Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need suggestions for accessing dreamcast  (Read 5007 times)

Shieldwolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2020, 12:48:53 am
  • SpearShield.com
Need suggestions for accessing dreamcast
« on: August 24, 2003, 08:23:28 pm »
I have a dreamcast set to go in my midway style cab and I'm trying to figure out the best way to access it for control and game changes. Ideally I would like to have the dreamcast control ports sticking out of the front of the cab along with a usb port

(like this http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=190895)

for my pc. I don't have a coin door cut into my cab and don't know the best way to go about this. I do have a back door built, but I can see that getting old really quick for changing games. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Jakobud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 04:45:38 am
Re:Need suggestions for accessing dreamcast
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 11:36:06 pm »
I've never owned a dreamcast so i dont know a bunch about them, but can the dreamcast run mounted vertically?  Will this cause any disc scratching or will the drive spin unbalanced?  If not, maybe you could try mounting the dreamcast vertically where the coin door would normally be.  Or maybe at least sort of disassemble the DC a bit and vertically mount just the disc drive assembly...

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2003, 06:21:22 am »
I have a dreamcast set to go in my midway style cab and I'm trying to figure out the best way to access it for control and game changes. Ideally I would like to have the dreamcast control ports sticking out of the front of the cab along with a usb port

Cable extension cords(6 foot) are what ya need.  They are fairly inexpensive, about 4 to 6 dollars I think...grab 4 of those and route them where ever they need to go.  

(like this http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=190895)

for my pc. I don't have a coin door cut into my cab and don't know the best way to go about this. I do have a back door built, but I can see that getting old really quick for changing games. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

How much room is behind your marquee?  can you lift the marquee?  I have seen a few folks that made the area behind the marquee as a storage area.

I have been considering the same thing myself since I am still in the pre-pre planning stages myself.

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:22:35 pm
  • The Bears Still Suck!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 07:43:56 pm »
I don't have a coin door cut into my cab and don't know the best way to go about this.
Maybe you will want to :)  My coin door makes a great access panel to what's inside.