Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New Product: Leaf-Pro™ Classic Arcade True-Leaf-Switch Joystick -GroovyGameGear  (Read 16590 times)

RoyalScam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2018, 05:18:41 pm
I've been quiet about this because;

1: I'm a lurker, have been registered here since 2005, and was lurking long before that.

2: The 8-way version of this Joystick is the first Joystick I've ever had hooked up to a PC. Well     Modern PC anyway. My first Joystick for PC was a Kraft analog stick ( think RC airplane type) that worked for both IBM and Apple II, it was for my first XT Clone, and as such doesn't really count.

I've recently purchased some buttons and two Leaf Pro 8 Ways from Randy, and the service and parts quality was tops.  After all these years reading about GGG, I knew what to expect, and I was not disappointed.    I knew, from experience with some now "Classic" game consoles, that I did not want a microswtich type joystick. Didn't want something 'clicky'.  So I snatched up these two and am very pleased with them.  I have constructed a control panel and learned that I'll now top mount these sticks in an up coming project, but even though the shafts are a little short on my current panel, it's still very playable. As for 'feel', I don't really know what to say. They work, the spring doesn't feel too stiff or too mushy, All directions function, and we had a blast playing with it at a recent party.  Does it feel like the games you remember from the arcades? How the heck would I know, that was thirty years ago ;).  What I will say is that I really thought for the longest time that some folks here were genuinely looney, with their talk of four way stick vs. 8 way on certain games.  Now that I've tried it, Pac Man stinks with an 8 way, I'm now a convert.  I'll be placing an order for a couple of four ways soon.  Oh, BTW I tried, but not too hard, to remove the tops from these sticks, to see if I could fit them with some 'hand candy' tops.  I don't think it's possible.

Regards,
Scam

tcleary

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:30:19 am
  • I'm a llama!
Man, no talk for 8 years.  I recently bought one of those arcade1up countercade galagas.  The 2nd version.  So I went looking for a leaf stick option and landed on these.  The 4 way has an option for 2 way.  I ordered that and some of the leaf buttons from ggg.  I don’t see any talk about the 2 way option on these sticks, maybe it is in the forums somewhere.  I’m curious if anyone has used them?  I’ll report back how this little mod goes if anyone is interested.