Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Real Stupid Control Panel Question..  (Read 2020 times)

scream1973

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2014, 10:28:46 am
Real Stupid Control Panel Question..
« on: April 18, 2011, 10:42:05 pm »
I have the "box" built for my control panel and did a mock up top out of particle board because i am waiting for my artwork/template back from Scott @ games on  before i cut the final one just to ensure everything fits like a glove..
Building a UAII style cabinet.. How does everyone attach the control panel to the cabinet itself.  I was thinking i could hinge the front of the box to the top so it could fold open and then put something to latch it down.. at which point i could simply screw the box to the cabinet.. ( it has a bottom to the box) ..

DillonFoulds

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2019, 05:04:44 am
Re: Real Stupid Control Panel Question..
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 01:05:47 am »
My uprights all use piano hinges for the top of the control panel, and then to hold the box for the control panel, it's basically Bolts and T-Nuts that are sunk into 1"x2" wood glued to the cabinet itself.

To give you a better idea:

In this picture, there's a mounting bolt in the front/center, and two that go through the back of the box on either side.

scream1973

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2014, 10:28:46 am
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 12:40:27 pm »
That would work perfectly.. thanks for the idea

gatordad

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2024, 07:11:02 pm
  • This is your brain on games.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 10:13:22 pm »
My uprights all use piano hinges for the top of the control panel, and then to hold the box for the control panel, it's basically Bolts and T-Nuts that are sunk into 1"x2" wood glued to the cabinet itself.

To give you a better idea:

In this picture, there's a mounting bolt in the front/center, and two that go through the back of the box on either side.

Are you working on that in your kitchen?

DillonFoulds

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2019, 05:04:44 am
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 03:08:50 am »
Once upon a time I was. Girlfriend has been VERY understanding about the whole thing. I don't have a shop, garage, or really a yard that I can work in, so I ended up using the kitchen for a very large portion of the work that needed to be done.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=96121.0

Once upon a time, when we were in between kitchen tables, we had an arkanoid cocktail in place of the table...

Just about the only machine I've brought in that I didn't work on in the kitchen was a pinball machine. Suprisingly it took up less space than anything I've worked on yet!