Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Westcontrols.com Reliable?  (Read 1521 times)

WindDrake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2020, 09:49:05 pm
  • Electrical Engineer
Westcontrols.com Reliable?
« on: April 20, 2011, 11:07:20 am »
Did some searching, didn't come up with anything solid, so I decided to try and poll the community here to see what you guys think.

I ordered a 3" High-Ball Trackball mounting kit from Westcontrols.com late last Wednesday (4/13), didn't hear anything Thurs (When dealers like LizardLick were updating things within a day), so Friday I decided to shoot them an eMail to see how my order was coming along.

I got this response Saturday.
"We don’t charge until it is ready to ship so it should not be a problem…we have been re-organizing the shop and have not unboxed the hi-ball kits"

Ok, fine. I can understand some reorganizational delays. No problem.

Well, problem is now, that it's now Wednesday again, making it a full week from order. And I still have yet to hear anything from them.

I hate to be that customer that nags, etc, but when I get quick service/responses from folks like TwistedQuarter and LizardLick, this kind of timeframe is a little irritating. It's also making me worry.

So what do you guys think? Should I be worried? I shot them another eMail, we'll see how that goes, I suppose.

Paul Olson

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2022, 09:06:31 pm
    • Paul's Arcade
Re: Westcontrols.com Reliable?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 11:23:44 am »
Personally, I think a week is way too long. I would contact them again, and cancel if it hasn't shipped yet. You are right, there are too many places that offer fast service and good communication to wait around. I think I have ordered from West before, and I don't have anything against them, but in this case, it doesn't sound like they are prepared to offer an acceptable level of service.

alfonzotan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2023, 08:39:45 am
    • The Cab With No Name
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 12:54:16 pm »
They're not great for contact... I've emailed them asking if I could buy one of the SW Yoke panels without the actual yoke (got one of those already), and got no response.

Doesn't necessarily say anything about their trustworthiness, but...

WindDrake

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2020, 09:49:05 pm
  • Electrical Engineer
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 04:15:08 pm »
I let it ride till now. Still nothing. Not acceptable.

Sent an eMail to cancel and sourced the part elsewhere. Man, what a waste of time.

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2024, 01:02:45 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 04:28:47 pm »
While I would normally say something along the lines of most vendors being hobbyists ... if you have time to answer an email, you should have time to find a trackball kit and make the customer happy.
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

Gray_Area

• -Banned-
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2013, 06:52:30 pm
  • -Banned-
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 12:35:13 am »
West Controls does not come off as hobbyists to me. Nor do I see their offerings as remarkable. I'd really like to know a ballpark figure of their unit sales....
-Banned-