Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: If you use FedEx, get signature confirmation  (Read 5316 times)

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
NO MORE!!

Samstag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 16, 2016, 01:41:19 am
  • That's not a llama!
Re: If you use FedEx, get signature confirmation
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 01:43:02 pm »
I'm safe.  I always get my Amazon shipments delivered by UPS, and the guy always places my welcome mat on top of incoming packages.  No matter how big, or how many of them there are.  It's like suburban camouflage.

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 02:15:46 pm »
OR never ever use fedex.................

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 02:30:30 pm »
USPS - By my side door, they roll my trash can in front to obstruct view.
UPS - By my side door, they try to tuck the package in as far as possible so it isn't noticed.
FexEx - Right in the middle of my front doorstep, which easily visible on a busy road.

Guess which shipper's packages have gotten stolen on me?

As far as signature confirmation goes, I HATE it because they will not deliver your package if you are not home, you cannot pick it up the next day because it automatically goes in the next days shipment for a second attempt. I have had to take off of work to get my packages before.

Fordman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2021, 11:20:27 am
  • MADE in the USA
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 02:33:01 pm »
FedEx drivers get paid by the package, not by the hour (independant contractors). The more they deliver, the more they get paid. They couldnt give a crap about who signs for it, just as long as it was delivered. Also, if it was delivered within 100ft of your residence, FedEx considers it an 'On Target' delivery (Ive been down this road with them on this very issue).

Also, I only use USPS for 90% of my shipping (brother is a letter carrier) and UPS for the rest and expidited shipping. Only one issue in the last 12 years with either service.

Fordman

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 02:55:00 pm »
FedEx drivers get paid by the package, not by the hour (independant contractors). The more they deliver, the more they get paid. They couldnt give a crap about who signs for it, just as long as it was delivered. Also, if it was delivered within 100ft of your residence, FedEx considers it an 'On Target' delivery (Ive been down this road with them on this very issue).

Also, I only use USPS for 90% of my shipping (brother is a letter carrier) and UPS for the rest and expidited shipping. Only one issue in the last 12 years with either service.

Fordman

Fordman's right. I just recently had a speaker bar I won on eBay misdelivered and signed for. The seller ended up giving me a refund and had to file a claim with FedEx.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

SNAAKE

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 04:03:28 pm »
fedex broke my brand new $300 monitor IN METAL CASING. it was built like a tank but somehow they managed to break it...........

I sent the money with paypal and didnt buy through ebay. seller took the monitor back AND didnt refund any $.

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 04:24:21 pm »
UPS - By my side door, they try to tuck the package in as far as possible so it isn't noticed.
FexEx - Right in the middle of my front doorstep, which easily visible on a busy road.
Interesting. In Canada the postal service will not leave a package unless you are home or it fits in your mailbox. They leave a notice and you then go to your local post office and pick up the package after 5pm the day of delivery.
NO MORE!!

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 04:30:16 pm »
Just have the packages delivered to an elderly friend or relative.

Usually they are home all the time, and they would love to have someone come over and visit.

Or just make friends with your neighbors.  Mine signs for all my packages and the shop across the street takes them in too.

I love where I live.  Everyone is so friendly.  :angel:
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

hypernova

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2016, 12:52:48 pm
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 05:48:40 pm »
the package contained equipment to polish pinball machine parts

SCORE!!! :lol

Anyone watch the video?  Catch the female anchor's name?  I thought that was just a silly name used in comedy sketches.  CLASSIC!
I'll exercise patience when you stop exercising stupidity.
My zazzle page.  I've created T-shirts!

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 06:01:55 pm »
As far as signature confirmation goes, I HATE it because they will not deliver your package if you are not home, you cannot pick it up the next day because it automatically goes in the next days shipment for a second attempt. I have had to take off of work to get my packages before.

You can sign the slip that they leave that authorizes them to leave it on your doorstep.  Or just leave a signed note saying "leave the package here".

You can also call them and change the delivery address to wherever you work.  If you hate talking to people, you can do it online, too.

I've done all of these things...

I'll have to try that one next time. I called customer service before about it and the person told me there was no way for me to authorize a drop off. I honestly trust your advice above that customer service guy.

Interesting. In Canada the postal service will not leave a package unless you are home or it fits in your mailbox. They leave a notice and you then go to your local post office and pick up the package after 5pm the day of delivery.

If there is no signature required, they can leave it in a "safe" setting. Yeah, the USPS is considered to have the best service of any postal service. The USPS is also flat broke. They are closing a brazillion post offices and we will probably lose Saturday service in the next year. It's too bad.

SNAAKE

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 06:49:01 pm »
yes usps is easily the best. ups never lost my package or broke anything but you can never expect them to deliver things in 2 days unless you wanna play double of what usps is charging you(at least my personal experience)

Donkbaca

• Our reptillian overlords would be pleased
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2012, 06:28:10 pm
    • Slim built MAME/Xbox cab
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 07:55:55 pm »
I think the FedEx packages get dilvered by the USPS people in my neighborhood.  We have one of those community mailbox deals where everything is locked up.  UPS drops stuff off on the porch

Gray_Area

• -Banned-
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2013, 06:52:30 pm
  • -Banned-
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 08:48:03 pm »
I can imagine it's a regional thing. I've had far more polite, attentive, careful, and un-rushed Fedex carriers than I have UPS. In fact, there's almost always the same guy who handles UPS in this area, and he seems to have a bee up his ass.
-Banned-

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 11:24:56 pm »
FedEx delivered four boxes of mine to the wrong address the other day. Delivery confirmation said, "Left in front of garage. No signature required."

Left in front of garage....at the wrong house?

Not to mention I only ordered ONE item and the website I ordered from goofed up and charged me FOUR TIMES and delivered FOUR BOXES. I received only ONE email confirming my ONE item was ordered, plus an email later telling me ONE box was shipped. Sheesh....

So FedEx will be here tomorrow to pickup the boxes I didn't order so I can get my $63.45 back.

Thenasty

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:54:36 pm
    • Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical monitor setup.
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 08:23:11 am »
That MAME Machine looks nice......
Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical setup.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=26696.0

Free VGA Breakout Cable
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=38228.0

Ultimate All in One Coin Mech write up (Make your own)
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=19200.0

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 09:59:18 am »
What, isn't doorstep package hunting like dumpster diving without the urine smell?  >:D