.  I just don't know yet.  If anyone has any tips I am always welcome them.  Thanks in advance.   I wonder if the video card I bought from (the arcade vga from ultimarc.com ) has features for all that?  Umm i never checked into it.

It's so common on lcd's to have a good view angle from the top and both sides, and then it's bad on the "bottom" side where the controls are.  I have a viewsonic and a dell tft that are the same.  In a cocktail, it seems like no biggie because you'll put that side to the wall I'm guessing. 

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade

Just ordered the list above.  Needed these things to finish some of the next steps.  I want to add two hidden buttons under the 1-player control panel for esc and pause seeing I use those two the most on my test mame set up.  The Pause I use more than anything seeing my daughters are always interrupting my gameplay and it would be nice to have that pause feature implimented but hidden.

all the other stuff pretty much explains itself

oh yeah i ordered the stuff from www.twistedquarter.com   I have ordered stuff from them before like the coin door and they ship fast and the stuff is good top quality IMO.  So i am a return customer.  They seem to have what i need.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 12:35:12 pm by extendedplayarcade »

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
Eagerly waiting for my order (yeah I know it was just yesterday I ordered it) and Almost motivated myself to get onto the workbench to wipe the xp home clean off my computer.  Of course I only have XP Professional discs and was wondering if anyone knows of a place where I can download windows xp Home or should I buy copy of it?  I don't even know if they sell a copy of it do they?

I want to wipe the hard drive clean and do a clean install of Mame then Mala but having a brain fart of how to pull this off.  I have a legal serial number for xp home on the computer but I can't install xp pro on it.  umm Maybe I will search around on microsoft.com and see If I come up with any idears. 

The computer I am going to use I think has an AMD 64, 1 gig of ram, xp Home, 250 gig hard drive (that I am going to upgrade but I have to see if it is a sata or serial ata hard drive.   I have a working ATI Arcade VGA in there but the computer is over loaded with a bunch of stuff I don't need and don't want to explain either  >:D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 11:26:59 am by extendedplayarcade »

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
I found this on Microsoft.com

I never used clean boot.  I ususally just do it with the start up disk but maybe it is the same thing.

Here is the link for anyone that needs its for the future

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

javeryh

• Offline Offline
I have a disc with "Tiny XP" on it that I use for all of my cabs.  It does a basic install of XP without all of the crap that might bog down the computer.  I'm sure you can find it with a Google search.

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
I wonder if this will work?

http://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-Windows-XP-Home-Edition/3000-18513_4-20432.html

I mean I have the product key just would love to start with a fresh install and never did a Home Edition XP before.  Never needed to.

I have a disc with "Tiny XP" on it that I use for all of my cabs.  It does a basic install of XP without all of the crap that might bog down the computer.  I'm sure you can find it with a Google search.

Donkbaca

• Our reptillian overlords would be pleased
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2012, 06:28:10 pm
    • Slim built MAME/Xbox cab
Can someone explain the advantage of Tiny XP to me?  My guess is that its less resource intensive because it gets rid of the unneeded processes, and that its smaller in foot print.  But an AMD 64 is plenty powerful enough to run whatever you would put in a cocktail, and he could always add another gig of RAM dirt cheap.  Plus hard drives are so cheap, what's the point of saving a few megabytes on the OS install?  What am I not getting?

I was curious as to why you have an arcade VGA.  My understanding was the main usefulness of those was the ability to connect them to arcade monitors.

Thanks 

javeryh

• Offline Offline
I think that's the only reason people like it.  I typically only use old(er) computers for MAME which is why I opt for Tiny XP.  It is easy to install and it doesn't hog resources.  I think it uses less than 100MB of RAM total which makes a difference on some computers where I only have 1GB of RAM or less available.

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
Oh I didn't even realize that "Tiny XP" was an OS install.  I was scratching my head about about that one but with your explination I get it.  Wow the things I learn here.

