Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: General Questions About Maximus Arcade  (Read 3535 times)

bobrpggamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 18, 2011, 03:08:12 am
General Questions About Maximus Arcade
« on: March 22, 2011, 09:21:41 pm »
Hey, Finally got access to a Maximus Arcade forum, Thank god!

I got a few questions If anyone is kind enough to answer them for me. Here goes:

1) Is it possible to have different marquees for different favorites? For instance I have DosBox RPG game as a list, I have DosBox Action Games as a list, and Say GOG games as another list. Can I have a separate marquee for DosBox RPG games, a separate marquee for DosBox Action Games, and a separate marquee for GOG games, when I switch to the particular list?

2) Is it possible to clone a emulator space such as Batch Files and make a separate Batch file spot, such as Batch2. So that I can have one set of batch files for say dosbox and then under Batch2 have GOG games, and Maybe batch3 for recent PC games using just a shortcut to the actual game. Personally I don't think I can, But thought I would ask anyway to see it is possible.

Thanks for letting me use this forum.

Jukecade

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 04, 2017, 04:39:18 pm
Re: General Questions About Maximus Arcade
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 07:38:49 pm »
Hey, Finally got access to a Maximus Arcade forum, Thank god!

I got a few questions If anyone is kind enough to answer them for me. Here goes:

2) Is it possible to clone a emulator space such as Batch Files and make a separate Batch file spot, such as Batch2. So that I can have one set of batch files for say dosbox and then under Batch2 have GOG games, and Maybe batch3 for recent PC games using just a shortcut to the actual game. Personally I don't think I can, But thought I would ask anyway to see it is possible.

Thanks for letting me use this forum.

Hi there

There is a way to do this but not sure if this is the best way. You should be able to use any other emulator "page" to run other emulators. For example I use the Vetrex to run a seconds MAME list but regarding your question about running a second bat file I found this works:

1. I created a Emulator folder where I used Notepad and make this bat file

cd roms
%1
cd ..

save this as run.bat

2. I created a "ROMS" folder where there are BAT files which runs the games. SO it would contain game1.bat invaders.bat etc

3. in M.A. Go to the preferences and click on the "Emulator" table and choose an emulator you are not currently using such as Dosbox.

4. In the Executable box enter the location of the run.bat file. For example d:\games\batgames2\run.bat

5. In the Media(roms) box enter the location of your ROMS folder. For example d:\games\batgames2\roms\

6. in the Command line box make sure it reads   %file

7. I have Path to media set as "short"

8. Click the Scan tab and add .bat in the media extensions box

9. Click the "Display Order" Tab and add the emulator you chose to use. In this example it would be Dosbox

10. Click the Game list and just make sure a list dosent already exist for the emulator you chose. If so click delete.

11. Exit the preferences and run the MA frontend. You should now have the new game list.

Hope this works for you
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 07:56:04 am by Jukecade »
Jukecade - The Jukebox for your MAME Cabinet

bobrpggamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 01:17:21 am »
Thanks For the help guys.

I think I may use Jukecade's Idea after I get some of the other emulators up and running. I am personally doing Amiga Via WinUAE at the moment, Got a lot of RPG games, Action Games, 7 Virtual Amiga's and a Few CD32 Game up an running now, but have finish up testing them all now.

Thanks again, and thanks to whoever made Maximus Arcade. It makes retro gaming so much easier (I tried Game EX but It has way more complex way of doing things - and I couldn't even get my WinUAE games to work).

bobrpggamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 04:25:52 am »
Hey Jukecade, You are brilliant! The multiple batch file trick works like a charm.

You are officially my hero!

Thanks.