Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WahCade filters (under GroovyArcade)  (Read 5484 times)

cvpeck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2011, 05:04:18 am
WahCade filters (under GroovyArcade)
« on: May 14, 2011, 03:25:54 am »
Hello all,

I'm having trouble setting up WahCade under GroovyArcade.

When running the WahCade setup and trying to create the initial filter list, no roms are listed. The select boxes on the filter list do not appear to function in any way. This means I always end up with an empty rom list.

Can anybody assist at all?

Cheers,
Chris.

cvpeck

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2011, 05:04:18 am
Re: WahCade filters (under GroovyArcade)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 05:04:18 am »
Now it looks like I have a corrupted mame-0.ftr file. Does anybody know how to recreate it?

bitbytebit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2019, 11:07:16 am
    • The Groovy Organization
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 08:44:31 am »
I never could get Wahcade to rescan my roms when they changed without completely removing the .wahcade directory it creates and starting over.  That was one thing I couldn't figure out, but I'm guessing there's some bugs in that part of it.  Best to start fresh each time I guess, and when redoing filters like that, same thing too.  So just try to run `rm -rf .wahcade` or safer to run `mv .wahcade old_wahcade` and see what happens when running setup after that.
SwitchRes / GroovyMame - http://arcade.groovy.org
Modeline Generator and Mame Wrapper for Windows or Linux
LiveCD of Groovy Arcade Linux for Arcade Monitors
GroovyMame - generate arcade resolutions like advancemame
--
The Groovy Organization

migraineman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2016, 02:56:35 pm
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 07:58:26 pm »
I'm running WahCade under FC15, and it's working nicely now that I have dumped Gnome3 in favor of Xfce. 

Recommendation: Run wahcade-setup from a terminal window instead of from the pull-down menu.  You can see the error messages when it craps out.

I had problems with mameinfo.xml and mame-0.ftr.  I resolved the problems by changing the List Generation Method in Emulators/List_Generation from XML to "ROM Directory".  Then I generated the mameinfo.xml file using the circular-arrow button on the MAME_Only page.  Once that was done, I would get the mame-0.ftr error when I pressed the Setup Filters button on the MAME Only page.  This was cleared by changing the List Generation Method back to XML, then running the Setup Filters function. 

Took me a while to figure this out, but I've done it successfully on two different machines now.