I was going to put this computer on my golden Tee but decided to put it on my cocktail table.  I haven't done a side by side test but I heard it is suppose to emulate the games better even on an LCD screen.  But I could be wrong.

I'll find out and get back to ya.   I have access to 4 xp machines that are all cleaned up and ready to be mamed if I wanted to but I was thinkin of going with the amd 64 seeing it has a little more juice then the P4 xp machines that are ready to be mamed.  I salvaged them all after doing an IT job for someone.  

My test machine is a p3 and it runs all the classics perfect.  There is the machine i have those monitor screen shots I took.  Plays DK perfect (as it should) but I think my wife wants some pinball games on this and maybe even a jukebox.  So i figured the AMD 64 should handle it well.

The next build after this is to Mame the Golden Tee and only put trackball games in it.  Should be fun but yet again I am taking my time and doing this cocktail right.  The build is fun btw (a lot more fun then I imagined even though I am just basicly drilling holes in the build)

Can someone explain the advantage of Tiny XP to me?  My guess is that its less resource intensive because it gets rid of the unneeded processes, and that its smaller in foot print.  But an AMD 64 is plenty powerful enough to run whatever you would put in a cocktail, and he could always add another gig of RAM dirt cheap.  Plus hard drives are so cheap, what's the point of saving a few megabytes on the OS install?  What am I not getting?

I was curious as to why you have an arcade VGA.  My understanding was the main usefulness of those was the ability to connect them to arcade monitors.

Thanks 

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
I googled "tiny xp" and read this

http://techome.wordpress.com/2008/07/07/xp-is-dead-long-live-tinyxp/

Gives a good explination.  Is it ok that i post this link here?  I keep forgetting that there is guidelines and not sure if this breaks any rules.

:cheers:

I might try it thanks for the heads up.  If it doesn't work I will revert it back.   Man so much involved but excited at the same time.  Thanks guys for jumping in and voicing your opinions.    I'll take all the advice I can get.

Donkbaca

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the info Javeryh.

I attempted to mess with tinyxp, but ultimately decided it wasn't worth it because I just didn't want to dump that much time in configuring it, I have read about a lot of headaches regarding driver issues and other compatibility problems.  Glad you have a working copy Javeryh!

EP arcade, I am not sure if you will really see any benefit from Tiny XP, but feel free to mess with it and post your experience!

If you are using a LCD monitor on your cocktail, I wouldn't use the arcade VGA, any old video card would do.  If the Golden tee cab has a arcade monitor in it, you should use the arcade vga for that build.

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
Maybe I will save the amd 64 rig for the golden tee project then.

And use the P4 I have waiting in reserve.

The only bummer about the golden tee is that it has a short in it.  I thought it was the power supply but I replaced that and still nothing powers up.  Kinda bummed because my father in law broke it on me.

Thanks for the info Javeryh.

I attempted to mess with tinyxp, but ultimately decided it wasn't worth it because I just didn't want to dump that much time in configuring it, I have read about a lot of headaches regarding driver issues and other compatibility problems.  Glad you have a working copy Javeryh!

EP arcade, I am not sure if you will really see any benefit from Tiny XP, but feel free to mess with it and post your experience!

If you are using a LCD monitor on your cocktail, I wouldn't use the arcade VGA, any old video card would do.  If the Golden tee cab has a arcade monitor in it, you should use the arcade vga for that build.

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
Well seeing my supplies aren't going to be deliveried till may 25th.   Still fast delivery I am not complainning one bit. I just had a free day to work on the cocktail table. So I figured I would work on the computer

I picked one of the p4 machines I had laying around it only has half a gig and a 40 gig hard drive

It had a bunch of stuff on it so I decided to put tiny xp on it. It is my first time using it. So I googled it and had to download a bittorent program to download the torrent properly. It took awhile but it downloaded to an iso file. So then I had to burn an image file for the iso file to be used properly. By doing this it kinda like unzips the iso file and makes the cd like an oem start up os disc.

I booted from cd and followed the directions. It was super easy and worked perfect.

