Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: also looking for monitor...  (Read 2395 times)

tony

• Trade Count: (0)
also looking for monitor...
« on: February 28, 2002, 12:11:39 pm »
hi all, i have another post about my dead cab on the main board but thought i'd post something a bit more specific in here.

looking to replace the small monitor in the cab i just got and was thinking of ordering from happs, any recomendations?  i'd like to go as big as i can and still have the thing rotatable.  since this is my first conversion, any help on what i should do or what i should buy is appeciated.

also, on a tech level, if i were to get a new monitor from happs, would it have it's own power supply?  if not, i would need to replace the one currently in my machine.  anyone know where the model numbers are on those things?  is it clearly stated on the outside of the PS?

i can't wait to get home and dig into this machine.

and for both of those, monitor/power supply, if anyone has anything for sale in the san francisco bay area or knows where i may be able to get a PS without mail order...  yes, i am an impatient fellow ;)

just try and remember your first cab and how badly you wanted to just get it up and running ;)

that's where i'm at right now!

thanks all,

tony
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Mike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2005, 01:22:14 pm
  • Umm, yea about the TPS report
Re: also looking for monitor...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2002, 04:06:01 pm »
The size of your monitor is going to depend on the size of your cabinet. Also if your impatient you might want to consider using a TV or a computer monitor both will be cheaper than the arcade monitor. With both of those you don't have to worry about the power supply. Just food for thought.

tony

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2002, 04:21:53 pm »
hi mike, thanks for the post!  yes, for the time being, i will be using a pc monitor to feed the need ;)

but, i will be refitting the machine, monitor, controls, etc. eventually.  i've seen a 19" on ebay that plugs directly into a vga port with it's own plug for power.  anyone know if these are any good or should i go with an actual jamma monitor since i have a jpac on order?

thanks all

d8thstar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2004, 07:14:47 pm
  • i hate newbies!  oh wait, i AM one...
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2002, 09:40:16 am »
hi all,

was hoping that people with monitor experience could take a look at this auction on ebay:

again, being the newbie that i am, i just want to be sure that when i get a monitor, it is the only one i will be needing.

tony
converting a jamma+ cab to mame

btw, i am tony, the original poster.  i am now a registered newbie!  :)