Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LOTR Shooter Lane ? Ball Somtimes Hits Snag Somewhere While Leaving Shooter Lan  (Read 1757 times)

Charles4400

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2016, 02:31:42 am
Wow its been somtime since I was on this board, been a busy couple of years but now  have some time to get back to my pins!

I've noticed this since I got my pin a few years ago but always thought it was normal...now not so sure....

Sometimes when pulling the shooting rod all the way back for full
power (or almost all the way back) the ball will shoot out of the
shooter lane and somehow hit a bump or snag where it loses its force
and goes into the O-R-C Lanes or the Tower.

Many times the ball will go all the way around the board and shoot
back to the flippers like you think it would.

Somtimes this happens when not even pulling the shooter rod all the
way back, but halfway....

Is this a common problem on LOTR or there an adjustment I should be
making or area I should be looking at?

I think it has to be 1 of 3 three things:
1.)The ball actually launches up and hits the bottom of the sword ramp after leaving the shooter lane ramp

-2.)The ball somehows hits the lip of the metal guide on the Merry
orbit path when leaving the shooter lane ramp.

-3.)The ball successfully leaves the shooter ramp but hits the metal rail by the right bumber slowing the ball and sending it
into the ORC lanes.

Hard to determine exactly as it happens so fast and it doesn't happen
all the time.

As far as I can tell the shooter rod is centered on the ball (by
eyeballing it at least).

Is this common...any suggestions?
(different subject but when the ball does clear the shooter ramp successfully it sometimes hits the Orthanc post in the back even though it is down...again common issue?)

THANKS!

Charles4400

• Offline Offline
Thanks I'll take a look at it and report back...

Charles4400

• Offline Offline
The shooter rod looks straight.

I turned it looking for a distinct leaning and wobble to one side but it turns pretty straight and even.

I think the ball is clipping the rail by the right pop bumber sometimes. I bent the right side "fork" of the shooter ramp down a bit to try and get the ball to exit the shooter lane ramp to the right and that seems to help alot! but every 1 in 12 shots still doesn't make it around the full right side orbit.

I'm wondering if this is somewhat normal because my ramp and shooter rod don't seem so far off spec.... does anyone else experience this or does the ball always exit and orbit around to the left side 100% of the time when using full power on the shooter rod?

Going to try to replace the rod springs...maybe its due to a lack of consistent full power from the shooting rod?

Does anyone know what size the outer shooter rod spring is (spring between rod and housing)...is it the large or small spring?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:02:30 pm by Charles4400 »