Sorry for the bad grammer and spelling I am typing this from my Motorolla Droid.

So after I installed a fresh OS tiny XP.  I was going to try my luck at Mala. 

Well I followed all the directions to a T (well at least I think i did) but some of the links on the Mala Forum help page didn't work anymore http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=56010.0

So i am guessing those are the steps I am missing to have it work properly.

Anyways after spending way to many hours on all of this already and then frustrated with the Mala set up (i kind of anticipated this seeing I hate to follow directions)

I decided to head over to maximus front end website http://www.maximusarcade.com/ seeing I heard this was one of the easiest ones to set up and decent for a cocktail table.

I downloaded the 30 day trial.  I didn't get any of the mame games working but at least I can launch the front end (i kept getting errors on Mala so I couldn't even't launch the front end)

Maybe I just don't have the right mame exe file or something?  I feel like time is ticking now seeing i had 29 days left and if I can't get it to work I am not going to buy it. 

I read a lot of complaints about Maximus in this forum about the lack of support now seeing the guy has gone MIA.  I totally feel the creators pain seeing you build something up and then doesn't work out as good as planned.  (i kind of been down that road recently)

I know delusional has had great success with Maximus FE and he seems to know that program inside and out.

I wonder if I need an old version of Mame exe file?    I wonder how do i test the mame EXE file with out a front end to see if it is working or not?

I am kind of lost but I will attempt tonight to try to figure out some new angles or even try and find an older version of mame.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

It really worked really well and seem to really help the computer run at optimal speeds for such a slow spec computer
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 08:59:40 am by extendedplayarcade »

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
http://mamedev.org/oldrel.html

Well a quick search on google found me all of the Mame Exe files

I wonder if I have to match my Rom Sets to the correct version of Mame?

Does that sound right? :banghead:

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
I should probably search before i post but it is kind of like a guide for me anyways seeing I seem to forget stuff like this easy.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=107115.0

looks like I have to figure out what version I have now.  Ummm that shouldn't be easy.  These roms are old

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade

Ok got frustrated a little over a month ago and it halted my project. 

It is also to nice out lately and been doing other stuff around the house and heading to the beach to ride a few waves.

Anyways anyone have any suggestions?  I guess the wood I used is about 1/4 to thin.

Should I make some spacers? 

Thanks in advance for any good suggestions

javeryh

• Offline Offline
What about the thickness of the glass?  I think the only way is to add spacers to the bottom. 

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
Yeah they didn't have the specs. on the glass when i bought it so shame on me.  Or the specs on the clips.

I was going to make spacers but do I make them out of a 1/4 piece of wood and paint them black?

I am not sure how that is going to look.

What about the thickness of the glass?  I think the only way is to add spacers to the bottom. 

jimmy2x2x

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2018, 01:29:48 am
How about using a steel nut of the correct height, spray it black and epoxy it to the clip?

Should look good and be durable.

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
Not a bad thought.

because making 8 wood spacers might take me a lot of time seeing I would probably be cutting them out with a jigsaw.

My only issue is the bottom of these clips have some semi sharp edges and with my small kids around the game a lot.  I would want to keep those edges flush to something.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the suggestion.

How about using a steel nut of the correct height, spray it black and epoxy it to the clip?

Should look good and be durable.

Donkbaca

• Offline Offline
can't you just file down the sharp edges?  :dunno

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
They are like rounded sharp edges.    I should take a photo of it.

They do have a nice painted powder coated finish so if i file them down then i will never be able to match the finish.

I might try a test for a wood spacer that will be the same size as the bottom on the cocktail glass clip and see how long it will take me.

Believe me I am in no rush seeing i am broke and want this hobby to take up all my time to save me from spending money else where  :cheers:

can't you just file down the sharp edges?  :dunno

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
Well I had a few hours to myself this past Saturday with the wife and kids out at a birthday party.

