Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What is this game? (Fishing theme)  (Read 999 times)

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:37:29 am
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
What is this game? (Fishing theme)
« on: May 17, 2011, 11:14:51 pm »

I haven't managed to take a photo, or get any details from it. Basically it seems to be fishing themed. The cab consists of a large LCD screen (maybe 60") laid flat like a pool table. Around the sides are joysticks with i think two buttons. There were 6 sets I think. The screen shows a snorkelers view of a coral environment. The players shoot nets and things at schools of fish and turtles etc that pass by. What intrigues me is that it seems to be a gambling machine of some sort, because the coin slot has a channel right next to it for the coins. The players really shovel the coins in as they play! If it's a gambling machine, I wonder what the payoff is for the winning players? Coins only seemed to be going in, not out.

I saw one in action yesterday (I'm in Hong Kong) but wasn't going to take a picture as the guys playing looked kinda serious and unapproachable...

I'm very impressed with the screen. Viewing looks spot on from any position. Good news for future cocktail cab projects.

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981