Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Entry Cleanup... Volunteers needed!  (Read 8517 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Entry Cleanup... Volunteers needed!
« on: March 25, 2011, 05:08:07 am »
I've been mucking around with the current entries and the db is in need of a cleanup. 

By that I mean many entries are outdated on the mame end of things..... broken inputs have been moved or fixed, inaccurate control types have been fixed, hacks have been removed ect....

The db will undergo major changes in the future, so now would be a perfect time to give everyting a once over. 

When viewing entries on the site by controls, the MISC section is the place to look at.  Generally if anything is odd, it's given a misc label. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Re: Entry Cleanup... Volunteers needed!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 06:08:30 pm »
This is a list for my own benefit, there are some things that have to be fixed on the server end, so I have to make a note of them

bladestl - the original entry had a trackball as the input type because at the time version E (the version that used a trackball) was the parent.  Now version T, which uses a joystick, is parent rom.  Two trackball-centric entries need to be made for the clones bladestll and bladeste

frogs - fixed joystick, which is now correct in mame.

sarge - the joystick hack was removed, so I updated misc details to reflect this

topspeed - driver is still garbage but now it is different garbage than the current entry... perhaps I can clean it up and submit it myself?

vindicator - removed mention of a input hack in the misc details as that has been removed.

720 - added in all the  new controls as best I could.  Note... controls viewers and the dat now have to worry about port tags, which were previously unused for anything important.  In 720 two different cfg values can be given for the same spinner due to this.

aburner2 - useless button removed, so I updated the entry... ditto for balloon fight

barricad - game now uses a 8way joystick for the buttons...... this constant isn't in the db
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 08:29:33 pm by Howard_Casto »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Re: Entry Cleanup... Volunteers needed!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 07:10:15 pm »
*oops*
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 08:03:29 pm by Howard_Casto »