So I tried to get some stuff done.  It wasn't much but I finally changed the monitor bracket I made out of aluminum angle iron i bought at the Home Depot.  I did get the chairs in so that is pretty cool.  I little bit of an upgrade from the little storage stools that I had in the basement gameroom.

and here is a close up shot of it.  It fits really flush and will work well for I need it to do.   The artwork will go over this so you won't see the edges or the little gap that peaks out here and there.

I also made some spacers out of PVC for the cocktail glass clips.  Hopefully they will work out ok and not be noticed to much.

But Before I mount all that I might de-case the computer and install it seeing I won't have to deal with the top hitting me in the head or getting in the way.  Hopefully I can stay motivated.  I still have a 55 inch 3d LED sitting in the box ready to be mounted to the wall. Seeing that there will be football this year.  I better pencil that one in too.

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade

I started with the next stage of the mounting of the monitor.  I reused wood i cut out for the coin door so I get the good house keeping seal of approval for recycling or something like that.

If it doesn't work out (but it seems like it will) I will just cut a new piece.  I cut two pieces of aluminum right angle iron (can i call it angle iron if it is aluminum?) and three pieces of wood today (not shown) to help with the process.  My tools at home aren't as good as the ones they have at work.  I used to have a great job with tons of tools at my disposal but I moved on with careers and now just figuring out other ways to cut stuff.

I am also going to use that hinge in the photo because I if and when I need to turn the monitor off and on.  I have to have access to the button.  So i am going to make a double hinged top on the cocktail table.  I hope it works?

Anyways i am babbling again and I am sure everyone is loosing interest but it is a slow go seeing I don't have much time lately to work on this.  Amazing how a 4 and 2 year old take up pretty much all of my time during the evenings when i get home and the weekends.  It is also hard to cut stuff at 10pm while everyone is sleeping.  Oh well doing my best.  Hopefully more photos tomorrow if i can stay motivated

B

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade

I got to work a little bit more on the monitor hinge system.  It is almost done. All I have to do is add the clamp to the opposite side of the hinge.  Drill the holes (line them up as well) and mount the monitor to the aluminum angle iron.

I think it is going to work out pretty good.  Or at least I hope it does.

I can't work on it tonight.  It is league bowling nite tonight  :cheers:

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade

The monitor worked out pretty well.  I am pretty happen with how it looks.  Plus with this method now it gives me access to use the buttons on the front panel.

Next I am going to de-case the computer and install it in the cocktail cabinet.

Trap

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2015, 12:22:32 pm

It is also to nice out lately and been doing other stuff around the house and heading to the beach to ride a few waves.

Anyways anyone have any suggestions?  I guess the wood I used is about 1/4 to thin.

There are 1" clips out there.

http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=219_228&products_id=1199

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Ms-Pac-Pac-Man-Galaga-Cocktail-Table-Glass-Clips-1-/320702527335?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aab5c3767

Your table is looking great! Keep at it!

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Oh man i can't believe they has smaller ones.  I guess I will be ordering tomorrow.

I didn't even think about this when I bought it.  Hopefully my mistake will help someone in the future.

If it does. It will make my error worth while.

Thanks for the help and sending me the link.   :cheers:

Anyways anyone have any suggestions?  I guess the wood I used is about 1/4 to thin.

There are 1" clips out there.

http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=219_228&products_id=1199

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Ms-Pac-Pac-Man-Galaga-Cocktail-Table-Glass-Clips-1-/320702527335?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aab5c3767

Your table is looking great! Keep at it!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 07:15:57 pm by extendedplayarcade »

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
Well I ordered the 1 inch clips.  (anyone need 1 1/4 inch clips?)  I wasn't even thinking when i ordered  :banghead:

anyways does anyone know where i can get a metal piano hinge for my cocktail table?  No shorter than 12" no longer than 18"

I did a few searches but can't find one I want.  A heavy duty one would be nice with no sharp edges.

I have one but i is super flimsy and bent in a few spots.  I even cut the edges so the kids won't cut themselves or anything.  

Maybe I will post this on the main page so people will see it